Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

StevenNaismith

There’s more chance of Craig asking me to dig out my togs and play on Friday than Lafferty coming back. He’s not liked by any of the folk that make the decisions at the club. It’s that simple. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

6 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

I was also told that Naismith has no time for him, I would imagine because Naismith is a switched on guy who puts family and security first whereas Lafferty is nothing but a waster.

Exactly

annushorribilis III
6 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

I was also told that Naismith has no time for him, I would imagine because Naismith is a switched on guy who puts family and security first whereas Lafferty is nothing but a waster.

That dire cup game at Fir Park two seasons ago - Naismith roasted him for the entire game. There is no way he is coming back to Hearts. 

22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The fans that would most celebrate this signing are the ones that won't change thier mind regarding CL. 

Be like the SNP or lib dems reaching out to brexit party voters, pointless in that regard. 

In regards to football, he scored a fair amount and the quality of his goals was good for us. 

Only the negative side-

Would he be value for money? Naismith doesn't like him, he couldn't wait to leave us, his general contribution wasn't great outside his goals-he was often honking. 

He has personal issues. 

If he signs he might add something, if he doesn't then we might be dodging a bullet. 

Good summary. 

Think the club are of the opinion he is more trouble than he is worth. 

There is not much point in constantly discussing it anyway because he is not coming back. 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

He just wasn't that good, we need players who can score in games like Saturday's and that was never his forte. Ultimately he did well in 2 games against Celtic, scored against Hibs and helped us finish 6th. No better than last season. The biggest game he played in was the cup quarter final against Motherwell and he was poor. 

19 goals 

3 against Celtic 

1 against Hibs 

1 against rangers 

that leaves 14 against everyone else.... 

Hackney Hearts
23 minutes ago, campbell said:

19 goals 

3 against Celtic 

1 against Hibs 

1 against rangers 

that leaves 14 against everyone else.... 

2 against East Fife

1 against Elgin City

1 against Peterhead

These are "Shankland" goals (in some people's view).

He scored 12 league goals.

SwindonJambo

Can’t believe this is still rumbling on. It’s abundantly clear that there’s zero chance of him returning. He’s clearly an extremely high maintenance troublesome individual. At 32, his usefulness is likely to decline rapidly, especially with his poor attitude to training.

25 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

2 against East Fife

1 against Elgin City

1 against Peterhead

These are "Shankland" goals (in some people's view).

He scored 12 league goals.

So 9 against the teams like Ross county who you claimed he didn’t do it against, whether you like him, hate him, want him back or don’t want him back your comment is simply not true! 

For me id take his goals in a heart beat but the negative outweigh the positives, but let’s not pretend that he wouldn’t improve our squad 

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

Can’t believe this is still rumbling on. It’s abundantly clear that there’s zero chance of him returning. He’s clearly an extremely high maintenance troublesome individual. At 32, his usefulness is likely to decline rapidly, especially with his poor attitude to training.

This. He’s no coming people, dry yer eyes ffs

CloustonHMFC

I received a text from someone saying he’s signed a one year contract and it’ll be announced tomorrow. Don’t know how reliable it is though, he’s been right and wrong before. I’ve messaged someone else to ask what they know but as of yet I haven’t had a reply.

I would be very surprised if this actually happens though. 

Away up in Gorgie
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The fans that would most celebrate this signing are the ones that won't change thier mind regarding CL. 

Be like the SNP or lib dems reaching out to brexit party voters, pointless in that regard. 

In regards to football, he scored a fair amount and the quality of his goals was good for us. 

Only the negative side-

Would he be value for money? Naismith doesn't like him, he couldn't wait to leave us, his general contribution wasn't great outside his goals-he was often honking. 

He has personal issues. 

If he signs he might add something, if he doesn't then we might be dodging a bullet. 

Your first line is laughable bullshit. I won’t change my mind on Levein but I also don’t want Lafferty anywhere near Hearts. It was obvious even when he was contributing and scoring goals that most within Hearts thought him an extremely dubious character who was anything but a good example but they gave him some leeway. They were delighted to see the back of him and receive a fee. It seems highly improbable they would welcome him back and frankly I’m fine with that. Not wanting to see Levein anywhere near our dugout has nothing whatsoever to do with Lafferty’s return or otherwise. 

Edited by Away up in Gorgie

8 hours ago, Jodami said:

You can talk about the 19 goals, a complete outlier in his career, but watching him he was ordinary. No assists, little link up and can't head the ball. The issues at the club just now are coaching and style related, the true potential of the squad isn't realised until that changes. Acquiring more players changes nothing. 

