Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

portobellojambo1
25 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So should we limit all future signings to whether or not Steven Naismith is pals with them?

I'm not one of those that falls into the camp that Naismith doesn't like Lafferty. I also wouldn't discount Lafferty reappearing at Tynecastle in the very near future nor have any thoughts about Naismith not appearing at Motherwell on Friday, unless the belief is he didn't reappear Saturday second half because of injury.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

For all those Lafferty lovers let us be clear that his move back to Ibrox last season was solely due for his need for a larger pay packet to feed his gambling debts and not his overwhelming desire to play for the club he supports. Surely if he was such a big supporter he'd have stayed with Newco in 2012 (after 4 seasons) and signed the TUPE instead of following the $$$ and moving to Sion.   

His first season at Hearts proved to be very fruitful, but his bridges are burnt.  I expect his agent is looking for another big pay packet for his client.  I do not want to see him wearing maroon.

We took back Webster and Stevenson, so I've no issues if Lafferty signs. I don't care if the guy sings the sash in the warm up whilst doing the red hand, as long as he does the business on the pitch.

That's the problem the last few years, the club haven't focused on what matters to the fans - winning games and entertaining. It's time we done that, and Lafferty will help with both.

8 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

Was told he’s at tynescastle, could be shite though 

Peter Odemwinge style 🤣

Pay as you play only offer we should entertain. He admitted not training at Rangers...what do folks expect at Tynie ?

When will you realise, the problem isn't so much with the players it's the tactics laid down by the head coach and we know who that is dont we. 

If Lafferty comes now, I'd question the clubs motive. 

When asked two weeks ago Levein didn't exactly give Lafferty a glowing reference, said he was happy with his options, confident Washington would find his feet, Naismith coming back. 

Two poor results later, fans are calling for Levein's head. I don't believe for a minute Levein has changed his mind about Lafferty. I agree, and don't think he's good enough to warrant the baggage that comes with him. If Lafferty comes for a year I see it as Levein and Ann Budge using it to get vocal fans on board and burying growing talk of managerial change for now. That doesn't help anybody - the current manager, the squad, the fans, the player or any potential new manager. 

It's still a resounding no from me. 

Edited by blairdin

Gimme an H...
3 minutes ago, dustybin said:

When will you realise, the problem isn't so much with the players it's the tactics laid down by the head coach and we know who that is dont we. 

Levein didn't ask anyone to pump long balls to Uche and Washington on Saturday.

Naismith would not be at Hearts if our players were being asked to play shite football.

The manager can only do so much, once the whistle goes it's up to the players.

Just now, Gimme an H... said:

Naismith would not be at Hearts if our players were being asked to play shite football.

You know there more truth in this than most Hearts fans realise. I was pleased with the line up and how we set up but then the whistle went 😬

CL was asked on TV before the weekend's game about KL and said that he "has enough grey" hair with out KL adding to it. And added that KL wont be returning to Tynecastle.

2 minutes ago, blairdin said:

If Lafferty comes now, I'd question the clubs motive. 

When asked two weeks ago Levein didn't exactly give Lafferty a glowing reference, said he was happy with his options, confident Washington would find his feet, Naismith coming back. 

Two poor results later, fans are calling for Levein's head. I don't believe for a minute Levein has changed his mind about Lafferty. I agree, and don't think he's good enough to warrant the baggage that comes with him. If Lafferty comes for a year I see it as Levein and Ann Budge using it to get vocal fans on board and burying growing talk of managerial change for now. That doesn't help anybody - the current manager, the squad, the fans, the player or any potential new manager. 

It's still a resounding no from me. 

To be fair Leveins hardly going to tell the press, “aye, i’d feckin love Kyle back”.

I think he will end up back here but it’ll be on our terms if he really wants to come back and of course, we can’t guarantee him to start every week now so he’d have to play well to stay in the team.

Remember he also said he’d sign 3 or 4 and said we weren’t after a keeper but we have been looking for a keeper since last January. 

The reason we’ve waited is to do with windows closing and players being more available than they were a month or two earlier. We could have signed others in July but I doubt they’d have been of the same level.

4 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

Your middle sentence is nonsensical. 

3 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Perhaps many never seen it at the time, but Lafferty’s celebrations at the Roseburn end that time they beat us at Tynecaslte when he came on (think it was 3-1) was up there with Presssley in terms of rubbing it in. Found it hard to like the guy since then and felt it ruined his legacy with us, never seen the like from Hartley, Gordon etc, could have had a bit respect for us.

Spot on - but he's a good Proddy laddie or some such bullshit, so some fans will forgive him that no bother but won't forget Pressley telling that tosser Romanov to get to ****.

The absolute last thing Hearts need is Lafferty back.

Forever Hearts
26 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

For all those Lafferty lovers let us be clear that his move back to Ibrox last season was solely due for his need for a larger pay packet to feed his gambling debts and not his overwhelming desire to play for the club he supports. Surely if he was such a big supporter he'd have stayed with Newco in 2012 (after 4 seasons) and signed the TUPE instead of following the $$$ and moving to Sion.   

His first season at Hearts proved to be very fruitful, but his bridges are burnt.  I expect his agent is looking for another big pay packet for his client.  I do not want to see him wearing maroon.

His wage packet was smaller when he moved to Rangers from Hearts. 

Heartsofgold
5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

His wage packet was smaller when he moved to Rangers from Hearts. 

