Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

WheatfieldWarrior
27 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

So only three players under 30

Looks like we are giving youth a chance...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

iwasthere1954
7 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Some players don't settle at certain clubs. Your argument for not wanting him back is mental. He loved playing for us and we've missed his goals badly since he left. 

He didn't love us enough to stay though . He can stay with the club he really loves. 

way out west jambo

Are fans really saying they wouldn’t like to see Lafferty & Naismith linking up again next season?? Really???? ?

Lafferty is a bit of a dick but as long as he's relatively cheap I think he would be a fantastic signing. See the 1-0 Celtic game at the start of the season to see how Uche and Laff could work.

3 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

In fairness to him, Lafferty rarely gets injured compared with the other players listed.

Hard to get injured sitting on the bench :whistling:

11 hours ago, Jambotommy said:

I think many football fans really have to adapt to modern times(myself included). 

Until the late eighties, player loyalty was likely around the 90% area. A few decades later I'd put that around the 50% mark. 

I believe that nowadays, loyalty is putting in a shift once the shirt gets pulled on. When a player moves on, the loyalty becomes to that new shirt. 

Maybe being a little bit naive... But that's how I see it... 

Ultimately it’s a business. I saw someone talking on NFL Network a few months back saying in the NFL there are players from supposedly hated rivals talking professionally in the back before games about the best ways to monetize their careers. The SPFL will never get to that level, but I’m sure it’s just a job to most players and getting emotional about which company you work for wouldn’t make sense for their career. 

11 hours ago, Alan_R said:

For the naesayers ask yourself this...

Would you feel better if we could have Lafferty available for the final?

No, I'd feel better if we could have Naismith available for the final.

Would take him back 

he would score goals and is a big game player - would benefit hearts so it’s a no brainer for me. Maybe he might not think the grass is greener on the other side next time around 

Oh great, the flute and the ira song - just what we need! Regardless of what he could bring, need this like the proverbial hole in the head 

Forever Hearts
17 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Oh great, the flute and the ira song - just what we need! Regardless of what he could bring, need this like the proverbial hole in the head 

So a song is more important to you than signing a player who will score goals for Hearts? 

gorgieheart

no, look at the d*ck he made of himself when Berra had a word after a game at tynie......

bridges burned, we move on !

ToadKiller Dog

Looking at his career stats he had one good goal scoring season which just happened to be while at us. 

Anybodies guess if he would replecate that again. 

His off the field antics, sleezy dick pics to girls, serial cheat, gambling issues. 

The sectarian baggage he brings, the newspaper nonsense that goes with him, the effort the club would need to put in to keep him focused. 

The way he jumped at the chance to leave us at the first sniff of ipox calling. 

Big risk for the wage he would demand, I don't think the risk would be justified or sensible. 

upgotheheads
36 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I would have the Laff back but only on our terms, if he’s not happy with that see ya....

35 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

no, look at the d*ck he made of himself when Berra had a word after a game at tynie......

bridges burned, we move on !

I liked him as a player, his scoring record with us was decent but the thing about Lafferty was that he scored important goals in big games. Also he could strike a moving ball better than anyone I can remember in recent years at Tynecastle. That goal against Celtic when he let the ball run across him and struck it with the outside of his left foot is one I will always remember. Unfortunately his off-field antics will make it impossible for him to return to us. 

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

So a song is more important to you than signing a player who will score goals for Hearts? 

Yes 

35 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I liked him as a player, his scoring record with us was decent but the thing about Lafferty was that he scored important goals in big games. Also he could strike a moving ball better than anyone I can remember in recent years at Tynecastle. That goal against Celtic when he let the ball run across him and struck it with the outside of his left foot is one I will always remember. Unfortunately his off-field antics will make it impossible for him to return to us. 

