Cup Final Dot Count

mainstandjambo

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Difficult to suggest otherwise that these last 300 tickets are heading anywhere else other than non Hearts fans. 

Even someone with 20 LP is surely only handing on to a non Hearts pal. 

1 LP.

Perhaps tomorrow they should close this and distribute via Big Hearts. 

Painful conclusion to the sales. 

Not quite....I know of Jambos who whilst they dont go to many games, are still Jambos and want to go to the final, but still dont have a ticket....it should open up to folk with 20 plus points to fill their boots and tickets will find their way to the correct folk....bizarre situation we find ourself in and the clubs very own making re tickets....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Jambo-Fox

• luckydug

• Clerry Jambo

4 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Not quite....I know of Jambos who whilst they dont go to many games, are still Jambos and want to go to the final, but still dont have a ticket....it should open up to folk with 20 plus points to fill their boots and tickets will find their way to the correct folk....bizarre situation we find ourself in and the clubs very own making re tickets....

They don't need to go to many games to get a ticket, 1 in the last 2 years would do it.

Devorgilla
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

They don't need to go to many games to get a ticket, 1 in the last 2 years would do it.

They don't even need to do that, they just need to know someone who has on their network an account with at least one point in someone's name.

scott herbertson

If someone else has been buying their tickets without them having an account for those occasional games then there won't be a ticket available for either of them?

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Not what I was saying. N Lincs had a good example of how a real new Hearts fan may not have got one. It just appeared to me that it would now be difficult to shift them without changing the criteria, meaning there was as much chance as anyone getting one of the final 300 than a proper fan. Hard to explain admittedly for me :)

I'm sure they would have been sold well over a week past, but for the strict criteria, the extremely low amount left  then become difficult to distribute.

I'm finding it hard to believe there are still people buying them who have waited so long. Love to hear a story or 2. Cos I'm nosey!

I suppose there has to come a time when we run out of people with purchase history.

So while people myself included were complaining about semi final getting priority over -20 LP The club knew fairly accurately how many people qualified.

If we had wanted to look good and had tickets flying of the shelves we could just have had an open sale to anyone first come first served.

That wouldn't have been fair though.

Still think there might be more tickets to come though.

It doesn't feel like a cup final because of who we are playing.

2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

If someone else has been buying their tickets without them having an account for those occasional games then there won't be a ticket available for either of them?

I think people might have learned their lesson this time about making sure they have an account.  One of my uncles goes to games occasionally (even went to the semi) but had no account because other people would get him the tickets.  There are probably a few in the same boat although I doubt they go to many games in general.  I managed to get him a ticket but some probably haven't been so lucky although I don't think the numbers in that situation will be huge.

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

I think people might have learned their lesson this time about making sure they have an account.  One of my uncles goes to games occasionally (even went to the semi) but had no account because other people would get him the tickets.  There are probably a few in the same boat although I doubt they go to many games in general.  I managed to get him a ticket but some probably haven't been so lucky although I don't think the numbers in that situation will be huge.

i agree there wont be many but there will be a few, esp in families (eg neither of my teenagers nor my wife have accounts though they both occasionally go to games)

doctor jambo
12 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

i agree there wont be many but there will be a few, esp in families (eg neither of my teenagers nor my wife have accounts though they both occasionally go to games)

I fell victim to that - bought 40 tickets this year. Accrued 8 lp’s - wife and three kids got squat - luckily Derby ticks meant I had to set up an account for the wife, so got a final ticket through that

maroonsgotop

another 4 gone. 265 left. now there's not many left the part time counters like me can take part?

Pans Jambo
6 hours ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

i was only pointing out that all the moaning on here around ticketing arrangements etc i don't have any concerns just an observation.

?

Doctor FinnBarr

My daughter has had her own account for 6 years now but hasn't been to a game for 2 seasons meaning she has diddly-squat LPs, she fancies going now. What chance the TO selling a ticket to a long standing account?

I realise its most likely no

15 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

My daughter has had her own account for 6 years now but hasn't been to a game for 2 seasons meaning she has diddly-squat LPs, she fancies going now. What chance the TO selling a ticket to a long standing account?

No chance while they (quite rightly) sell tickets according to the loyalty point system, once they have finished flogging that horse they might open it up to everyone else on the database.

On a slightly related topic I've just read that the SFA don't release details of SC prize money.  Why?

Well the answer is probably revealed in the same article.  It stays that the 2017 winners received £60,000 and £114,000 overall.

That would suggest to me that they are too embarrased to publicise the prize money.

8 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I know it's only a few hundred, but sign of the times that they're not gone.

Final tickets are normally gold dust for Hearts fans

Certainly a dwindling fan base it's getting concerning

Pretty clear that we will sell out but the fact that it's Celtic and that they are overwhelming favourites will have put many off.

