Ann Budge

DB-14

i wish jj was my dad
9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Ah, so Rangers are the rule for the entire world.

Closer to home then .

What happened when we chased success with money we didn't have?Who got us out of the mess?

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Francis Albert

• DB-14

• i8hibsh

merseyjambo
11 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

The club is already better and more consistent. 

This is typical of JKB and keeps threads rambling on, decompartmentalise everything to suit the agenda.

The club is thriving, nobody can criticise that, the facts say crowds are up, revenue is up and more importantly, profit is up. That doesn't suit agendas though so let's divide the club up into sections so we can rip it to bits. 

Its a Football Club, not just a Football team.

The moaners just jump from one bitter rant to another and it's a shame the less intelligent can't see through it and choose to jump on the bandwagon using the same boring cliche.

Far to many selfish hard of thinking supporters are actually making an attempt to drag the rest of us down by constantly banging on about eye bleeding, boring, negative this that and the other. It's complete pish, we're currently playing average football with the resources at hand.

I firmly believe the doomongers and haters that rant and groan and abuse everything and everybody concerned with Hearts are doing a damn sight more damage to the club than Ann Budge and Craig Levein thats for sure.

Negativity breeds negativity and sticking pins in your eyes is more akin to reading JKB these days than watching Hearts.

What a load of garbage.

The club is a far better run business than it’s ever been but on the field it’s not something to get excited about. Facts say average crowds are down this season, facts are that like it or not there are anonymous benefactors putting money into the club which are helping our finances. 

Moaners going from bitter rant to another, it’s the same thing people are moaning about. The performances of the team on the park. Unfortunately that lies fairly and squarely at the feet of one man and that’s the manager. Boring cliches, the same boring cliches about how wonderful a manager he is and about his record in charge of Hearts 15 years ago. Football has moved on since then. 

To insult supporters of the club they support by calling them hard of thinking is quite frankly the most patronising phrase I have seen on here. You sound like you believe you are better than some of these Hearts supporters and that is outrageous. If you don’t like the fans having a place to vent about their feelings over the way things are going on the pitch at Tynecastle, go form a Craig Levein love in board where you can all discuss how wonderful our football is and what a fantastic job he’s doing. If you’re that offended, then why do you come on JKB.

Doom mongers and haters, is that how you see everyone who questions CL. I don’t see that’s what it is, I see it as fans are failing to see this great vision that there supposedly was for the club and are finding what is happening on the park unpalatable. Pray tell how these people are damaging the club. Are the stopping supporting the club, no. Are they stopping contributing to FOH, no. So how are they damaging the club. The ones that are moaning are not telling people to stop going, or buying season tickets or merchandise. If people choose not to renew, its their choice not because someone on an internet fans forum is unhappy. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

You still haven't.

Ooh ooh it’s the old he’s a Hibby because he’s not a happy clapper that accepts any old shit defence. Wish I hadn’t left you in ignore to be honest.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

What a load of garbage.

The club is a far better run business than it’s ever been but on the field it’s not something to get excited about. Facts say average crowds are down this season, facts are that like it or not there are anonymous benefactors putting money into the club which are helping our finances. 

Moaners going from bitter rant to another, it’s the same thing people are moaning about. The performances of the team on the park. Unfortunately that lies fairly and squarely at the feet of one man and that’s the manager. Boring cliches, the same boring cliches about how wonderful a manager he is and about his record in charge of Hearts 15 years ago. Football has moved on since then. 

To insult supporters of the club they support by calling them hard of thinking is quite frankly the most patronising phrase I have seen on here. You sound like you believe you are better than some of these Hearts supporters and that is outrageous. If you don’t like the fans having a place to vent about their feelings over the way things are going on the pitch at Tynecastle, go form a Craig Levein love in board where you can all discuss how wonderful our football is and what a fantastic job he’s doing. If you’re that offended, then why do you come on JKB.

Doom mongers and haters, is that how you see everyone who questions CL. I don’t see that’s what it is, I see it as fans are failing to see this great vision that there supposedly was for the club and are finding what is happening on the park unpalatable. Pray tell how these people are damaging the club. Are the stopping supporting the club, no. Are they stopping contributing to FOH, no. So how are they damaging the club. The ones that are moaning are not telling people to stop going, or buying season tickets or merchandise. If people choose not to renew, its their choice not because someone on an internet fans forum is unhappy. 

Well said.

4 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

What a load of garbage.

I think you'll find that they are.

