• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

It's August one year on. His ban will be up. 

Papers from the time said from August 18th 

BarneyBattles44

2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Not happening lads. Never was.

Daff wants US $. Heard anything on that Notts ?

Forever Hearts
19 minutes ago, bmxweeman said:

Papers from the time said from August 18th 

Aye, but they don't give you it back exactly a year later. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’d assume we are. 

(Tin hat on)

I read today that Cummings is to be released and wants to come back to Scotland...

5 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So should we limit all future signings to whether or not Steven Naismith is pals with them?

Never said anything like that. 

These players were far superior to Lafferty and didn't need to train very hard because of their abilities. 

Nothing to do with them having  a relationship with Naismith 🙄🙄

25 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye, but they don't give you it back exactly a year later. 

Fair enough, never had a driving ban so no idea how they work 🙄😂

1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

(Tin hat on)

I read today that Cummings is to be released and wants to come back to Scotland...

🤷‍♂️ More chance of that happening than Lafferty. 

29 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

(Tin hat on)

He’s already been offered to us by his agent and was knocked back. Likewise KL. We’re not having either of them. 

YouLetYourClubDie

I only care about Hearts improving as a football team so course I want Lafferty back. He was here one year and some of the finishes/goals he scored were top drawer. Most goals since Robbo says it all. 

YouLetYourClubDie
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Close thread because no chance of it happening 

Plenty things Levein said wouldn't happen a matter of 2/3 weeks ago are now happening. He is desperate so would not surprise me if this does happen. 

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Why would you wash lafferty?

Because he is a dirty ****** who posts pictures of his dick on the Internet. 😜

grumpyespana
4 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

He’s already been offered to us by his agent and was knocked back. Likewise KL. We’re not having either of them. 

Thank god for that but we still need a goal scorer I will be more than happy.

Just now, grumpyespana said:

It looks like the young Japanese lad were after on loan also plays as a striker...

3 minutes ago, YouLetYourClubDie said:

Plenty things Levein said wouldn't happen a matter of 2/3 weeks ago are now happening. He is desperate so would not surprise me if this does happen. 

Its not happening. Never was happening.

5 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

For all those Lafferty lovers let us be clear that his move back to Ibrox last season was solely due for his need for a larger pay packet to feed his gambling debts and not his overwhelming desire to play for the club he supports. Surely if he was such a big supporter he'd have stayed with Newco in 2012 (after 4 seasons) and signed the TUPE instead of following the $$$ and moving to Sion.   

His first season at Hearts proved to be very fruitful, but his bridges are burnt.  I expect his agent is looking for another big pay packet for his client.  I do not want to see him wearing maroon.

Yet he said he took a drop in wages to go back to Ibrox. 🙄

What a crock of shite. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

You're going to look very foolish if it does happen. 😀

2 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

We’re not in the market for a striker. Whelan deal will be done this week and if we get the Japanese guy from Man City then that will be us until the next window. Washington will be the main man this year and it’s still hoped for Uche to be his partner. Not forgetting Keena and Maclean are still there with walker and Mulranney. Get a strong midfield and Naismith reverts to a traditional number 10. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Yet he said he took a drop in wages to go back to Ibrox. 🙄

What a crock of shite. 

And yet nobody from either club has denied it? Not even an in the know journalist or a club "source". 

Forever Hearts
Just now, Saughton Jambo said:

We’re not in the market for a striker. Whelan deal will be done this week and if we get the Japanese guy from Man City then that will be us until the next window. Washington will be the main man this year and it’s still hoped for Uche to be his partner. Not forgetting Keena and Maclean are still there with walker and Mulranney. Get a strong midfield and Naismith reverts to a traditional number 10. 

I'd love to forget that Maclean was still there. I really would. 

3 hours ago, bmxweeman said:

Not sure if this adds to any rumours but a car drove passed me at sherrifhall heading westbound and the driver looked suspiciously like KL, I thought it was him when he was along side and when he was clear the private plate gave it even more substance. Thought KL was banned from driving for a year last August though. Probably nothing in it 

White Landrover? 

6 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Disaster if our striking options are Washington, Uche, Keena and Maclean 

YouLetYourClubDie
8 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Levein is that desperate now that it would not surprise me if it happens. One goal from a striker so far in Naismith who he is intent on wasting on the left of a midfield 4. 

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

And yet nobody from either club has denied it? Not even an in the know journalist or a club "source". 

The clubs don't need to make it known how much they pay him. 

Think it's unlikely we would be paying him more than Rangers especially with his gambling debts. 

Possible but very unlikely IMO. 

7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'd love to forget that Maclean was still there. I really would. 

Agree with you on that one. 

1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Disaster if our striking options are Washington, Uche, Keena and Maclean 

Get used to it my friend. That’s our options and the management feel they’ll get us goals if they get good service. Personally i’d keep Washington and Keena and not really fussed about the other two. I think another striker would keep everyone fresh though! 

If we sign Meshino and Whelan, then it’s clear to me that we’ll move away from front two hoofball.  That said, we’d play 1 striker from Washington, Uche, Keena and MacLean, then an attacking midfield three from Meshino, Naismith, Walker, Mulraney and Clare.  Whelan and Damour sitting in midfield until Haring returns.

With that in mind, I don’t think a striker is a priority.

Edited by Gashauskis9

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

K7 LAF by any chance? Seen it today at fairmilehead ???

A look at me number plate.

29 minutes ago, bmxweeman said:

Yea white land rover type car 

Definitely not him bud, that’s someone in my street. 👍

heartsfc_fan
37 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

K7 LAF by any chance? Seen it today at fairmilehead ???

Not him. I saw that the other day at Newcraighall. It was a blonde woman in her 40s driving, unless Lafferty is having an affair.

37 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

If we sign Meshino and Whelan, then it’s clear to me that we’ll move away from front two hoofball.  That said, we’d play 1 striker from Washington, Uche, Keena and MacLean, then an attacking midfield three from Meshino, Naismith, Walker, Mulraney and Clare.  Whelan and Damour sitting in midfield until Haring returns.

With that in mind, I don’t think a striker is a priority.

I’d tend to agree.

We’ve got Denzel, Uche, Naisy, MacLean, Keena as strikers

Then we’d have Walker, Naisy, Mulraney, Meshino, McDonald, Zanatta, Morrison as wingers/attacking mids/forwards, whatever pigeon hole you want to stick them in.

4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 seems the way to go.

YouLetYourClubDie
5 minutes ago, jake said:

I hate lafferty in the same way I hate snake Pressley.

Pair of snide snake rat faced rats.

And Lafferty is shite.

Wow. He would be our best striker by far so who knows what that make us atm. Folk slagging him for goals in the League Cup are the same vevel as teams we struggled to score against this summer.

Edited by YouLetYourClubDie

the Hearts way
4 minutes ago, jake said:

I hate lafferty in the same way I hate snake Pressley.

Pair of snide snake rat faced rats.

And Lafferty is shite.

Ffs, have a word with yourself and take a long deep breath too.

43 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Not him. I saw that the other day at Newcraighall. It was a blonde woman in her 40s driving, unless Lafferty is having an affair.

As above, this person lives in my street. Not Kyle! 👍👍👍

47 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

😂😂😂 I thought it was the boy from white snake 

Italian Lambretta

As much as im a big laff fan that ship has sailing we need to get behind Washington and give him all our support

Captain America

I've said before I'd take him back but on an incentive based deal. 

Low basic wage and high goal/win bonus, he needs motivation to do well.

In his last spell, for the first part NI still had chance of WC qualification so he was bursting gut and playing well to get in the squad. Once they didn't qualify then his motivation turned to getting his 'dream' move to Rangers. 

Not sure how NI are placed in current qualifying for Euro 2020 but making the NI squad could be right motivation for him playing well.

Until our strikers outwith Naismith ( who is playing wide as opposed to striker at the moment.) start scoring then people will talk about Lafferty. 10 competitive games since one of Uche, Maclean, Washington or Wighton has scored is a shocking stat even more so when 4 of those games were against lower league opposition.

Craig knows this his last chance in management, if it were me I'd take risk on him.

Hearts of Vladland
34 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

As above, this person lives in my street. Not Kyle! 👍👍👍

In Currie?

2 minutes ago, Captain America said:

I've said before I'd take him back but on an incentive based deal. 

Low basic wage and high goal/win bonus, he needs motivation to do well.

In his last spell, for the first part NI still had chance of WC qualification so he was bursting gut and playing well to get in the squad. Once they didn't qualify then his motivation turned to getting his 'dream' move to Rangers. 

Not sure how NI are placed in current qualifying for Euro 2020 but making the NI squad could be right motivation for him playing well.

Until our strikers outwith Naismith ( who is playing wide as opposed to striker at the moment.) start scoring then people will talk about Lafferty. 10 competitive games since one of Uche, Maclean, Washington or Wighton has scored is a shocking stat even more so when 4 of those games were against lower league opposition.

Craig knows this his last chance in management, if it were me I'd take risk on him.

I agree with all this. 

Our strikers are rubbish (although I do believe Washington will come good). Uche is a tank who has a high work rate but unfortunately can't play football, let alone do what he was employed to do = scoring goals. I do appreciate why people like him but I've been getting frustrated with him of late (diving, being selfish on the ball and generally losing it etc etc). Maclean has past it and Wighton is useless. Keena could come good but we only see him once in a blue moon.

I'd take Lafferty back in a second. He can score goals. 

47 minutes ago, the Hearts way said:

Ffs, have a word with yourself and take a long deep breath too.

Breathe in.

Jake calm doon.

Hes a snide .

And hes shite.