Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

King Of The Cat Cafe

We need to keep an eye on his Twitter account.  If he starts posting about his musical love for Maroon 5 then be afraid: be very afraid.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

portobellojambo1
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Lee Wallace? Craig Gordon?

3 minutes ago, livi said:

Lee Wallace and Craig Gordon is my guess. ?

Those were the names mentioned. In terms of Kyle Lafferty I know he wasn't endorsed by all HMFC fans but he did fit into the way we played well, and scored goals against many more clubs than simply Celtic. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and in mine if he were to come back I think he would benefit us in general and also specifically benefit Uche an awful lot. Uche, in my opinion, is struggling to play the role of our sole striker at the moment and having someone else up there to share the work with him would be a big boost. But we'll just have to wait and see how it pans out.

been here before
3 hours ago, SectionN said:

I’d take him back in a heartbeat. 

2 hours ago, GYL said:

In a Heartbeat...

1 hour ago, D4nny_ said:

I’d take him back in a heartbeat. Poll?

Its cliche time...

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Its cliche time...

The antitheses of ''I'll drive him myself''.

i wish jj was my dad

I would take Gordon. Lafferty has burnt his boats though. No idea about Wallace. He only seems to have played 5 minutes this year. 

If there is anything in this and we are also in for Bryson we will have an older team than Doddie's Dad's Army.

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Nope. Hate the prick, hated him when he played for us as well. Always a hun prick and a massively overrated big streak of pish. 

:jj:

heartsfc_fan
30 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I got speaking to someone at HT at the game today, who will remain nameless, and I believe this is in HMFC's hands to make the decision. He (Lafferty) has indicated he would like to come back and the decsion is up to HMFC. He also told me that in addition one player from each of the OF clubs will definitely be returning to HMFC next season.

Gordon and Wallace?

Cruyff Turn
44 minutes ago, livi said:

Lee Wallace and Craig Gordon is my guess. ?

The two most unneeded players we could possibly go for. Must be true.

been here before
13 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Hold on? Folk saying no??!!! I'd absolutely take him back

In a heartbeat?

Lafferty yes. 

Craig Gordon is a no brainer. How you can watch Bobby Zlamal and Colin Doyle, and not agree bringing Craig Gordon back would be a vast improvement is beyond me. 

maroonlegions
5 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Lafferty yes. 

Craig Gordon is a no brainer. How you can watch Bobby Zlamal and Colin Doyle, and not agree bringing Craig Gordon back would be a vast improvement is beyond me. 

Agree, Laff would also help Utche up front.

I believe that Lafferty has been told to find another club. Gerrard didn’t want him there in the first place. He was a Dave King signing to show that they could still 

pull in players from other Scottish clubs to placate the Orcs. I know that members of Lafferty’s family were unhappy at him leaving Hearts. I reckon he still has a couple of years at the top level left in him. I would have him back if it were an option.

10 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Utche, two goals in 13 games. Says it all.

Are we under a transfer embargo where we can only sign ex players? Novel punishment but I confess I missed what we did to deserve this. 

Lafferty is a no from me, principally due to the fact I never felt he contributed that much team wise. I thought some of our ITK types said Levein wasn't enamoured with him anyway so they were happy to get rid (which was brilliant business by the way). 

50 minutes ago, ducatiboy said:

Lafferty made his choice, went for money to pay debts, boys a head case same as Cummings, Nut!

A headcase who knows where the goals are. We need a goal scorer and I’d rather take a tried and tested player than another random punt and hope it works out.

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

No "Desperate Dan" banter?

Standards.

I now think he’s more like the big McBam brother in Electric Soup.

1 hour ago, Mooth11 said:

The amount of threads on here that regularly want to take back old players is proper cringe.

Thank God  nobody objected to Rudi coming back then..

19th may 2012 might have been so different 

5 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

He done great for us and that was to my surprise. Do I think we'd get that Lafferty coming back? Nah, just feel like we got the best out of him and his career will keep going down the way. I also want players that are honoured to play for us, I reckon he'd expect us to be honoured he is playing for us again. 

He did really well when with us, no doubt of that - best goal scorer in years. I think part of the reason was that he was incentivised to do so by the opportunity to get a big move onwards from Hearts.

That incentive would be missing if he came back and I fear we would be getting the current Lafferty rather than the lethal and motivated one we saw last time.

58 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

But weev goat big Vanecek tho ::troll::

His motivation last season was to catch The Rangers eye and earn a move back to Ibrox, with that gone, I suspect that we'd get the player who was frequently underwhelming and often dropped from the starting xi for games out with Celtic.

It's a no from me.

