Cup Final Dot Count

mainstandjambo

47 minutes ago, Spikey said:

The Gretna final still rankles with me. My dad, brother and myself were at about a dozen games that season, including semi. None of us had ST though. So with an allocation of over 30k Hearts handed the whole lot to ST holders to do as they pleased with and we missed out. Ridiculous.

Shame you never had any friends with season tickets.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Jambo-Fox

• luckydug

• Clerry Jambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Just put a tenner on Wighton to score the winner   ?

:rofl:

If you give me a free subscription, that's where I will put the cash!!!!

Edit: All proceeds back to JKB

Edited by Sir Gio

Shanks said no
3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Does that mean you can buy additional tickets as long as you have 1+ loyalty points?

Edit - don't think it does, fresh applicants for people under 20 but who didn't go to the semi

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

Robbo-Jambo

A bit off topic but does anyone think the club will put on a Gorgie Live at Tynecastle  on cup final day for fans who cant get a ticket or cant make it etc.

Jean Louis Valois

Have We really been given more tickets? Or have we struggled to sell out our allocation 

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Have We really been given more tickets? Or have we struggled to sell out our allocation 

It's probably overpriced corporate seats that didn't sell so have been reallocated and released for "normal" sale.

maroonsgotop
5 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

been given more tixs

7 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Think we were also going to get extra, as will Celtic.

Didn't us and Hibs end up with around 23,000 in 2012?

allystrachan

So did we sell out the original allocation? I hadn’t seen any announcements of ticket sales since after the first day. 

3 hours ago, 1953 said:

Gretna and Hibs ones didn't go to public sale, I know cos I didn't get one for either.

The Gretna final and also 96 and 98 final   ST holders and shareholders were allocated extra tickets for each category held.

I had extra tickets on each occasion which were quickly snapped up by friends and family.

This occasion is different because people are only allocated one ticket each and meet strict conditions.

The 2012 final everyone and their dog wanted to go to that one.

Didnt think I was getting the final off due to work commitments, but boss is a football fan and at weekend offered to cover for me though so managed to grab a ticket beside my mates before the loyalty threshold drops. I expect they'll sell a bit quicker now.

13 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

So did we sell out the original allocation? I hadn’t seen any announcements of ticket sales since after the first day. 

No. Just lowering points 

3 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

I agree with you but I cant ever remember our support being so despondent going into a Cup Final. Ive been at every Cup Final since 86 and everyone of them I felt we were going to win or at least had a great chance of winning.

We are in horrendous form. Our talisman who we are all praying is going to be fit hasnt even started running yet, never mind training. Our main striker off with a tight hamstring on Saturday. Our manager is clueless. Its all doom and gloom just now and I honestly believe that Celtic will destroy us on that big Hampden pitch.

My Day who is a die hard and who has been following Hearts since the early 60's is away on holiday for the final and cant make it. He would have usually be spewing at even the thought of missing a Cup Final but he is actually glad he is away and missing it. What does that tell you.

Make no mistake we are in this Cup Final because of a dream draw. 2 Championship teams, a junior side and Live at home. Doesnt get much better.

We need a miracle come the 25th of May and if one does happen then I will be there to witness it.

Well the only thing I can suggest is on Saturday morning get yourself a few drinks to get you into the mood.

Then get yourself into a pub near Hampden and have a good few drinks.

While your now in a happy mood just stay in the pub until Hearts are 3 goals up then call a taxi.

When you get to Hampden try and walk straight and don’t slaver in front of the police or stewards.

Now you just enjoy the rest of the game 5-1 will do and by the time Hearts have lifted the cup and  done the 

celebrations you’ll be ready to head back to Gorgie for the celebrations after buying the champers out of 

an Offy in Gorgie Road.

Have a nice day.

Dissapointed in the club's approach to the general sale.

Having been assured by Hearts that my extra semi ticket purchase would be credited to my daughter, who it was bought for, it was not; this despite me contacting the club about the issue.

I have 3 adult kids who all had STs until late teens.    Two of them now live abroad, one of them is coming home for the Final.  All three still have customer accounts but (rightly) have zero loyalty points.  That said, the one coming home for the final pays annually for Hearts TV and is a Foundation member.   

The club have decided that supporters who purchase in the general sale must have a minimum of 1 loyalty point, as opposed to simply having a customer account.  They also forbid anyone who has already bought one, buying a second.  These two decisions rule me (and I expect many others) out from making a purchase.

Now, I appreciate the need to be fair to all.  I also understand that whatever decisions are made - some will remain unhappy.   However, on the basis that those people with a customer reference number will almost certainly be Hearts fans, surely the club could have opened the general sale to anyone with a customer account.   

We're now in the position where someone who has earned 1 loyalty point over the past two years has priority over someone who pays nearly £200 pa towards Hearts, but has no loyalty points.

Hey ho.....where there's a will...

Pistol1874
13 minutes ago, John S said:

Having been assured by Hearts that my extra semi ticket purchase would be credited to my daughter, who it was bought for, it was not; this despite me contacting the club about the issue.

I have 3 adult kids who all had STs until late teens.    Two of them now live abroad, one of them is coming home for the Final.  All three still have customer accounts but (rightly) have zero loyalty points.  That said, the one coming home for the final pays annually for Hearts TV and is a Foundation member.   