You're right about the patronising bit although I would argue that the term "happy clapper" is just as patronising.

7 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

What a load of garbage.

I think hard of thinking is just about right tbh. 

Doomongers and haters, yep, I'm cool with that. 

Screwballs is another current favourite, shame I missed that one out.

merseyjambo
Just now, graygo said:

You're right about the patronising bit although I would argue that the term "happy clapper" is just as patronising.

By supporting I mean following someone else. People will buy Season Tickets or not, people will go to games or not. These are facts of life. I’d say a gauge of where people are at the moment is the fact that we are struggling to sell out our end at ER. That’s embarrassing but it’s where some fans are with the club and that is worrying.

I agree the term ‘happy Clapper’ is patronising hence why I wouldn’t use it but it’s nowhere near as bad as calling someone thick

merseyjambo
1 minute ago, Artful Dodger said:

I think hard of thinking is just about right tbh. 

Doomongers and haters, yep, I'm cool with that. 

Screwballs is another current favourite, shame I missed that one out.

What a fantastic comeback, my sides are literally splitting with laughter

Think you maybe need to find another fans forum to enthrall with your repartee 

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

By supporting I mean following someone else. People will buy Season Tickets or not, people will go to games or not. These are facts of life. I’d say a gauge of where people are at the moment is the fact that we are struggling to sell out our end at ER. That’s embarrassing but it’s where some fans are with the club and that is worrying.

I agree the term ‘happy Clapper’ is patronising hence why I wouldn’t use it but it’s nowhere near as bad as calling someone thick

Not as being called a Hibs fan or any of the other terms used.

16 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

What a fantastic comeback, my sides are literally splitting with laughter

Deary me!!

:rofl:

46 minutes ago, henry said:

The over spend on the stand is disgraceful really and there is clearly design faults and the buck on that stops with Budge. There are also other matters that I’m unhappy about. I’m still a FOH contributor but I’m not convinced Budge should carry on when when FOH take control. I’d rather she stepped aside and she had no input to who takes over. 

The overspend on the stand was mainly as a result of totally unrealistic cost plans put forward by so called professionals ie the architect and quantity surveyor.

21 hours ago, Jodami said:

Because she has fulfilled her part of the deal, delivering on infrastructure and backing the manager with money. Stadium looks great and we have maybe the best pitch in the league. We also stretched our budget to get Clare. The issue is on the playing side and she has a big decision with the manager at the end of the season. 

Ann Budge is not responsible for causing incidents in the stadium. As for closing lower G she could have closed the whole of G and H and fans could still have been accommodated on Saturday and Kilmarnock will be worse. 

Commercially things have improved, but we are far from perfect.  Ticketing has its problems and the main stand is way over budget and we have no idea when it will be finished.

The club approach to sales remains pretty amateurish.

JamboGraham
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Commercially things have improved, but we are far from perfect.  Ticketing has its problems and the main stand is way over budget and we have no idea when it will be finished.

The club approach to sales remains pretty amateurish.

Ticketing and Sales...not areas I recall seeing mentioned as having problems (at least not regularly). What are the issues here?

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

:interehjrling:

davemclaren
3 hours ago, henry said:

The over spend on the stand is disgraceful really and there is clearly design faults and the buck on that stops with Budge. There are also other matters that I’m unhappy about. I’m still a FOH contributor but I’m not convinced Budge should carry on when when FOH take control. I’d rather she stepped aside and she had no input to who takes over. 

Who would you prefer as CEO?

3 hours ago, graygo said:

It is indeed , snowflake , happy clapper etc is just as bad.

Tho how its back on a CL thread rather than AB i cant be assed to go back and read

The club is very well ran as a business.... but when the business/product you are selling is ****ing murder you really need to have an overhaul. She has put far too much trust/power in levein. 

Let's not forget the stand debacle aswell. 

Good owner but far from perfect.

Bad Religion
1 hour ago, UcheGang said:

The club is very well ran as a business.... but when the business/product you are selling is ****ing murder you really need to have an overhaul. She has put far too much trust/power in levein. 

Can we have an example of a perfect owner please?

shaun.lawson
1 hour ago, Bad Religion said:

Can we have an example of a perfect owner please?

In Scotland, Fergus McCann. At a lower level, Geoff Brown. 

In England? Probably the Pozzo family right now - dunno how long that'll last though. FSG are excellent too, with both Liverpool and the Red Sox. And Daniel Levy too, of course.

