Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, kila said:

The guy can't behave himself, think he'd cause more problems this time around.

Do we really think a 32 year old striker playing for a pish Norwegian side is the solution?

I think he’d score us 10 goals and is better than anyone we have “available”

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

Just now, The rat catcher said:

I'd love your thoughts on the rest of our forward players. Very odd statement indeed.

You realise the point of football is to score goals and win games yes?

Jeez...

Washington will offer more than Lafferty with the way Stendel wants to play. Not convinced under a 6 month deal Lafferty would keep himself fit enough and be someone we could rely upon. Anything longer than 6 months would be a waste of money and we end up with another ageing striker who'll go off the rails at some point again as he hits another mid life crisis.

The rat catcher
Just now, kila said:

Washington will offer more than Lafferty with the way Stendel wants to play. Not convinced under a 6 month deal Lafferty would keep himself fit enough and be someone we could rely upon. Anything longer than 6 months would be a waste of money and we end up with another ageing striker who'll go off the rails at some point again as he hits another mid life crisis.

His current deal is a 6 month deal. The rest I agree with.

Adam_the_legend
2 minutes ago, kila said:

Washington wouldn’t score half what lafferty would. I would 100% take him back. We are so desperate for a goal scorer and he knows where the goal is. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, kila said:

washington runs the channels and will never score many goals, we need someone who can score  .. desperately.. 

13 minutes ago, A Shoreditch Heart said:

if we can get him at a reasonable price short term them it makes sense - I reckon he has a a point to prove back here and that can only be positive

Exactly !

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Depends on how much he'd want £, but he'd get goals for sure.  Hes still an utter bellend but we need goals.

Aye but he’d be our bellend.. and we all love our own bellends .. no brainer for me.. 6 month contract.. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Amazing to think but in hindsight and very much so, he would have been the better long term option than Naismith. 

Of course that position could reverse again,  hopefully it does 

Captain Canada

We're in a desperate situation with no proven goal scorers, so yes, I'd take him back. I totally understand why many people wouldn't, but I think he could come in and hit the ground running. I'm sure Stendel will have his own targets, so I'm not sure this will even be getting considered. 

24 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Aye but he’d be our bellend.. and we all love our own bellends .. no brainer for me.. 6 month contract.. 

I just don't like the guy but Id take his goals. I never quite felt like he was ours. Aye something like a 6 month deal, as you say it's no brainer.

Pasquale for King

Where would we have been without his 20 goals,

Have we ever had a player score in four consecutive games against Celtic?

I would take him back until the summer, give him the chance to earn a longer deal.

Not particularly keen on the baggage that comes with him but we are in dire need of someone who can score goals.

One of the best strikers we have had in the past 15 years. 

A lot lot of people on here showed there lack of football knowledge with the “we won’t miss him” chat. 

fabienleclerq
5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

The only reason he had been missed is because Naismith and Washington being injured

I must've missed them hitting 20 goals each. 

Lafferty did very well last time round. Don't see the problem in getting him in to help out upfront. We're hardly a goal threat to anyone! I'd offer an 18 month contract. By then, Stendel should've settled us down, have a striker or two that he's chosen and will have his own squad in place by then. His goals, experience etc shouldn't be ignored. If he's willing and Ann can get a deal sorted then we'd be crazy not to, especially if he ends up at another club and his goals send us down.

4 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I must've missed them hitting 20 goals each. 

Fairly sure Naismith scores at a better rate than lafferty. Fairly sure if he sold his soul to Celtic instead of rangers he wouldn't have a persistent thread on here.

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Fairly sure Naismith scores at a better rate than lafferty. Fairly sure if he sold his soul to Celtic instead of rangers he wouldn't have a persistent thread on here.

When he's fit maybe , we ain't got the luxury of time to be dicking about

My stance hasn't changed, he is an idiot, a one man sideshow, he appeals to the worst element of our support and he ditched us the second TheRangers came sniffing.

But...he scores in big games, he was exceptional when we pressed Celtic high, he hates the Hibs as well, plus he wasn't afraid to take a chance. Right now we would be off our head to pass a player like that up.

Sure Naismith and Washington should be excellent, but so far they haven't been fit enough to show that and we have had to play 

Maclean,Wighton,Keena and Uche, who are all not good enough to take us forwards 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

pity he’s made of glass.  

Start of the season, nope, wouldn’t touch him with Ron Jeremy’s.

Now, as a short term option until the summer. ****ing right I’d take him. 

Wouldn’t have him beyond that but he’d certainly do a job short term.

fabienleclerq
3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

How many goals has he scored? If he bangs in two then is injured for 5 months I'd imagine his strike rate would look good. If a 20 goal striker sold his soul to isis I'd take him back considering our striking options. 

SuperstarSteve

Didn’t want him to leave but don’t want him back.

Budge won’t entertain him and his antics and stendel won’t want anymore lazy *******s that don’t fit his system. 

Washington is better suited and I think he will come good, I agree with others we need someone else. 

Juanma and goncalves got same league goals as lafferty and Olly lee was involved in more goals in his season with us than lafferty was.

Nobody wants them back so I personally don’t get the lafferty love in, he is not worth the hassle and the goals he scored was for his move to rangers he won’t have that motivation this time around. 

No brainer.

Sure he's got a bit of an edge, but that's what makes him a top striker.

Fine, if Stendel can unearth someone better in the January window, but this guy knows the club and is tried and tested.

Why take the chance with another Vanacek ?

We will get one shot at signing a proven goalscorer.

If we sign another dud, and Naismith remains a bit player through to the end of the season, we could find it extremely difficult to get out of our current predicament.

Edited by Busby8

Adam_the_legend
37 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He's fit and he scores goals. We don't have anyone, anyone, like that

Fit AND scores goals?! Will never catch on at hearts 🙄

5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Stendel wont even know him.

Stendel will have his own ideas as to who he wants.

Perhaps some of these guys. The only issue is that they are still under contract until the end of the season and not sure Barnsley will be easy to deal with.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/the-out-of-contract-barnsley-players-daniel-stendel-could-nab-for-hearts-on-a-free/ar-AAK3vDR

Can’t believe anyone would have watched the team this season and seriously say they wouldn’t take him.

He’d be a massive improvement on what we are currently fielding up front 

8 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Exactly. 

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Austin McPhee knows all about Lafferty.....

Fortuantely Austin McPhee is working from home these days trying to offload some of the deadwood CL and him signed to allow Daniel Stendel to hopefully bring in the players he wants.

I would sincerely hope that Stendel has his own list of players rather than take advice from anyone still at the club that shouldn't be.

54 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I agree, but availability will be very limited in January. Stop gap might make sense. Certainly better than Maclean, Keena and Uche. 

3 hours ago, kila said:

Do we really think a 32 year old striker playing for a pish Norwegian side is the solution?

I'm just wondering if they're so pish they're bottom of their league because they can't score goals.

22 minutes ago, stotty said:

I agree, but availability will be very limited in January. Stop gap might make sense. Certainly better than Maclean, Keena and Uche. 

I dont disagree and I would welcome him for the rest of the season but I think Stendel is his own man and will be planning for longer than that.