European Elections

AlimOzturk

Pans Jambo
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The ego and air of superiority around the SNP is staggering.  They simply love everything more than anyone else.  They love kids more, immigration more, minorities more, education more, healthcare more, Scotland more, the environment more…it is relentless.

Lovers not haters i8. Peace not war ?

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• i8hibsh

• Boris

• AlphonseCapone

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Lovers not haters i8. Peace not war ?

If only,  Scottish Nationalists hate absolutely anything and everyone that thinks differently or dare I say it , get in there way.

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

If only,  Scottish Nationalists hate absolutely anything and everyone that thinks differently or dare I say it , get in there way.

That's a bit like saying all British Nationalists go out and stab and shoot Labour MP's.  But hey, your rules.

1 minute ago, Boris said:

That's a bit like saying all British Nationalists go out and stab and shoot Labour MP's.  But hey, your rules.

Scottish Nationalists in general are some of the most intolerant bigoted people I have ever known of.

Edited by i8hibsh

58 minutes ago, Boris said:

Uh-hu.

Anyway, Farage and his bullshit...any thoughts?

Obviously remoaners think Farage is a BS merchant. The don't bother me with the facts my mind is made up brigade.  

40 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Scottish Nationalists in general are some of the most intolerant bigoted people I have ever known of.

All You Need is Sturge my friend. She'll do your thinking for you. 

Just now, JackLadd said:

Obviously remoaners think Farage is a BS merchant. The don't bother me with the facts my mind is made up brigade.  

That's as may be, but do you want to answer the question?  Nige has thrown a few whoppers in his time, or at best, been guilty of misinformation.  

1 minute ago, Boris said:

That's as may be, but do you want to answer the question?  Nige has thrown a few whoppers in his time, or at best, been guilty of misinformation.  

Any as as big as wull keep the pound and oil @ $130 a barrel?

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

And we huv wind.

AlimOzturk
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

There is a in element of the SNP I detest this uber nationalism does nobody any good. It is actually embarrassing at times. 

24 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

That's not a lie though.  An indy Scotland could keep the pound, and the price of oil is volatile, the figures given were based on that price.  Is anyone daft enough to think it would remain constant?  I guess we would still be in the Commonwealth and so have currency stabilisation?  That's what Ireland wanted to do, wasn't it?  According to you on another thread at least...

Lame attempt at deflection.

We are talking about your messiah Farage here and the European elections.  I'll take your reluctance, or inability, to answer the question as you conceding the point.

6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

There is a in element of the SNP I detest this uber nationalism does nobody any good. It is actually embarrassing at times. 

I'm being unfair as I was in Hamburg recently and met a few and ending up having a good drink with them.  They wanted absolute independence which means they were fully anti EU membership too.

I actually respect that.

32 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I'm being unfair as I was in Hamburg recently and met a few and ending up having a good drink with them.  They wanted absolute independence which means they were fully anti EU membership too.

I actually respect that.

Yep, I can respect that view also. Add in a republic and you might sway me despite the economic hardship and tumult.

Some n

40 minutes ago, Boris said:

That's not a lie though.  An indy Scotland could keep the pound, and the price of oil is volatile, the figures given were based on that price.  Is anyone daft enough to think it would remain constant?  I guess we would still be in the Commonwealth and so have currency stabilisation?  That's what Ireland wanted to do, wasn't it?  According to you on another thread at least...

Lame attempt at deflection.

We are talking about your messiah Farage here and the European elections.  I'll take your reluctance, or inability, to answer the question as you conceding the point.

Eh, Salmond was just $60 to $80 a barrel out on his white paper cash flow projection. Fantasy figures are okay with you though. And wise up, even the SNP have admitted they are not keeping the pound. You are holding onto BS even they have given up on.  

Edited by JackLadd

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Yep, I can respect that view also. Add in a republic and you might sway me despite the economic hardship and tumult.

Some n

Eh, Salmond was just $60 to $80 a barrel out on his white paper cash flow projection. Fantasy figures are okay with you though. And wise up, even the SNP have admitted they are not keeping the pound. You are holding onto BS even they have given up on.  

Jeez, wasn't me that brought this stuff into it that was you.  I was merely pointing out that the oil value was a projection, therefore couldn't be a lie!  And the pound thing, back in 2014 we could have kept the pound, so again no lie.  Why you want to mention stuff happening now regards this, I'm not sure.  I'm not holding on to anything, truth be told.  Just wanting you to answer the question, but all you are doing is deflecting with attempted whataboutery.  And, for the record, whilst i voted Yes in 2014 it wasn't swayed one way or the other by the white paper.  So what Salmond claimed or not was, to me, irrelevant. 

