European Elections

AlimOzturk

AlimOzturk

Put my X into the SNP box today. Not that it makes a slight bit if difference.  

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• i8hibsh

• Boris

• AlphonseCapone

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CavySlaveJambo

So really most of the news today will be #dogsatpollingstations or at least it should be. But the most of it will be registered voters being denied their votes. 

1 hour ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

So really most of the news today will be #dogsatpollingstations or at least it should be. But the most of it will be registered voters being denied their votes. 

I normally take my wee dug along but voted at 7am this morning so he missed out. 

Just done my bit for the Brexit party after watching the Arabs vs Midden game. Told the SNP wife at the door I was a Farage radge!  

Jambof3tornado

Didnt bother. Expect the main parties to get battered coz they cant sort brexit out one way or the other!!

51 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Just done my bit for the Brexit party after watching the Arabs vs Midden game. Told the SNP wife at the door I was a Farage radge!  

Odd thing to admit.

Shanks said no

Voted with my wife and son - why? - it gave me an opportunity to visit my primary school 42 years later and regale them with the same tales of childhood that I do every single time

- a pig escaped from the piggery next door and ran about that part of the playground - tick

- I did my cycling proficiency test there - tick

- I split my head open there - tick

- this was the gym hall, feels much smaller now - tick

etc

etc

etc

then took a detour down my old street and entertained them again. They want a postal vote next time

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

The grammar and the voting choice suggests a radge without a doubt.

4 hours ago, Cheile said:

Oooh get you Lord Snooty.

30 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Oooh get you Lord Snooty.

Voting leave and No is mair of an indication of radgeness. Voting for Nigel Farage, well there's another hunner words to describe that.

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, Cheile said:

And that makes you, what? 

Voting now is becoming more about making a political statement than something one just does.

No shock, but the Brexit Party got my 'X'. Never in a month of Sundays would I have voted in a European election before but this was me saying 'I made my choice 3 years ago, we won, now **** off and honour it'.

7 hours ago, Cheile said:

Both of which are important to you because?

The SNP really do still think that leaving the EU means we are leaving Europe

:facepalm:

Edited by i8hibsh

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

The SNP really do still think that leaving the EU means we are leaving Europe

:facepalm:

:jj_facepalm:Youve a cheek facepalming anyone. Voting No , then Leave, and then BNP.

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:jj_facepalm:Youve a cheek facepalming anyone. Voting No , then Leave, and then BNP.

BNP?

Never in my life have I voted them.

Any particular reason why you would make this up?

Edited by i8hibsh

You do know the difference between the continent Europe and the political Union within it with 28 of the countries yeah?

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

BNP?

Never in my life have I voted them.

Any particular reason why you would make this up?

The brexit party, are the BNP. Fact!

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You do know the difference between the continent Europe and the political Union within it with 28 of the countries yeah?

No, you Better hurry up and tell us. Einstein.

On 02/05/2019 at 22:17, Notts1874 said:

Im fully behind these elections for this reason alone.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_D5k-7w3XkAAA7_O.jpg

What happened, did I8 get over excited when he seen his hero.

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You seem alright aussie but **** me I struggle with the concept of you being on the level most of the time.

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You seem alright aussie but **** me I struggle with the concept of you being on the level most of the time.

:notsure:

49 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Voting now is becoming more about making a political statement than something one just does.

If casting a vote isn't a political statement, then I don't know what is!

47 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Both of which are important to you because?

@Cheile is not into the Alt-write?

Voting for the Brexit Party falls a long way short of being a "political statement".     Why?    Because they don't have any policies.     It is a choice to be unrepresented.       

37 minutes ago, Boris said:

If casting a vote isn't a political statement, then I don't know what is!

Oh Boris, everything is a political statement nowadays. Back in the day it was left centre and right. Now there are more angles than a compass. It is ALL about identity politics, what label we are given now identifies us. Yet the MSM and folk like aussieh continue to pedal the 'right wing' nonsense when classifying leavers. When in reality it is about 50/50. So many good hardened lefties voted Brexit, Trump etc. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
32 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Voting for the Brexit Party falls a long way short of being a "political statement".     Why?    Because they don't have any policies.     It is a choice to be unrepresented.       

Not strictly true. A lot of them want the child sex laws relaxed. 

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Oh Boris, everything is a political statement nowadays.

We are political animals, i8.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Back in the day it was left centre and right. Now there are more angles than a compass. It is ALL about identity politics, what label we are given now identifies us. Yet the MSM and folk like aussieh continue to pedal the 'right wing' nonsense when classifying leavers. When in reality it is about 50/50. So many good hardened lefties voted Brexit, Trump etc. 

Source? :wink:

As for left, right and centre, yes we did, now everything is centre, right, more right.

