Aberdeen v Hearts official game thread

SMJ_1874

portobellojambo1
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Had enough of the deluded defending Clare. You start to wonder if it’s trolls or just the clueless?

He did absolutely nothing last night. If he is to be considered for the Cup Final then it should be as a substitute and someone we can bring on with say 2 minutes of extra time remaining and a chance we might get to a penalty shoot out. No one who was looking to promote themselves as must picks for the final did anything of note last night, other than possibly Burns bringing himself into consideration at left full back.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• BOBTHEBRUCE

GorgieRules22
Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

He did absolutely nothing last night. If he is to be considered for the Cup Final then it should be as a substitute and someone we can bring on with say 2 minutes of extra time remaining and a chance we might get to a penalty shoot out. No one who was looking to promote themselves as must picks for the final did anything of note last night, other than possibly Burns bringing himself into consideration at left full back.

I actually thought the back three looked ok, very rarely pulled out of position.

1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Bud, I don’t think he’s did anything in respect of a strong performance for ages. 

Even lately there’s been the the odd occasion he’s not started or Levein has subbed him. Looks timid, lacks appetite for the game, too late at reacting when the ball is there to nick. One of those players that “nearly gets there” when closing down.

When he runs with the ball you can see the fear as he’s being chased. Not going anywhere with players like that. 

Now at the stage of just wanting this season to be over. Finding it hard to muster any sort of enthusiasm for the final. It will be a case of hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.  No matter what though we need a complete re think for next season. Last night was turgid and completely uninspiring. Completely unacceptable for a club of this stature. 

Holyrood_Hearts

I know CL said he’d be making changes prior to the last 2 league games but you still need to be competitive & give yourself a chance to win. There was no need to make so many last night.

We have to move away from this back 3 nonsense. We don’t have the players for the system, especially in the wide positions.  We have to play a back 4, although the LB position concerns me. Where is Aidy White?

As for the starting line up, Doyle makes the easy stuff look difficult & has to go, Brandon was awful, Burns is wasted at LB/LW for me, he’s technically better than that. Cochrane & Bozanic were outfought in midfield & we should’ve taken off a CB for Olly Lee. Edwards, Clare & Maclean all chased lost causes & worked hard without looking threatening. 

We’re so far off the pace it’s frightening. No Hearts fan can seriously look at the last 6/7 months & still want CL here next season. For the greater good of all he has to go. 

portobellojambo1
Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

I actually thought the back three looked ok, very rarely pulled out of position.

That was possibly more a reflection on how poor Aberdeen were last night. They are a team who haven't set the heather on fire at home but still turned us over despite it being two very poor teams on show last night, it was definitely nothing more than an end of season match.

8 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Totally agree. Just back from Aberdeen and I knew it would be a waste of time but me and the bairn still went. I watch Hearts because I feel guilty if I don’t go.  Now the bairn has inherited the love that is all things maroon and HMFC. Haven't the heart to tell her she’s in for a rollercoaster life of disappointment. HHGH

Hats off to all you guys who made the trip up north last night.

You have every right to be pissed off with what's being served up as football.

This current situation reminds me of the later stages of Joe Jordan's time at Hearts. Fans in meltdown and players trying their best to get him the sack by not trying a leg.

It's really sad to see but sadly we need a fresh start at least on the first team front.

5 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

A "dear pot, love kettle" moment.

Good post Geoff. This forum wouldn't be the same without your input, not even close.

31 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Now at the stage of just wanting this season to be over. Finding it hard to muster any sort of enthusiasm for the final. It will be a case of hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.  No matter what though we need a complete re think for next season. Last night was turgid and completely uninspiring. Completely unacceptable for a club of this stature. 

I wanted the league season to be over in March. However bizarrely, I'm looking forward to the cup final. Remember when Wigan beat Man City?

2 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

I wanted the league season to be over in March. However bizarrely, I'm looking forward to the cup final. Remember when Wigan beat Man City?

Hope springs eternal.  I have no doubt that we can beat Celtic on the day.  It’s all going to depend on what Hearts team actually turns up. 

Gorillajam
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Their training facilities don't even include an indoor pitch, no way they'll be the best in scotland.

