• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

7 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

You are a bit obsessed with Celtic forums mate. Tone it down.

He is, isn’t he. Suspect he has a wee soft spot for them and projects to try and hide it.

9 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Only Amazonian females

Weird taste. But ok.  

Spoiler

BB47C6E3-8AC5-4657-B8D5-4D2EB073CAD8.jpeg

Edited by gjcc

On 07/08/2019 at 14:15, Dallas Green said:

Yeah I suppose that would make sense. I didn't know he was still getting money from Norwich.

£30k a month I think

Dallas Green
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He is, isn’t he. Suspect he has a wee soft spot for them and projects to try and hide it.

That's what I'm thinking too.

4 minutes ago, red said:

Yesterday was proof that Uche is Jimmy White and Lafferty and Washington would be a great fit for us at this moment

We can’t mate. Sorry. Too many snowflakes out there may be upset that a Ned might bring a Union Jack or sing a song they don’t like......or even worse maybe upset the opposing fans! The horror! never mind our team will be top of the bottom half come the end of the season. P.S - I’m not saying for one second he would save the day I’m just saying he would help. On a side note if Hearts wanted me back and offering me more money than I was on at Hamilton I’d be off also.

4 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

We can’t mate. Sorry. Too many snowflakes out there may be upset that a Ned might bring a Union Jack or sing a song they don’t like......or even worse maybe upset the opposing fans! The horror! never mind our team will be top of the bottom half come the end of the season. P.S - I’m not saying for one second he would save the day I’m just saying he would help. On a side note if Hearts wanted me back and offering me more money than I was on at Hamilton I’d be off also.

If he was too come back, it would potentially help Levein as the fans want him back. Take the pressure off ever so slightly. 

1 minute ago, SectionN said:

If he was too come back, it would potentially help Levein as the fans want him back. Take the pressure off ever so slightly. 

Personally I am linking the 2 “other interesting things” that CL refers to as a keeper and I suspect lafferty is the 2nd one 

just seems a bit co-incidental after levein  saying there would be no more signings and after getting in a CM that something else appears on the horizon .. and after KL saying he wants back. Could be wrong though. 

9 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

He’s the exact thing this team needs right now. We are too nice.

:spoton:and this is all the way through the club. Let’s get winners and villains on the park with a wee bit of bite. Add the work rate of a Washington, the fearlessness of a Souttar and class of a Naismith and we’ll be on our way again.

It's quite strange really. Decided to pick up a ticket for the game yesterday after not renewing my season ticket so went along, watched what I was watching and there was a thought about mid-way through the second half that this was the type of game that Lafferty may well have been the difference between 1 point and 3. I'm in no way saying that he would be the answer but, it does make you think. I watched Uche in that second half and he looked completely out of breath, slow and cumbersome. I thought that maybe Levein will replace him and give Keena a chance to try something different. I was shocked when he brought someone else on instead. Does this guy not care that we don't score goals? Some interesting forward options yet few of them have looked anywhere near capable of sticking the ball in the net so far this season and I include Washington. Seems more obsessed with trying to nullify the opposition and out-think his rival manager than encourage the team to get in about it, all guns blazing. I wasn't bothered if Lafferty came back or not, but now it's getting to the stage where I couldn't give a stuff about the "baggage" that comes with him. Just sort something out Levein for the sanity of yourself and everyone else, even if it's not Lafferty. Isn't Cummings still at Hearts training and getting fit? He'll likely get up to speed, sign for someone else and knock us out of a Cup or score a winning goal or two against us in important league games. Yes, it's actually getting that bad folks that any other options could be better than the utter tripe we're being force-fed with. And I never thought we'd be so desperate for something, anything!

Edited by jambonian

8 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I think he's coming back and I would be over the moon.

This quote is going to get me through the week. No idea if you have any ITK knowledge but for this week, for me anyway you Armageddon are Laff’s big brother for Goldie83!

