*****Official Hibs v Hearts match day thread*****

Marvin

Don’t think anyone is genuinely fearful of Hibs but just can’t be bothered watching absolute shocking football again from Hearts which  we have done for the best part of six months. That said, it wouldn’t surprise me if we won 1-0. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Marvin

• iantjambo

• kila

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Hibs aren’t terrible, that’s a lazy maroon tinted statement.  That said, I agree that we’re nowhere near as bad as folk think.

Your correct they aren’t terrible but they are VERY average. 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Hibs aren’t terrible, that’s a lazy maroon tinted statement.  That said, I agree that we’re nowhere near as bad as folk think.

Correct. 

9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Dreading this game. Not a chance we’ll win it.

Exactly the sort of games we win against these chimps  

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Why did you not expect to get a ticket? Surely a super duper fan like yourself would have a guaranteed brief?

I don’t live here and am up for a family wedding.

I don’t go to as many games as most on here but I see most of them and at least I am not one of the fans that the players are confirming (as I told you) don’t help us play as openly due to all the constant booing.

I won’t boo once tomorrow and I will be a better fan than anyone who does.

Current form says a Hibs win but it's a derby and form doesn't always come into it. Revenge for the last game as long as we can put the ball in the net. 2-1 to us please!

1 minute ago, 1953 said:

Current form says a Hibs win but it's a derby and form doesn't always come into it. Revenge for the last game as long as we can put the ball in the net. 2-1 to us please!

Our Current form against Hibs suggests we will beat them as we should have 2 weeks ago as we were by far the better team.

credit card

The only way we have a chance is to put some beef and speed in the middle of the park. Olly Lee and Bozanic are not the answer - far too easily overrun. Sadly Haring and Naisy fit that bill but aren't fit. Not looking forward to this one at all which will no doubt be hoofball/sideways /backwards as usual but I'll be there praying for a miracle.  

5 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

If Wighton plays we will lose.

This.... definitely - its like playing with a man down - what Levein sees in him I'll never understand.

Just now, Mr Kipling said:

This.... definitely - its like playing with a man down - what Levein sees in him I'll never understand.

Clare will be in for him. MacLean might have earned a call up.

18 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Funny that....I heard Edwards is in line to start on Sunday, interesting tbh...but good if he has done enough to prove he is worthy of a start.

Unlike some, I haven’t gave up hope he could be a player for us in the future.

This would be great if Edward starts - its about time to mix things up a bit as our team has become a bit complacent unfortunately. 

We are playing uninteresting and predictable football. 

Edited by Mr Kipling

25 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I don’t live here and am up for a family wedding.

I don’t go to as many games as most on here but I see most of them and at least I am not one of the fans that the players are confirming (as I told you) don’t help us play as openly due to all the constant booing.

I won’t boo once tomorrow and I will be a better fan than anyone who does.

So you're a part time follower calling others out for the exact same. Cool.

Anyway, you're up for a wedding, enjoy it, share great memories with your friends and family and enjoy the game watching Hearts and focus on the positives rather than chastising others on an internet forum...advice I could do with following more often too in fairness ????

Graham Thomson
18 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

Assuming Haring is definitely out: 

Bobby

Souttar        Dikamona         Berra

Smith  Cochrane Clare Edwards Jake 

Djoum 

Uche 

Subs: Doyle, Burns, Shaugnessy, Lee, Wighton, Bozanic and Godinho. 

Normally I'd like to see Clare further forward but I think he'd be best suited to a central midfield role as he's more mobile and quicker than Djoum. 

I know many won't want Cochrane or Edwards to start but I think they deserve a chance to show what they can do and stake a claim for the final. Our midfield has been pretty poor for months, so why not try something a bit different. Edwards has a good engine in him and will close people down better than Lee. 

It's definitely risky but playing the same guys every week hasn't been working. 

Hmmm I like that ? ?

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

So you're a part time follower calling others out for the exact same. Cool.

Anyway, you're up for a wedding, enjoy it, share great memories with your friends and family and enjoy the game watching Hearts and focus on the positives rather than chastising others on an internet forum...advice I could do with following more often too in fairness ????

Not part time through choice - I was season ticket holder until I moved to London.

Hearts fans this weekend are being part time through choice - that have given the opportunity for me to get to a game of the team I support

4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Not part time through choice - I was season ticket holder until I moved to London.

Hearts fans this weekend are being part time through choice - that have given the opportunity for me to get to a game of the team I support

You chose to move to London and choose to not travel back to games...seems liked a choice to me. Plenty others do it. I don't live in Edinburgh either btw and also don't travel up often but I choose not to and wouldn't criticised others who, like me, can't be arsed going.