They also haven't started paying for it yet so I'm not so sure about the players they can attract. 50 million is their estimate, but there's no way they're building this training facility, a 20k stadium, plus the necessary infrastructure like car park, access roads, pedestrian footbridge etc for 50 million when we're at 15 and counting and haven't finished the main stand yet. 

Stewart Milne recently announced that they have covered the cost of funding the training facilities. They also have plans to build a large indoor complex in the future. McInnes himself insisted Aberdeen's training facilities will be the envy of all in Scotland including the Old Firm. They also own their facilities out right. We have an agreement to use national centre and although its a fantastic training complex it won't quite be on the same par as their new training complex.

The stadium has been quoted at 40 million not 50 million. Both Stewart Milne and Dave McCormack seem confident that private investment from America and elsewhere will help cover the cost of the new stadium. Milne and McInnes even mentioned this past week that their playing budget will be increased this summer and will not be affected by the construction of new infrastructure. Since McInnes arrival, he has helped revolutionize that club in every aspect.

I'm personally not a fan of Budge and feel she has to be made accountable for our lack of progression since her arrival. The Cathro experiment was a disaster and should have been avoided. I'd like to see how Levein gets on this summer however he does seem too hold to much power within the club and in the eyes of Budge it appears he can do no wrong. Whatever your opinions are on Michael Stewart, his comments this past week regarding Levein and Budge are hard to disagree with. Article link below.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/michael-stewart-savages-hearts-craig-16258726

Edited by Gorillajam

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Personally see Aberdeen as the club we should be trying to emulate. They will have state of the Art training facilities (the best in Scotland) as of September and a modern new stadium by 2021 - starting this summer they'll be able to attract a better calibre of player solely due to their new training facilities. They will replace those who leave with like for like.

They have the worst injury catalogue of any SPL side this season. They were missing GMS, McGinn, McLennan tonight and were forced to play both Wilson and Lowe on the wings who I thought played very well for them. They just signed lewis up on a 5 year deal who is most definitely the best goalie in the league and that Ferguson lad is outstanding.  Shinnie was rushed back into their team tonight as it was his last in front of his home fans. I'd argue they'd be pushing for second place going into the last game of the season had they not been hit by injuries and suspensions. We ourselves have suffered the indignation of injuries and suspensions this season. I'm hoping McInnes will leave for the Scotland job because certainly whilst he remains at the helm at Aberdeen I can see them consistently challenging The Rangers for second and reaching cup finals etc. They might not be pretty to watch but they are a club which has rejuvenated themselves back to challenging for domestic titles and playing in Europe every year. They are a well run club.

The only positive for me tonight was the introduction of Hickey. Looks very promising however I've seen this before with our youngsters to not materialize into anything so I'll reserve judgement for now. Thought Brandon was off the boil big time - he hasn't done himself any favours tonight. Cochrane is one of a hand full I'd keep in the current Hearts squad. He'd excel in a better Hearts side. We really miss Naismith and had he played we'd have probably managed a draw. I still think we should allow Levein the summer to rectify our squad and see where we are by Christmas. My faith in him is withering however I'm optimistic that with a bigger playing budget he can pull us back up. We clearly didn't field our strongest side tonight however I hope that performance wasn't a preview of whats to come against Celtic.

They are in way, but also not in a way. 

They have a massive rebuild in the summer and have less points than last season. 

The playing side will be affected with this project they are undertaking. 

You could argue that they peaked when us, hibs and in particular rangers were missing and with money now going to off the field projects they will struggle to continue thier consistency. 

I could be wrong ofc. 

Take the last 5 years of the clubs 

Aberdeen, 2nd now 3rd. 

Several finals/ sf one lc 

One manager 

No funds directed to infrastructure. 

We, on the other hand

Championship, 3rd,6th, 6th. 

Funded our  infrustructure 

3 managers. 

This season lc sf and sc at least final. 

If we win the sc, you could argue we've been more successful in what we've achieved. 

Not only that, going forward we can Concentrate on the football side now while one of our rivals funds a massive project. 

For comparison, if we'd kept Neilson ( look at his league record over the 3 seasons) and Diverted all funds to the footballing side, where do you think we'd be? 