But this is about Farage and his lies so, care to answer the initial question?  Or can't you?  Or don't you want to?

5 minutes ago, Morph said:

Never thought i'd see a political party criticised for loving their country ''too much''.

It seems to be only ok when it is them though.  Anyone else dares to put their country first and carry out the wishes of it's people is branded far right fascists by the far left.

Scottish Nationalism is the only type that is acceptable to a Scottish Nationalist.

Edited by i8hibsh

1 hour ago, Boris said:

I guess we would still be in the Commonwealth and so have currency stabilisation?  That's what Ireland wanted to do, wasn't it?  According to you on another thread at least...

Apologies @JackLadd wasn't you.  Looks like I've purveyed fake news!

Stephen Muddie

It seems to be only ok when it is them though.  Anyone else dares to put their country first and carry out the wishes of it's people is branded far right fascists by the far left.

Scottish Nationalism is the only type that is acceptable to a Scottish Nationalist.

It's a fair point. We must surely have all noticed the hypocrisy reeking from the pores of Sturgeon's disciples. Look at Hungary and the way the EU power base are treating them.

What's the point of the European elections? It's a good question, seeing as MEPs have little power and are accountable to the unelected and irremovable European Commission.

In this case, the point for me was that the UK electorate voted Out 3 years ago and we are still in. I voted Brexit Party for this reason. France, Denmark, Greece, Ireland, Netherlands and now ourselves have had democratic decisions over-ruled. If we can be the ones to break the fluffy veneer of the undemocratic EU, I'll feel immensely proud. If you bother to check out ground level news from other States within the Country, you'll see that, whether we are the first or not, there is trouble ahead for Brussels.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Not sure I agree with that i8. 

I think the difference is for some people nationalism means being a more exclusive society and others more inclusive.  I think it’s too simple to say all forms of nationalism are good or bad.  You can support Britain leaving the EU and at the same time want Scotland to be part of the UK and vice versa. 

1 hour ago, Morph said:

Not sure I agree with that i8. 

I think the difference is for some people nationalism means being a more exclusive society and others more inclusive.  I think it’s too simple to say all forms of nationalism are good or bad.  You can support Britain leaving the EU and at the same time want Scotland to be part of the UK and vice versa. 

The word 'inclusive' is viewed very differently by the left, oh that is for sure.

Roxy Hearts
10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Have you ever seen Rangers fans or heard them. Right up your lovely britnat street. 

Edited by Roxy Hearts

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Have you ever seen Rangers fans or heard them. Right up your lovely britnat street. 

Supporting the snp or EU just to get it up the bigot Sevco horde is not rational. Tempting as it is.

15 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Better tell George Galloway quick. 

Is that the same George who used Losing EU membership against independence, during a live STV(It's on YouTube) debate with Jim Sillars.

Forgive me if I don't take him at his word.

15 hours ago, Boris said:

Uh-hu.

Anyway, Farage and his bullshit...any thoughts?

Any thoughts? :touche:

13 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Britnats can GTF. 

16 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Lost track on big George.  Where does he stand on Brexit?

We agree on some issues but generally we are quite far apart (apart from wanting to remain in the UK)

Hopefully brexit will be stopped, then you'll know how I feel. Scots voted for independence, but along with your non Scots in the Scottish electorate, you stopped it. I wonder how Nige would have felt, if EU citizens were allowed to vote and by doing so, stopped brexit. But hey, typical Britnatzi hypocrisy.

Karma's a bitch.

Edited by ri Alban

6 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

oh ffs

57 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Hopefully brexit will be stopped, then you'll know how I feel. Scots voted for independence, but along with your non Scots in the Scottish electorate, you stopped it. I wonder how Nige would have felt, if EU citizens were allowed to vote and by doing so, stopped brexit. But hey, typical Britnatzi hypocrisy.

Karma's a bitch.

Has there been any democratic outcomes you have accepted? Trump? No vote? Leave vote? Conservative governments?

14 hours ago, Stephen Muddie said:

It's a fair point. We must surely have all noticed the hypocrisy reeking from the pores of Sturgeon's disciples. Look at Hungary and the way the EU power base are treating them.

What's the point of the European elections? It's a good question, seeing as MEPs have little power and are accountable to the unelected and irremovable European Commission.