Edited by Taffin

14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You chose to move to London and choose to not travel back to games...seems liked a choice to me. Plenty others do it. I don't live in Edinburgh either btw and also don't travel up often but I choose not to and wouldn't criticised others who, like me, can't be arsed going.

I have a young family mate and a busy job. 

I have the sort of heart that means I like to spend time with my family at the weekend when I get the chance.

The last time I looked that meant I am not a misogynistic *****.

Moving to London to make my life better for me and my family and  can’t be used in a ‘better fan debate’ unless you are an utter twat.

Edited by Jammy T

29 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I have a young family mate and a busy job. 

I have the sort of heart that means I like to spend time with my family at the weekend when I get the chance.

The last time I looked that meant I am not a misogynistic *****.

Moving to London to make my life better for me and my family and  can’t be used in a ‘better fan debate’ unless you are an utter twat.

I'm sure the people you were berating earlier have lame excuses too so suck it up.

i wish jj was my dad
15 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm sure the people you were berating earlier have lame excuses too so suck it up.

Hardly lame. Do you expect a guy to come from London every week? 

Bobby

Souttar     Berra    Dikamona   

Smith       Lee      Edwards     Cochrane    Mulraney

Clare       Uche

4 minutes ago, kila said:

Bobby

Clare       Uche

I’d be happy with that line up. In lower tier this time and fancy us 2-0 or 2-1. 

We will surprise no-one tomorrow. Usual pish and usual attitude. I dread seeing players like Djoum on the teamsheet.

Hibs 1 Hearts 0

36 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Not sure if it’s added sarcasm here from you JJ?

But he got stuck into fans that go week in week out, who spend hundreds time and again but have reached a point where they’ve had enough. 

Even the most diehards are feeling it and some won’t go tomorrow.

There was no need for the outburst but you expect that from the high and mighty that frequent JKB. 

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

And people have Edwards in their team because....?

Haring injured, Djoum out of team if rumours true

Bozanic was horrendous v Rangers, might as well see what Edwards is like. He helped win the reserve league cup mind :whistling:

Just now, kila said:

Haring injured, Djoum out of team if rumours true

Bozanic was horrendous v Rangers, might as well see what Edwards is like. He helped win the reserve league cup mind :whistling:

Actually, he can do no worse.

12 minutes ago, kila said:

Bobby

Clare       Uche

That team would be overrun. No matter how much people dislike Djoum, he is our only midfield grafter.

No-one knows anything about Edwards at first-team level. I was hoping the days of giving players their debuts in derbies had gone. 

i wish jj was my dad
16 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Not sure if it’s added sarcasm here from you JJ?

But he got stuck into fans that go week in week out, who spend hundreds time and again but have reached a point where they’ve had enough. 

Even the most diehards are feeling it and some won’t go tomorrow.

There was no need for the outburst but you expect that from the high and mighty that frequent JKB. 

Not sarcasm. Just thought it was an odd comment.

The guy doesn't need me to defend him and I have no idea how high and mighty he is but I can't see how living in London is considered a lame excuse for not making every game.

Long time since I've been less enthused about a derby.  Certainly won't lose any sleep after a defeat but I'm predicting a 3-0 win.

It's all about the SC Final for me now.  Counting down the days.  Increasingly confident.

The Internet
46 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We will surprise no-one tomorrow. Usual pish and usual attitude. I dread seeing players like Djoum on the teamsheet.

Hibs 1 Hearts 0

Good to see Djoum getting his name back into the slot on this copy and paste post. Was Brandon last week iirc? 

27 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Not sarcasm. Just thought it was an odd comment.

The guy doesn't need me to defend him and I have no idea how high and mighty he is but I can't see how living in London is considered a lame excuse for not making every game.

Got you now.  Yes, plenty others travel from afar for bog standard league matches every other week. 

Highlights the hypocrisy from said poster. 

Edited by Debut 4

2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

No. But if they're willing to mock others who can't go. Yes. As I said, I don't go every week as I'm not far from London but I'm not on here calling people Lilly livered cowards for not going ??

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Is he??

**** knows, just scrolled down this page and seen Edwards in a few predicted line ups, just wondering why all of a sudden he is being considered.

We absolutely cannot wilt like we did last week against the huns, whoever plays they need to compete for the 90 mins. Any chance of finishing above the vermin is contingent on winning tomorrow and that message needs drummed into the players. 

1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

**** knows, just scrolled down this page and seen Edwards in a few predicted line ups, just wondering why all of a sudden he is being considered.

He better not be ???.

GorgieRules22

I’d imagine the we’ll go with the three in midfield of Haring,Djoum and Lee....I just have a hunch that Haring will play.