Probably better off but have a old, falling down stand. 

We do need to get results tho, as the future is OK, but we do need some tangible reward now and next season. 

A sc win would ofc provide that. 

Tasavallan
12 hours ago, 5jambo1 said:

Think we learned that our back up 11 is not ready and how important we have as many ‘first’ 11 ready and fit for the final. Really dissapointed nobody stepped up and tried to earn a place in the team for the final. 

Dikamona, will run through a wall for you but I personally think against Celtic, he would be a big risk as he comes across like he will have a mistake in him

Cochrane, needs to get on the ball more and influence games. We can moan at the defenders for hoofing it all the time but if you don’t have players in front of you demanding the ball then what are you supposed to do. I personally think with the way we are playing he would be a risk in the final as he could easily become a passenger. You can tell He is a tidy footballer but I don’t think he’s done enough and could be a bit lightweight in a game where we are going to be chasing shadows for a lot of it. 

Bozanic, doesn’t lack effort and does keep it nice and simple at times but think he lacks that bit of quality. Too many times he got out muscled or caught in possession tonight

Edwards, lots of energy but again failed to really stamp his mark on the game. Ran himself to the ground and did show he has a bit of pace as well. Cant fault his work rate and determination. Can’t believe I’m saying this but could be the type of player we need in the final. Not convinced but with the way the game will probably go I think he is ahead of bozanic and cochrane of haring makes it. 

Burns, again, worked his socks off and his face when he scored was pleasing to see. That’s the type of player you want representing your club. Still just think he lacks a bit of pace and quality at times and would be a massive risk in the final against Forrest. I’d play Mulraney. 

Brandon, tough game for him, looked dodgy defending and lacked quality throughout. Personally think he’s capable of better but going to struggle to make it playingilw that. Smith needs to start and would have started anyway, even if Brandon had a good game

Clare, frustrates the life out of me. We need much much more from him. I’ve defended him throughout the season saying he got rushed back, needs time and that he is showing signs. Tonight he let himself down massively. He was the guy we should be relying on to hold it in, find a pass, show a bit of composure. Too many times he just wanted to get rid and hit aimless passes and balls up the park. Needs to contribute more and on that performance his place in the team for the final in seriously under threat. Assuming we play a 3-5-2 and Naismith is fit, he’s on the bench for me.

Mclean, can’t fault his effort and put himself about despite not winning much. Can’t really do much when the ball is pumped up to his head. He did show nice touches and used the ball well when he actually got the ball into his feet, if he’s going to play up top, you have to play to his strengths, it’s pointless hitting balls up to his head. Needs to be into his chest or feet and we play off him. The team just lacks overall quality to do this. If Naismith and uche are fit, it depends on how bold Levein is. Going forward, McLean adds more to our team with his link up and overall football intelligence, could play him and Naismith behind uche like he did with Edwards and Clare tonight. Assuming Naismith and uche make it, I think he will play McLean, Edwards or Clare if he continues this system. Don’t think McLean did his chances any harm tonight as what could he do with balls up to head. When we played football for a total of 4/5 mins throughout the ninety, he was involved

no zlamal, souttar, Smith, Mitchel/garucio/mulraney, djoum, haring, Naismith, uche, realistically we were never going to beat Aberdeen. The disappointing thing for me is the distinct lack of quality and with a place in the final up for grabs the players have let themselves down. 

A well observed post.  It appears that Levein cannot do right for doing wrong.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Good post Geoff. This forum wouldn't be the same without your input, not even close.

Especially for you. It would reduce your opportunities to be snide.

grumpyespana

What did we expect last night to be honest I thought we would struggle to score for a start but we did but overall it was dire stuff and it looked like no one was wanting to play in the cup final. One thing I would have like to have seen was Vanecek getting a start but it seems like his days are numbered at Tynie he must have fell out with Levein big time.