The club have decided that supporters who purchase in the general sale must have a minimum of 1 loyalty point, as opposed to simply having a customer account.  They also forbid anyone who has already bought one, buying a second.  These two decisions rule me (and I expect many others) out from making a purchase.

Now, I appreciate the need to be fair to all.  I also understand that whatever decisions are made - some will remain unhappy.   However, on the basis that those people with a customer reference number will almost certainly be Hearts fans, surely the club could have opened the general sale to anyone with a customer account.   

We're now in the position where someone who has earned 1 loyalty point over the past two years has priority over someone who pays nearly £200 pa towards Hearts, but has no loyalty points.

I e-mailed the club when they asked us to and had an additional semi-final ticket correctly allocated. That notwithstanding, is it not the case that if you bought an adult and 2 under 12 tickets for Pittodrie (don’t think you can buy an U12 ticket) it would be around £30, but would give each of the 3 accounts 5 points from midnight tonight?

An option anyway.

Edited by Pistol1874

Mr Elwood P
14 minutes ago, John S said:

Somebody who’s been to 1+ games benefits over somebody who’s been to 0 games, seems fair. The requirement of 1 loyalty point is to prevent Celtic minded interlopers. Also the guy with 1+ loyalty points may pay £50 per month to FOH and have HeartsTV as he lives in New York, Belgium or even Uruguay!

Edited by Mr Elwood P

15 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Somebody who’s been to 1+ games benefits over somebody who’s been to 0 games, seems fair. The requirement of 1 loyalty point is to prevent Celtic minded interlopers. Also the guy with 1+ loyalty points may pay £50 per month to FOH and have HeartsTV as he lives in New York, Belgium or even Uruguay!

Yes, I agree with you - I doubt however that there are many with a customer account who are not Hearts fans, but your point is well made.

Mr Elwood P
18 minutes ago, John S said:

Yes, I agree with you - I doubt however that there are many with a customer account who are not Hearts fans, but your point is well made.

Get your kid to buy a child’s ticket for the Aberdeen game. It should add 5 LP before tomorrow.

36 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I lolllled way to much at anyone supporting us from there

21 minutes ago, John S said:

The way hearts have handled cup semi-finals and murrayfield league games means my daughters have not had any points added for a while, luckily they have 1 and 2 points respectively. On these occasions season ticket  holders could buy 2 or more tickets with the recipient not receiving any points for attending. Strange system as you say.

Tokyo Drifter
2 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

I think probably the second.

1 minute ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

10 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

If we were struggling to sell our allocation why would we restrict everyone to one ticket each ?

Shanks said no

So if you have a reference number but zero points can you buy an under 12 ticket (£6) for Pittodrie and do you get 5 loyalty points overnight ?

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

26 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

The way hearts have handled cup semi-finals and murrayfield league games means my daughters have not had any points added for a while, luckily they have 1 and 2 points respectively. On these occasions season ticket  holders could buy 2 or more tickets with the recipient not receiving any points for attending. Strange system as you say.

If only you had taken the time to allocate those tickets

soonbe110
6 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

So if you have a reference number but zero points can you buy an under 12 ticket (£6) for Pittodrie and do you get 5 loyalty points overnight ?

Normally that’s the way it works. Though I’m not sure you can buy an u12 without buying an adult to go with it. Just buy an adult ticket on the account in question.  

BelgeJambo
2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Why one LP?

I created an account for my grandson earlier in the year and have no LPs in it yet 

surely an existing account would have sufficed

Hey Ho. Never mind

joondalupjambo
14 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Why one LP?

I created an account for my grandson earlier in the year and have no LPs in it yet 

surely an existing account would have sufficed

Hey Ho. Never mind

Is it to stop non Hearts fans getting a ticket perhaps?

34 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Don't think you could do it for eg Celtic league cup semi. Season ticket holders could just buy 2 tickets each. Could be wrong , though it doesn't matter as daughters have 1 and 2 points each.

52 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

It was impossible to allocate the tickets to non-season ticket holders in the first phase of sales for both semis.  

Of course you could allocate the last semi tickets recently but would have been good to have it as an option straight away.  Would have saved some hassle for Hearts and fans.  Maybe they'll do it differently next time 

Edited by Stanley_

BelgeJambo
20 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Is it to stop non Hearts fans getting a ticket perhaps?

They did say you couldn’t open a new account but I have had this one since I signed my grandson up for Junior Jambos

One LP effectively means you've attended one game in the past two years. The remaining tickets won't last long IMO.

If anyone needs an account to buy a ticket they can use mine I have 3 loyalty points and can’t make the final. 

PM me for details 

Edited by campbell

queensferryjambo
3 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

A bit off topic but does anyone think the club will put on a Gorgie Live at Tynecastle  on cup final day for fans who cant get a ticket or cant make it etc.

I would doubt it as I would think the vast majority of Hearts employees will be at Hampden so nobody to run the Gorgie suite.

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I would doubt it as I would think the vast majority of Hearts employees will be at Hampden so nobody to run the Gorgie suite.

Aye that's true right enough

39 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Plus they will need to keep it free for the post match celebration party ? 

now got to the stage where people with zero loyalty points expect a cup final ticket :lol:  the sense of entitlement is real.

cookieboy
50 minutes ago, campbell said:

If anyone needs an account to buy a ticket they can use mine I have 3 loyalty points and can’t make the final. 

PM me for details 

PM sent