Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

10 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

We all know that Lafferty’s reason for going along the M8 were two fold, the chance to play for Sevco again and the fact he needed one last large signing on fee and salary.

He is however the type of player we need at the moment. A motivator in the dressing room. So one who is not afraid to call out players.

January is notoriously difficult to get players in, especially when one of the players we need is a goal scorer. They either cost a transfer fee that is outwith our budget or they are in the last 6 months of a contract and are looking to weigh up their pre contract options. 

Getting a player who is proven at this level for 6 months to get us out of the predicament we are in at moment should be a no brainer. 

Given that sevco binned him for not trying a leg in training, I've absolutely no idea how you've come to the conclusion you have on the bit in bold. He's actually likely to be exactly the sort needing called out!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

SuperstarSteve
2 hours ago, blairdin said:

Looking at the way Stendel seems to want to play, I don't think Lafferty is an option. He doesn't work hard enough off the ball. 

Correct and not only that, listen to how stendel tore in about experienced players like whelan.

Someone i’d say is much more professional than mr lafferty 

Stendel wants young bloody looking to prove themself. Lafferty won’t be an option. 

Edited by SuperstarSteve

Wasn't keen on him coming back in the summer, but now ...... every day of the week 'yes'.

Couldn't care less if he is a disruptive force in the dressing room, maybe what we need more of to mix it up rather than the soppy, by the numbers,  'good character' pussies that have so far managed to drag us right to the edge this season. 

Edited by Fraggle

Henrysmithstaxi
3 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Question does he fit into the way Stendel wants to play ?

I don’t think he fits into anything Stendel wants to do.

12 hours ago, John Findlay said:

He is a disruptive influence in the dressing room for being an arse. I too have the best interests of the club at heart and Kyle Lafferty is not in the best interests of the club.

What did he do in the dressing room at Hearts to be disruptive?

Henrysmithstaxi

As with any investment; past performance isn’t an indicator of future returns.

Any striker would be a risk. Some may feel Laff is less of a risk than other strikers available (or that we could afford/attract), particularly given the potentially lower investment required.

However, I just can’t see Stendel coming to the same conclusion regarding Laff, or even considering him, in fact. He just doesn’t fit the Stendel mould, I think.

• 9 months later...
On 06/08/2019 at 11:16, Sagan said:

We need his goals, let's face it. 

I'd take him back if he was willing to take a modest wage. 

Kyle doesn’t ‘do’ modest.  Ha.

9 hours ago, gjcc said:

Sakes. It was one pic to one lassie while his wife was heavily pregnant. Give the guy a break. 👀

Aye, I mean who's never done that?

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Anyone done the '19 goals, in a heartbeat etc' thing yet?

19 goals though!!

Not had a striker with such a great haul since Robbo.

I’d have him back in a nano second.

Is this ok? :wink: