Cup Final Dot Count

mainstandjambo

14 hours ago, sassenach said:

I spent ages after the Semi, just queuing to get into Mount Florida.

My time is limited this time, especially if Celtic manage to take us to penalties. The latest train I can catch towards home from Queen Street is 7pm, so I'm going to play safe and walk via Cathcart Rd and Gorbals Street. Should only take about 40 minutes, I just hope any locals I come across are friendly.

I wouldn’t walk through the Gorbals if you’re wearing colours. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Jambo-Fox

• luckydug

• Clerry Jambo

Italian Lambretta
10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I wouldn’t walk through the Gorbals if you’re wearing colours. 

Absolutely beware of the modern Jimmy Boyles ?

SkabalaJam
48 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Year 362

Emperor Julian arrives at Antioch with an expeditionary force (60,000 men) and stays there for nine months to launch a campaign against the Persian Empire. He secures the co-operation with Arsaces, king of Armenia, who fights a bloody guerrilla war against the Persians.

I've missed the dot count ?

Wonder if the club will persist with the one ticket policy or if they will just punt the rest of the tickets to high LP holders.

Surely everyone who qualifies has now had a chance.

Not a usual dot counter but this is a dot count thread and had a bit of time this morning....this is tickets available that i can see being available

19 - A6 
8 - A7
8 - B1

206 - B2

75 - B3

14 - B4

3 - B5

13 - B6

Total  346 

N Lincs Jambo
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Wonder if the club will persist with the one ticket policy or if they will just punt the rest of the tickets to high LP holders.

Surely everyone who qualifies has now had a chance.

I would agree with that. Put them back on sale for 20LP holders and above just to shift the remaining tickets (no I don’t qualify but would hate to think there will be any unwashed in our end).

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Difficult to suggest otherwise that these last 300 tickets are heading anywhere else other than non Hearts fans. 

Even someone with 20 LP is surely only handing on to a non Hearts pal. 

1 LP.

Perhaps tomorrow they should close this and distribute via Big Hearts. 

Painful conclusion to the sales. 

The Treasurer
17 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Difficult to suggest otherwise that these last 300 tickets are heading anywhere else other than non Hearts fans. 

Not necessarily.

While these last few tickets might not go to regular attendees, they could still be someone from a Hearts background.

We still have over 2 weeks to go, so I wouldn't be giving away tickets just yet.

Clerry Jambo

I know it's only a few hundred, but sign of the times that they're not gone.

Final tickets are normally gold dust for Hearts fans

Fxxx the SPFL
6 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

quite embarrasing if we don't shift them all especially after all the gumbeating

N Lincs Jambo
4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I think it also shows that they have the balance pretty much right. Everyone deserving of a ticket will have one by now and it’s not like there’s a few thousand left.

People who will miss out will be ones like my daughter who attended the semi but doesn’t have her own account and purchase history. Unfortunately Hearts were strict about not allowing accounts to be created retrospectively which tbh I completely understand.

In an ideal world I’d be able to get her one but in all honesty there are far bigger Jambos out there. Was kind of hoping she would get the bug as she loved everything about the semi. I’ll know better for next year ?

Pans Jambo
3 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

quite embarrasing if we don't shift them all especially after all the gumbeating

Less than 350 & we still have over 2 weeks to go. 

Cant understand the concerns TBH

GorgieRules22

Probably best not to get your knickers in a twist with this one, there’s only 300 tickets left of over 20,000 allocated and still two and a half weeks to the game.

davemclaren
21 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Not necessarily.

While these last few tickets might not go to regular attendees, they could still be someone from a Hearts background.

We still have over 2 weeks to go, so I wouldn't be giving away tickets just yet.

Indeed. 

heartsfc_fan
21 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Only 1 ticket per account probably is the cause of this.

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Probably best not to get your knickers in a twist with this one, there’s only 300 tickets left of over 20,000 allocated and still two and a half weeks to the game.

It does seem a bit of an over reaction by some. 

Fort Vallance
3 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Absolutely beware of the modern Jimmy Boyles ?

Did Frankie Vaughan not sort everything out ?

Clerry Jambo
4 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

yip

40 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

1 LP.

Why would Hearts fans give tickets to Celtic fans ?

It's only dragged out because of the need to satisfy all the categories which they have done with accuracy. 

There will be loads of people with friends and relatives who would go for the day out. The usual cup final types if you like.

Would folk prefer it if the club just allowed a free for all and regulars missed out because of people buying loads of tickets to give to Mums,Dad's and aunties.

These folk are very welcome when supply isn't an issue but it was on this occasion so the club had to be strict even though it made it look as sales were dragging on.

I bet that if we got a further allocation we would sell them no bother by letting folk buy as many as they like.

kingantti1874
48 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

1 LP.

Not sure about that mate. If they allow s.t holders to buy more than 1 then they will all go to hearts fans

Shanks said no

Year 346 (bc)

in Greece The Peace of Philocrates is signed between Macedonia and Athens. The document agrees to a return to the status quo, but Philip II of Macedonkeeps the right to punish the Phocians for starting the Sacred War.

Absolute Scenes

Can we start picking up tickets from the office yet?

Sincere apologies if its already been covered, haven't seen anything

Shanks said no
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Yes

All roads lead to Gorgie
18 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

They would have been gone in less than a week to true Hearts fans if that wasn't the case. Most people at the semi were ST holders anyway! 