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Bainy said:

Release uche and get him in. Uche as much as I like the guy is abysmal. 

He plays like a Cambridge United reserve. 

4 minutes ago, Bainy said:

Release uche and get him in. Uche as much as I like the guy is abysmal. 

Guy sitting next to me yesterday to stop giving him a hard time as he’s a quality player and were lucky to have him and he was being deadly serious. My reply was he is a shocking football player. Strong as an Ox yes but as a football player shocking. I believe this guy gives his all but so far away from a Hearts player. Darren Beckford comes to mind........

7 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Guy sitting next to me yesterday to stop giving him a hard time as he’s a quality player and were lucky to have him and he was being deadly serious. My reply was he is a shocking football player. Strong as an Ox yes but as a football player shocking. I believe this guy gives his all but so far away from a Hearts player. Darren Beckford comes to mind........

I think we're just not using him right, Uche is unbelievably limited in his ability, but plenty of players have made it to the top doing one thing exceptionally well. He needs some time out of the microscope as an impact sub. Guarantee if you've been chasing Naisy and Washington for 70 minutes the last thing you're going to want is to start wrestling with the big man, especially if he's not knackered and can actually do some running too.

He's here, we need to try and find a way of playing that suits him. I thought he paired well with Lafferty in the Celtic game before Laff left. 

We need Kyle Lafferty so badly its painful. I actually think bringing him in might buy Levein some breathing room. 

Aye! lets get Lafferty in so we can give him pelters the first time he has a crap game. At the end of last season everyone was singing Uche's praises and now suddenly hes Tom Kite.  He's actually a very dangerous forward if he's played in the correct position and not just used as a big target man for hoofball. Running at defenders he is very dangerous,and when he's been used that way he's caused problems for defences and lays on goals for other people. Lafferty's goad against Celtic is a prime example.  Hearts have a track record of signing players that have scored goals for other teams but failed to score for us because we don't use them properly.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Imagine not wanting him back. Uche is ****ing pony. 

He supports Rangers and likes scoring against Celtic. That's too much for a lot of the snowflakes on here. 

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think we're just not using him right, Uche is unbelievably limited in his ability, but plenty of players have made it to the top doing one thing exceptionally well. He needs some time out of the microscope as an impact sub. Guarantee if you've been chasing Naisy and Washington for 70 minutes the last thing you're going to want is to start wrestling with the big man, especially if he's not knackered and can actually do some running too.

He's here, we need to try and find a way of playing that suits him. I thought he paired well with Lafferty in the Celtic game before Laff left. 

We need Kyle Lafferty so badly its painful. I actually think bringing him in might buy Levein some breathing room. 

Yeah you make a fair point. Squad player at best. Once upon a time folk on here thought he was good enough for the EPL! Cause he bullied some Inverness and Cowdenbeath defenders. Oh yeah and he set up a certain someone’s winner against Celtic.......

3 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Yeah you make a fair point. Squad player at best. Once upon a time folk on here thought he was good enough for the EPL! Cause he bullied some Inverness and Cowdenbeath defenders. Oh yeah and he set up a certain someone’s winner against Celtic.......

If we don't sign Lafferty its not a football decision IMO and that is unforgivable. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

If we don't sign Lafferty its not a football decision IMO and that is unforgivable. 

Why have Rangers binned him. Because he admitted himself he doesn't train well and that is a football decision 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Fully agree. Deal till the end of the season and take it from there. Absolutely no reason not to sign the guy.

Where do people think the money arrives from to make all these costly looking contracts?      From the club operating on a commercially minded basis.     Which people don't seem to like very much.       A strange bunch.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Where do people think the money arrives from to make all these costly looking contracts?      From the club operating on a commercially minded basis.     Which people don't seem to like very much.       A strange bunch.

correct

and we use our scarce resources so prudently - no money wasted in our commercially minded business - no sir none at all

31 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Aye! lets get Lafferty in so we can give him pelters the first time he has a crap game. At the end of last season everyone was singing Uche's praises and now suddenly hes Tom Kite.  He's actually a very dangerous forward if he's played in the correct position and not just used as a big target man for hoofball. Running at defenders he is very dangerous,and when he's been used that way he's caused problems for defences and lays on goals for other people. Lafferty's goad against Celtic is a prime example.  Hearts have a track record of signing players that have scored goals for other teams but failed to score for us because we don't use them properly.

