Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

Leveins Battalion

Just a hunch but I think Stendel will be looking for younger players ie 21-25 ish.

If any club has learned the hard way of being a last pay day for old pro's its HMFC under Levein.

Would expect arrivals to be a mixture of lower leagues of England and Germany and some loans.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

8 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I dont disagree and I would welcome him for the rest of the season but I think Stendel is his own man and will be planning for longer than that.

Yeah agree, but we are in desperate need of goals and none of our fit strikers are capable of scoring them. Hopefully get Naismith and Washington back soon though. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Adam_the_legend said:

😍😍😍

Geez. That video seems so long ago. Someone send it to DS twitter lol

31 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Let's hope his advice on who should go is sound then....

I would fancy that Stendel has already told him and I am more than confident that it will be better advice than that coming from CL or AM.

pettigrewsstylist

Its old pros carrying injuries and young blokes with weak pedigrees that have got us to here.

Happy to see some money spent on proven goalscorer who would not need 2 yrs to turn in a performance tbh.

Until Washington and/or Naismith is fit we need someone in who can lead the line and score goals. Beggars can't be choosers. And right now we're beggars. A short term deal and see how he goes is surely the way to go. Unless Stendel has someone in mind that he's certain will sign it seems to me at least an option that we should surely explore.

Knows the club. Scores goals. No brainer if available. You only have to look at the top 10 goals. Always thought he took shots on too early but I was always wrong.

Cummings, Griffiths or him I’d  take him

4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

🙄🤷‍♂️ no we don’t need 20 goal a season strikers who would jump at the chance to play for us in our predicament.. your entitled to your opinion.. even if it’s completely bizarre

A 20 goal a season striker would be lovely! I doubt anyone would disagree with that. It would be harder to sign one if we go spending money on Kyle Lafferty though, so probably best not to sign him!

4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think he’d score us 10 goals and is better than anyone we have “available”

He'd be more likely to score about 5 and contribute absolutely nothing else. I'd hope we could find better than that.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Bozi said:

My stance hasn't changed, he is an idiot, a one man sideshow, he appeals to the worst element of our support and he ditched us the second TheRangers came sniffing.

But...he scores in big games, he was exceptional when we pressed Celtic high, he hates the Hibs as well, plus he wasn't afraid to take a chance. Right now we would be off our head to pass a player like that up.

Sure Naismith and Washington should be excellent, but so far they haven't been fit enough to show that and we have had to play 

Maclean,Wighton,Keena and Uche, who are all not good enough to take us forwards 

Summed it up perfectly, needs must. I wonder if CL wishes he has brought him back in the summer.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Fortuantely Austin McPhee is working from home these days trying to offload some of the deadwood CL and him signed to allow Daniel Stendel to hopefully bring in the players he wants.

I would sincerely hope that Stendel has his own list of players rather than take advice from anyone still at the club that shouldn't be.

If we did sign KL would we need to relax Macphees house arrest to give him a cuddle every day?

Салатные палочки
4 hours ago, The rat catcher said:

Ah the good old days.

Aye "no thanks" indeed :gok:

Lafferty is a proven goal scorer and anyone who thinks they can sign another of his quality in this window without it costing an arm and a leg is delusional. This is a time of year clubs are looking for such proven quality for a title push or a relegation battle. They're not going to be unloading it.

Lafferty may be available with no transfer fee. It's the best you're going to get in this situation unless you have mountains of cash to splash which Hearts don't.

Fort Vallance
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Ron Jeremy these days would be like trying to put marshmallows in a piggy bank.

Snooker with a piece of string.

2 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Been shite since he left, so hopefully stays away. Can do better with the money.

So who do you have in mind who wouldn't cost a large transfer fee?

3 hours ago, Bozi said:

My stance hasn't changed, he is an idiot, a one man sideshow, he appeals to the worst element of our support and he ditched us the second TheRangers came sniffing.

But...he scores in big games, he was exceptional when we pressed Celtic high, he hates the Hibs as well, plus he wasn't afraid to take a chance. Right now we would be off our head to pass a player like that up.

Sure Naismith and Washington should be excellent, but so far they haven't been fit enough to show that and we have had to play 

Maclean,Wighton,Keena and Uche, who are all not good enough to take us forwards 

This man represents my views

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

So who do you have in mind who wouldn't cost a large transfer fee?

There will be players out there. Surprisingly, the world is full of players who didn't previously play for Hearts. Someone raising concerns about a signing doesn't have to come with a specific player to replace him. 

He's never getting back to the hun. 6 month deal because he now needs to prove himself. 

The motivation that might give him to the end of the season could be frightening. 

I frankly don't care what element of the support gets a half chub over the prospect of singing about flutes again. 

