Bolton

Sooperstar

Remember a time in the 1990s when a group of guys used to come up from Bolton to watch us. They had a soft spot for us. I wonder if they still come. We know more than most how sad it is to go through possibly losing your club. 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• shaun.lawson

• XXX

• skinnybob72

shaun.lawson

Here's some background on Bolton. It all goes back a long, long, long way. Phil Gartside was their Chris Robinson/Peter Ridsdale.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/oct/11/phil-gartside-bolton-wanderers-abyss

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/11/why-bolton-have-so-much-debt.html

Maroon Sailor

Bit more encouraging for Bolton.

Proposed takeover by Football Ventures is down to the final signatures and negotiations.

20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Excellent news. Hopefully they will be able to recruit some new players before the transfer window closes, if only to take the pressure off the youngsters. 

Captain Canada

Great news but they've got a real mountain to climb just to stay in that division. What a story it would be if they managed it. 

As I’m happy as I am for Bolton they’re aren’t out the woods yet, they have -11 points in their league and unless they can do something great they will get relegated meaning money is gonna be harder to come across unless these buyers actually want to invest in the club.

Stephen_East

I see Bolton is going down the Newco route.

1895-formed company to be wound up. Asset sale to a new company.

Interesting if the english media have the guts to report what's happened HONESTLY unlike our MSM...

Dallas Green
8 hours ago, Stephen_East said:

I see Bolton is going down the Newco route.

1895-formed company to be wound up. Asset sale to a new company.

Interesting if the english media have the guts to report what's happened HONESTLY unlike our MSM...

The difference is Rangers failed to get a cva while in administration and were liquidated. Green then scooped up the assets. 

This company have bought Bolton while still in administration and they haven't failed a cva, from everything I can make out.

Stephen_East
2 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

The difference is Rangers failed to get a cva while in administration and were liquidated. Green then scooped up the assets. 

This company have bought Bolton while still in administration and they haven't failed a cva, from everything I can make out.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00043026/filing-history/MzIzOTgxNDg0OGFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

Nope. Read the above. No CVA. 1895-formed company/football club moving to Liquidation.

Staff TUPE to the new entity. The club will die regardless of the sale going through - will the English media report it honestly though?

Dallas Green
19 minutes ago, Stephen_East said:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00043026/filing-history/MzIzOTgxNDg0OGFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

Nope. Read the above. No CVA. 1895-formed company/football club moving to Liquidation.

Staff TUPE to the new entity. The club will die regardless of the sale going through - will the English media report it honestly though?

I dont see anywhere in that document, from July, that says Bolton are liquidated or being liquidated. 

This situation is not exactly the same as that disgusting institution from Glasgow.

Also, the holding company that own Bolton are called Burnden Leisure. They arent owned by a 1895 formed company.

Stephen_East
6 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

I dont see anywhere in that document, from July, that says Bolton are liquidated or being liquidated. 

This situation is not exactly the same as that disgusting institution from Glasgow.

Also, the holding company that own Bolton are called Burnden Leisure. They arent owned by a 1895 formed company.

Strange comment given you've clearly not read the document!!

There is no way this sale is a purchase of shares in the football club, as we did when we saved our club.

"pending completion of the sale of the business and assets..."
"the company's employees will be transferred to the purchasing entities in accordance with TUPE upon finalisation of the sale" 

"despite attempts to rescue the company as a going concern, it was ultimately considered that this could not be realised"

"I instructed AON PLC to conduct a review... until a sale of the business and assets was completed"

"The Joint Administrators' recommend that the Company should move from Administration to Creditors' Voluntary Liquidation"

No question Bolton Wanderers Football Club incorporated 1895 will perish. The dishonesty of the reporting in the media about this fact is another question however...

Only the pedantic would bother about this liquidation/CVA nonsense

What matters is Bolton's fans and how they feel and they feel the club will still be Bolton Wanderers

Last 5 league games:

Rochdale 5-2 Bolton

Tranmere Rovers 5-0 Bolton

Bolton P-P Doncaster Rovers

Bolton 0-5 Ipswich Town

Gillingham 5-0 Bolton

One game called off due to Bolton players being knackered and unable to fulfill the fixture.

20-2 overall scoreline.

Sitting on -11 points.

• 2 months later...
On 29/08/2019 at 11:39, Dallas Green said:

One for you Dallas....

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00043026/filing-history/MzI1MTAwNTIzMWFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

"THE procedure of dissolving a long-standing associated Wanderers company continued today with the publication of an administrators’ report on Companies House.

The Bolton Wanderers Football and Athletic Company Limited, which first came to be at the turn of the 20th century, is going through the process of liquidation after Football Ventures assumed control of the ‘golden share’ which confirms membership of the EFL as part of August’s takeover.

It is expected that liquidation will begin in the next couple of months.

As part of his duties, administrator Paul Appleton, working on behalf of Rubin and Partners, issued a statutory six-month progress report to the High Court which revealed several financial details associated with the sale of the club."

Thank god we avoided this shit-show by getting the CVA.

On 29/08/2019 at 18:53, CJGJ said:

Only the pedantic would bother about this liquidation/CVA nonsense

What matters is Bolton's fans and how they feel and they feel the club will still be Bolton Wanderers

I would never have been relaxed about Heart of Midlothian being liquidated. The Voluntary Agreement preserved our history as continuous from 1874. Why eat offal when you can have steak?

Edited by Riccarton3