Cup Final Dot Count

mainstandjambo

mainstandjambo

Thought I would do a count in case anyone was interested in how things were going. According to etickets number left is:

A3 -  22

A4 - 184

A5 - 655

A6 - 741

A7 - 343

B1 - 313

B2 - 715

B3 - 631

B4 - 337

B5 - 186

B6 -  35

B7 -  46

B8 -    9

Total - 4217

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Jambo-Fox

• luckydug

• Clerry Jambo

13 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

Thought I would do a count in case anyone was interested in how things were going. According to etickets number left is:

A3 -  22

A4 - 184

A5 - 655

A6 - 741

A7 - 343

B1 - 313

B2 - 715

B3 - 631

B4 - 337

B5 - 186

B6 -  35

B7 -  46

B8 -    9

Total - 4217

Great idea! Loved the thread for murrayfield game. Take it north and stand sold out then?

17 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

A3 -  22

A4 - 184

A5 - 655

A6 - 741

A7 - 343

B1 - 313

B2 - 715

B3 - 631

B4 - 337

B5 - 186

B6 -  35

B7 -  46

B8 -    9

Total - 4217

Good work, they should sell out pretty quickly

Mainstand, great count, well done!

I’d suggest adding another 300 to available tickets. It looks like the front 3 rows in sections A4,5,6&7 and B1,2,3&4 have not been released

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

What did we get, 21k? So about 16.5 to 17k sold. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I think that'll be the number available for sale for the game only. Hearts seem to have kept a fairly large amount back to do our own hospitality on 3 packages that has sold out.

Good idea by the club as we'll keep any money made over the ticket prices of £30/£35 plus cost of providing food/drink/transport.

There will still be hospitality packages available at Hampden for anybody that can't get a ticket through the normal channels.

Edited by Rudolf

Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Looks like going to general sale

The second phase of people who went to the semi but don't have 20 points will shift a few you'd imagine.

2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

If ticket in your name

Really I didn't see this advertised? Thought I would need to wait for general sale? When is this? 

Just read that on website now, must have missed it. 

Edited by Jambomuzz

mainstandjambo
On 29/04/2019 at 13:07, mainstandjambo said:

A3 -  22

A4 - 184

A5 - 655

A6 - 741

A7 - 343

B1 - 313

B2 - 715

B3 - 631

B4 - 337

B5 - 186

B6 -  35

B7 -  46

B8 -    9

Total - 4217

Now down to 3784.

22 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

The second phase of people who went to the semi but don't have 20 points will shift a few you'd imagine.

The lot I’d think. 

mainstandjambo
On 29/04/2019 at 13:07, mainstandjambo said:

A3 -  22

A4 - 184

A5 - 655

A6 - 741

A7 - 343

B1 - 313

B2 - 715

B3 - 631

B4 - 337

B5 - 186

B6 -  35

B7 -  46

B8 -    9

Total - 4217

Latest count at 13.30

A4 -   75

A5 -  502

A6 -  717

A7 -  242

B1 -  256

B2 -  678

B3 -  578

B4 -  232

B5 -  123

B6 -    16

B7 -    33

B8 -      3

Total - 3455  

15 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

Latest count at 13.30

A4 -   75

A5 -  502

A6 -  717

A7 -  242

B1 -  256

B2 -  678

B3 -  578

B4 -  232

B5 -  123

B6 -    16

B7 -    33

B8 -      3

Total - 3455  

So we have sold 17000 tickets in the initial sale so far.

Not bad going.

Mr Elwood P
9 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

So we have sold 17000 tickets in the initial sale so far.

Not bad going.

Surely everyone who was at the semi final will be ok for a ticket on Friday then? Can't be more than 3400 that attended that game but haven't secured a ticket for the final yet?

Silvery_Moon
12 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Surely everyone who was at the semi final will be ok for a ticket on Friday then? Can't be more than 3400 that attended that game but haven't secured a ticket for the final yet?

I would think so. There are other categories of people that tickets could be opened up to though.

