Ann Budge

DB-14

Why is she immune from criticism in some quarters on here?

Undoubtedly we have to be thankful for her assistance in saving the club but equally I highly doubt she’d have invested if it wasn’t for the contribution of supporters.

Some people on here appear happy to accept our current on the pitch mediocrity because Budge saved the club and are therefore won’t criticise the club for her numerous ridiculous decisions and I include the closing of Section G in that as well as our current shambles on the pitch.

Edited by SteauaNeedarest

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Francis Albert

• DB-14

• i8hibsh

1 minute ago, Jambos_1874 said:

What are her ridiculous decisions?

Section G closure, backing of Craig Levein, the lack of updates regarding the Main Stand which despite the errors which have plagued it since its planning including no seats being ordered, the appointment of her brothers construction company for no apparent reason...

3 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

What are her ridiculous decisions?

My guess is that the OP doesn't like her picking on the naughty boys in sections G and N.

He clearly has no business sense to appreciate how she is moving the club forward off the field to make it self-sustaining on it.

Edit: the OP has replied before I submitted mine and just confirmed everything I said.

Edited by frankblack

9 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Undoubtedly we have to be thankful for her assistance in saving the club but equally I highly doubt she’d have invested if it wasn’t for the contribution of supporters.

Some people on here appear happy to accept our current on the pitch mediocrity because Budge saved the club and are therefore won’t criticise the club for her numerous ridiculous decisions and I include the closing of Section G in that as well as our current shambles on the pitch.

You cannot fault her for what she has done to the commercial side of the business but the footballing side leaving it to Levein who appears to have a blank cheque and bulletproof is where I feel she deserves criticism.

Because she has fulfilled her part of the deal, delivering on infrastructure and backing the manager with money. Stadium looks great and we have maybe the best pitch in the league. We also stretched our budget to get Clare. The issue is on the playing side and she has a big decision with the manager at the end of the season. 

Ann Budge is not responsible for causing incidents in the stadium. As for closing lower G she could have closed the whole of G and H and fans could still have been accommodated on Saturday and Kilmarnock will be worse. 

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

My guess is that the OP doesn't like her picking on the naughty boys in sections G and N.

He clearly has no business sense to appreciate how she is moving the club forward off the field to make it self-sustaining on it.

Edit: the OP has replied before I submitted mine and just confirmed everything I said.

I don’t sit in either of those sections FYI. I just don’t agree with her decisions on closing that section. Obviously the conduct of certain supporters in particular for racist and sectarian issues will be commended but that’s as far as my praise of current decisions will extend.

11 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

It is clear that 'Queen Ann' is getting less and less popular. You only have to go as far as this forum to see this. I imagine this time next year it will be more so.

1 minute ago, SectionN said:

You cannot fault her for what she has done to the commercial side of the business but the footballing side leaving it to Levein who appears to have a blank cheque and bulletproof is where I feel she deserves criticism.

This is my main point of contention. It appears Levein is backed regardless.

Jambos_1874
1 minute ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Section G closure, backing of Craig Levein, the lack of updates regarding the Main Stand which despite the errors which have plagued it since its planning including no seats being ordered, the appointment of her brothers construction company for no apparent reason...

No-one should be exempt from criticism, as long as it's justified. However, I think you're just venting your seethe due to poor performances of the team and/or you are one of the young team. Section G was closed because we have an absolutely disgraceful section of our support and any right-minded fan would agree to someone taking actiom to weed them out. I assume she backs Craig Levein as she sees what he brings to the club in various important areas and bucks the trend of owners hiring and firing at will. As for the Main Stand, I have my ST there and have to say it is absolutely superb; the late delivery of seats (which wasn't directly AB's fault although she accepted blame for it) really didn't affect me. The appointment of her brother's construction company? No idea.about that, but if they're competent and charge fairly then I don't care.

4 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Some people can use her as an excuse for not going to the derby if it makes them feel better.

I’m going, probably more LPs than you. 

Jambos_1874
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is clear that 'Queen Ann' is getting less and less popular. You only have to go as far as this forum to see this. I imagine this time next year it will be more so.

JKB is not a reliable gauge of the wider support, thankfully.

It's only the absolute arseholes who know **** all about business that are turning on Ann. They are greetin’ because she's trying to clear out the idiots and they are grasping onto any straw possible.

Just now, Jambos_1874 said:

I agree with this. I think more of this forum are supportive of our current management than the wider support.

letsalllaughathobos
4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We've never had it better off the field! Mrs Budge has been great for Heaet Of Midlothian 

I feel this is where my frustration is at, we have it as good as it's ever been off the field but getting it so wrong off the field, 

9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

There are probably around 100 posts a day criticising her but these posts come from about 5 posters, you being the worst.

