Are Liverpool fans more intelligent than Hearts fans?

Jammy T

A few weeks of their manager being undermined

The suggestion of debt increasing to refinance their owners

And already they seem on the button about wanting things to change

Discuss :)

Zali Cinnamon

They're not intelligent by any means but they've at least got the balls to do something about it. As would most sets of fans in our situation.

I was going to post something similar when I saw the thread on their protest songs the other night. It seems to me that we're very, very tolerant indeed. I reckon most other supports would have organised protests by now if faced with the shambles we've been through in the last two-and-a-half years.

Much as I would love us to do something similar I think if they got rid of them from Liverpool there would be a Q a mile long waiting to buy in. We on the other hand have no such option cos if Vlad walks we dont have another "Saviour" brutal but I think that is what stops wholesale rebelion at our club i.e the fear of it getting worse and that Vlad holds the purse strings. In short hes got us by the baws

What does this have to do with intelligence?

If singing protest songs, waving placards, throwing black balloons onto the pitch or even forming an organisation was likely to have any effect, we would have done it by now.

Face up to the facts: Romanov has our balls in a vice which has, sadly but understandably, reduced many Hearts fans to subservient apologists.

What does this have to do with intelligence?

Simply trying to "provoke" debate

Nonetheless we've allowed the shambles unfold, they are trying to nip it in the bud at the start

Simply trying to "provoke" debate

Nonetheless we've allowed the shambles unfold, they are trying to nip it in the bud at the start

Liverpool fans will not have the same fear that their club will go down the toilet, as said above if the current owners were forced out folk would be queuing up to invest.

Nevertheless the level of grovelling/arse kissing towards Romanov from a certain section of Hearts fans has been embarassing.

Liverpool are successful, the fans know this and want more. As pointed out if the current lot got ousted they'd be snapped up straight after.

Hearts aren't and would not have that queue, plus we have unmanageable debt, sad facts but true.

I do believe we should've been out and doing more months back, most think Vlad will come good. Seems 1st Feb is the final, final, final deadline.

Let's hope he makes it.

I don't think intellect comes into the equation to be honest. However, when it comes to fierce loyalty and support of a football club, very few are as passionate as Liverpool fans.

First off, they have the same power as us to effect change, i.e none. For all their moaning it looks increasingly likely that Gillete and Hicks are strengthening their grip on the club.

Secondly, half them are appealing to get Dubai International in as saviours, so the words Fire and Frying Pan spring to mind.

Thirdly, the refinancing isn't the main thing for most of them. They're worried about managerial change. They love Benitez, mostly, but as soon as he's replaced they'll move on after a few weeks like Chelsea fans have with Mourinho, a much better manager than Benitez, if they get results.

Man Utd fans were the only ones who I would say were immediately opposed to their new owners, and yet Old Trafford is still full every week.

Win on the park, and the board can pretty much do what they want, and that's true of any club.

Guest JamboRobbo

I think Liverpool have fans who expect and demand success.

I think quite a large percentage of Hearts fans are so used to failure, and so used to having the **** ripped out of them by the owners, that they think this sort of situation is normal.

I think Liverpool have fans who expect and demand success.

I think quite a large percentage of Hearts fans are so used to failure, and so used to having the **** ripped out of them by the owners, that they think this sort of situation is normal.

I think that is absolutely spot on.

Although the level of **** being ripped out of them at the moment has hit an all time high.

Liverpool fans will not have the same fear that their club will go down the toilet, as said above if the current owners were forced out folk would be queuing up to invest.

Agreed.

*faints.

The People's Chimp

Nevertheless the level of grovelling/arse kissing towards Romanov from a certain section of Hearts fans has been embarassing.

Certainly from some on here, especially last season, the apologists and revisionists should hang their heads in shame, instead they're revelling in their new found doom and gloom oppositionist stance.

Yeh i think all the liverpool fans portest etc are spurred on by

this Dubai mob that is floating about

I reckon if we had a so called white knight wanting to buy us you would see protest at tynie

The last time I checked Liverpool had a manager. Big difference that.

gorgie rd eh11
A few weeks of their manager being undermined

The suggestion of debt increasing to refinance their owners

And already they seem on the button about wanting things to change

Discuss :)

Hearts fans have protested as much as any fans in the past. The difference here is forcing our owners out shuts us down. Do you think if we had a rich arab wanting to invest in the club there would be nobody on the "button".

Liverpool fans more intelligent than Hearts fans?

Two SLIGHTLY different scenarios involved in the clubs having the current owners I'd say.

Have a read at this and let me know if you think Liverpool fans are intelligent based on the Yanks Out, Arabs In debacle

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/01/23/prospectors_for_gold_leave_liv.html

Yeh i think all the liverpool fans portest etc are spurred on by this Dubai mob that is floating about

I reckon if we had a so called white knight wanting to buy us you would see protest at tynie

Exactamundo.

Anything else is like turkeys voting for xmas.

Dunk-Section G

A case of foreign owners not quite understanding the context of British football.

Our anguish is a lot more self-inflicted though.

Their new owners never promised to keep them at their spiritual home and their fans seem reasonably happy to move to another ground.

We, on the other hand made it clear that moving from Tynecastle was not an option and when he came in and promised that we were staying he was a messiah. From then he held us in the palm of his hand with the carrot of staying put when a new development elsewhere may have been more cost effective.

Moving on from that he has regarded us as a bunch of mugs who he could treat as he wanted, try and manage a fantasy football team and make money personally from Kaunas loan players.

The liverpool board have not been in place very long and our protests should have started when Burley was fired.The fact that we accepted his reasons for doing that without question further underlined his power over us and he has abused it ever since.

First off, they have the same power as us to effect change, i.e none. For all their moaning it looks increasingly likely that Gillete and Hicks are strengthening their grip on the club.

Secondly, half them are appealing to get Dubai International in as saviours, so the words Fire and Frying Pan spring to mind.

Thirdly, the refinancing isn't the main thing for most of them. They're worried about managerial change. They love Benitez, mostly, but as soon as he's replaced they'll move on after a few weeks like Chelsea fans have with Mourinho, a much better manager than Benitez, if they get results.

Man Utd fans were the only ones who I would say were immediately opposed to their new owners, and yet Old Trafford is still full every week.

Win on the park, and the board can pretty much do what they want, and that's true of any club.

So far Man United appear to be absolutely flourishing under the new owners.

They seem to be ready to extend the stadium again.

They seem to have a two way trust with Alex Ferguson.

They have spent a lot of money on a number of fantastic young talents.

They have been willing to front up the cash to keep the likes of Ronaldo - rather than raking in the money from the clubs who would be desperate to get him.

Archived