Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Possibly. But Maclean did play well and he worked his backside off. Not sure Lafferty would have put that effort in.

But there's a good chance he would've done something Maclean was never going to do - put the ball in the Celtic net. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

7 minutes ago, OTT said:

We were playing Celtic mate. 

3 certainties in life, death, taxes and Lafferty getting it up the hooped demons.

Very true. Lafferty also would have been a huge improvement over Maclean and Amankwa at Murrayfield in the Semi.

Lafferty spent much of his time with us playing right midfield, and he’s a better option there than Walker (even if he isn’t deemed an improvement up front). 

Lafferty does have baggage but would be an improvement in the squad. If wighton is out longer-term and McLean out the picture then it’s a no brainer

A_A wehatethehibs

Would be buzzing but still going to say it’s got absolutely no chance of happening. Unless we see scarf on heid, it’s not happening 

Maybe it would be good to have a “numpty” around the dressing room. A big loveable dafty? Just saying, could lift the gloom. 

Signing Lafferty would make far too much sense for it to happen. Better to stick with guys that either don't score or are always injured, or both.

The Future's Maroon
29 minutes ago, big man said:

With the amount of injuries we seem to pick up especially with Uche out for a long spell as well this is a no brainier 

Have I missed something?!

57 minutes ago, c41rns said:

Rumour being he didn’t apply himself in training before his move. Played when it suited him and encouraged (actively or otherwise) the Union Jack brigade to become more vocal. I’d love his goals, but wouldn’t lose sleep if he didn’t sign. 

Didn't apply himself at Ibrox in training straight from his own interview

Thats for his beloved sevco. 

Anyway he ain't coming back here. 

8 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Didn't apply himself at Ibrox in training straight from his own interview

Thats for his beloved sevco. 

Anyway he ain't coming back here. 

There have been a few quality players that have admitted they didn't train well. 

I'm sure Matt le tissier was one. 

I'd put money on gazza not training hard as well. 

1 hour ago, Sagan said:

There have been a few quality players that have admitted they didn't train well. 

Jim Baxter for example. Arguably the most skilful player Scotland has ever produced.

1 hour ago, Sagan said:

I'm sure Matt le tissier was one. 

I'd put money on gazza not training hard as well. 

True, but he admitted in an interview that if he had trained harder Gerrard would have played him more. 

Thats a huge incentive to play for a team he was dying to get back to and a bit strange how he wasn't prepared to up his effort and desire to do that. 

With respect Lafferty wasn't in the same league as Gazza or Matt le Tissier by a long way. 

2 minutes ago, Prof said:

Jim Baxter for example. Arguably the most skilful player Scotland has ever produced.

He was indeed but he could get away with it. 

Lafferty couldn't and he was in a different world from the brilliant Baxter. 

2 hours ago, big man said:

With the amount of injuries we seem to pick up especially with Uche out for a long spell as well this is a no brainier 

Uche out for a long spell. 

Not seen that anywhere 

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

George Best hated training. Maybe a reason his top level career was over at 27 right enough. 

That and the birds and booze but he was still some player and a superstar even if quit at an early age. 

9 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

True, but he admitted in an interview that if he had trained harder Gerrard would have played him more. 

Thats a huge incentive to play for a team he was dying to get back to and a bit strange how he wasn't prepared to up his effort and desire to do that. 

With respect Lafferty wasn't in the same league as Gazza or Matt le Tissier by a long way. 

Laffery scored 19 goals for us at the end of the day. 1 off Robbo's record. 

We have to weigh that up against his bad points. 

Edited by Sagan

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Uche out for a long spell. 

Not seen that anywhere 

Havent seen it either but would explain his current form as don’t think he has been right since he came back. Maybe that’s where the Lafferty rumours came from

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, OTT said:

We were playing Celtic mate. 

3 certainties in life, death, taxes and Lafferty getting it up the hooped demons.

That's the fourth certainty,🤣🤣🤣👏👏👏🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻I get you m8,,love special K back,,,,unlikely though,,, 

5 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

That's the fourth certainty,🤣🤣🤣👏👏👏🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻I get you m8,,love special K back,,,,unlikely though,,, 

That's actually 5 certainties if you include the special k. 

Hectormasson
2 minutes ago, Sagan said:

That's actually 5 certainties if you include the special k. 

🙈👏👏👏👏👏👏🙌🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

alwaysthereinspirit
22 minutes ago, Prof said:

No one can beat Willie Morgan or George Best for not being totally committed all the time.

Morgan, "hard work never killed anyone but why take the chance

Best, most of my money I spent on birds and booze. The rest I squandered.

12 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Havent seen it either but would explain his current form as don’t think he has been right since he came back. Maybe that’s where the Lafferty rumours came from

It would affect his form and it has done just dont see anything official that he is going to be our for a long period. 

Knowing our injury record nothing would  surprise me ☹️☹️

Rocky jamboa

Levein is in the last chance saloon. A defeat on Friday v motherwell, a big defeat at parkhead or any sort of defeat v hibs and the fan pressure on him to go will surely be too much, even for Budge. 

For that reason, I wouldn't be surprised if he brought Lafferty back. His goals could keep him his job!

16 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Laffery scored 19 goals for us at the end of the day. 1 off Robbo's record. 

We have to weigh that up against his bad points. 

Get what you are saying but as far as his career has gone stats wise that seems to be a bit of a one off season. 

Plus his attitude now must be a concern as he said if he trained harder at Ibrox he would have got more game time

If he really wanted to play for his boyhood heroes why didn't he push himself harder at training with them. 

From what I have heard he is fallen badly off the wagon with the issues he had under control at Hearts. 

3 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Levein is in the last chance saloon. A defeat on Friday v motherwell, a big defeat at parkhead or any sort of defeat v hibs and the fan pressure on him to go will surely be too much, even for Budge. 

