Cup Final Dot Count

mainstandjambo

Just now, andi17 said:

Only in Scotland the authorities moan about promoting the Scottish game and we have a stadium that could hold an extra 17 000 fans lying empty.

But we have to play it at Hamdump it's ra home of Scottish fitbaw it's a shithole Murryfield bigger ground more fans but at least another 8'500 fans f each team could be there .

Yea it makes great sense to play it at Hamdump to much vested interest by the blazers to give a shit about the fans.

Spot on.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Jambo-Fox

• luckydug

• Clerry Jambo

Hackney Hearts
8 minutes ago, andi17 said:

Murryfield bigger ground more fans

It's certainly going to be odd that in the same season, between the same teams, the semi-final of a far less prestigious competition will have a crowd 20% bigger than the showpiece final of the season.

1 hour ago, mscjambo said:

You make a very good point. Hampden is an awful stadium. It stinks of the old school SFA mafia of the west, paying a part time club millions to buy a wreck of a football stadium not fit for purpose.

The SFA are the biggest issue at all levels of our game. From the national team to player pathways and fan experiences.

Unfortunately it will never change...

Ah, but remember. The West are the football people of the country. 

Us through here are token football lovers who prefer rugby and wouldn’t have a clue how to run the game...

Lord Beni of Gorgie

One of the wonderful ironies 10000 Celtic fans denied by the need to keep Glasgow protected

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

One of the wonderful ironies 10000 Celtic fans denied by the need to keep Glasgow protected

Beautiful

A lot of angry thims online at the moment :rofl:  

peter_hmfc
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

:rofl::rofl:

:pleasing:

Wonder if there were many sales pre kickoff today.  Looked to be a queue forming afterwards...unless they were trying to get a refund.

Wonder if there were many sales pre kickoff today.  Looked to be a queue forming afterwards...unless they were trying to get a refund.

davemclaren
55 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

There was a queue when I went by. 

mainstandjambo

Latest count

A2 -  27

A5 -    1

A6 - 399

A7 -   54

B1 -   98

B2 - 488

B3 - 213

B4 -   40

B5 -   22

C3 -     2

C4 -     7

C 5 - 20

Total - 1371

Deans Jambo

Several seats now available in Q4 (south stand).

Very annoying, have Hearts held sections back? Were they available a week past Friday? I wanted to get north or south stand tickets but had to settle for behind the goals. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Going to guess supporter clubs returns hospitality returns and possibly even debentures returned Q4 especially for latter 2

44 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Going to guess supporter clubs returns hospitality returns and possibly even debentures returned Q4 especially for latter 2

The hospitality packages are such a rip off, I generally dont mind paying through the nose if its a one off type thing, but baulked at some of the prices on show...always thought the uplift wouldnt sell out as its Tic we are playing & how spineless we are under Levein...if it were anyone else I think the hospitality would prob sell out...good to see the tickets be made available outwith the robbery of the hospitality...

Looks like will be a general sale as still over 1000 tickets and more new seats getting added all the time from returned debentures

mainstandjambo

Count at 9.30

A2 -  21

A3 -     1

A6 - 371

A7 -   43

B1 -   97

B2 - 487

B3 - 210

B4 -   28

B5 -   21

B6 -   22

C3 -     2

C5 -   12

Q4 - 144

Total - 1459  

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

Heading for a public sale I think

Which says a lot about the state of things at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Which says a lot about the state of things at the moment.

No it doesn't. 

Sales are limited to people who qualify to purchase a ticket.

If it had been a public sale with tickets left over then you would have a point.

Clerry Jambo
Just now, luckydug said:

No it doesn't. 

If it had been a public sale with tickets left over then you would have a point.

Correct mate. Out of interest, haven't previous finals always went to general sale?

Jambo-Fox
1 hour ago, mainstandjambo said:

Count at 9.30

A2 -  21

A3 -     1

A6 - 371

A7 -   43

B1 -   97

B2 - 487

B3 - 210

B4 -   28

B5 -   21

B6 -   22

C3 -     2

C5 -   12

Q4 - 144

Total - 1459  

Interesting ... availability is increasing!

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

No it doesn't. 

I think it does though.  I know 2 ST holders that aren’t bothering to go.

Can’t believe how ridiculous our support is. It’s a cup final ffs. People hiding behind ‘we’re playing crap; CL’s crap; the team is crap’. Supporting your team is exactly that regardless what is going on. Get a grip guys and be there - whatever happens, happens. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Correct mate. Out of interest, haven't previous finals always went to general sale?

If you mean public sale, with 0 Loyalty Points, then no.

Jambo 4 Ever
21 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Can’t believe how ridiculous our support is. It’s a cup final ffs. People hiding behind ‘we’re playing crap; CL’s crap; the team is crap’. Supporting your team is exactly that regardless what is going on. Get a grip guys and be there - whatever happens, happens. 

And stay  til the end no matter what 

Edited by Jambo_in_Hamilton

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Says more about them actually. 

alwaysthereinspirit

Not going but could?

Or not going because cant?

I would imagine then there will be two season tickets available next season for someone if its the former.

Its the Scottish cup final. Its not like we get there every second or third year.

If you mean public sale, with 0 Loyalty Points, then no.

Surely the club will calculate how many punters fall into over 10pts and under 20pts category. 

I think they will try to get the tickets sold without the need to have people queuing at the TO.

The sales so far don't tell us anything.  We don't know how many eligible supporters there are at the moment.  I've already had people asking me for tickets who don't qualify to buy one yet.  Having a couple of mates who are season ticket holders but not going doesn't indicate anything about the overall support.

We will easily sell out if tickets are made available to all supporters.

Edited by Stanley_

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I cant imagine, however remote the chance of winning the thing, taking the chance of not being there when Hearts won the cup.

Either lame, bitter beyond words or cutting nose off to spite face, but that's a choice we all have. Suspect seeing Celtic beat us as they did in October is going to be hard for many to take, but that's football.

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I cant imagine, however remote the chance of winning the thing, taking the chance of not being there when Hearts won the cup.

Either lame, bitter beyond words or cutting nose off to spite face, but that's a choice we all have. Suspect seeing Celtic beat us as they did in October is going to be hard for many to take, but that's football.

I agree with you but I cant ever remember our support being so despondent going into a Cup Final. Ive been at every Cup Final since 86 and everyone of them I felt we were going to win or at least had a great chance of winning.

We are in horrendous form. Our talisman who we are all praying is going to be fit hasnt even started running yet, never mind training. Our main striker off with a tight hamstring on Saturday. Our manager is clueless. Its all doom and gloom just now and I honestly believe that Celtic will destroy us on that big Hampden pitch.

My Day who is a die hard and who has been following Hearts since the early 60's is away on holiday for the final and cant make it. He would have usually be spewing at even the thought of missing a Cup Final but he is actually glad he is away and missing it. What does that tell you.

Make no mistake we are in this Cup Final because of a dream draw. 2 Championship teams, a junior side and Live at home. Doesnt get much better.

We need a miracle come the 25th of May and if one does happen then I will be there to witness it.

Edited by Lambo85

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Gretna and Hibs ones didn't go to public sale, I know cos I didn't get one for either.

Just now, 1953 said:

Gretna and Hibs ones didn't go to public sale, I know cos I didn't get one for either.

And the Gretna one we had over 30 thousand supporters there.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

I agree with you but I cant ever remember our support being so despondent going into a Cup Final. Ive been at every Cup Final since 86 and everyone of them I felt we were going to win or at least had a great chance of winning.

We are in horrendous form. Our talisman who we are all praying is going to be fit hasnt even started running yet, never mind training. Our main striker off with a tight hamstring on Saturday. Our manager is clueless. Its all doom and gloom just now and I honestly believe that Celtic will destroy us on that big Hampden pitch.

My Day who is a die hard and who has been following Hearts since the early 60's is away on holiday for the final and cant make it. He would have usually be spewing at even the thought of missing a Cup Final but he is actually glad he is away and missing it. What does that tell you.

Make no mistake we are in this Cup Final because of a dream draw. 2 Championship teams, a junior side and Live at home. Doesnt get much better.

We need a miracle come the 25th of May and if one does happen then I will be there to witness it.

I'm trying to clutch some straws. Getting shots at goal may be hard enough let alone score.

Find it hard to disagree with any of your post. It is with feint hope we travel, but cup football has seen some turn ups over time. Celtic have not been great but still ahead of everyone by a good distance. Maybe they turn up without their A game and we play the game of our lives.

Still I don't see who is getting the goal.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, 1953 said:

More than 1 ticket per account if I remember rightly though

carnockjambo

Just been in the ticket office getting a few ticket problems solved. Thanks to girl in TO for her help.  Looking at what I saw only pockets of tickets left behind goals. All tickets in Q gone. I would say can’t be more than 1000 left if that. 

