Cup Final Dot Count

mainstandjambo

Pistol1874
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

A lot of experts on ticketing here I see :whistling:

Doesn't matter what they do, they upset someone

I’m not sure it takes much expertise to sell tickets using a loyalty point scheme set up expressly and specifically to manage priority sales for high demand football matches.

Start at a threshold where those above it can be accommodated from available tickets, give those people a chance to buy and then reduce the threshold gradually until the allocation is sold out. 

Everyone knows what points are allocated for as well as how many they have and no-one can reasonably complain when that system is used.

Instead, people who went to the semi-final were for some reason prioritised. Why not the Auchinleck Talbot game or any other arbitrary fixture? Then following that, we go from 20 points to 1 point. It’s bizarre.

If you have a system, it should be used unless and until you’ve alerted people to the change. 

Unless you have expert knowledge otherwise of course.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Jambo-Fox

• luckydug

• Clerry Jambo

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, Pistol1874 said:

I’m not sure it takes much expertise to sell tickets using a loyalty point scheme set up expressly and specifically to manage priority sales for high demand football matches.

Start at a threshold where those above it can be accommodated from available tickets, give those people a chance to buy and then reduce the threshold gradually until the allocation is sold out. 

Everyone knows what points are allocated for as well as how many they have and no-one can reasonably complain when that system is used.

Instead, people who went to the semi-final were for some reason prioritised. Why not the Auchinleck Talbot game or any other arbitrary fixture? Then following that, we go from 20 points to 1 point. It’s bizarre.

If you have a system, it should be used unless and until you’ve alerted people to the change. 

What has been shown is that anyone who has bought a ticket this year for any game can now get  a final ticket.

So regardless, it has been handled just fine

Pistol1874
19 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

What has been shown is that anyone who has bought a ticket this year for any game can now get  a final ticket.

What has been shown is that the club hasn’t used its own LP scheme properly and that most tickets award you LPs, but some(decided on an ad hoc basis) will give you future purchase priority outside the LP system too. 

If you were sat with 15-19 LPs but couldn’t make the semi-final, suddenly you’re behind the folk who went to the semi, but hadn’t been since the last final or grouped alongside limited numbers of supporters of other teams who’ve sat in the home end at Tynecastle just once.

Now, it may turn out to be academic this time, it may not, but there is a system in place, there was no time pressure, so it should’ve been used.

You’d have been equally happy, presumably, had they said you could buy 1 ticket for every 20 points you had?

Edited by Pistol1874

17 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Even if they are a Celtic fan ?

If the threshold is 10pts less chance of tickets falling in to the wrong hands.

21 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

If you have less than 20 points over 2 seasons then really you can't be expecting any form of priority.

1 minute ago, Super T said:

If you have less than 20 points over 2 seasons then really you can't be expecting any form of priority.

Although it should still be sorted in order of points

Quite a difference in games attended between 1pt and 19 pts.

Edited by luckydug

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Even if they are a Celtic fan ?

If the threshold is 10pts less chance of tickets falling in to the wrong hands.

If its Celtic fans who've put more money into the Tynie coffers than those who haven't then why not!

Pistol1874
1 minute ago, Super T said:

You can if there is a points system based on how often you go.

What has been shown is that the club hasn’t used its own LP scheme properly and that most tickets award you LPs, but some(decided on an ad hoc basis) will give you future purchase priority outside the LP system too. 

If you were sat with 15-19 LPs but couldn’t make the semi-final, suddenly you’re behind the folk who went to the semi, but hadn’t been since the last final or grouped alongside limited numbers of supporters of other teams who’ve sat in the home end at Tynecastle just once.

Now, it may turn out to be academic this time, it may not, but there is a system in place, there was no time pressure, so it should’ve been used.

You’d have been equally happy, presumably, had they said you could buy 1 ticket for every 20 points you had?

You’re preaching to the converted with me, bud, i’ve been banging on about this very nonsense for a while.

People might say it’s academic now but how were the club to know that when they announced the sales phases.

Either use the system or not. They’ve got away with it this time as we’re shite right now !

I wonder, if we were flying, would they have done that daft semi attend and get a ticket thingy !

Mmmm !

Pistol1874
Just now, Boab said:

You’re preaching to the converted with me, bud, i’ve been banging on about this very nonsense for a while.

People might say it’s academic now but how were the club to know that when they announced the sales phases.

Either use the system or not. They’ve got away with it this time as we’re shite right now !

I wonder, if we were flying, would they have done that daft semi attend and get a ticket thingy !

Mmmm !

Doesn’t even affect me, it’s just the principle! :D

You can if there is a points system based on how often you go.

Not at that level you can't expect it. Please tell me a couple of good business reasons why you would expect the club to spend resources administrating at such a low level for something like 5% of the ticket allocation.

Pistol1874
4 minutes ago, Super T said:

Not at that level you can't expect it. Please tell me a couple of good business reasons why you would expect the club to spend resources administrating at such a low level for something like 5% of the ticket allocation.

1) Because that’s how the system works and 2) I don’t think there’s much of an associated cost.