E.G. I know someone who has 19 loyalty points but wasn't able to get to the semi final.

I know in that instance the solution is to buy a ticket for the Kilmarnock game but you get the general point. There must be several fans with loyalty points which weren't able to go to the semi final who should get a chance before any general sale.

15 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Hard to say. There are a few boys at my work who dont have season tickets but attended the Semi Final with their families and they are planning on going online on Friday to get tickets for the final.

Calebs Grandad

I had 3 semi final tickets which entitles me to 3 cup final tickets. Ticket office needed names and id number for whoever I was allocating the other 2 tickets too. Due to others using hospitality I actually have 1 unallocated ticket from semi final now. If it’s allowed I’d happily allocate it to anyone who is going to struggle for a final ticket. I’d need their name, ticketing id number and postcode. Emails must be sent to ticket office by 16.00 tomorrow. If it’s not allowed apologies but if it is then I will allocate it to first person replying who is interested.

Tams bird

Quite a few children at semi final who don’t have their own account so won’t get a ticket..

Jambo-Fox
29 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

Quite a few children at semi final who don’t have their own account so won’t get a ticket..

Other issue is (even if they had an account) the ticket they could purchase would not be beside the ‘responsible adult’ who presumably has already purchased theirs! I’m not sure a cup final is suitable for a young child to sit on their own.

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Jambo 4 Ever
37 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Other issue is (even if they had an account) the ticket they could purchase would not be beside the ‘responsible adult’ who presumably has already purchased theirs! I’m not sure a cup final is suitable for a young child to sit on their own.

Good point 

53 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

True, everyone semi final attender who wants one should get one tomorrow

Tams bird

Some were hanging on to get them together, tho Hearts said they can’t guarantee seats together.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Can imagine there are quite a few disappointed youngsters who are not being allowed to attend and Dad is using Juniors account to take his mate for a boozy day out ?

Don't think children's tickets should be allowed to be upgraded to adult as people could buy child's ST in order to gain extra tickets for big games. 

If it is a child's account only a child ticket should be issued imo.

Expecting pelters from indignant Dad's but if you think about it is open to abuse.

scott herbertson

I had 4 tickets for the semi (none used) all under my name and none of the people going (my wife and our two teenagers) have an account/ membership with Hearts. Would think there’s quite a few of the sem tickets which would have been in the ‘family day’ out scenario like this and therefore not eligible for final tickets. 

Hence I’d guess there will be plenty available for public sale.

Mr Elwood P
17 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Can imagine there are quite a few disappointed youngsters who are not being allowed to attend and Dad is using Juniors account to take his mate for a boozy day out ?

Don't think children's tickets should be allowed to be upgraded to adult as people could buy child's ST in order to gain extra tickets for big games

Expecting pelters from indignant Dad's but if you think about it is open to abuse.

We don't have anywhere near the demand for tickets for anyone to have to go to such desperate lengths. Even if we did that person would be paying an extra £50-100 towards the club to guarantee an extra brief and presumably a child would use the seat for part of the season anyway? I think preventing tickets being upgraded is a restrictive idea. Many parents will have a season ticket with a couple of kids aged say 5-10. They are perfectly happy to take them to a Saturday 3pm KO against Kilmarnock but not a 7.45pm Wednesday night game against Celtic. Those seats either go to waste or they can be upgraded to adult tickets, which maximises both the 'actual' attendance and the revenue for the club.

chester copperpot

I am going to buckle the trend here. I think it will sell out fairly quickly on Friday. There must be tons of non ST holders wanting a ticket for the final.

Governor tarkin was right about me, I couldn't stay away come a Semi or Final. 

2 tickets bought today. Over the moon as the lad has been at all 4 finals since he was born in 2001. 

28 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Don't think children's tickets should be allowed to be upgraded to adult as people could buy child's ST in order to gain extra tickets for big games. 

How about the other way ? 