Johnny Sandiego
49 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

I'm personally not a fan of Budge and feel she has to be made accountable for our lack of progression since her arrival. The Cathro experiment was a disaster and should have been avoided. I'd like to see how Levein gets on this summer however he does seem too hold to much power within the club and in the eyes of Budge it appears he can do no wrong. Whatever your opinions are on Michael Stewart, his comments this past week regarding Levein and Budge are hard to disagree with. Article link below.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/michael-stewart-savages-hearts-craig-16258726

Comments like this crack me up. "Lack of progression" so saving us from Liquidation, getting promoted from the Championship in one season and building a new stand, all in 5 years, is going backwards in your eyes? 

The last 2 seasons have been poor on the field (Down to Levein mainly) but off the field (Ann Budge's remit) we are better positioned than ever.

Folk need to get a perspective of reality and look at whats been acheived. I agree we now need change in the dug out as league results are unnaceptable, but to say we havent progressed as a club from the end of the Romanov era to now is just insanity.

I went up last night. 

I agreed with playing Cochrane and Edwards. For me they both need time and opportunity to play themselves into the cup final. Cochrane never hides, always wants the ball. I like Edwards because he's the only midfielder we have that looks to run beyond the striker. Whether he has the touch to go with that remains to be seen. 

We continue to hang Stevie McLean out to dry. He's a clever forward and a real threat of when played as one of a front two working close together (see the goal at Easter Road). He's not and never has been a lone striker. We must have another striker we could partner him with in the absence of Uche and Naismith. If not Vanichek, a younger forward with guile and enthusiasm. Or give Wighton a decent run of games up front with another striker and stop putting him in and out (take Cosgrove at Aberdeen - he's benefitting because a manager stood by him through a number of inept performances while their fans slated him and he suddenly found his feet. Gary Wales was like that for us back in the day). For me Wighton hasn't had a fair chance. 

I get resting Uche, Smith, Djoum Mulraney. Key players we need to have any chance on 25 May at Hampden.

I don't get resting Zlamal - he should be playing to keep building a relationship with Berra, we need continuity. Doyle is a different kind of keeper, comes flapping out for high balls Zlamal wouldn't go near. That causes problems for defenders recognising what they need to deal with and what they can leave. 

The thing that's missing for me is any sign of a game plan. There doesn't seem to be one in the here and now, and I don't see any signs that the manager is trying to implement a plan or style. In possession we look look rudderless and without a point. Regardless of who's playing. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Gorillajam said:

Stewart Milne recently announced that they have covered the cost of funding the training facilities. They also have plans to build a large indoor complex in the future. McInnes himself insisted Aberdeen's training facilities will be the envy of all in Scotland including the Old Firm. They also own their facilities out right. We have an agreement to use national centre and although its a fantastic training complex it won't quite be on the same par as their new training complex.

The stadium has been quoted at 40 million not 50 million. Both Stewart Milne and Dave McCormack seem confident that private investment from America and elsewhere will help cover the cost of the new stadium. Milne and McInnes even mentioned this past week that their playing budget will be increased this summer and will not be affected by the construction of new infrastructure. Since McInnes arrival, he has helped revolutionize that club in every aspect.

The overall cost for the planned phases is 50 million, including training facilities. Aberdeen don't have all that money and will need to find it, even if they've got the 10 needed to start the training facility. 

They can say they plan an indoor complex in the future but it's not in phase 1, 2 or 3 of their 50 millions worth of plans so straight away their facilities are lacking in the cold north east winter compared to ours, and going to cost 50 million plus whatever that is. 

If they are indeed getting all of this, on budget, with someone else paying for it,  then good luck to them. Seems pretty unrealistic to me though and I don't see how we'd emulate it. 

Gorillajam
53 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

They are in way, but also not in a way. 

They have a massive rebuild in the summer and have less points than last season. 

The playing side will be affected with this project they are undertaking. 

You could argue that they peaked when us, hibs and in particular rangers were missing and with money now going to off the field projects they will struggle to continue thier consistency. 

I could be wrong ofc. 

Take the last 5 years of the clubs 

Aberdeen, 2nd now 3rd. 

Several finals/ sf one lc 

One manager 

No funds directed to infrastructure. 

We, on the other hand

Championship, 3rd,6th, 6th. 

Funded our  infrustructure 

3 managers. 

This season lc sf and sc at least final. 

If we win the sc, you could argue we've been more successful in what we've achieved. 