Even with our poor form if it was a club like Motherwell we would have sold out and be clamoring for more tickets imo.

maroonsgotop
14 minutes ago, Crete said:

tickets are slowly dwindling. 254 left. will be gone soon

Tams bird
1 hour ago, graygo said:

No chance while they (quite rightly) sell tickets according to the loyalty point system, once they have finished flogging that horse they might open it up to everyone else on the database.

Someone was in today, not asked for account.

Hairdryer
20 minutes ago, Crete said:

Maybe but we are going to sell out

3 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

An under 12 ticket for Aberdeen is £6 and is 5 loyalty points I'm sure? I just tried to do it on my account and I got to the payment page so it seems you don’t need an accompanying adult. If not, an over 65 is 19 and a under 18 is 10. Adult is 26. 

Doctor FinnBarr
Just now, Dayman said:

An under 12 ticket for Aberdeen is £6 and is 5 loyalty points I'm sure? I just tried to do it on my account and I got to the payment page so it seems you don’t need an accompanying adult. If not, an over 65 is 19 and a under 18 is 10. Adult is 26. 

Sorted now mate thanks to another poster, but thanks anyhow

2 hours ago, Crete said:

Have you any evidence to back up that claim ?

Fact is we have sold over 20k tickets without resorting to selling to the general public. 

Everyone has been restricted to one ticket and there have been none available for the typical cup final fan = grannies ,mum's and aunties etc.

How many account holders do you think we have ?

JamboGraham
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

On a slightly related topic I've just read that the SFA don't release details of SC prize money.  Why?

Well the answer is probably revealed in the same article.  It stays that the 2017 winners received £60,000 and £114,000 overall.

That would suggest to me that they are too embarrased to publicise the prize money.

Yes the actual prize money for the final is poor. The real pay day for the final comes from the gate, broadcasting share, stadium advertising, etc.

17 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Two Four Nine!

That adds to 15.  It's an omen.

38 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

That adds to 15.  It's an omen.

And 249 - 51 = 1(9)98!!!

Shanks said no

Year 249 BC

The Battle of Drepana involves the Romans, under the command of the Roman consuls, Publius Claudius Pulcher and Lucius Junius Pullus, attacking the Carthaginian fleet, under the command of Adherbal, in the harbour of Drepanum (modern Trapani, Sicily). The Romans are badly defeated and lose 93 of their 123 vessels.

so the Romans lose 4–1 roughly

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

Walter Burns
12 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I went down yesterday to get tickets...tried to use an account that hasn't purchased in 2 years ....refused use....was told new accounts had to be in use from before Semi final...luckily was able to use my son's account as he can't make final...

11 hours ago, Crete said:

You do read some nonsense on here but that takes the biscuit mate:rofl:

29 minutes ago, Walter Burns said:

I went down yesterday to get tickets...tried to use an account that hasn't purchased in 2 years ....refused use....was told new accounts had to be in use from before Semi final...luckily was able to use my son's account as he can't make final...

Can he not make the final becuase your now going? Lol

27 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

You do read some nonsense on here but that takes the biscuit mate:rofl:

Not half mate.

It's like some posters actually want us to fail.

This place could do with a spring clean.

Dot net posters everywhere. 

7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Not half mate.

It's like some posters actually want us to fail.

This place could do with a spring clean.

Dot net posters everywhere. 

This place is reeking of vermin.

We've sold the original allocated amount. We got further tickets from hampden which are moving nicely to hearts fans with purchase history.

The only people concerned by this are the tramps across the city.

4 minutes ago, jambodan1998 said:

A few tickets back on in C1 and C2 

I wonder where these tickets come from that randomly appear on etickets. 

Shanks said no

Year 228

The Battle of Jieting and the Battle of Shiting are fought in China.

29 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

I wonder where these tickets come from that randomly appear on etickets. 

They always keep a few tickets back in every section in case theres a problem with sold tickets,wrong stubs removed etc.

Skivingatwork
17 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Year 228

The Battle of Jieting and the Battle of Shiting are fought in China.

Otherwise known as a Levein team visiting Glasgow.

14 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

Otherwise known as a Levein team visiting Glasgow.

The stats are pretty grim.

First time as manager he had 17 visits to Glasgow against the old firm. 1 win, 1 draw and 15 defeats.

This time, 7 visits, 7 defeats !

Sorry, guys, carry on counting !

Shanks said no

Year 219

in Rome Emperor Elagabalus, age 15, is initiated into the worship of the Phrygian gods Cybele and Attis.

Pans Jambo
23 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Image result for 211The Stihl 211 petrol chain saw.

& why not?

Shanks said no

Year 211

Emperor Septimius Severus, having fallen ill, dies in Eboracum (modern-day York) while on campaign in Britain after an 18-year reign. He is later deified by the Senate. His sons Caracalla and Getasucceed him as joint Roman Emperors.

and then Geta is lured to come without his bodyguards to meet Caracalla, to discuss a possible reconciliation. When he arrives the Praetorian Guard murders him and he dies in the arms of his mother Julia Domna.

Eboracum (York) becomes the capital of Britannia Inferior, a northern province of the Roman Empire.