In this case, the point for me was that the UK electorate voted Out 3 years ago and we are still in. I voted Brexit Party for this reason. France, Denmark, Greece, Ireland, Netherlands and now ourselves have had democratic decisions over-ruled. If we can be the ones to break the fluffy veneer of the undemocratic EU, I'll feel immensely proud. If you bother to check out ground level news from other States within the Country, you'll see that, whether we are the first or not, there is trouble ahead for Brussels.

Hungary - EU trying to stop the fash?

European commission is made up of commissioners appointed by the governments that make up the eu. So they are accountable as the government who appoints them is.

Democratic decisions over ruled. Over ruled by whom? By the people after a democratic decision.

To me it's not about leaving the eu, but staying in and reforming it. Take it back a notch or two to simply being about trade, more eec.

Has there been any democratic outcomes you have accepted? Trump? No vote? Leave vote? Conservative governments?

Yes, Ann Budge. You?

Oh right, did the UK not already vote for the EU, back in the 70s. You know, seeing as I can't fight for change. Oh and why is it only Brexiters who get to decide brexit. 

And Trump actually had the least votes, Scots voted Yes and Remain, plus, no one up here votes Tory,  only Unionist,  which is fine, but Conservative, na, no one would admit to that in person, unless... Dressed up and goose stepping thro Larkhall.

Edited by ri Alban

Trump? That's for the Americans, but it doesn't stop me thinking he's an arsehole.

Leave? I can take it or leave it, but if it brings forward independence quicker, I'll use it.

Tories? Filth

No vote? I'll never accept this Thief, never. But I'm less angry and looking forward to it happening in the next decade.

Greatness is achieved by obsession and it only takes one chance in a million to achieve this greatness.

Edited by ri Alban

Stephen Muddie
4 hours ago, Boris said:

Hungary - EU trying to stop the fash?

European commission is made up of commissioners appointed by the governments that make up the eu. So they are accountable as the government who appoints them is.

Democratic decisions over ruled. Over ruled by whom? By the people after a democratic decision.

To me it's not about leaving the eu, but staying in and reforming it. Take it back a notch or two to simply being about trade, more eec.

Not worthy of a response. Sorry

Stephen Muddie
On 24/05/2019 at 13:11, i8hibsh said:

Obviously never been on an Independence march, a very wide range of nationalities, religions and beliefs on parade. All tolerated and welcomed.

While there are extremists it's hardly "in general" surely the most bigoted people are in actual fact the bigots, predominantly found on the unionist/right wing close our borders side ?

11 minutes ago, Marriott said:

Obviously never been on an Independence march, a very wide range of nationalities, religions and beliefs on parade. All tolerated and welcomed.

While there are extremists it's hardly "in general" surely the most bigoted people are in actual fact the bigots, predominantly found on the unionist/right wing close our borders side ?

I would not be tolerated on one of their marches. Either would anyone who does not support their 'cause'  

Not sure I hear your point chief.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I would not be tolerated on one of their marches. Either would anyone who does not support their 'cause'  

Not sure I hear your point chief.

Why would an anti indy chap be tolerated on an Indy march ?  Have you ever seen a priest marching down the road with a flute band ?

And I'm sure you hear my point very well, it's simply that on the whole Scot Nats are very welcoming and inclusive as the broad church of support shows, the bigoted and intolerant are closer to your side ...

27 minutes ago, Marriott said:

Why would an anti indy chap be tolerated on an Indy march ?  Have you ever seen a priest marching down the road with a flute band ?

And I'm sure you hear my point very well, it's simply that on the whole Scot Nats are very welcoming and inclusive as the broad church of support shows, the bigoted and intolerant are closer to your side ...

I repeat, Scottish Nationalists are 100% intolerant of any Scot who does not support their cause.  The Scottish government are the same. 

The fact they vote in unison to 100% of everything infront of them proves this. The SNP are there to represent constituents. Their constituencies or NO constituency on the planet agrees in unison. So why does the SNP always act and vote on the SNP ideology in unison? 

Scotland as a majority voted to stay in the EU. The outcome was not a landslide so many Scots DO NOT WANT to remain in the EU. Why does the SNP in absolute no way represent them?

Stephen Muddie
10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I repeat, Scottish Nationalists are 100% intolerant of any Scot who does not support their cause.  The Scottish government are the same. 

The fact they vote in unison to 100% of everything infront of them proves this. The SNP are there to represent constituents. Their constituencies or NO constituency on the planet agrees in unison. So why does the SNP always act and vote on the SNP ideology in unison? 

Scotland as a majority voted to stay in the EU. The outcome was not a landslide so many Scots DO NOT WANT to remain in the EU. Why does the SNP in absolute no way represent them?