Are you sure about that?  I would like to see him back, at least I think I would.  Certainly wouldn't burst into tears if it happened.

letsalldothebeattie

Not for me. Said he loved it with us and couldn’t see himself leaving as he was at a stage where he needed to be playing regularly then fecks off to the New Club to sit on the bench and barely get any minutes. Better options out their surely 

WheatfieldWarrior
8 hours ago, tian447 said:

Hard to get injured sitting on the bench :whistling:

That occurred to me as well - I can't remember Jock the Jambo missing many games for us either,  but I was thinking of his last season with us - think he missed 1 or 2 games or started from the bench through injury.

joondalupjambo

I just got fed up watching him play poorly in terms of overall contribution in the lesser games.  Not a good option when we need 11 committed players.  Also when you look at his scoring record for us how many did he bag where we did not win the game?  Looks like out of the 19 goals, 7 of them came in games we lost and 1 in a drawn one.   I am not one for going back unless the player is special, Rudi is the prime example and for me Lafferty and his wage demand would not be the best of options.

Fxxx the SPFL
3 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Looking at his career stats he had one good goal scoring season which just happened to be while at us. 

His off the field antics, sleezy dick pics to girls, serial cheat, gambling issues. 

The sectarian baggage he brings, the newspaper nonsense that goes with him, the effort the club would need to put in to keep him focused. 

Big risk for the wage he would demand, I don't think the risk would be justified or sensible. 

spot on with the baggage and he only turns up for the big games

Forever Hearts
10 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

spot on with the baggage and he only turns up for the big games

And the last thing we need is a player who scores important goals in big games. 

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Are you sure about that?  I would like to see him back, at least I think I would.  Certainly wouldn't burst into tears if it happened.

Anyway, doesn't CL have an IQ requirement which KL doesn't reach??

Edited by upgotheheads

13 hours ago, Official_AB said:

People complaining about getting real quality ?

Can you imagine: 

Gordon 

Smith Souttar Berra Wallace 

Haring Adam 

Lafferty Naismith Bryson 

Uche 

people saying theyd turn this down ???

I mean, I really don't see us getting Adam or Bryson even if I'd like to. Wallace and Gordon are already made of glass which makes me shudder to think how often they'd end up injured here if this seasons anything to go by

Fxxx the SPFL
38 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

And the last thing we need is a player who scores important goals in big games. 

big Uche does that.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

big Uche does that.

He's scored 3 in about 18 league games. Hardly prolific. 

Fxxx the SPFL
8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

mayb'e not but he does more  work rate in fifteen minutes that Lafferty does in a whole game

gorgieheart
44 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

3 in 16

50 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

mayb'e not but he does more  work rate in fifteen minutes that Lafferty does in a whole game

Work rate alone doesn’t win games, goals do. He’s a prolific goal scorer in this league & we are missing goals.

Sammon, Watt, Vanecek, MacLean are just some of the strikers we have had who haven’t done the job. Lafferty has done the job scored the goals and if he was to become available surely it’s an easy decision to get him back. 

I was annoyed that he went to rangers but I can see the bigger picture that he would improve our squad and surely our goal difference.

OmiyaHearts

I'd take him back in a heartbeat. The only big-game player we have had the last few years.

However, I appreciate his wage would likely be a bit too much for us. 

Assuming his wages were on the higher end I'd say no if it meant we could recruit better players to fill other positions. But he was very good for us and we have definitely missed him this season

Special Agent Dale Cooper
7 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

This. Top post.

I would have taken Lafferty back but the way he acted on his first visit back to Tynecastle after signing for Rangers has put me right off him. Over the top celebrations and pushing Berra in the back when Berra pulled him up about it just highlighted how much of a muppet the guy is.

I cant see us re-signing him with all of the off field baggage he carries as well.

18 hours ago, Official_AB said:

People complaining about getting real quality ?

Can you imagine: 

Gordon 

Smith Souttar Berra Wallace 

Haring Adam 

Lafferty Naismith Bryson 

Uche 

people saying theyd turn this down ???

Not a bad team but I'd replace Lafferty. 

?

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I'd rather take scott ****ing Brown than Lafferty. 

Not surprising. 

11 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

:trippin:

gorgieheart
15 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Two Cheeks of the same rancid chokey-hole !