For that reason, I wouldn't be surprised if he brought Lafferty back. His goals could keep him his job!

Could he guarantee that level of goals scoring with us again. 

Bit of a one of season when you look at his career records. 

There is also the fact he could disrupt the dressing because Berra and Naismith have no time for him at all. 

High risk factors there IMO

5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

There is also the fact he could disrupt the dressing because Berra and Naismith have no time for him at all. 

Performance related pay could be an option. 

Also, not sure that the dressing room is in much of a good state the now to be honest, and berra is finished. 

Rocky jamboa
7 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Where did you hear about Berra and Naismith having no time for him? I saw berra and lafferty together at a shareholder dinner and they seemed to get on well. 

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Why does this get consistently rolled out as a stick to beat Lafferty with? Strikers who've scored 20 goals a season throughout their career don't sign for Hearts. 

kingantti1874

We should only care about winning, would we win more with lafferty back? Without doubt. He had a knack of scoring crackers at big moments in big games, I think he could be like rudi in that some players just work at some clubs. 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

No danger Budge will sign this off

I would normally agree but they must know about the supporter unrest at the moment and this might get the fans off their back

He just wasn't that good, we need players who can score in games like Saturday's and that was never his forte. Ultimately he did well in 2 games against Celtic, scored against Hibs and helped us finish 6th. No better than last season. The biggest game he played in was the cup quarter final against Motherwell and he was poor. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Jodami said:

He just wasn't that good, we need players who can score in games like Saturday's and that was never his forte. Ultimately he did well in 2 games against Celtic, scored against Hibs and helped us finish 6th. No better than last season. The biggest game he played in was the cup quarter final against Motherwell and he was poor. 

scored 19 goals.. so he did more than you suggest, in a far weaker team

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

that poster is more concerned about union flags than hearts winning which is his right 

lafferty scored in the Motherwell game he refers to - he also for example scored that incredibly scrappy goal at murrayfield to win what looked a nailed-on 0-0 at best against st Johnstone - fairly sure he didn't score all his goals against Celtic and hibs

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You can talk about the 19 goals, a complete outlier in his career, but watching him he was ordinary. No assists, little link up and can't head the ball. The issues at the club just now are coaching and style related, the true potential of the squad isn't realised until that changes. Acquiring more players changes nothing. 

It wasn't even like we were creating loads of chances for him either in his spells with us.I mean loads just seem to come out of nothing or he created it himself.We don't have that type of player anymore.

1 minute ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

that poster is more concerned about union flags than hearts winning which is his right 

lafferty scored in the Motherwell game he refers to - he also for example scored that incredibly scrappy goal at murrayfield to win what looked a nailed-on 0-0 at best against st Johnstone - fairly sure he didn't score all his goals against Celtic and hibs

A penalty and then missed a chance to put us in front. The only success that day was Milinkovic and he only played the second half. Your big players are supposed to deliver in games that matter and he clearly failed in our biggest game of the season. 

I'm not going to even dip a toe into any of the other waters, there's no need as it's solely about quality and how a player would fit into the team. You carry on though... 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
9 minutes ago, Jodami said:

A penalty and then missed a chance to put us in front. The only success that day was Milinkovic and he only played the second half. Your big players are supposed to deliver in games that matter and he clearly failed in our biggest game of the season. 

I'm not going to even dip a toe into any of the other waters, there's no need as it's solely about quality and how a player would fit into the team. You carry on though... 

"solely about quality "

:lol:

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

I would normally agree but they must know about the supporter unrest at the moment and this might get the fans off their back

The fans that would most celebrate this signing are the ones that won't change thier mind regarding CL. 

Be like the SNP or lib dems reaching out to brexit party voters, pointless in that regard. 

In regards to football, he scored a fair amount and the quality of his goals was good for us. 

Only the negative side-

Would he be value for money? Naismith doesn't like him, he couldn't wait to leave us, his general contribution wasn't great outside his goals-he was often honking. 

He has personal issues. 

If he signs he might add something, if he doesn't then we might be dodging a bullet. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

Where did you hear about Berra and Naismith having no time for him? I saw berra and lafferty together at a shareholder dinner and they seemed to get on well. 

I know for a fact that Naismith doesn't like him and Berra was raging at his behaviour towards fans at Tynie last season and pulled him back and had words with him to try and get him to show some respect. 

When was the shareholders dinner maybe before that incident but have heard Berra wasn't keen on him from a few folk. 

The Naismith thing is 100 per cent true though and having a feeling that his input about players is highly regarded by the management. 

Anyway think the chances about him coming are extremely remote. 

CloustonHMFC
4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I know for a fact that Naismith doesn't like him and Berra was raging at his behaviour towards fans at Tynie last season and pulled him back and had words with him to try and get him to show some respect. 

When was the shareholders dinner maybe before that incident but have heard Berra wasn't keen on him from a few folk. 

The Naismith thing is 100 per cent true though and having a feeling that his input about players is highly regarded by the management. 

Anyway think the chances about him coming are extremely remote. 

I was also told that Naismith has no time for him, I would imagine because Naismith is a switched on guy who puts family and security first whereas Lafferty is nothing but a waster.

Byyy The Light
55 minutes ago, Jodami said:

🙌🏼 couldn’t agree more

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Why does this get consistently rolled out as a stick to beat Lafferty with? Strikers who've scored 20 goals a season throughout their career don't sign for Hearts. 

Didn't say throughout his career, but he has only done it once so he is anything but prolific. 

As I said his training and attitude was poor with Rangers and he admitted it. 

This is for the club he loves so the question is why is that the case. 

Furthermore his attitude would probably be even worse anywhere else. 

Personally I think he has gone football wise and his demons have resurfaced since rejoining them.