Not only that, going forward we can Concentrate on the football side now while one of our rivals funds a massive project. 

For comparison, if we'd kept Neilson ( look at his league record over the 3 seasons) and Diverted all funds to the footballing side, where do you think we'd be? 

Probably better off but have a old, falling down stand. 

We do need to get results tho, as the future is OK, but we do need some tangible reward now and next season. 

A sc win would ofc provide that. 

Along with ourselves Aberdeen were hit badly with injuries and questionable suspensions which most definitely had an affect on their results this season. Disregarding that and Aberdeen are finishing were they should be given the financial resources they possess. They reached a cup final and were kicked out in the Scottish cup semi by Celtic (a club whose financial resources trump the rest of the league). Celtic were also aided by some shocking referring decisions in both the SC semi and League Cup Final against Aberdeen. A fate I fear we'll suffer in our upcoming final against Celtic. We may have reached the the Scottish Cup final but we were incredibly fortunate to be drawn against non SPL opponents which has given a deceptive view of our achievements this season.

Due to the condition of our main stand Budge had no other option but renovate and the small increase in the capacity of our stadium was justified given the increase in support since our entry into administration. Irrespective of whomever took control of our club they'd have been forced into a similar scenario. As it happens she was in charge of overseeing the construction and expansion of the new stand and there have been a number of farcical issues with the new stand. Even if Neilson had remained in charge I highly doubt we'd have finished above Aberdeen and The Rangers and things would not have been different. What ever happened to our 5 year plans to win the league? 

Aberdeen are staying with he times by improving not only their infrastructure but seeking investment from abroad and creating youth development ties within America. Its no coincidence that since Milne took over in 1998 Aberdeen have underachieved massively until the appointment of McInnes. Of course the exclusion of Rangers, Hibs, Dundee Utd and of course ourselves has benefitted Aberdeen in their revival but it did happen - it provided them the opportunity to remerge as the main force outside the Old Firm once again. 

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Especially for you. It would reduce your opportunities to be snide.

You are the King of snide.

You are picking up the Australian way very well.

That Aberdeen team is the worst i’ve seen since my first Hearts Aberdeen game in 1958.  It just shows you the depth of the standard of football the SPL 

has reached. That team we put out last night were running about headless chickens with no system, style or end product so so much for Levein’s idea of having the youths right up to the first team playing to the same system. Oh wait a minute, maybe that was the way Levein and his Bootroom are teaching our youths and reserves to play so they can emulate the way our first team plays. Remember if we have players that can’t play to a decent standard they get moved on and the same should be happening to our Management team because what we witnessed for the last 5 months is incompetence which is harming our players and the good name of our club.

Edited by mitch41

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

The overall cost for the planned phases is 50 million, including training facilities. Aberdeen don't have all that money and will need to find it, even if they've got the 10 needed to start the training facility. 

They can say they plan an indoor complex in the future but it's not in phase 1, 2 or 3 of their 50 millions worth of plans so straight away their facilities are lacking in the cold north east winter compared to ours, and going to cost 50 million plus whatever that is. 

If they are indeed getting all of this, on budget, with someone else paying for it,  then good luck to them. Seems pretty unrealistic to me though and I don't see how we'd emulate it. 

@Gorillajam 

They were 6million short to finish the training facilities they have Zero for the stadium build yet. They have contacts through the microsoft lad and hope to get investment from US but so far don’t. That may trickle in now due to legal challenges finishing but it is not going to cover the whole £40million you realise that relies on someone investing around £25million with no return? The rest will be from sale of Pittodrie. That is the £50million does not increase and what is the likelihood of that? No project is delivered on budget. 

Build an indoor facility? Can you link that? I know they were talking about covering their training facilities in the fields but that was after they had the facilities built and stadium (a stadium which is already a massive risk for the club as the infrastructure isnt there for it to be where it is and a more apathetic fan base than ours , even with a modicum of success they rarely come close to selling out pittodrie) 

Read your second post and  many of the points are just not accurate but unless you are up here and know a lot of Aberdeen fans and others within their system you wouldn’t know so fair enough.

