• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

maroonsgotop
1 hour ago, skwif1 said:

Kyle along with Eros Grezda and Borna Barisic were reportedly given a right dressing down by SG after a rankers side were 4-0 down to a Liverpool U 23 side at half time

on Tuesday.

My question is simples, would you take Lafferty back if as reported (BBC football gossip) he has probably played his last game for the blue butt cheek.

no thanks

A_A wehatethehibs

Hearts have struggled badly in front of goal all season, and we’ve had big semi final and now a final against Celtic. Selling Lafferty and thinking we had enough to cope with his loss with the likes of Maclean and Vanacek ( ??? )was a decision which has been PROVEN wrong, we had the player under contract and had no obligation to sell to Rangers. A proven terrible call from Levein and Budge and they deserve to be called out on it no matter if the player trying to push through a move. The paltry 6 figure sum of money was not worth it. Some said “brilliant business from Budge, can’t believe our luck getting £500k for our top scorer”. What’s that cash bought us, Clare and Wighton? PISH would rather have kept Lafferty, let him throw his toys out the pram, he would have got over it.

I feel sorry for him as his move has gone exactly the way every Hearts fan predicted. Lafferty could have had the best year of his career this season at Hearts if he’d put his mind to it.

Unfortunately in my opinion the ship has now sailed in terms of Laffs career so we won’t see him back at Hearts. This year was the year we should have kept him and then sent him on his way up the M8 as a free agent this summer. Who knows he might have had even 2 cup winners medals in his pocket. Certainly we’d have had a better chance at Murrayfield with big Lafferty coming on instead of Danny Amankwaa. At least we’ll have Uche Power for Hampden.

For this summer, Hearts need to plan ahead for the future, IMO Lafferty will not be the same player any more, let him sit there and take a wage from Rangers. That’s what he wanted.

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Scored 19 goals for us and wasn’t injured for more than 2 games

definitely take him back, provided he publicly apologies for his conduct and assures he is here for hearts and no one else

This is where I’m at.

How thick can some folk be? We can’t score goals to save ourselves and people wouldn’t take Lafferty back?

1 hour ago, skwif1 said:

Kyle along with Eros Grezda and Borna Barisic were reportedly given a right dressing down by SG after a rankers side were 4-0 down to a Liverpool U 23 side at half time

on Tuesday.

My question is simples, would you take Lafferty back if as reported (BBC football gossip) he has probably played his last game for the blue butt cheek.

In a Heartbeat...would have scored at least 2 today, that's the difference between Uche and a real striker 

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

NO.     For those that would accept him back :jj_facepalm:

Yeah, imagine fans of a team who don't score goals wanting a player back who scores goals. Mental. 

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Yeah, imagine fans of a team who don't score goals wanting a player back who scores goals. Mental. 

100% this, our goal difference of -5 shows that we need someone who can score goals and he’s proven it at this level. I’d rather Lafferty than some nobody from abroad who can’t adapt to the league. Let’s be honest if Levein is staying his signing record is a hit or a miss and we know what we will get with Lafferty so it’s a safe option.

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

How many has he scored this season.

Doesnt get on the bench for Rangers with Morelos out.

I can imagine fans not being that bothered .

That mixed in with his snide behaviour will do me thanks.

Mentally sound .

AlphonseCapone

We must be the worst set of fans for wanting players or managers we've already had. Every season folk are desperate to get old players back. Move on like. 

Also folk acting like cause he scored 19 goals when he was here that season, the best season of his life, means he'll be a profilic goal scorer if he comes back, after barely kicking a ball and being a year older. Madness. 

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

We must be the worst set of fans for wanting players or managers we've already had. Every season folk are desperate to get old players back. Move on like. 

Worked out no too bad for Sir Rudi.

Forever Hearts
20 minutes ago, jake said:

How many has he scored this season.

Doesnt get on the bench for Rangers with Morelos out.

I can imagine fans not being that bothered .

That mixed in with his snide behaviour will do me thanks.

Mentally sound .

I don't care what he does elsewhere. He was settled at Hearts and scored goals for us. Only the lure of playing for the team he supports took him away from us. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

If we could get him back on loan next season where we pay him about half of his previous wage with us then yes. One of the cleanest strikers of the ball I've seen. Gets up for big games and Levein will know exactly how to deal with him. 

This. No way we should he get another signing on fee from us. 

54 minutes ago, john brownlee said:

In the lease amount of words devoted to him. No thanks.

