Cup Final Dot Count

mainstandjambo

cookieboy
6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think we will be fine mate. 18000 Hearts fans at the semi final, 17000 sold for the final so far. With 3000 left I just can't see over 1/6 of the semi final attendees not having 20LP.

When you put it like that ???

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Jambo-Fox

• luckydug

• Clerry Jambo

18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

If you take children it's fans of the future.

Getting something back occasionally is no big deal.

Meanwhile people complaining can support the club more and go to more games. 

I am not complaining I have a ST and already have my cup final ticket.

I am merely pointing out a loophole in the ticket application process.

Regards your final sentence , that is the point,  people who do not attend regularly are getting tickets ahead of more deserving fans simply because they have a friend who has a child ST holder that is not able to attend.

Clearly you are responding because of your own situation. 

Anyone with an open mind would understand my point.

Mikey1874
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

I am not complaining I have a ST and already have my cup final ticket.

I am merely pointing out a loophole in the ticket application process.

Regards your final sentence , that is the point,  people who do not attend regularly are getting tickets ahead of more deserving fans simply because they have a friend who has a child ST holder that is not able to attend.

Clearly you are responding because of your own situation. 

Anyone with an open mind would understand my point.

I'm supporting people getting adult tickets on child references because I am being flexible.

People should go to more games or accept they might miss out. 

Tynecastlesmychurch

Great to finally be in final again! Bout 3k left. The only shame in us selling out is then celtic cant moan about the world being against them and how its a conspiracy against their fans. Who are quite rightly gods chosen people. Not to be mistaken with gods other chosen peopell across that city. 

I forgot the point I was trying to make.

Ehh... Great sales so far guys lets sell this out and win this thing!!!

16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I've not missed the point, you think that it's unfair that a parent can allocate their childs ticket to an adult who you deem to be less deserving. My view is that the adult should be allowed the freedom to allocate to their child or their friend or another family member as they choose, considering an adult with two children, both with season tickets, puts an extra 50% into the club that extra option is fair enough. The adult could choose to allocate his ticket to another adult, a level of flexibility is important. A situation where a child can give up their final ticket to their aged grandpa for example is in keeping with the family ethos of our club.

The family ethos of the club is fine and good but nothing to do with the matter discussed. 

The tickets are sold for the parent to take his child to the games not his pals.

Me and my brother where at the semi and both have 12 LPs, I bought the tickets for final and assigned my brothers to his account number and my one to mines. This should surly mean I can log in on Friday and and buy me and my brother a final ticket?? 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, toonland said:

Me and my brother where at the semi and both have 12 LPs, I bought the tickets for final and assigned my brothers to his account number and my one to mines. This should surly mean I can log in on Friday and and buy me and my brother a final ticket?? 

Sounds like you're sorted then? 

If it was a typo and you meant semi then yes as long as you each have a semi final ticket allocated to your account you can purchase on Friday, subject to demand.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/cup-final-phase-2-sale-now-open

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Sounds like you're sorted then? 

If it was a typo and you meant semi then yes as long as you each have a semi final ticket allocated to your account you can purchase on Friday, subject to demand.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/cup-final-phase-2-sale-now-open

Yeah deffo a typo, meant semi. hope so. Bloody bugger with the LPs, both still play football on sats or we’d have season tickets. 

Mr Elwood P
8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The family ethos of the club is fine and good but nothing to do with the matter discussed. 

The tickets are sold for the parent to take his child to the games not his pals.

No, that is the system you believe to be fair. It is not the one currently in place. The current system is that the ownership of a season ticket gives the owner particular rights, one of which is to upgrade and downgrade the class of ticket. As the adult buys both the adult and the child season ticket, the adult gets the residual benefit of ownership of the child's season ticket. Quite fair. If you buy two season tickets you get an option to buy two tickets and allocate them to anyone you wish. Similarly a number of people, as is their right, choose to donate tickets to BigHearts or release their seats for resale to the benefit of the club.