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

There will be players out there. Surprisingly, the world is full of players who didn't previously play for Hearts. Someone raising concerns about a signing doesn't have to come with a specific player to replace him. 

Actually an alternative does help. Some mystery unknown alternative the big money clubs with their vast scouting systems haven't yet found is a bit too vague in comparison to an actual option going to be available on a free.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

If we did sign KL would we need to relax Macphees house arrest to give him a cuddle every day?

It could be done via videolink a sort of virtual cuddle.

He scored 1 goal in Norway, his contract has been finished a while and all this after sitting on his arse for a year at Ibrox. There is a weird obsession on here with going for previous players. He worked well for 1 season, but he had the carrot of Rangers dangling in front of him if he proved himself. He went there and couldnt be bothered training hard enough to play for 'his' team. I don't think we would get anything out of him. 

Edited by tokyowalnut

We all know that Lafferty’s reason for going along the M8 were two fold, the chance to play for Sevco again and the fact he needed one last large signing on fee and salary.

He is however the type of player we need at the moment. A motivator in the dressing room. So one who is not afraid to call out players.

January is notoriously difficult to get players in, especially when one of the players we need is a goal scorer. They either cost a transfer fee that is outwith our budget or they are in the last 6 months of a contract and are looking to weigh up their pre contract options. 

Getting a player who is proven at this level for 6 months to get us out of the predicament we are in at moment should be a no brainer. 

57 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

He scored 1 goal in Norway, his contract has been finished a while and all this after sitting on his arse for a year at Ibrox. There is a weird obsession on here with going for previous players. He worked well for 1 season, but he had the carrot of Rangers dangling in front of him if he proved himself. He went there and couldnt be bothered training hard enough to play for 'his' team. I don't think we would get anything out of him. 

He was kept out of 'his' team by Morelos, they play with one striker. And when he did get a  chance he scored against quality opposition. Scored away from home in the Europa league at Villareal.

And given the money restraints I can think of no better alternatives in this emergency. The evidence suggests Naismith is not going to be fit on a regular basis. Naismith even when playing recently hasn't been able to play enough to get enough games to even reach top match fitness.

Lafferty has missed only 8 games total due to injury in the past 4 years. Naismith has already missed over 30 this year alone.

6 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

He was kept out of 'his' team by Morelos, they play with one striker. And when he did get a  chance he scored against quality opposition. Scored away from home in the Europa league at Villareal.

And given the money restraints I can think of no better alternatives in this emergency. The evidence suggests Naismith is not going to be fit on a regular basis. Naismith even when playing recently hasn't been able to play enough to get enough games to even reach top match fitness.

Lafferty has missed only 8 games total due to injury in the past 4 years. Naismith has already missed over 30 this year alone.

He's an arse, end of.

Edited by John Findlay

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

He's an arse, end of.

Well in this situation I have the interests of the club in mind not my personal feelings about the character of a player. I'm looking for goals from a proven goal scorer, end of.

6 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Well in this situation I have the interests of the club in mind not my personal feelings about the character of a player. I'm looking for goals from a proven goal scorer, end of.

He is a disruptive influence in the dressing room for being an arse. I too have the best interests of the club at heart and Kyle Lafferty is not in the best interests of the club.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Lafferty admitted that he let himself down and didnt work and train as hard as he should have. Yes, Morelos was first choice, but Lafferty rarely made the bench.

He hardly scored against quality, 2 of his 4 goals came against Motherwell.

If money restraints are an issue, do you think he is going to be a cheap option?

Not sure why you are mentioning Naismith, that has zero relevance to my comment. 

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

FFS..,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no, no, no!! 

43 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

If money restraints are an issue, do you think he is going to be a cheap option?

When speaking of money restraints i'm talking about a transfer fee, Lafferty will be a free agent in 12 days. And given that a goal scorer is a must and given that they don't come cheap what's the alternative?

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

He is a disruptive influence in the dressing room for being an arse. I too have the best interests of the club at heart and Kyle Lafferty is not in the best interests of the club.

Tbf, John, neither is Levein and he's still hanging about like an eggy fart. 

We need goals. Asap. Lafferty, I believe, would supply them pretty much straight away.

True, he's a bit of a misfit of a footballer but Hearts, at the mo, are a misfit of a football team. 

We need a short term answer. Lafferty's swagger, and goals, could help us a lot. 