Edited by carnockjambo

mainstandjambo

Still around 1400 left. Main availability is in A6,  B2, B3 and Q4. Only around 220 left in remaining sections.  

Shanks said no
27 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

This

I met the criteria to get 4 but asked for 8 and got them

JamboGraham
18 minutes ago, smeed said:

Correct for tickets for Gretna, I got 12 tickets with my season ticket alone

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

This

I met the criteria to get 4 but asked for 8 and got them

Fair play for managing to grab 20 tickets between you but for me this vindicates the strict phasing and control limits being imposed by the club this time round...it might be a bit slower to manage the whole process but it does ensure that the tickets are offered for sale in a fairer manner.

29 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm trying to clutch some straws. Getting shots at goal may be hard enough let alone score.

Find it hard to disagree with any of your post. It is with feint hope we travel, but cup football has seen some turn ups over time. Celtic have not been great but still ahead of everyone by a good distance. Maybe they turn up without their A game and we play the game of our lives.

Still I don't see who is getting the goal.

Our only hope I felt is if Naismith got himself fit because as you know, we are a totally different team with him playing.

Hearing from our incompetent manager today that he has not even started running yet is like a slap in the face. I just hope that Uche is fit as the possibility of Craig Wighton starting the Cup Final scares me.

The way I see it now is that it will be a day out. I am looking forward to catching up with my mates and having a few beers before the game regardless of the result.

56 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Fair play for managing to grab 20 tickets between you but for me this vindicates the strict phasing and control limits being imposed by the club this time round...it might be a bit slower to manage the whole process but it does ensure that the tickets are offered for sale in a fairer manner.

The Gretna final still rankles with me. My dad, brother and myself were at about a dozen games that season, including semi. None of us had ST though. So with an allocation of over 30k Hearts handed the whole lot to ST holders to do as they pleased with and we missed out. Ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Spikey said:

The Gretna final still rankles with me. My dad, brother and myself were at about a dozen games that season, including semi. None of us had ST though. So with an allocation of over 30k Hearts handed the whole lot to ST holders to do as they pleased with and we missed out. Ridiculous.

Let it Go

13 years ago but you still want to moan..give it a rest

Smacks of a post just to have a moan and groan at the club for no real reason

The ticket sales 2019 so far have been handled well in terms of just who should get one

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Spikey said:

Desperate for the money asap. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I wasn't happy that for the Gretna final the club offered all ST holders (I wasn't one at that time) 3 tickets each and the vast majority must have taken them because there was no public sale. I came across a couple of jambos later on who had taken the 3 tickets and their rangers mates went along for the day out. My and my laddies were at the semi after 2 of them queued up for 6 hours to get tickets so I felt sure that we'd get them for the final seen as we got around 37/38000.

19 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Let it Go

13 years ago but you still want to moan..give it a rest

Smacks of a post just to have a moan and groan at the club for no real reason

The ticket sales 2019 so far have been handled well in terms of just who should get one

I thought I had let it go until reading about ST holders getting 8 or 12 tickets each, bringing it all back now, raging again!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

Our only hope I felt is if Naismith got himself fit because as you know, we are a totally different team with him playing.

Hearing from our incompetent manager today that he has not even started running yet is like a slap in the face. I just hope that Uche is fit as the possibility of Craig Wighton starting the Cup Final scares me.

The way I see it now is that it will be a day out. I am looking forward to catching up with my mates and having a few beers before the game regardless of the result.

I don't intend beating myself up over it. I wish I was going with genuine hope. Even if we did play to our very best, Celtic could still turn us over. May sound negative but we have to be realistic too.

Going for a day out, again wish I could criticise you, but it is by far the most sensible approach to this one.

If Wighton starts, that might just spoil the day for me. Possibly even more deflating than watching Naisy trudge off in the semi, bad enough, only to then realise our talisman was being replaced by the worst player in the first team squad. An honour I now believe is Wightons.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I don't intend beating myself up over it. I wish I was going with genuine hope. Even if we did play to our very best, Celtic could still turn us over. May sound negative but we have to be realistic too.

Going for a day out, again wish I could criticise you, but it is by far the most sensible approach to this one.

If Wighton starts, that might just spoil the day for me. Possibly even more deflating than watching Naisy trudge off in the semi, bad enough, only to then realise our talisman was being replaced by the worst player in the first team squad. An honour I now believe is Wightons.

Just put a tenner on Wighton to score the winner   ?