Edited by shaun.lawson

2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

In England? Probably the Pozzo family right now - dunno how long that'll last though. FSG are excellent too, with both Liverpool and the Red Sox. And Daniel Levy too, of course.

Daniel Levy you say. How long was the delay on the new ground and how much was the overspend? That's him ruled out then.

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Daniel Levy you say. How long was the delay on the new ground and how much was the overspend? That's him ruled out then.

Nah, not really. In both cases, this was what's known as a reality check. The original timescale and budget were both hilarious. 

I think people who criticise Budge for delays and overspend on the main stand are wrong too. Constructing these things in the UK always seems to cost an arm and a leg and always seems to take longer than expected.

4 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Nah, not really. In both cases, this was what's known as a reality check. The original timescale and budget were both hilarious. 

I think people who criticise Budge for delays and overspend on the main stand are wrong too. Constructing these things in the UK always seems to cost an arm and a leg and always seems to take longer than expected.

I know that and you know that but posters on here have used that as a stick to beat her with.

2 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

What makes FSG excellent with the Red Sox? 

shaun.lawson
36 minutes ago, sadj said:

What makes FSG excellent with the Red Sox? 

Hadn't won a sausage in 84 years prior to them taking over. Ended their drought in three seasons flat; have since won three further Championships, while the Yankees have toiled. 

The Sox are now one of the most successful organisations in North American sport. And they've been run brilliantly. A lot of corporate owners don't give a shit about the local fanbase and don't understand or care about the history of what they're taking over. FSG absolutely do: they've embraced all the history in Boston and at Liverpool, while modernising both clubs and running them according to cutting edge sports science, sabermetrics (in the Sox' case), value for money and long term planning.

Edited by shaun.lawson

heartandsoul
10 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

What a load of garbage.

Spot on.

chuck berrys hairline

Is the main stand still not finished ?? Anns Fudged the lot of us then ?

credit card

Lay off Queen Anne! She has done more for Hearts business-wise than anyone in all of our lifetimes. FACT. The club has a future - something that we just wouldn't have without her. FACT.

Honestly, moaning about her trying to deal with wee arseholes chucking flares and being junior bigots? Parents want a safe place to watch football with their kids without these doughballs. I've witnessed some of these diddies' "atmospheric" behaviour on a train to the match recently and they were painfully; and eye wateringly: embarrassing. FACT.

Yes - she has made a small number of mistakes along the way but Jeezo who gives a flying ..about the stand not being fully "finished" yet? Get a life - its open for anyone wanting to see the match. She wants it to be top notch inside to generate more income which in turn means more money to spend on players. If it takes time so what? The stand is open - FACT.

Football? You can't expect her to be an expert she puts her trust in others to get it right. FACT. She relies on someone with hundreds of appearances, Scotland caps and a total dyed in the wool fan since signing in November 1983. This is where the problem lies and I bet she knows it - and Craig knows it. Both will be as cheesed off as we all are about results and playing style. She will no doubt ask Craig to move over at the end of the season and he will know himself that it's not worked as well as he hoped. HOPEFULLY FACT. (Don't forget this guy tries damned hard, long hours, health scare et al and deserves at least some respect). FACT.

So FFS let's get back to supporting the team through thick and thin. There was no library atmosphere when we were getting gubbed in the relegation season or in the one we came up. There was also no smoke bombs and only very minor amounts of naughty songs. There is a good side to some of the "young team" they can actually create a great atmosphere. QoS away they were fantastic. They are not all bad. FACT. Let's get back to making Tynecastle a fortress again and get totally behind the team. That's our job and something we used to be renowned for. It's in our DNA. FACT

13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ooh ooh it’s the old he’s a Hibby because he’s not a happy clapper that accepts any old shit defence. Wish I hadn’t left you in ignore to be honest.

Beat it Hobo!

:gok:

14 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

What a load of garbage.

You moan about being call hard of thinking?? I suggest you have a look at the topic; Ann Budge, not Craig Levein

Genuine question is there any other club that comes to mind whereby the manager is also elected to the board?

It’s an unhealthy situation to be in.

8 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Genuine question is there any other club that comes to mind whereby the manager is also elected to the board?

It’s an unhealthy situation to be in.

Fergie?

Pretty sure Levein was a Board member at DU.

The Real Maroonblood
14 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

What a load of garbage.

