*****Official Hibs v Hearts match day thread*****

Marvin

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Cochrane and Smith clearly desperate to play in the final. Makes the performance of certain "experienced" players even less forgiving! 

Gonna be controversial and say that Cochrane did ok today. Especially as he's not played much 1st team football.

He's a good player on the ball but atm he's simply too light weight and lacks pace at this level, especially for a full game.

Djoum basically held the midfield together for 30 minutes, hence why he was getting booked and was giving away fouls , he was every where and was getting a bit frustrated.

I do like Cochrane, but I do not get the clamour to play him  right now. Good technical player and bags of potential but think our senior guys still offer more ( as they should)

Bozanic did very well when he came on as well.

Young Smith had a terrific Debut, but as expected, faded away as well after half time, the pace would be a big jump up.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Marvin

• iantjambo

• kila

i wish jj was my dad

Thought Harry looked composed and certainly pulled the strings for the first 30 mins. It was asking a bit much to expect him to last longer than that.

He could be a superstar alongside Haring and Naismith next season if we can keep all 3 fit

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

If he is then he needs to gain some fat. Being a professional footballer under 4% body fat would be a disgrace.

Fortunately though he isn't. He's also not 'fat' but he needs to work on his cardio and pace for me.

Would help if we used his energy at the right end of the park. If we want Uche to last 90 mins we need to stop asking him to constantly track back. He’s always gassed after an hour.

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Great, bring Justin Z into a conversation I don't understand. He always clears things up. :jj_facepalm:

**** Justin Z. 

13 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Here is a thought: we have scored more goals in Edinburgh derbies this season than Hibs...

This is a :yas: type of statistic.

Alex Kintner
3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I lost my Mum on Tuesday and I’m currently in a tiny village in Snowdonia with my big sister. The owner of the only boozer was kind enough to put the game on for me. That Uche equaliser is the first time I’ve cracked a smile since Tuesday.

In a week when football was just a game to me I’d like to thank Hearts and West Ham for dulling the pain.

Dreadful game. 2 poor teams but I’ll take the point and the Yaaasssss! When that went in

Thoughts with you and your family mate

7 hours ago, sadj said:

When i was told about him playing today I was told he’s pretty much considered the best talent we have/have had coming through the academy  over the last ten years.

I’m not clued up on the youngsters but the guys who are rate him highly

I’d agree. 

The Future's Maroon
3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I lost my Mum on Tuesday and I’m currently in a tiny village in Snowdonia with my big sister. The owner of the only boozer was kind enough to put the game on for me. That Uche equaliser is the first time I’ve cracked a smile since Tuesday.

In a week when football was just a game to me I’d like to thank Hearts and West Ham for dulling the pain.

Dreadful game. 2 poor teams but I’ll take the point and the Yaaasssss! When that went in

So sorry to hear of your loss, glad something managed to make you smile through a brutal time.

4 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Great, bring Justin Z into a conversation I don't understand. He always clears things up. :jj_facepalm:

:rofl: Sorry mate.

39 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

**** Justin Z. 

:greatpost:

4 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Sorry for your and your family's loss, Jamhammer. Chuffed the big man could bring you some joy under such rough circumstances.

1 hour ago, amadjambo said:

Would help if we used his energy at the right end of the park. If we want Uche to last 90 mins we need to stop asking him to constantly track back. He’s always gassed after an hour.

He needs to stop chasing down the keeper every time.

3 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

He'd weigh less if he didn't have defenders all over him.

Correct. Didn’t take long for him to wear a green necklace today. 

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

If he is then he needs to gain some fat. Being a professional footballer under 4% body fat would be a disgrace.

Fortunately though he isn't. He's also not 'fat' but he needs to work on his cardio and pace for me.

Thin air training is becoming a thing that might be worth the club looking into

31 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thin air training is becoming a thing that might be worth the club looking into

I think the benefits are only temporary, but if we have the budget to do it regularly then yes, it may well a good thing for us to do.

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I think the benefits are only temporary, but if we have the budget to do it regularly then yes, it may well a good thing for us to do.

Possibly something the oriam could or is looking into as opposed to the club. 

Francis Albert

Stats showed even possession and 4 shots on target each. It didn't seem that close at the time but on reflection we were more dominant than Hibs were today in the Tynie derby we lost.

Edited by Francis Albert

19 hours ago, Gambo said:

Celebrating a draw in a derby??

From staring at defeat......yes. If the roles were reversed think how gutted you would feel.

21 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

These tramps should have been rammed at Tynecastle the last time and won so they can feck off and slip their aunties a meat injection up the hoop.

:fth:

Read this for 1st time today and I'm literally :rofl:

As ever, Jonno's post-match analysis is thoughtful and bang on the money.  Look forward to your critical appraisal of our cup final opponents Jonno as we get closer to 25 May.

Commiserations Jamhammer.  We only get the one mum to treasure.  Hope you and your family and your mums friends can celebrate a long and happy life.

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

Absolutely loving the seethe from their official website ???

17210FB3-A8FB-498F-8653-1463A148CC1B.png

They are so Celtic 

1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

What a load of feckin tripe. They dominated for last 10 min first half and 55th to 80th minute second half. Overall a very even game and another 10 minutes and we'd have won IMO

On 29/04/2019 at 18:21, ShedBoy said:

Hibs are a bitter little club.

On 29 April 2019 at 18:21, ShedBoy said:

Dick Payne is hurting.

25 minutes ago, Crete said:

Hibs are a bitter little club.

14 minutes ago, Bootzilla said:

Dick Payne is hurting.

They have a LOSER mentality.  Always have,always will.  :rudi:

On 28/04/2019 at 23:26, Jamhammer said:

Sorry to hear about your mum. Glad big Uche knocked that one in for you!