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, toonland said:

Yeah deffo a typo, meant semi. hope so. Bloody bugger with the LPs, both still play football on sats or we’d have season tickets. 

I think you will be fine. 

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

No

Hearts allow people to buy tickets on other's references 

Hackney Hearts
2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Considering there was a riot at the last Scottish Cup final involving an Edinburgh club and a Glasgow club I would also be reticent to take a young child to the match.

Considering both the clubs involved were extremely heavily sanctioned for said riot, I think it's very unlikely there'll be any kind of repeat.

1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Considering both the clubs involved were extremely heavily sanctioned for said riot, I think it's very unlikely there'll be any kind of repeat.

Were they?  Serious question.  My recollection is that they got off scot free although a  significant number of people faced the courts and Hibs had to pay for damages.

Hackney Hearts
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Were they?  Serious question.  My recollection is that they got off scot free although a  significant number of people faced the courts and Hibs had to pay for damages.

Your recollection is quite accurate! My post should have had an irony smiley, sorry.

6 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Your recollection is quite accurate! My post should have had an irony smiley, sorry.

Silly me.  Should have spotted the irony a mile off.

Brave Hearts
13 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Both clubs were NOT heavily sanctioned. Nothing happened to them.

A few individual fans from both clubs were charged.

But NO punishments nor charges were issued to either club.

The pitch invasion and violence was all put down to “exuberance” by the future president of the SFA.

Edited by Brave Hearts
Just seen response to another post saying your comment was missing an irony smile

Hackney Hearts
19 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

Both clubs were NOT heavily sanctioned. Nothing happened to them.

A few individual fans from both clubs were charged.

But NO punishments nor charges were issued to either club.

The pitch invasion and violence was all put down to “exuberance” by the future president of the SFA.

Yes indeed, sorry - you need to take a look at the couple of posts above yours.

Mr Elwood P
13 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I got it, too subtle for some.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Very rough count, they have shifted a good bit, reckon down to just over 2000 left

jcjambo81
4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Very rough count, they have shifted a good bit, reckon down to just over 2000 left

Might be a few unhappy people tomorrow then . 

mainstandjambo
1 hour ago, jcjambo81 said:

Might be a few unhappy people tomorrow then . 

Much nearer 3000 tickets left at present.

5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Fun and games in Gorgie tomorrow then:scenes:

CloustonHMFC
4 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

It’ll be sold out by the end of the weekend if not tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

It’ll be sold out by the end of the weekend if not tomorrow. 

Perhaps we should send a cheeky wee e mail to SFA asking for more tickets.:qqb006:

benr0bertson

Anyone else had the email but the semi ticket yet to be reassigned? 

Hoping it just takes a bit of time. 

Mr Elwood P
32 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

I’ve not got the inclination to sit and count but it does look like more than 2000. The majority of seats in the sections directly behind the goals unsold thus far.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It was a very rough estimate I took. Surprised that it was close to 3mind.

Reckon it will be hundreds tomorrow 

Does anyone know when it started getting busy last Friday? I want to go down before the ticket office opens but not sure when to aim for?

13 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Does anyone know when it started getting busy last Friday? I want to go down before the ticket office opens but not sure when to aim for?

Just saunter down about 10am ish...you'll be fine ??

Hairdryer

I think we will not    struggle to sell the remaining tickets 

Edited by Hairdryer

durhamhearts
39 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Just saunter down about 10am ish...you'll be fine ??

16 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

I think we will not    struggle to sell the remaining tickets 

Folk Queing for their tickets now I’m reliably informed 

Jambo-Fox
3 hours ago, mainstandjambo said:

AGREED! But then you count and don’t estimate!

There are approximately 1,000 in each section so I think over 3,000 at least left!

Anyone else’s a bit worried that they haven’t had the tickets assigned to them from the semi yet? Surely they won’t be doing it now and I doubt they will have people in early hours to do it 

12 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Anyone else’s a bit worried that they haven’t had the tickets assigned to them from the semi yet? Surely they won’t be doing it now and I doubt they will have people in early hours to do it 

I emailed them last night and it was updated around lunchtime today.

heartsfc_fan

I predict the remaining 3,000 or whatever will be gone by mid-afternoon tomorrow.