:spoton:

Allowayjambo1874
22 minutes ago, XB52 said:

You moan about being call hard of thinking?? I suggest you have a look at the topic; Ann Budge, not Craig Levein

No, he’s quite correctly saying that the poster who calls Hearts fans hard of thinking out of order. He’s spot on, Artful Dodger continually makes abusive comments towards hearts fans who are critical of Levein, often not directly but generally. I can’t recall anyone calling pro-Levein fans names and as Merseyside Jambo has stated the anti-Levein jambos continue to attend and donate to FOH ( I know that for a fact).

Artful Dodger is obviously continually trolling and looking for bites with his comments, don’t know why admin of this board are not reining him in.

5 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

No, he’s quite correctly saying that the poster who calls Hearts fans hard of thinking out of order. He’s spot on, Artful Dodger continually makes abusive comments towards hearts fans who are critical of Levein, often not directly but generally. I can’t recall anyone calling pro-Levein fans names and as Merseyside Jambo has stated the anti-Levein jambos continue to attend and donate to FOH ( I know that for a fact).

Artful Dodger is obviously continually trolling and looking for bites with his comments, don’t know why admin of this board are not reining him in.

Dodger is not the only happy clapper who likes a bit of personal abuse!!

Geoff Kilpatrick
13 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

The ignore function is your friend. It would be even better if people stopped quoting him.

37 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

THIS THREAD IS ANN BUDGE.    It's really not hard

Geoff the Mince
1 hour ago, credit card said:

Lay off Queen Anne! She has done more for Hearts business-wise than anyone in all of our lifetimes. FACT. The club has a future - something that we just wouldn't have without her. FACT.

Honestly, moaning about her trying to deal with wee arseholes chucking flares and being junior bigots? Parents want a safe place to watch football with their kids without these doughballs. I've witnessed some of these diddies' "atmospheric" behaviour on a train to the match recently and they were painfully; and eye wateringly: embarrassing. FACT.

Yes - she has made a small number of mistakes along the way but Jeezo who gives a flying ..about the stand not being fully "finished" yet? Get a life - its open for anyone wanting to see the match. She wants it to be top notch inside to generate more income which in turn means more money to spend on players. If it takes time so what? The stand is open - FACT.

Football? You can't expect her to be an expert she puts her trust in others to get it right. FACT. She relies on someone with hundreds of appearances, Scotland caps and a total dyed in the wool fan since signing in November 1983. This is where the problem lies and I bet she knows it - and Craig knows it. Both will be as cheesed off as we all are about results and playing style. She will no doubt ask Craig to move over at the end of the season and he will know himself that it's not worked as well as he hoped. HOPEFULLY FACT. (Don't forget this guy tries damned hard, long hours, health scare et al and deserves at least some respect). FACT.

So FFS let's get back to supporting the team through thick and thin. There was no library atmosphere when we were getting gubbed in the relegation season or in the one we came up. There was also no smoke bombs and only very minor amounts of naughty songs. There is a good side to some of the "young team" they can actually create a great atmosphere. QoS away they were fantastic. They are not all bad. FACT. Let's get back to making Tynecastle a fortress again and get totally behind the team. That's our job and something we used to be renowned for. It's in our DNA. FACT

LIES !! 

Austin MacGlee
11 hours ago, UcheGang said:

Love her for what she's contributed so far and helping us save the club. She has a special place in Hearts' history as a result.

Her faith in Levein is a big blot on her report card for me. The bottom line should always be the football and right now we just lack in so many key areas there.

Closing sections of the ground is also a bit of a black mark for me.

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

Many on here keep referring to Budge as an astute business women, I personally am beginning to wonder what it's going to take for her to realise that they money that rolls in from us fans in ST's, walk ups  and FOH payment's each month is in danger of starting to decline.  Is the slow Derby sales the start of it?  What else might happen before the end of the season that will make her realise?  I am thankful for her helping the club rise up again from the mess we were in and I always will be, it's the Levein love in and the closure of the section has really started to taint things for me.  If we carry on into this mess next season, I dread to think where this could end up.  I think she is smart enough to understand this though.

Budge has done a great job. Yes, she has made mistakes - she's human. I can't imagine a world where all CEOs were mistake free, especially when pulling a business up from where we were.

In her position, (I, too, have never run a football club business!) I'd have appointed a DoF. I'd probably have picked CL. Some time ago I would have realised I had made a mistake. I'm in a position to say that. CEOs can't display lack of support - until the time comes... (As we all know the ultimate sign of a "shoogly peg" is a vote of confidence from the CEO!). Like others, I'm hoping some serious behind the scenes talking has happened, although I'm not fully convinced.

