• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Jambo-Fox

• luckydug

• Clerry Jambo

Arthur Morgan

So did we sell out? Got some idiot on YouTube telling me it's a disgrace because we didn't sell our allocation, after I told them that Celtic are certainly not the best fans in the world! 

Independence
5 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

So did we sell out? Got some idiot on YouTube telling me it's a disgrace because we didn't sell our allocation, after I told them that Celtic are certainly not the best fans in the world! 

yes.

There was plenty seats available in a couple of sections near the front. Far too many to still insist it was a sell out. Even that lot got more than half of the South Stand Upper, time to accept that we couldn't sell/give away all our tickets.

IMG_20190527_022037.jpg

IMG_20190527_022705.jpg

Arthur Morgan
7 minutes ago, dannymack said:

There was plenty seats available in a couple of sections near the front. Far too many to still insist it was a sell out. Even that lot got more than half of the South Stand Upper, time to accept that we couldn't sell/give away all our tickets.

IMG_20190527_022037.jpg

IMG_20190527_022705.jpg

Erm.. In that second photo you have pointed out the segregated area which obviously would be empty. 

Pointless argument methinks. The 'drip, drip, drip' way that the tickets were being released/made available wasn't brilliant and probably made a certain number of empty seats inevitable. In reality there really were not many and the atmosphere emanating from the Hearts sections was brilliant so no harm done. Its not like there were swathes of areas with 'fans dressed as seats'.

6 hours ago, dannymack said:

IMG_20190527_022037.jpg

IMG_20190527_022705.jpg

I suspect the front row seats are due to people sitting/standing somewhere else, they are shit seats after all.

All roads lead to Gorgie
6 minutes ago, ericb said:

I suspect the front row seats are due to people sitting/standing somewhere else, they are shit seats after all.

There were plenty standing on the stares and extras squeezing into rows to join mates. Where I was in A6 anyway. 

6 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Erm.. In that second photo you have pointed out the segregated area which obviously would be empty. 

Errrm I've pointed out the fact that that lot got more than half of the South Stand Upper. 

6 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Pointless argument methinks. The 'drip, drip, drip' way that the tickets were being released/made available wasn't brilliant and probably made a certain number of empty seats inevitable. In reality there really were not many and the atmosphere emanating from the Hearts sections was brilliant so no harm done. Its not like there were swathes of areas with 'fans dressed as seats'.

Correct, we're only talking at the very most 100/150. 

been here before

Hoping to go down and collect my tickets today.

Anyone know what time the TO opens or what day they're doing pick ups?

maroonsgotop
1 hour ago, ericb said:

that was my take on it as they were definitely showing as sold. Maybe a lot of the 'young team' had bought them and just moved a few rows back to be with their mates?

People sitting in the front rows defo just moved up the sections. Could see loads of people standing on the stairs etc. 

Club did however handle the selling selling of the cup final tickets very badly, lessons learned going forward. 

8 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

that was my take on it as they were definitely showing as sold. Maybe a lot of the 'young team' had bought them and just moved a few rows back to be with their mates?

Probably this. It was a bit like this at the Fester derby at Xmas time. 

Fans were standing in 3’s at seats where the drumming and young team congregated. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A few seats around me in Q not taken either, 5 I my direct vicinity. Area was sold out, so who knows. Cup Final day people do get buckled and don't turn up.

50/50 split a bit of a joke, the photo clearly shows a much greater share for Celtic in South Upper, estimate 70/30 I would say.

Those debentures were a bad call, back in the day.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

People sitting in the front rows defo just moved up the sections. Could see loads of people standing on the stairs etc. 

Club did however handle the selling selling of the cup final tickets very badly, lessons learned going forward. 

How would you have handled it?

42 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

How would you have handled it?

More than one ticket per season ticket holder. Would’ve sold out. 

You think the club handled the selling of the tickets well? 

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

We did sell all the tickets we had available. A lot of the South Stand upper are debentures and plenty were clearly sold on to Celtic fans.

The seats at the front of the West stand behind the goals were not available for sale as it was the same in East stand.

The Celtic fans had flags covering the empty seats at the front so it wasn't as noticeable.

The attendance was 49,434 and the capacity is 51,866, so 2,432 lost to segregation and not selling the front rows directly behind the goals.

Arthur Morgan

Apparently we're a joke of a club for having empty seats :lol: I'm guessing this person I'm arguing with must be a Hibs fan, as they have been absolutely obsessed with us ever since 19th May 2012. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, dannymack said:

Errrm I've pointed out the fact that that lot got more than half of the South Stand Upper. 

As people have said, that's probably down to debentures. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Was a hard one to call.

How were you managing more than 1 ticket per season ticket holder with 21k tickets and 13k season ticket holders?

I know what you are saying but the allocation didn't really offer the opportunity to do that 

15 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

A few seats around me in Q not taken either, 5 I my direct vicinity. Area was sold out, so who knows. Cup Final day people do get buckled and don't turn up.

50/50 split a bit of a joke, the photo clearly shows a much greater share for Celtic in South Upper, estimate 70/30 I would say.

Those debentures were a bad call, back in the day.

Thank you 

johnking123
20 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Was sold out and we have far to many season ticket holders for give more than one per person. Its sfa give us the tickets,  all we do is sell them on.