Tams bird
3 hours ago, Dayman said:

As there is a queue now better get going.

Jambo-Fox

Count @ 2:30pm Friday 3rd May

A2 - 61

A5 - 16

A6 - 480

A7 - 73

B1 - 112

B2 - 529

B3 - 311

B4 - 54

B5 - 26

TOTAL REMAINING 1,662

Jcy110715

Does anyone know if we are showing the final in the 1874 bar? If so is it a ticket only or show up on the day? Cheers 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Jcy110715 said:

Does anyone know if we are showing the final in the 1874 bar? If so is it a ticket only or show up on the day? Cheers 

Reruns of 2016 final only I believe 

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, Jcy110715 said:

If there's demand I'd imagine hearts will have hospitality to watch game 

mainstandjambo

Count at 8.30

A2 -   35

A5  -  10

A6 - 429

A7 -   59

B1 -  105

B2 -  497

B3 -  275

B4 -    41

B5 -    24

Total - 1475

Mr Elwood P
55 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

Count at 8.30

A2 -   35

A5  -  10

A6 - 429

A7 -   59

B1 -  105

B2 -  497

B3 -  275

B4 -    41

B5 -    24

Total - 1475

General sale for Phase 3 to shift the last clusters of seats?

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

General sale for Phase 3 to shift the last clusters of seats?

Under 20 LPs who never made the semi final first surely ?

There is no hurry better to make sure everyone who is entitled gets one.

Never going to satisfy demand in a general sale anyway imo.

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Under 20 LPs who never made the semi final first surely ?

There is no hurry better to make sure everyone who is entitled gets one.

Never going to satisfy demand in a general sale anyway imo.

A general sale would only be open to supporters with a purchase history anyway? 

Tams bird
9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

A general sale would only be open to supporters with a purchase history anyway? 

Has to be. General wont be just general. 

There’s surely going to be more tickets made available in the next while? It normally happens after the initial allocation goes.  

I know there’s hospitality tickets and other types in the main stand but if both clubs only got just over 20,000, the capacity between the West , North and East is only 36,000.

4000 regular tickets spread between the two teams elsewhere in the ground doesn’t seem much. 

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

There’s surely going to be more tickets made available in the next while? It normally happens after the initial allocation goes.  

I know there’s hospitality tickets and other types in the main stand but if both clubs only got just over 20,000, the capacity between the West , North and East is only 36,000.

4000 regular tickets spread between the two teams elsewhere in the ground doesn’t seem much. 

I think in 2012 unused debenture seats became available.

Trouble is with it being Celtic in the final most of the Debenture holders will attend.

Perhaps we will get the unused Debentures at the Rangers side of the stand.

Only in Scotland the authorities moan about promoting the Scottish game and we have a stadium that could hold an extra 17 000 fans lying empty.

But we have to play it at Hamdump it's ra home of Scottish fitbaw it's a shithole Murryfield bigger ground more fans but at least another 8'500 fans f each team could be there .

Yea it makes great sense to play it at Hamdump to much vested interest by the blazers to give a shit about the fans.

6 minutes ago, andi17 said:

Only in Scotland the authorities moan about promoting the Scottish game and we have a stadium that could hold an extra 17 000 fans lying empty.

But we have to play it at Hamdump it's ra home of Scottish fitbaw it's a shithole Murryfield bigger ground more fans but at least another 8'500 fans f each team could be there .

Yea it makes great sense to play it at Hamdump to much vested interest by the blazers to give a shit about the fans.

You make a very good point. Hampden is an awful stadium. It stinks of the old school SFA mafia of the west, paying a part time club millions to buy a wreck of a football stadium not fit for purpose.

The SFA are the biggest issue at all levels of our game. From the national team to player pathways and fan experiences.

Unfortunately it will never change...