35% of their own voters, and many of their own MPs, are feeling the same.

Think they're committing political suicide myself. Time will tell. They've lost my vote forever. I say that as a pro-Scottish independence person.

Here are the differing definitions of bigotry, by the way (it has nothing to do with religion or nationality in fundamental basis) So, i8 you are right: Many in the SNP are indeed bigots. In fact, you could argue that many JKB posters make a habit of bigotry.

Oxford:

bigotry
/ˈbɪɡətri/
noun
noun: bigotry; plural noun: bigotries
  1. intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself.
    "the difficulties of combating prejudice and bigotry"

Cambridge:

bigotry

noun [ U ]
uk /ˈbɪɡ.ə.tri/ us /ˈbɪɡ.ə.tri/ disapproving

the fact of having and expressing strong, unreasonable beliefs and disliking other people who have different beliefs or a different way of life:

religious/racial bigotry

Merriam-Webster:

bigot

noun
big·ot | \ ˈbi-gət
\

Definition of bigot

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance
Edited by Stephen Muddie

On 24/05/2019 at 13:02, i8hibsh said:

This is just wrong. What I've never understood is why there is not one union party that genuinely cares about Scotland. Genuinely . (And wales)

Someone charismatic to come along and say right everyone let's really work together and have a conscious push to make us believe it.

UK politics couldn't be further from that!

14 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

This is just wrong. What I've never understood is why there is not one union party that genuinely cares about Scotland. Genuinely . (And wales)

Someone charismatic to come along and say right everyone let's really work together and have a conscious push to make us believe it.

UK politics couldn't be further from that!

The fact that the Tories have their own Scottish party proves they do.  It seems to me the demands are not for the Union to represent Scotland more but infact to have Scotland as a priority. This is an unfair demand. It is a Union and cares about people in the union not the country. The biggest myth the SNP pedal is London rule and London centric. We are not ruled BY London we are ruled IN London with Scotland represented proportionally to England, Wales and NI. London is OBVIOUSLY the place for the parliamemt, where else would it be? Hawick? Elgin?

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

The fact that the Tories have their own Scottish party proves they do.  It seems to me the demands are not for the Union to represent Scotland more but infact to have Scotland as a priority. This is an unfair demand. It is a Union and cares about people in the union not the country. The biggest myth the SNP pedal is London rule and London centric. We are not ruled BY London we are ruled IN London with Scotland represented proportionally to England, Wales and NI. London is OBVIOUSLY the place for the parliamemt, where else would it be? Hawick? Elgin?

I don't even know where to start with that. You think say Mundell shows a genuine fight for Scotland and has us well represented? You can't seriously believe that.

Or the blatant contempt shown to Scotland in Westminster. I won't go into specifics there are scores of examples.

1 minute ago, Alan_R said:

I don't even know where to start with that. You think say Mundell shows a genuine fight for Scotland and has us well represented? You can't seriously believe that.

Or the blatant contempt shown to Scotland in Westminster. I won't go into specifics there are scores of examples.

Want some sauce for the giant sized chip on your shoulder?

The Mighty Thor

This thread has followed the inevitable path as many others. 

A platform for a small number of posters to entrench on positions founded on nonsense and then bleat about intolerance and bigotry. 

Its a distillation of modern society where limited intelligence and internet access makes one a world authority on absolutely everything. 

Desperate stuff. 

AlphonseCapone

The last page has been an absolute car crash. 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

Stephen Muddie
2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

The last page has been an absolute car crash. 

This page started off so promisingly, right enough.

I think it's funny how nobody can counter facts with anything but ridicule nowadays. Democracy is dead. Time to deal with it. Hint: you're not dealing with it very well.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

AlphonseCapone
6 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

This page started off so promisingly, right enough.

I think it's funny how nobody can counter facts with anything but ridicule nowadays. Democracy is dead. Time to deal with it. Hint: you're not dealing with it very well.

? 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

50.2% turnout in Edinburgh. That was more than I was expecting. Edinburgh is also collating all the Scottish votes so they’ll be making the final announcements tomorrow. Kind of wish I’d booked on to work it now. 

AlphonseCapone
19 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

50.2% turnout in Edinburgh. That was more than I was expecting. Edinburgh is also collating all the Scottish votes so they’ll be making the final announcements tomorrow. Kind of wish I’d booked on to work it now. 

Will this be tomorrow as in early hours of the morning or tomorrow proper? I'm off tomorrow so trying to decide if it'll be worthwhile staying up to watch results come in.