They’ve dictated 1 point, why bother? Just make it so long as you have an account.

1 game in 2 years or 0 games in two years. What’s the difference really?

Edited by Pistol1874

doctor jambo
12 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

Now that I have tickets, I'm not that fussed.

It could have been done better..... these things should be decided in advance of the season and fans made aware.

Though to be honest we KNOW that most will go to ST holders, THEN the 20 pointers , then from there its just how do you divvy up to the less frequents, which is less important TBH

3 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

Doesn’t even affect me, it’s just the principle! :D

Me neither.

Still a daft way to sell tickets, unless they were worried they wouldn’t !

?

1) Because that’s how the system works and 2) I don’t think there’s much of an associated cost.

They’ve dictated 1 point, why bother? Just make it so long as you have an account.

1 game in 2 years or 0 games in two years. What’s the difference really?

Try harder.

1) you're right, which is why this is the third tier of sales, those in criteria above twenty have had their opportunity.

You haven't however given a reason why there should be narrower bands below 20 than there were above.

2) If they didn't sell then there would be an associated cost for then having a 4th tier of sales, e.g. changing criteria rules on the ticketing system. Is that appropriate at this stage of sales?

I would imagine you're head exploding though had they offered to 0 points!

Pistol1874
3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Now that I have tickets, I'm not that fussed.

It could have been done better..... these things should be decided in advance of the season and fans made aware.

Though to be honest we KNOW that most will go to ST holders, THEN the 20 pointers , then from there its just how do you divvy up to the less frequents, which is less important TBH

In amongst the less frequents will be people for whom less frequent isn’t a choice, but is because it’s all they can afford or can get help to get to or whatever. There may not be thousands of them, but there will be some and that is important to me - I want every one of them to get their fair chance of being at the game ahead of someone who ordinarily chooses not to go but could. The LP system would do that used to its fullest.

Just now, dc-jambo said:

Any chance of a dot count on this for counting thread??

This. Plus whats the point in moaning about the loyalty points system now...we still have not sold all the tickets (sure we will over the coming week)! 

25 minutes ago, Super T said:

My loyalty points are a bit skewed as I used a pals ST a lot last season as she was away a lot with work. I’ve paid into around nine or ten this season which I reckon should be enough to get a ticket ahead of someone who has gone once in two years. 

Clerry Jambo

There are still hundreds left, would the club go back to s/t holders and give them the chance to purchase more tickets?

Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

There are still hundreds left, would the club go back to s/t holders and give them the chance to purchase more tickets?

They should now because many of us who have ST’s have bought tickets for mates and family who haven’t any loyalty points. 

I’d love to get the chance of 4 extra tickets for family and mates who are Jambos but can only make a few games per season.

Clerry Jambo
3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

They should now because many of us who have ST’s have bought tickets for mates and family who haven’t any loyalty points. 

I’d love to get the chance of 4 extra tickets for family and mates who are Jambos but can only make a few games per season.

I agree Mitch, better than having empty seats for a Cup final

16 minutes ago, Tazio said:

My loyalty points are a bit skewed as I used a pals ST a lot last season as she was away a lot with work. I’ve paid into around nine or ten this season which I reckon should be enough to get a ticket ahead of someone who has gone once in two years. 

And you've now got your chance to do so. So again I can't see a problem with the approach being taken here.

Jambo-Fox

It looks like the club have arranged the ticket sales near to perfection!

I think it’s highly likely that before the planned (and announced) phase 3 of sales they calculated how many accounts had between 1 and 19 points. I’m guessing that there are approximately 1,500 accounts (or less) in this category which means they can all buy a ticket!

Well done to the Hearts administration team!

PS for any remaining tickets, phase 4 of sales - anyone with an account in the last 5 years OR season ticket holders with a high number (80+) of loyalty points??

On a positive note a massive, massive  thank you goes to jambo,goodbye who very kindly helped me to get a ticket for the final for a young guy who would be at every hearts game if he could but hasn’t been able to because of illness.

Worth remembering at times that there are a lot of people who would follow the famous if they could, but can’t for a variety of reasons. 

Jambo, goodbye you have made a young guy very,very happy today, let’s hope the team can do the same on the 25th. 

Pistol1874
2 minutes ago, Super T said:

Try harder.

1) you're right, which is why this is the third tier of sales, those in criteria above twenty have had their opportunity.

You haven't however given a reason why there should be narrower bands below 20 than there were above.

2) If they didn't sell then there would be an associated cost for then having a 4th tier of sales, e.g. changing criteria rules on the ticketing system. Is that appropriate at this stage of sales?

I would imagine you're head exploding though had they offered to 0 points!

This will be my last reply to you, I far prefer politeness. 

The second tier wasn’t correct as it didn’t rely on a points total, but whether you went to one specific game. 

The costs of additional LP bands is negligible, even more so if you select the correct bands.

‘You’re head exploding’ doesn’t make sense.

Jambo-Fox

Count @ 15:45 Tuesday 7th May

P3 - 16

Q1 - 1

Q3 - 47

Q4 - 22

A6 - 81

A7 - 13

B1 - 34

B2 - 327

B4 - 18

B5 - 8

B6 - 42

Total remaining 690!!