Edited by sadj

Bad Religion
56 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

That Aberdeen team is the worst i’ve seen since my first Hearts Aberdeen game in 1958.  It just shows you the depth of the standard of football the SPL 

has reached. That team we put out last night were running about headless chickens with no system, style or end product so so much for Levein’s idea of having the youths right up to the first team playing to the same system. Oh wait a minute, maybe that was the way Levein and his Bootroom are teaching our youths and reserves to play so they can emulate the way our first team plays. Remember if we have players that can’t play to a decent standard they get moved on and the same should be happening to our Management team because what we witnessed for the last 5 months is incompetence which is harming our players and the good name of our club.

Two words. 

Gary Locke

We are accepting being a mid table team with nothing to play for in the league for 3 seasons in a row now... not good enough

Gorillajam
16 minutes ago, sadj said:

@Gorillajam 

They were 6million short to finish the training facilities they have Zero for the stadium build yet. They have contacts through the microsoft lad and hope to get investment from US but so far don’t. That may trickle in now due to legal challenges finishing but it is not going to cover the whole £40million you realise that relies on someone investing around £25million with no return? The rest will be from sale of Pittodrie. That is the £50million does not increase and what is the likelihood of that? No project is delivered on budget. 

Build an indoor facility? Can you link that? I know they were talking about covering their training facilities in the fields but that was after they had the facilities built and stadium (a stadium which is already a massive risk for the club as the infrastructure isnt there for it to be where it is and a more apathetic fan base than ours , even with a modicum of success they rarely come close to selling out pittodrie) 

Read your second post and  many of the points are just not accurate but unless you are up here and know a lot of Aberdeen fans and others within their system you wouldn’t know so fair enough.

I've done a quick google search which confirms the training facilities have been paid for. Phase 1 will be complete by September 2019. I've also included an article which confirms their playing budget will be unaffected. Only this week I read that it will in fact be increased slightly from last season. They released an interview with McInnes and Milne on RedTV (January 2018) discussing the training facilities and the future development for a indoor football complex. Now that they have the full go ahead for construction of the Stadium and training facilities I suspect they will announce further investors related to the project in the near future. The sale of Pittodrie would net Aberdeen 18 to 20 million and they may potentially receive a substantial figure for the in demand McKenna and Ferguson - all of which would be put towards the stadium. I agree that Aberdeen fans are a fickle bunch but they certainly have the fan base (they brought 43,000 fans to 2014 league cup final).  Their attendances have averaged at around 15,775 this past season and a new stadium would initially bring about a full house for the first season or so. Just read that on Wednesday they plan to announce big news regarding there marketing campaigns in which they hope to attract more fans to attend matches. They have re-established themselves in recent years and are a club back on the up. They plan to be a top 100 European club within the next 10 years.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/us-businessman-crotty-joins-aberdeen-board-1-3-million-investment1/

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/1560708/aberdeen-fc-receives-1m-funding-boost-to-build-training-and-community-sports-facilities-at-new-kingsford-stadium/

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stewart-milne-reassures-aberdeen-fans-14086367

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/stadium-to-net-18m/

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/stewart-milne-vows-increase-aberdeen-14581663

1 minute ago, Gorillajam said:

I've done a quick google search which confirms the training facilities have been paid for. Phase 1 will be complete by September 2019. I've also included an article which confirms their playing budget will be unaffected. Only this week I read that it will in fact be increased slightly from last season. They released an interview with McInnes and Milne on RedTV (January 2018) discussing the training facilities and the future development for a indoor football complex. Now that they have the full go ahead for construction of the Stadium and training facilities I suspect they will announce further investors related to the project in the near future. The sale of Pittodrie would net Aberdeen 18 to 20 million and they may potentially receive a substantial figure for the in demand McKenna and Ferguson - all of which would be put towards the stadium. I agree that Aberdeen fans are a fickle bunch but they certainly have the fan base (they brought 43,000 fans to 2014 league cup final).  Their attendances have averaged at around 15,775 this past season and a new stadium would initially bring about a full house for the first season or so. Just read that on Wednesday they plan to announce big news regarding there marketing campaigns in which they hope to attract more fans to attend matches. They have re-established themselves in recent years and are a club back on the up. They plan to be a top 100 European club within the next 10 years.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/us-businessman-crotty-joins-aberdeen-board-1-3-million-investment1/

