Youth Final

Lord Beni of Gorgie

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I don't know his contractual situation, but he hasn't been getting a game for a couple of months.

I wouldn't be surprised if two or three of the youngsters were released.

Cool.cheers . Guy at my works laddie has been out injured McGill. Is he any good? 

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, jamboveg said:

Cool.cheers . Guy at my works laddie has been out injured McGill. Is he any good? 

I've liked him since he first played for the U11s. He was your typical tanner ba' player in those days.

He's one of an age group (2002s) that looked like they had great potential in their early academy days. The fact that he has stayed the course thus far, suggests that the coaches still have some belief in him, however Connor Smith looks the top prospect in the group that also includes Cammy Logan and Aaron Hickey.

He was progressing not too badly before his injury, so it will be interesting to see how or when he comes back.

28 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I've liked him since he first played for the U11s. He was your typical tanner ba' player in those days.

He's one of an age group (2002s) that looked like they had great potential in their early academy days. The fact that he has stayed the course thus far, suggests that the coaches still have some belief in him, however Connor Smith looks the top prospect in the group that also includes Cammy Logan and Aaron Hickey.

He was progressing not too badly before his injury, so it will be interesting to see how or when he comes back.

Seen Hickey and Smith a couple of times now. Very impressed by both. Both great on the ball. Very composed and will to get the ball on the deck. 

10 hours ago, been here before said:

Having to play a Youth Cup Final behind closed doors.

The supporters of those two teams really are reprobates.

Disgrace doesnt even begin to cover it but our authorities will just have their heads in the sand as per.

And Hibs smashing the trophy.  What more can you say.

gashauskis9
10 hours ago, GYL said:

I think it's been a terrific game to watch with bags of really talented young players on show....

Attacking wise, absolutely superb, but I can’t get away from the fact that our success in national tournaments needs to start with confident and strong defenders to build from the back.  Both sets of defenders were shocking, the basics weren’t there.  Players like wee Dembele and the Rangers number 7 and 11 are unlikely to make it sadly, as we just don’t support that confident, attacking style of play up here.

2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Attacking wise, absolutely superb, but I can’t get away from the fact that our success in national tournaments needs to start with confident and strong defenders to build from the back.  Both sets of defenders were shocking, the basics weren’t there.  Players like wee Dembele and the Rangers number 7 and 11 are unlikely to make it sadly, as we just don’t support that confident, attacking style of play up here.

i don't disagree entirely but it made for an entertaining game, but thought the 2 Rangers boys were strong in the air plus i believe that defending is an art that you learn with experience. Agree we seem to coach confident attacking football out of young players but maybe this will be the era that changes.....i live in hope?

If not open to fans, other than family, why play at Hampden?

Alarming, yet strangely reassuring, that, even at youth level, the Scottish football authorities are consistently hopeless.  

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Alarming, yet strangely reassuring, that, even at youth level, the Scottish football authorities are consistently hopeless.  

And why broadcast it live? No punishment at all.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Neutral venue and it gives the boys an experience of Hampden. 

24 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Neutral venue and it gives the boys an experience of Hampden. 

Aye, but it's the Queens Park experience. 

28 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

And why broadcast it live? No punishment at all.

Indeed. But they can't fling coins and flares at the telly. Well, they could but... 

Edited by martoon

allanwilson1970
18 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

If Hearts was able to field its strongest U18 side then it would have a decent chance against either Celtic or Rangers.

e.g.

............. Stone

Logan Darge Hamilton Hickey

........ Ritchie, Cochrane

Schiavone Smith, McDonald

.......... Makovora

@Footballfirst knows better than us all, but I would say this team would give any team a game in Scotland and probably a beating.  

Only it a few weeks ago we beat Celtic (8 or 9 of the 11 who started last night against Rangers started against us) 2-0 and only a few of the best mentioned 11 played. We won comfortably and Smith and Ritchie and Stones were excellent. If we had all 11 mentioned playing would have been easy.  

The future is definitely maroon