Identity politics?  You can label me what you wish, but it will not dictate how I cast my vote.  Surely it isn't about what label we are given, rather what identity we wish to take for ourselves?

The likes of Trump, Farage etc are not interested in their base, they are only interested in power.  By exploiting the void in current politics, and playing on basic tropes, fomenting discontent, deflecting the real reasons for assumed white working class disengagement, they are able to be successful.  Don't expect any form of dividend from them though.  They don't care.

Ron Burgundy

I didn't vote yesterday, first time I can remember that I didn't bother.

I have decided to just chuck milkshakes at folk instead.

Adam Murray
10 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I didn't vote yesterday, first time I can remember that I didn't bother.

I have decided to just chuck milkshakes at folk instead.

Seems to be the way to go these day's, apparently it's all good fun though.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05/23/army-veteran-attacked-milkshake-outside-polling-station-wearing/

Edited by Adam Murray

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Tbf most people that refer to leaving Europe probably do understand the difference. It's just lazy language really. 

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Tbf most people that refer to leaving Europe probably do understand the difference. It's just lazy language really. 

Outside my polling station yesterday was an SNP board.

"Scotland for Europe"

Where do these ***** get off? Who is not 'for' Europe.  I love Europe, like absolutely love it.  

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Adam Murray said:

Seems to be the way to go these day's, apparently it's all good fun though.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05/23/army-veteran-attacked-milkshake-outside-polling-station-wearing/

I enjoy a milkshake but now I worry if I buy one folk will assume I'm the sorta person that chucks it at folk and also that the prices will soar with all this "activism" #milkshakegate

I'm not a Nigel Farage fan by any stretch but I preferred the old style of beating people with stronger arguments. I do think most of these milkshakers do it because they aren't capable of winning through rational arguments. Which is a reflection on them, not the strength of Farage's arguments. 

The ego and air of superiority around the SNP is staggering.  They simply love everything more than anyone else.  They love kids more, immigration more, minorities more, education more, healthcare more, Scotland more, the environment more…it is relentless.

AlphonseCapone
Just now, i8hibsh said:

The ego and air of superiority around the SNP is staggering.  They simply love everything more than anyone else.  They love kids more, immigration more, minorities more, education more, healthcare more, Scotland more, the environment more…it is relentless.

Not Britain.... 

3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Not Britain.... 

True dat

Or working hard

Edited by i8hibsh

AlphonseCapone
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Outside my polling station yesterday was an SNP board.

"Scotland for Europe"

Where do these ***** get off? Who is not 'for' Europe.  I love Europe, like absolutely love it.  

You know i8, that statement has probably went through extensive testing with focus groups and other opinion polls along with a few others and that one was likely the most successful with potential voters. Slogans aren't just decided by people in a party, they are treated the same as other advertising. So, the statement might be slightly inaccurate, it might piss you off, but that's been balanced against its likely success with a larger group of people. 

8 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I enjoy a milkshake but now I worry if I buy one folk will assume I'm the sorta person that chucks it at folk and also that the prices will soar with all this "activism" #milkshakegate

I'm not a Nigel Farage fan by any stretch but I preferred the old style of beating people with stronger arguments. I do think most of these milkshakers do it because they aren't capable of winning through rational arguments. Which is a reflection on them, not the strength of Farage's arguments. 

I agree generally, but likes of Farage don’t have an argument. They just lie and shout loudest, and that gets taken as fact.

AlphonseCapone
12 minutes ago, Boris said:

I agree generally, but likes of Farage don’t have an argument. They just lie and shout loudest, and that gets taken as fact.

Aye unfortunately that tends to be the way of things now doesn't it. Perception trumps (excuse the pun) reality. 

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Just maybe he knows more than you. Have you considered that?

The Beatles All You Need is Love should really have been All You Need is SNP.

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Better tell George Galloway quick. 

4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Just maybe he knows more than you. Have you considered that?

He may well do, but when asked to show his working, it's invariably wrong.  I'm not talking about his point of view, we all can have one of them.

But try to back that up with facts, and he falls short.  He sells his opinion as fact, which is just wrong.

All you need is love i8.

Just now, Boris said:

He may well do, but when asked to show his working, it's invariably wrong.  I'm not talking about his point of view, we all can have one of them.

But try to back that up with facts, and he falls short.  He sells his opinion as fact, which is just wrong.

I can hear the Beatles All You Need is Sturge playing in the background.

12 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Better tell George Galloway quick. 

Lost track on big George.  Where does he stand on Brexit?

We agree on some issues but generally we are quite far apart (apart from wanting to remain in the UK)

9 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Nicola would be too busy listening to the demands and concerns of one non EU resident living in deepest darkest Orkney to listen to anything else.

8 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Uh-hu.

Anyway, Farage and his bullshit...any thoughts?