Another player every window we are linked with now don’t get me wrong I was his number 1 fan when he was here I don’t blame him for going to newco a team here supported as a boy I would be exact same with hearts every player would want to play for the team they supported if we got big Kyle bk I would be over the moon he would get us goals but I don’t think Stendel looking for experienced players I think he looking at our loan players and hopefully a few good Germans To 

28 minutes ago, euan 10 said:

Another player every window we are linked with now don’t get me wrong I was his number 1 fan when he was here I don’t blame him for going to newco a team here supported as a boy I would be exact same with hearts every player would want to play for the team they supported if we got big Kyle bk I would be over the moon he would get us goals but I don’t think Stendel looking for experienced players I think he looking at our loan players and hopefully a few good Germans To 

if Stendel isn’t looking for experience to get us out of this, then we are well and truly Donald Ducked 

Right now this transfer window is about getting the right players in to fit his system and get us out of the relegation zone. I don’t care where we finish as long as it’s not 11 or 12.

To do that we need several players, an energetic midfielder, a winger who will take a player on and a goal scorer.

We probably can get the winger as a loan and depending on where we can get a loan from, the midfielder with energy. Trying to find a proven goal scorer without paying through the nose is more of a problem. Like it or not, Lafferty is a proven goal scorer at this level and is available for free in January. He is a regular scorer at SPL level and I’d be pretty confident that given the same game time as the rest of our strikers he would score more than them. We have zero threat up front at present and our only real proven goal scorer in Naismith is on the treatment table more than on the pitch. I’m not talking about giving him a 2/3 year deal, I’m talking about 6 months. 

As for this he’s a disruptive influence, the only people spouting this were the pro Levein camp. He admitted to having a gambling problem. I’m sure if the stories are to be believed, then our ex manager was in no position to talk about that. The phone flash story. Made the papers for 2 days then disappeared. It’s a criminal offence to send indecent images so why was he never charged by police over the matter. What else was disruptive. Was he taking the lads To the bookies or the pub? Was he having a sash bash in the changing room before the game? He worked hard for the team but more importantly he scored goals. 

Right now we are staring into the barrel of a possible disaster by being relegated. We need nasty horrible barstewards on the park who are going to scrap their way out of this mess that the previous incumbent has got us into. Lafferty fits into this mould. Horrible to play against and plays with heart and attitude. Oh and knows where net is

6 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

Lafferty admitted that he let himself down and didnt work and train as hard as he should have. Yes, Morelos was first choice, but Lafferty rarely made the bench.

He hardly scored against quality, 2 of his 4 goals came against Motherwell.

Not sure why you are mentioning Naismith, that has zero relevance to my comment. 

Wish we had a forward who could score against Motherwell!

Looking at the way Stendel seems to want to play, I don't think Lafferty is an option. He doesn't work hard enough off the ball. 

31 minutes ago, munro9 said:

Wish we had a forward who could score against Motherwell!

🙈 I know! 

If we signed KL, I'd be quite happy. If we didn't, I wouldnt be bothered. 

6 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

When speaking of money restraints i'm talking about a transfer fee, Lafferty will be a free agent in 12 days. And given that a goal scorer is a must and given that they don't come cheap what's the alternative?

I'm sure there are alternatives, bit naive to think otherwise. If he signs I'd be happy with a short term deal, if he doesnt sign then I won't be bothered.

2 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

if Stendel isn’t looking for experience to get us out of this, then we are well and truly Donald Ducked 

Right now this transfer window is about getting the right players in to fit his system and get us out of the relegation zone. I don’t care where we finish as long as it’s not 11 or 12.

To do that we need several players, an energetic midfielder, a winger who will take a player on and a goal scorer.

We probably can get the winger as a loan and depending on where we can get a loan from, the midfielder with energy. Trying to find a proven goal scorer without paying through the nose is more of a problem. Like it or not, Lafferty is a proven goal scorer at this level and is available for free in January. He is a regular scorer at SPL level and I’d be pretty confident that given the same game time as the rest of our strikers he would score more than them. We have zero threat up front at present and our only real proven goal scorer in Naismith is on the treatment table more than on the pitch. I’m not talking about giving him a 2/3 year deal, I’m talking about 6 months. 

As for this he’s a disruptive influence, the only people spouting this were the pro Levein camp. He admitted to having a gambling problem. I’m sure if the stories are to be believed, then our ex manager was in no position to talk about that. The phone flash story. Made the papers for 2 days then disappeared. It’s a criminal offence to send indecent images so why was he never charged by police over the matter. What else was disruptive. Was he taking the lads To the bookies or the pub? Was he having a sash bash in the changing room before the game? He worked hard for the team but more importantly he scored goals. 

Right now we are staring into the barrel of a possible disaster by being relegated. We need nasty horrible barstewards on the park who are going to scrap their way out of this mess that the previous incumbent has got us into. Lafferty fits into this mould. Horrible to play against and plays with heart and attitude. Oh and knows where net is

Worth pointing out that Levein is the guy who gave him the chance to sort his career out again. Doubt Lafferty would have too many bad words to say about him.

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Exactly. We need to put club first. Get the feeling some think we are simply too big to be relegated. We have been on a steady journey to there since last Nov.