Exactly, it's the tactics that's the problem. 💩

Lafferty is not a good footballer, but he did score for us, something we struggle to do, even against some so called lesser sides. 

However, his attitude stinks (in complete contrast to Naismith), and he done his best to force us to sell him to his beloved Rangers.   The fact that his attitude stunk, and he barely tried even with them, should be treated as a red flag. 

On balance, I am inclined to give him a miss, but won’t lose my shit if he did sign. 

6 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Lafferty is not a good footballer, but he did score for us, something we struggle to do, even against some so called lesser sides. 

However, his attitude stinks (in complete contrast to Naismith), and he done his best to force us to sell him to his beloved Rangers.   The fact that his attitude stunk, and he barely tried even with them, should be treated as a red flag. 

On balance, I am inclined to give him a miss, but won’t lose my shit if he did sign. 

Nothing to do with him not trying or his attitude at Rangers. He should’ve told Gerrard about the dick pics, he never and that killed any chance he had to build a relationship with Gerrard. Made even worse by the fact that he never told Michael O’Neil either and that caused aggro between NI amen rangers as Lafferty pulled out the squad to try do damage limitation with his family before the pic surfaced. 

8 hours ago, Jodami said:

A penalty and then missed a chance to put us in front. The only success that day was Milinkovic and he only played the second half. Your big players are supposed to deliver in games that matter and he clearly failed in our biggest game of the season. 

I'm not going to even dip a toe into any of the other waters, there's no need as it's solely about quality and how a player would fit into the team. You carry on though... 

Ross Callaghan cost us that day no one else . 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Not being intentionally arsey, but why do you say that?

Too much baggage 

The Treasurer
9 hours ago, Newton51 said:

I would normally agree but they must know about the supporter unrest at the moment and this might get the fans off their back

I hardly think signing a player who couldn't wait to leave us and is still going on about his "dream of watching his team winning the league" is going to get the fans onside

4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Nothing to do with him not trying or his attitude at Rangers. He should’ve told Gerrard about the dick pics, he never and that killed any chance he had to build a relationship with Gerrard. Made even worse by the fact that he never told Michael O’Neil either and that caused aggro between NI amen rangers as Lafferty pulled out the squad to try do damage limitation with his family before the pic surfaced. 

So in his interview blaming his poor training at Ibrox restricting his games was to hide the real reason about his Tadgergate incident. 

That would probably make sense because it was a weak excuse to use the training being poor because he could easily have upped that to play for his beloved Rangers. 

He is a complex and unreliable individual who has many demons and issues off the park. 

Forever Hearts
13 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

He's not coming back so yous can all put Yer Union jacks away. 

Fact. 

Would be great if he did, if only to annoy the snowflake brigade.  

8 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Teddy Sheringham and Andy Cole hated each other. 

But that didn’t matter when it came to the football pitch. 

That's because both players were miles above Lafferty in ability and professional off the park. 

Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Teddy Sheringham and Andy Cole hated each other. 

But that didn’t matter when it came to the football pitch. 

And Emlyn Hughes and Tommy Smith. Anybody who thinks every dressing room is a hive of harmony and togetherness is living in cloud cuckoo land. 

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I hardly think signing a player who couldn't wait to leave us and is still going on about his "dream of watching his team winning the league" is going to get the fans onside

To say he is not the brightest guy ia a huge understatement. 

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Don't think even his biggest fan would disagree on that

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The thing stupid people have is unwavering self belief. 

As Levein got no credit for getting to the Scottish Cup final because it was a piss easy run similarly the same people should discount Lafferty’s goal in the group stages of the league cup as they were piss easy teams.

So that’s 15 goals he got - not bad but even then not a stat that he has repeated often if at all in 15 years

8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Craig's gone off goalscorers.  It's all part of a great plan.

He doesn’t like wingers either. We are so narrow it’s no wonder the ball gets hoofed up the park every 5 minutes. Get some width into the team and we might start opening more doors.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Your first line is laughable bullshit. I won’t change my mind on Levein but I also don’t want Lafferty anywhere near Hearts. It was obvious even when he was contributing and scoring goals that most within Hearts thought him an extremely dubious character who was anything but a good example but they gave him some leeway. They were delighted to see the back of him and receive a fee. It seems highly improbable they would welcome him back and frankly I’m fine with that. Not wanting to see Levein anywhere near our dugout has nothing whatsoever to do with Lafferty’s return or otherwise. 