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

The Internet
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Just picked mine up ? seen a few of the players picking them up while I was there. 

Fxxx the SPFL
25 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Less than 350 & we still have over 2 weeks to go. 

Cant understand the concerns TBH

i was only pointing out that all the moaning on here around ticketing arrangements etc i don't have any concerns just an observation.

Its a shortage of supply, not demand. 

If by some miracle they suddenly had another 5K and they announced any +20 point holder could buy another 2, they would be gone in a day.

But there are less than 300 left, which I sggest at some point will be offered to +20 point holders first come first served.

No panic, and perfectly distributed

Forever Hearts
23 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Did Frankie Vaughan not sort everything out ?

That was Easterhoose. He never got round to sorting the Gorbals out. ?

Jambo-Fox
21 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Just picked mine up ? seen a few of the players picking them up while I was there. 

The players need a ticket to play in a cup final ........?!!!!!

Absolute Scenes
23 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Nice! Were they greeting people or just happened to be there?

27 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Yes

Thanks my man

Apologies if daft question - but when picking up tickets from ticket office do you need credit card you paid them with? Or can someone pick them up on your behalf if they have confirmation email and ref number?

6 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Apologies if daft question - but when picking up tickets from ticket office do you need credit card you paid them with? Or can someone pick them up on your behalf if they have confirmation email and ref number?

Dont think I need the card I used last time just the name and confirmation email was enough 

The Internet
21 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Nice! Were they greeting people or just happened to be there?

Just happened to be there. Looked like they'd come from training. 

23 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Reference number, name and address :thumbsup:

scott herbertson

287 Scotland rules the world

(well, Carausius, who one source has as as  Scottish prince, revolts and is installed as Caesar - there were two other Caesars kicking about). His hegemony covered Northern Gaul as well as all Britain ( a milestone with his name on it has been discovered in Carlisle. He was probably not Scottish though, more likely being a Belgian gaul....)

1 hour ago, ericb said:

Its a shortage of supply, not demand. 

If by some miracle they suddenly had another 5K and they announced any +20 point holder could buy another 2, they would be gone in a day.

But there are less than 300 left, which I sggest at some point will be offered to +20 point holders first come first served.

No panic, and perfectly distributed

Spot on but the people who are intent on negative vibes will not believe that.

We're struggling to sell out ?

I wonder how much the extra allocation was. I think 2012 the clubs ended up with about 23k each. So maybe even more to come.

2 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

I think it also shows that they have the balance pretty much right. Everyone deserving of a ticket will have one by now and it’s not like there’s a few thousand left.

People who will miss out will be ones like my daughter who attended the semi but doesn’t have her own account and purchase history. Unfortunately Hearts were strict about not allowing accounts to be created retrospectively which tbh I completely understand.

In an ideal world I’d be able to get her one but in all honesty there are far bigger Jambos out there. Was kind of hoping she would get the bug as she loved everything about the semi. I’ll know better for next year ?

May have a spare under 12's reference, are u able to pm

Independence
6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Spot on but the people who are intent on negative vibes will not believe that.

We're struggling to sell out ?

I wonder how much the extra allocation was. I think 2012 the clubs ended up with about 23k each. So maybe even more to come.

The only 'goons' who think we are struggling to sell out is H1b5 fans. Could someone upload a photo of the H1b5 fans dressed as seats during our semi-final with them a few years ago at Hampden. An appalling support from H1b5 that day that they should never be allowed to forget!!!!

Oh I all the dot counters come out now when it's down to 3 figures.  Where were they when we needed them to stop all the pant wetting.  ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

Why would Hearts fans give tickets to Celtic fans ?

It's only dragged out because of the need to satisfy all the categories which they have done with accuracy. 

There will be loads of people with friends and relatives who would go for the day out. The usual cup final types if you like.

Would folk prefer it if the club just allowed a free for all and regulars missed out because of people buying loads of tickets to give to Mums,Dad's and aunties.

These folk are very welcome when supply isn't an issue but it was on this occasion so the club had to be strict even though it made it look as sales were dragging on.

I bet that if we got a further allocation we would sell them no bother by letting folk buy as many as they like.

Not what I was saying. N Lincs had a good example of how a real new Hearts fan may not have got one. It just appeared to me that it would now be difficult to shift them without changing the criteria, meaning there was as much chance as anyone getting one of the final 300 than a proper fan. Hard to explain admittedly for me :)

I'm sure they would have been sold well over a week past, but for the strict criteria, the extremely low amount left  then become difficult to distribute.

I'm finding it hard to believe there are still people buying them who have waited so long. Love to hear a story or 2. Cos I'm nosey!

N Lincs Jambo
1 hour ago, maroon said:

May have a spare under 12's reference, are u able to pm

Hi Maroon, I have just sent you a PM.

doctor jambo

Could people not just buy a ticket for the Aberdeen game, thus entitling them to a final ticket?

or is that simplistic

N Lincs Jambo
5 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Could people not just buy a ticket for the Aberdeen game, thus entitling them to a final ticket?

or is that simplistic

I think that will only work if they already have an account but not totally sure.

We sold 160 yesterday and are set to sell 120 or so today; I predict they’ll all go without a 4th phase, as late deciders trickle in.

Allocation has been well-managed, imo

Forever Hearts
18 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

or is that simplistic

No and yes.