If anyone needs an account to use, give me a PM.

I’ve got 2 accounts that aren’t being used for the final. 

mainstandjambo
58 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

Any chance of a dot count on this for counting thread??

I will do a full count later. At a rough estimate just now there are just under 700 left. More have become available in P3  

Edited by mainstandjambo
Jambo Fox has beaten me to it.

Jambo-Fox
1 minute ago, mainstandjambo said:

I will do a full count later. At a rough estimate just now there are just under 700 left. More have become available in P3  

What a perfect estimate!! 690 left!

Sorry for doing a count, I know you are the ‘dotmeister’, but I was just curious to see the current status, largely driven by all the unsubstantiated moans of unfairness of ticket allocation by loyalty point thresholds!

It all looks reasonably fair to me!

chester copperpot
4 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Sorry for doing a count, I know you are the ‘dotmeister’, but I was just curious to see the current status, largely driven by all the unsubstantiated moans of unfairness of ticket allocation by loyalty point thresholds!

As long as none of them get their mucky buckfast infested paws on them!

mainstandjambo
4 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Thanks for doing the count. I will do a further count tomorrow morning.

cookieboy
19 minutes ago, Zaba said:

pm sent

JamboGirl2210

Was in shop picking up final tickets less than 2hrs ago and guy said there is less that 1000 tickets left.

Shanks said no

Year 690

Wu Zetian ascends to the throne of the Tang Dynasty, and proclaims herself ruler of the Chinese Empire as "Holy and Divine Emperor". She becomes the first and only female "emperor" in 5,000 years of Chinese history. Wu Zetian changes the dynasty's name to the Zhou Dynasty, and begins to murder throne pretendants and ministers who try to oppose her. During her reign she elevates the status of Buddhism above Taoism.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

It looks like the club have arranged the ticket sales near to perfection!

I think it’s highly likely that before the planned (and announced) phase 3 of sales they calculated how many accounts had between 1 and 19 points. I’m guessing that there are approximately 1,500 accounts (or less) in this category which means they can all buy a ticket!

Well done to the Hearts administration team!

PS for any remaining tickets, phase 4 of sales - anyone with an account in the last 5 years OR season ticket holders with a high number (80+) of loyalty points??

In a round about way they got there in the end.

I still think 10 pts should be the minimum  . I would rather the remaining tickets were sold to high LP holders than folk who might be cheering for the other side.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Pistol1874 said:

I don't, why I'm not making out I do, unlike others. Easiest thing in the world to criticise without expert knowledge

17 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Year 690

Wu Zetian ascends to the throne of the Tang Dynasty, and proclaims herself ruler of the Chinese Empire as "Holy and Divine Emperor". She becomes the first and only female "emperor" in 5,000 years of Chinese history. Wu Zetian changes the dynasty's name to the Zhou Dynasty, and begins to murder throne pretendants and ministers who try to oppose her. During her reign she elevates the status of Buddhism above Taoism.

Yet another sign we will win the cup.

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, tamanov said:

On a positive note a massive, massive  thank you goes to jambo,goodbye who very kindly helped me to get a ticket for the final for a young guy who would be at every hearts game if he could but hasn’t been able to because of illness.

Worth remembering at times that there are a lot of people who would follow the famous if they could, but can’t for a variety of reasons. 

Jambo, goodbye you have made a young guy very,very happy today, let’s hope the team can do the same on the 25th. 

Good to hear the lad is getting to go to the final and great gesture by jambo goodbye.:jjyay:

1 hour ago, Zaba said:

Both used now, 2 more tickets shifted ??

On 06/05/2019 at 11:26, luckydug said:

No it doesn't. 

Sales are limited to people who qualify to purchase a ticket.

If it had been a public sale with tickets left over then you would have a point.

Tickets have been on public sale for a day and still hundreds left. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

600 roughly. 

Difficult now to do anything that is fair to everyone other than ballot the remainder to season ticket holders 

Club has allocated tickets almost perfectly 

Demand is weak - I know loads of Jambos who are not going - but supporters who want a ticket will get one, and every ticket will be sold

Club has handled sales well imo

7 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

Club has allocated tickets almost perfectly 

Demand is weak - I know loads of Jambos who are not going - but supporters who want a ticket will get one, and every ticket will be sold

Club has handled sales well imo

I think they have done it quite fairly, most regular to occasional fans have had an opportunity at some point to get a ticket.

6 hours ago, Zaba said:

Hi Zaba

are  any of your 2 accounts still available for my son please 

thanks

Just now, Marczero said:

Hi Zaba

are  any of your 2 accounts still available for my son please 

thanks

Sorry just read you have giving them out 

Anyone got a spare account  I could use for my son

He has an account but always works at the weekend so no points last 2 seasons as I have bought any tickets for him on my account  for mid week games 

8 minutes ago, Marczero said:

Anyone got a spare account  I could use for my son

He has an account but always works at the weekend so no points last 2 seasons as I have bought any tickets for him on my account  for mid week games 

Tried to pm you, is your inbox full?