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/1560708/aberdeen-fc-receives-1m-funding-boost-to-build-training-and-community-sports-facilities-at-new-kingsford-stadium/

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stewart-milne-reassures-aberdeen-fans-14086367

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/stewart-milne-vows-increase-aberdeen-14581663

Away out with the mrs but very quickly im not arguing the funding isnt in place for the first part. Phase I but thats just the facility. Milne os notorious for bullshitting the fanbase similarly to King. obvs dont believe everything in the papers thing but its not all as black and white as that. There is a lot to be done to even try and get the funding in place. Up here the mood is very different and the reality is there for most of their fans both in regards to product on the park , future and the new stadium and its location isolation and lack of infrastructure

13 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

I thought Clare was awful tonight mate. 

Totally agree. Didn't look in the slightest bit bothered

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Gorillajam said:

Aye, soon they'll have training facilities with no indoor pitches, but there's still millions to be found to complete their plans. A fair few more of these million pound contributions are needed, and that's assuming everything stays on budget. A 50% overspend like we're seeing could wipe them out. 

Re the indoor facilities, not only are they not costed or planned in phases 1, 2 or 3, Aberdeen haven't even applied for planning permission for them yet, that's how close that is to happening.

J.T.F.Robertson

We were clueless and lacked even a modicum of quality.

I'm trying to make allowances for the fact it was a makeshift lineup, but even at "full strength" we've shown all season that not much changes. How is it possible to have signed the amount of pure shite we've done over the past few years?

Craig is alleged to have said we need 4 new additions. I think if you throw a "1" in front of the 4, then chuck in "half decent", for good measure, you'd be closer to the truth.

9 hours ago, luckydug said:

Hats off to all you guys who made the trip up north last night.

You have every right to be pissed off with what's being served up as football.

This current situation reminds me of the later stages of Joe Jordan's time at Hearts. Fans in meltdown and players trying their best to get him the sack by not trying a leg.

It's really sad to see but sadly we need a fresh start at least on the first team front.

Levein needs to step aside and take his bootroom with him. This set up is not equipped to take us forward. It’s almost like he’s playing moneyball with our squad and  needlessly wasting what precious funds we have. He’s  deluded if he thinks he ‘only’ needs 4 players. Last year it was ‘we need 16 new players’. No Craig we don’t. We need quality players and that’s something bar one or two, that we are sadly lacking.  He can’t keep rebuilding every transfer window. It’s fine getting players in but we can’t shift the ones we’ve  already signed. It’s not like we need a large squad for an assault on the the Europa league to justify having a large squad of mainly duds that he’s directly responsible for. Budge needs to act now and listen to opinion. If she genuinely had the playing teams best interests at heart she’d stand levein and his merry men down. The scouting department needs overhauled and our present incumbent needs to face a a firing squad. Where is the due diligence that should be invoked when scouting future signings? I’ve totally had my fill of inept signings masquerading as Hearts football players.

Great to see Aaron Hickey making his first team debut. In the right hands, he’ll be a star in the making.  

Naturally I’ll be there on the 25th but deep down I think it’ll be disastrous. We have no leaders on the park and our midfielders is woeful. Good to see Berra back to something like his old self though. A sad indictment of our signings is that Bobby Burns has more goals than wighton and vanacek and Burns was loaned out for half  the season. 

Finally at pittodrie last night. I couldn’t help marvel that their beach end stand has a full row of corporate boxes that split the bottom stand from the top with picture windows facing the pitch. The ground is a shithole but at least their chief architect has the foresight to include this. Our stand was rushed through far too quickly without  due consideration to the fans that week in week out will be using it. Clydesdale was well past his sell by date and there should’ve been more architects in the mix with more than one design being touted before a winning bid was accepted. I fear too much of our money has been wasted and I already know that one kiosk/kitchen has already been totally demolished within  the stand and it’s contents are lying underneath the stand until it’s decided what to do with it. A blatant misuse of funds to go hand in hand with our blatant misuse of funds on the playing squad.