Only because his Norwich deal had fully expired.  Sevco offered more than we were willing to cough up to sign him.

Really have put ourselves in a bad position here in my opinion, our strikers atm couldn't score in a brothel are we in a position to be turning down the last player that scored a significant amount of goals for us during his stint her I'll let others be the judge of that. What i will say as Motherwell approaches his strikers and more importantly his team better do him a turn on Friday night or it could be looking very bad for Craig. 

4 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Perhaps many never seen it at the time, but Lafferty’s celebrations at the Roseburn end that time they beat us at Tynecaslte when he came on (think it was 3-1) was up there with Presssley in terms of rubbing it in. Found it hard to like the guy since then and felt it ruined his legacy with us, never seen the like from Hartley, Gordon etc, could have had a bit respect for us.

In saying that, we need goals and the fans need a bit of a lift, he can potentially give us both so on board with it

Couldn't care less what they do at other clubs. Big deal, he celebrated a victory with his team-mates and didn't go near Hearts fans when he did it. Pressley situation was a bit different for two reasons...firstly, Celtic fans hated him for being an ex Rangers and ex-Hearts player and it was a sad and desperate sight watching him trying to suck up to them like he did. He also didn't go anywhere near Hearts fans when he did that but he ended up looking more foolish than anything else. Secondly, it was partly an up yours to Romanov after he got the chop for speaking the truth. I was over what he did in 10 seconds that day and even laughed about it in the pubs that night. And after years of the same nonsense on kickback about it, some people need to catch a grip at times. He was even applauded when he turned out for a match of the two Cup winning teams of 98 & 06 against each other. You're wrong about Gordon.  Seen him time-wasting when we've tried to get the ball of him at the end of games or taking time to take a goal-kick as well as clenching a fist towards the Celtic fans when they've beaten us. Amazing that so many see what they want to see and ignore the rest.

As for whether or not Lafferty returns....not bothered either way. Could do with his experience up front and he knows where the goals are, however, if he comes, he comes. He doesn't, he ends up at one of our rivals. Time will tell.

Not sure if this adds to any rumours but a car drove passed me at sherrifhall heading westbound and the driver looked suspiciously like KL, I thought it was him when he was along side and when he was clear the private plate gave it even more substance. Thought KL was banned from driving for a year last August though. Probably nothing in it 

maroonlegions
11 minutes ago, bmxweeman said:

Not sure if this adds to any rumours but a car drove passed me at sherrifhall heading westbound and the driver looked suspiciously like KL, I thought it was him when he was along side and when he was clear the private plate gave it even more substance. Thought KL was banned from driving for a year last August though. Probably nothing in it 

Heading for a KFC no doubt.

Glamorgan Jambo

Would certainly get quite a few of the 'Phoodle out' sorts back on board if we brought him back. Whether anyone wants them back (seeing as one of the ringleaders just got a lengthy football ban after being caught scrapping with Motherwell fans) is another thing entirely.

I'll leave it to the judgement of the guy in my avatar and Mrs Budge.

Who_put_the_ball_in...

Who needs him? I much prefer guys that bagged 6 last season or haven’t scored a club goal in about 18 months

doctor jambo
Just now, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

Who needs him? I much prefer guys that bagged 6 last season or haven’t scored a club goal in about 18 months

Pretty much sums up Lafferty to be fair.

I liked him when he was here, but he has been a disaster for a year on and off the pitch.

Who_put_the_ball_in...
4 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Pretty much sums up Lafferty to be fair.

I liked him when he was here, but he has been a disaster for a year on and off the pitch.

I don’t think CL is the type to have a maveric in his dressing room so this will be a nonstarter 

Forever Hearts
31 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Would certainly get quite a few of the 'Phoodle out' sorts back on board if we brought him back. Whether anyone wants them back (seeing as one of the ringleaders just got a lengthy football ban after being caught scrapping with Motherwell fans) is another thing entirely.

I'll leave it to the judgement of the guy in my avatar and Mrs Budge.

What could possibly go wrong given his past record? 

Forever Hearts
45 minutes ago, bmxweeman said:

It's August one year on. His ban will be up. 

Clubs are lining up to sign him anyway, no sense in getting involved in a bidding war when we have other issues that need addressing. 

Forever Hearts
18 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.

It'll need more than thoughts and prayers to get me through this but thanks all the same. 

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It'll need more than thoughts and prayers to get me through this but thanks all the same. 

👍

38 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Devastated. 😥

Plenty of other Irish laddies to support in the team.

Doyle, White, Smith, Whelan, Mulraney, Keena 🤷‍♂️

Bring the 7” foot man back we need a player of his stature as I think Naismith gonna be a sick note player for us this season he’s got his contract wash Lafferty walker 

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Plenty of other Irish laddies to support in the team.

Doyle, White, Smith, Whelan, Mulraney, Keena 🤷‍♂️

And every one of them gets my full support. Not like you to go down the sectarian angle. 🙄

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

And every one of them gets my full support. Not like you to go down the sectarian angle. 🙄

What’s sectarian about that? 🤦‍♂️

Forever Hearts
14 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

What’s sectarian about that? 🤦‍♂️

Why those players and not Washington? 

Jambo 4 Ever
25 minutes ago, euan 10 said:

Bring the 7” foot man back we need a player of his stature as I think Naismith gonna be a sick note player for us this season he’s got his contract wash Lafferty walker 

Why would you wash lafferty?