If someone's adult m8 can't go to the final and lets his m8 buy a kids ticket with his adult ref number  so he can take his kid  to the final ,

Edited by ramrod

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I am going to buckle the trend here. I think it will sell out fairly quickly on Friday. There must be tons of non ST holders wanting a ticket for the final.

Governor tarkin was right about me, I couldn't stay away come a Semi or Final. 

2 tickets bought today. Over the moon as the lad has been at all 4 finals since he was born in 2001. 

The Phase 1 sales period wasn't for season ticket holders exclusively it was any supporter with 20+ LP.

The Phase 2 sales period is for a restricted class of people, those who attended the semi final but don't have the requisite 20LP. Surely less than 3000 in that category?

20 minutes ago, ramrod said:

How about the other way ? 

If someone's adult m8 can't go to the final and lets his m8 buy a kids ticket with his adult ref number  so he can take his kid  to the final ,

There will be very few if any in that scenario.

There have already been numerous posters saying they are upgrading child's tickets and taking an adult instead. 

I haven't seen any posts suggesting your scenario.

It just seems wrong that someone who hardly ever goes to the football gets a ticket because his mate won't let his child go to the match.

It's a loophole in the ticketing system.

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

There have already been numerous posters saying they are upgrading child's tickets and taking an adult instead. 

It just seems wrong that someone who hardly ever goes to the football gets a ticket because his mate won't let his child go to the match.

Considering there was a riot at the last Scottish Cup final involving an Edinburgh club and a Glasgow club I would also be reticent to take a young child to the match.

Mikey1874
13 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's good to have the flexibility. 

Alternative could mean adults cheating on child tickets especially as more and more it is scanned entry. 

As said some games aren't suitable for children who may also other events. More money into game too. 

11 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Considering there was a riot at the last Scottish Cup final involving an Edinburgh club and a Glasgow club I would also be reticent to take a young child to the match.

I agree but you have missed the point completely. 

Mikey1874
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The point is if you go to enough games to support the club you will always get tickets for big games. 

It's also because people do go to games that the SFA can justify giving half the tickets to Hearts. Which means more are available for those who don't go so much. 

Jambo-Fox
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Don’t underestimate ‘kids pester power’ .... might be some kids taking a mate (on a down graded ticket) and dad (or mum) will be left sulking at home!!

21 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Yeah I agree , should only be able to get the same category of ticket as your season ticket imo . 

Mikey1874

If you take children it's fans of the future.

Getting something back occasionally is no big deal.

Meanwhile people complaining can support the club more and go to more games. 

Jambof3tornado
29 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

No riots in the stands or in the streets. Stay away from the idiots,its not difficult to spot them.

Children will be safe.

I remember walking through hordes of Celtic fans after the beattie late penalty semi with junior and the only comments we got were that we deserved it. At no point did I fear for my young son.

Jambof3tornado
15 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Yeah I agree , should only be able to get the same category of ticket as your season ticket imo . 

This.

cookieboy
3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I went in to assign semi tickets last week and said it was on the chance we might get final tickets and the girl said "I'm sure you will be fine" or words to that effect . Make of that what you will but I'm hoping it means they have enough for everyone who was at semi ????

Mr Elwood P
22 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I've not missed the point, you think that it's unfair that a parent can allocate their childs ticket to an adult who you deem to be less deserving. My view is that the adult should be allowed the freedom to allocate to their child or their friend or another family member as they choose, considering an adult with two children, both with season tickets, puts an extra 50% into the club that extra option is fair enough. The adult could choose to allocate his ticket to another adult, a level of flexibility is important. A situation where a child can give up their final ticket to their aged grandpa for example is in keeping with the family ethos of our club.

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

I went in to assign semi tickets last week and said it was on the chance we might get final tickets and the girl said "I'm sure you will be fine" or words to that effect . Make of that what you will but I'm hoping it means they have enough for everyone who was at semi ????

I think we will be fine mate. 18000 Hearts fans at the semi final, 17000 sold for the final so far. With 3000 left I just can't see over 1/6 of the semi final attendees not having 20LP.