My point still stands. 

I never said all fans. 

Just "the fans", signing Lafferty as some kind of peace offer is pointless. 

I was responding to another poster who suggested he may be signed to appease fans. Pointless and won't happen for that reason and also very unlikely for the reasons we agree on. 

Lafferty would have been no better than what we had on the pitch on Saturday.  He, like many others, struggles to get up for these types of games where the opponent has a point to prove.

I want a player who doesn’t differentiate opponents and just wants to score a shit load of goals regardless.  I think Washington is that player, he just needs better service behind him.

6 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Lafferty would have been no better than what we had on the pitch on Saturday.  He, like many others, struggles to get up for these types of games where the opponent has a point to prove.

I want a player who doesn’t differentiate opponents and just wants to score a shit load of goals regardless.  I think Washington is that player, he just needs better service behind him.

A lot of build up and expectations being put on Washington based on not a lot yet really. 

He would have had decent service at his last two clubs and scored very little there either. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Gorgie_Rules

Perhaps many never seen it at the time, but Lafferty’s celebrations at the Roseburn end that time they beat us at Tynecaslte when he came on (think it was 3-1) was up there with Presssley in terms of rubbing it in. Found it hard to like the guy since then and felt it ruined his legacy with us, never seen the like from Hartley, Gordon etc, could have had a bit respect for us.

In saying that, we need goals and the fans need a bit of a lift, he can potentially give us both so on board with it

25 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Just my opinion but he'd be a better substitute than Euan Henderson.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

He's not coming back so yous can all put Yer Union jacks away. 

:(

38 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Good post.  We lack those type of players or we’ve not had that attitude drummed in. 

Rocky jamboa
10 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I know for a fact that Naismith doesn't like him and Berra was raging at his behaviour towards fans at Tynie last season and pulled him back and had words with him to try and get him to show some respect. 

When was the shareholders dinner maybe before that incident but have heard Berra wasn't keen on him from a few folk. 

The Naismith thing is 100 per cent true though and having a feeling that his input about players is highly regarded by the management. 

Anyway think the chances about him coming are extremely remote. 

Yes, the shareholder thing would have been well before that incident. 

Ah well, I would be happy to have seen lafferty back as a better finisher than anything else we have at the club but agree Berra and Naismith will be pretty influential around the club so could influence signings

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

24DB5444-3C7D-4728-83E1-8860D58A4835.jpeg

Bookmark it mate.

He's not coming back. Suck it up. 

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

No point arguing that with some of the Hearts fans on Facebook and Twitter. Loads want him back and it'll be that "boot Budgies and Lhevein fault if we don't !"

Dagger Is Back

The Lafferty we had before he joined his boyhood and clearly adult heroes, would improve us no end.

It was a mutually beneficial relationship which saw us give him a wage and a platform to put himself back on the football map. That platform saw him win his dream move. We gave him the love, care and support that a fragile person like KL needs.

We got his goals but remember NO assists.

Hope we’ve seen the back of him though. This is a guy who couldn’t do the grunt work at training for ‘his’ team. A guy who hopes he’s not playing on the day his beloved Rangers win the league.

Don’t bear him any ill will but the boat has sailed for me. 

Hackney Hearts
9 hours ago, campbell said:

So 9 against the teams like Ross county who you claimed he didn’t do it against, whether you like him, hate him, want him back or don’t want him back your comment is simply not true! 

You must be mistaking me for someone else - I didn't make any claim or pass any comment, true or untrue. I just put up some figures about his League Cup goals.

1 hour ago, EH11 2NL said:

Just my opinion but he'd be a better substitute than Euan Henderson.

Keena would have been better.  Ain’t that hard.

4 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

That's because both players were miles above Lafferty in ability and professional off the park. 

So should we limit all future signings to whether or not Steven Naismith is pals with them?

Not particularly arsed if Laff comes back or not, but with the unrest in the fanbase, couple with the fans opinions of him, it'd be a masterstroke from Budge and Levein to bring him in now.

2 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Perhaps many never seen it at the time, but Lafferty’s celebrations at the Roseburn end that time they beat us at Tynecaslte when he came on (think it was 3-1) was up there with Presssley in terms of rubbing it in. Found it hard to like the guy since then and felt it ruined his legacy with us, never seen the like from Hartley, Gordon etc, could have had a bit respect for us.

Aye but Pressley did it with Celtic whereas Lafferty did it for the huns, which is sadly far more acceptable to many of our fans.