4 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

His motivation last season was to catch The Rangers eye and earn a move back to Ibrox, with that gone, I suspect that we'd get the player who was frequently underwhelming and often dropped from the starting xi for games out with Celtic.

It's a no from me.

fair point. The amount of effort he put into Celtic games made the rest of his output border on unprofessional.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, OTT said:

fair point. The amount of effort he put into Celtic games made the rest of his output border on unprofessional.

Player trying extra hard against a team that he hates. Shocking. 

3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Player trying extra hard against a team that he hates. Shocking. 

Okay, I was saying that his effort levels against the diddies made that look pretty bad by comparison. 

Anyway, his one game partnership with Uche looked like it might have bore fruit, but I honestly dunno if we'd get a Kyle Lafferty that wants to play football, or a Kyle Lafferty thats bored and uninterested. 

Big risk IMO. 

Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I got speaking to someone at HT at the game today, who will remain nameless, and I believe this is in HMFC's hands to make the decision. He (Lafferty) has indicated he would like to come back and the decsion is up to HMFC. He also told me that in addition one player from each of the OF clubs will definitely be returning to HMFC next season.

Wallace, Gordon and Lafferty?

Read the thread before posting!!!!

Edited by Dagger Is Back

rudi must stay

If he's interested then definatly

He knows where the goal is, and I also think he did a good job last time, goals v Hibs and Celtic, so he's a bit of a whatever off the pitch who cares. That's the industry

But the first point is crucial, wouldn't want him taking Hearts for a ride.

Edited by rudi must stay

Unlikely stuff, but yes , I'd take him back, as a back up. He knows where the bag is, he knows the Hearts treated him good, he now knows the sevco took the pish out of him. He's just the sort to get angry at them and do the business for us, maybe.

Levein to offer him a coaching role because he's from N Ireland and he's brilliant in the dressing room.?

Edited by Section Q

We got money for him, he wanted to go to his boyhood club. It has failed for him I don't think he left on bad terms with levein. Still gave it all until his last game v Celtic. 

I'd take him back....for free and his wage demands would have to be reasonable. 

Gordon 

Wallace

Naismith

Laff

Would only need a top quality centre mid and we would have a class squad

If there are better players available, fine but unlikely we are bringing in someone better than Gordon or Lafferty 

Edited by R1874

As a person, a tosser. As a goalscorer for us, decent. Made us a few quid. Dependent on the cost worth taking back imo. Never really replaced.

Official_AB

People complaining about getting real quality ?

Can you imagine: 

Gordon 

Smith Souttar Berra Wallace 

Haring Adam 

Lafferty Naismith Bryson 

Uche 

people saying theyd turn this down ???

girvanjambo
9 minutes ago, Official_AB said:

Can you imagine: 

Gordon 

Haring Adam 

Lafferty Naismith Bryson 

Uche 

After today's performance, swap Souttar for Halkett

20 minutes ago, Official_AB said:

Can you imagine: 

Gordon 

Haring Adam 

Lafferty Naismith Bryson 

Uche 

Wtf is that set-up? I’d 100% turn that down.

Looks like the least mobile team you could possibly play.

Edited by Zaba

19 minutes ago, Official_AB said:

Can you imagine: 

Gordon 

Haring Adam 

Lafferty Naismith Bryson 

Uche 

So only three players under 30

6 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

So only three players under 30

Obviously a pretty aged starting eleven, but you can't deny the quality and experience there. Cochrane, Mulraney, McDonald, Irvine, Hamilton, Halkett, Burns, Morrison all offer youth and energy. I think Adam, Bryson and Lafferty are all probably a bit far fetched but we could end up signing Wallace & Gordon at least. 

Changes are absolutely needed in the summer to add a bit of backbone to this squad. Players in Naismiths calibre are what we should be striving to try and find. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Obviously a pretty aged starting eleven, but you can't deny the quality and experience there. Cochrane, Mulraney, McDonald, Irvine, Hamilton, Halkett, Burns, Morrison all offer youth and energy. I think Adam, Bryson and Lafferty are all probably a bit far fetched but we could end up signing Wallace & Gordon at least. 

Changes are absolutely needed in the summer to add a bit of backbone to this squad. Players in Naismiths calibre are what we should be striving to try and find. 

A bad balance IMO and probably too big a wage bill

Hungry hippo
37 minutes ago, Cynic said:

As a person, a tosser. As a goalscorer for us, decent. Made us a few quid. Dependent on the cost worth taking back imo. Never really replaced.

This is pretty much where I am. I feel KL was overrated by many but would still boost our squad significantly. Would very much depend on wages though as he'll be on far more than he's worth at Rangers. If they were desperate to get rid then you never know.