? You could have just used one word

1 hour ago, Homme said:

It's like folk don't actually want us to do well. 

Yes I would love to have a big game, 19 goal a season striker back. 

This.

He'd be our best striker by a distance.

If we have room in the budget for a player of Lafferty's calibre, then I would rather it was spent on a creative midfielder or wide players.

To me that's a more pressing need than centre forward. 

40 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

I’m embarrassed he was ever a Hearts player. He’s a dick.

I'll take a 19 goal a season dickhead over a 0 goal striker at this point since he's the only one we've had in donkeys who can batter them in no matter the opposition. 

Birregrande

Thankfully, the fans will have no say in the matter.  For the record, I'm a yes - how many games have I been at this season where I came out thinking that we were all over teams in the 1st half but just didn't score...  He'd possibly make the difference, but the deal would have to heavily favour us I think.

julienbrellier

People that wouldn’t take Lafferty back :facepalm: wow just wow. A proven goal scorer who always performed in the big games. 

Laff and Uche with Naismith behind, sounds shite doesn’t it?

26 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

For the naesayers ask yourself this...

Would you feel better if we could have Lafferty available for the final?

Because of whom our opponents are?  Yes, just for this one game.

That's your question answered.

As a Hearts player again?  No.

Not a hope in hell ! Thought he was a big time Charlie and moved back to his former employees where’s he thought he’ll re establish his form when there before ..... let him rot ! 

CloustonHMFC

Up until they played us at Tynie I would have had him back in a heartbeat but after that? No thanks. I’d rather we spent the money on someone else, who at least has a bit of respect. 

Edited by clouston1992

heartsfc_fan

Don't like the guy. Got a heck of a lot of making up to do.

Ability wise. He is a very good player though.

There must be other goal scorers that are not Kyle Lafferty. 

We must have the most backwards thinking support out there. The only winger we could think of is Walker, last year Templeton. Next manager Burley or Sergio.

We should get Zeifuik, FFS.

Edited by jambopilms

Nah. I don't want our players thinking we're a stocking horse for the huns. I.e if you fail or can't get your move we'll still take you. Let him wind up his career at Motherwell or Linfield if he really needs that hunnish behaviour to get out of bed in the morning. 

He's almost 32 and has effectively been out of the game for the season. 

It's a tough call but I'd hope he'd be able to offer something still. 

7 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

There must be other goal scorers that are not Kyle Lafferty. 

We must have the most backwards thinking support out there. The only winger we could think of is Walker, last year Templeton. Next manager Burley or Sergio.

We should get Zeifuik, FFS.

It's lack of trust in our scouting network tbh and the realisation that 19 goal a season strikers really are rare, coupled with the fact that some players fit in at clubs and some don't.

Doesn't matter a **** what we think as supporters anyway since we have zero bearing on the scouting/transfers anyway. But if your inference is that we seek comfort in the familiar, then I'll raise you Wighton AND Vanacek. 

weegie jambo

Lets be clear, we all know Lafferty is not the sharpest tool in the box and he no doubt had his dream of returning to his hero's and making an impact, but to be honest that was never going to happen with the set up at Rangers. He was well managed (given his off field problems and lack of brain cells) at Hearts by Austin and CL and in return he gave us 19 goals in what turned out to be one of the most productive seasons in his career. I have no doubt if he returned that he could be handled in such a way that he would feel wanted and valued and once again start knocking them in. Despite the baggage and being a Hun d*** I think he could do a job for us again. It's a yes from me! 

Bridge of Djoum

Quite honestly I'd rather have Austin Lafferty. 

Kyle Lafferty is a ned ****. 

portobellojambo1

I got speaking to someone at HT at the game today, who will remain nameless, and I believe this is in HMFC's hands to make the decision. He (Lafferty) has indicated he would like to come back and the decsion is up to HMFC. He also told me that in addition one player from each of the OF clubs will definitely be returning to HMFC next season.

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Scored 19 goals for us and wasn’t injured for more than 2 games

definitely take him back, provided he publicly apologies for his conduct and assures he is here for hearts and no one else

This and tells the the media that the grass isn't always greener and der hun died

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I got speaking to someone at HT at the game today, who will remain nameless, and I believe this is in HMFC's hands to make the decision. He (Lafferty) has indicated he would like to come back and the decsion is up to HMFC. He also told me that in addition one player from each of the OF clubs will definitely be returning to HMFC next season.

Lee Wallace? Craig Gordon?

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Lee Wallace and Craig Gordon is my guess. ?