"goad" great Freudian slip. 🤣

3 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

correct

and we use our scarce resources so prudently - no money wasted in our commercially minded business - no sir none at all

If you're suggesting that some of our expenditure has been less than fruitful then I agree.     But that's not the point as you may well already be aware of.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If you're suggesting that some of our expenditure has been less than fruitful then I agree.     But that's not the point as you may well already be aware of.

well it is the point if we manage our budgets better going forward then potential resource can be found now - commercially minded businesses do it all the time some even successfully

39 minutes ago, Victorian said:

We’ve just signed a midfielder from Cardiff and about to sign another one when we have An abundance of young players who can play midfield. 

Your also forgetting the 19 goals that likely secured us a higher position thus earning more monies.

On his last stint here Lafferty paid for himself. 

On 08/08/2019 at 15:25, GorgieFifeLife said:

Nah dont agree, May has had a bad time of it but has more ability than Moult and could be good for us.  

I would take Moult over May any day of the week. 

1 hour ago, red said:

We’ve just signed a midfielder from Cardiff and about to sign another one when we have An abundance of young players who can play midfield. 

Your also forgetting the 19 goals that likely secured us a higher position thus earning more monies.

On his last stint here Lafferty paid for himself. 

I'm not in favour of Lafferty returning but he would be a better acquisition than Uche has been. He is vastly over rated by our fans in my opinion and has contributed nothing other than keeping a proper striker out of the team.

BarneyBattles44
7 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Wonder how much Lafferty is looking for in terms of a weekly wage?

He's looking for the US Dollar

He’s looking to avoid ending up at Motherwell. 

Not it sure there is a point to this discussion. If we wanted him he’d most likely be back by now so for whatever reason we clearly don’t. Occam’s razor an’ all that. 

A year ago he scored the winning goal against Celtic. What a difference a year makes! I think if he signed then would get some of the fans back on board

5 minutes ago, LewisR5-1 said:

This coming from a page that is followed by bobby zlamal 🤷🏻‍♂️

E370BE7D-34F3-470E-BCB8-F4EF0C691241.jpeg

Saw that online. I thought he was off social media so not sure if it’s his official account

I'm not saying this lightly, if Kyle was in our team V Celtic in the final, we'd have won. It was neck and neck with Steven Maclean upfront FFS. 

We need him, but at the same time, he needs us. Club and player fit like a glove and if he is back, then he needs to show us he wasn't just playing for a move to rangers. It worries me now that the rangers chapter is closed for him for good he will lose motivation and become disinterested. 

Rumour being he didn’t apply himself in training before his move. Played when it suited him and encouraged (actively or otherwise) the Union Jack brigade to become more vocal. I’d love his goals, but wouldn’t lose sleep if he didn’t sign. 

34 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm not saying this lightly, if Kyle was in our team V Celtic in the final, we'd have won. It was neck and neck with Steven Maclean upfront FFS. 

We need him, but at the same time, he needs us. Club and player fit like a glove and if he is back, then he needs to show us he wasn't just playing for a move to rangers. It worries me now that the rangers chapter is closed for him for good he will lose motivation and become disinterested. 

Possibly. But Maclean did play well and he worked his backside off. Not sure Lafferty would have put that effort in.

Just now, amadjambo said:

Possibly. But Maclean did play well and he worked his backside off. Not sure Lafferty would have put that effort in.

We were playing Celtic mate. 

3 certainties in life, death, taxes and Lafferty getting it up the hooped demons.