Totally support the decision to close a section. Budge is not the one to blame for that. That lies with those who chose to ignore the requests from the club we support not to behave in that way.

There were mistakes made in the stand construction. It is a sign of the improvement in Hearts that we are aware of what went on. Most of the time in the past it would all be under wraps. (Not everything can be made public in business, however.)

Delighted with the investments in women's and childerns football.

Like many others I want change in the football side. It is clearly not working. I hope she is listening. We don't want to get any closer to the point where people feel they have to withhold money to make the point. (Although some are there already.)

Sorry for trying to have a balanced view. I realise it's like saying CL does some things well and some things badly - you get crapped on from both sides!!

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Beat it Hobo!

:gok:

Does Ma tits in ???

Edited by Pasquale for King

33 minutes ago, jambali said:

Budge has done a great job. Yes, she has made mistakes - she's human. I can't imagine a world where all CEOs were mistake free, especially when pulling a business up from where we were.

In her position, (I, too, have never run a football club business!) I'd have appointed a DoF. I'd probably have picked CL. Some time ago I would have realised I had made a mistake. I'm in a position to say that. CEOs can't display lack of support - until the time comes... (As we all know the ultimate sign of a "shoogly peg" is a vote of confidence from the CEO!). Like others, I'm hoping some serious behind the scenes talking has happened, although I'm not fully convinced.

Totally support the decision to close a section. Budge is not the one to blame for that. That lies with those who chose to ignore the requests from the club we support not to behave in that way.

There were mistakes made in the stand construction. It is a sign of the improvement in Hearts that we are aware of what went on. Most of the time in the past it would all be under wraps. (Not everything can be made public in business, however.)

Like many others I want change in the football side. It is clearly not working. I hope she is listening. We don't want to get any closer to the point where people feel they have to withhold money to make the point. (Although some are there already.)

Sorry for trying to have a balanced view. I realise it's like saying CL does some things well and some things badly - you get crapped on from both sides!!

Someone gets it.  

credit card
1 hour ago, jambali said:

This

10 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Hadn't won a sausage in 84 years prior to them taking over. Ended their drought in three seasons flat; have since won three further Championships, while the Yankees have toiled. 

The Sox are now one of the most successful organisations in North American sport. And they've been run brilliantly. A lot of corporate owners don't give a shit about the local fanbase and don't understand or care about the history of what they're taking over. FSG absolutely do: they've embraced all the history in Boston and at Liverpool, while modernising both clubs and running them according to cutting edge sports science, sabermetrics (in the Sox' case), value for money and long term planning.

I thought you would measure it by our championships. Amazing what people think outside looking in. There is as much discord with Sox fans as there is Hearts fans and has been many many times the last 18 years. A lot of underperforming , bad decisions on signings etc. 

Sabermetrics is not a Boston thing. It became a baseball thing that Boston used. Value for money is fair - they refuse to go ott in bidding for players and have often lost their top players to the Yankees. Again something likely to happen with Mookie Betts. Often they have pushed the luxury tax level to breaking point and you can only do that for two years (i think) third year you get fined crazy money.Whether that is value for money is a opinion based. They are still paying Pablo Sandoval for instance

merseyjambo
9 hours ago, XB52 said:

I suggest you read Dodgers post and the response was to that.

He is the one moaning about the fans and all I did was respond to that.

It should have been ten
9 hours ago, credit card said:

Well said!! ??????????

It should have been ten
On 25/04/2019 at 07:12, Artful Dodger said:

The club is already better and more consistent. 

This is typical of JKB and keeps threads rambling on, decompartmentalise everything to suit the agenda.

The club is thriving, nobody can criticise that, the facts say crowds are up, revenue is up and more importantly, profit is up. That doesn't suit agendas though so let's divide the club up into sections so we can rip it to bits. 

Its a Football Club, not just a Football team.

The moaners just jump from one bitter rant to another and it's a shame the less intelligent can't see through it and choose to jump on the bandwagon using the same boring cliche.

Far to many selfish hard of thinking supporters are actually making an attempt to drag the rest of us down by constantly banging on about eye bleeding, boring, negative this that and the other. It's complete pish, we're currently playing average football with the resources at hand.

I firmly believe the doomongers and haters that rant and groan and abuse everything and everybody concerned with Hearts are doing a damn sight more damage to the club than Ann Budge and Craig Levein thats for sure.

Negativity breeds negativity and sticking pins in your eyes is more akin to reading JKB these days than watching Hearts.

Spot on!