2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

It's only the absolute arseholes who know **** all about business that are turning on Ann. They are greetin’ because she's trying to clear out the idiots and they are grasping onto any straw possible.

:rofl: okay. 

If we just want to be a be a successful business and sacrifice our on field performances that’s absolutely great. I have no issue with the bigoted racist neds being removed FYI.

3 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Really? I would say it is. The largest Hearts forum and has a wide demographic.

Jambos_1874
3 minutes ago, letsalllaughathobos said:

I feel this is where my frustration is at, we have it as good as it's ever been off the field but getting it so wrong off the field, 

You need to get it right off the field first before you can realistically build the platform for long-term success.

Edited by Jambos_1874

JamboGraham
17 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Because it’s a forum and not everyone shares the same opinion. There are however literally thousands of posts criticising her on JKB.

21 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Some people on here appear happy to accept our current on the pitch mediocrity because Budge saved the club and are therefore won’t criticise the club for her numerous ridiculous decisions

In general it would appear that the majority of posters are quite capable of separating current on field performance and the role played by Ann Budge in taking the club out of administration and the ongoing rebuilding the business side of the club.

24 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

I include the closing of Section G

A lot of posters on JKB agreed with that decision so not sure why you would expect them to criticise Ann Budge for that?

Unfortunately, I think i'm moving towards the budge out crowd. I appreciate everything Ann has done for the club in getting it back on its feet but her approach to dealing with fan misbehaviour doesn't sit well with me, neither does the lack of accountability that Levein seems to enjoy. I'm not saying she's wrong to call out these fans, just her approach in doing so is too top down. 

She's a first class business person and I absolutely respect the job she's done on the business side. Its clearly been far from smooth sailing and her hard work has secured our future at Tynecastle, given us a stand which will generate week round revenue and appointed many quality people into the club.  

I'd like someone to come in that can continue building what she has started, but she's going to divide the support and thats something we absolutely cannot have. 

If we win the cup I think that will paper over the cracks in the short term but that doesn't take away from yet another disappointing season by the man that is supposed to be turning things round. If Budge will not remove him then she needs to go.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Anyone I have ever sat near to or travelled with to Hearts matches mock Kickback. 

Nope it's for weirdos like me.

And Ann Budge has backed her manager always 

Jambos_1874
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Nah, far too many dafties I'm afraid. When I look around when I'm at Tynecastle I can't say I hear much of the shite that's spouted on here. Not very scientific but I stick by my original statement.

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Unfortunately, I think i'm moving towards the budge out crowd. I appreciate everything Ann has done for the club in getting it back on its feet but her approach to dealing with fan misbehaviour doesn't sit well with me, neither does the lack of accountability that Levein seems to enjoy. I'm not saying she's wrong to call out these fans, just her approach in doing so is too top down. 

She's a first class business person and I absolutely respect the job she's done on the business side. Its clearly been far from smooth sailing and her hard work has secured our future at Tynecastle, given us a stand which will generate week round revenue and appointed many quality people into the club.  

I'd like someone to come in that can continue building what she has started, but she's going to divide the support and thats something we absolutely cannot have. 

If we win the cup I think that will paper over the cracks in the short term but that doesn't take away from yet another disappointing season by the man that is supposed to be turning things round. If Budge will not remove him then she needs to go.

I think you’ve summed it up far better than I. 

Only short sighted hard of thinking screwballs can't see the club growing on a regular basis. 

Oddly it's all being done so that the product on the pitch can be better and more consistent.

Nope, the screwballs can't see that either. 

20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Only in your deranged mind 

1 minute ago, Artful Dodger said:

Only short sighted hard of thinking screwballs can't see the club growing on a regular basis. 

Oddly it's all being done so that the product on the pitch can be better and more consistent.

How can you justify that the on pitch product has improved? It hasn’t that’s why.

Jambos_1874
1 minute ago, OTT said:

What part of her approach to fan misbehaviour doesn't sit well with you? We have an absolutely rank rotten part of out support that needs to be identified and then prevented from turning up at any Hearts game. Flares, songs about the Pope and the IRA, negative sentiments to the support/club they're meant to support and the fact that they look like they're thick as mince means that a drastic approach is not unreasonable.

As for Levein, I definitely think AB holds him to account. She is an accomplished businesswoman accustomed to success and will do what she can to ensure the success of this club.

9 minutes ago, OTT said:

Good post and I echo most of it.

For me, I dislike Budge for many reasons and the main one is that I don't agree with her bottom line. Winning games is simply not her main interest, to me it is all about her and the club's image.

I also feel that more and more each day this is becoming her club and that is not how it should be.

We are a soft touch on the field due to her and she has made Tynecastle a library.

Edited by i8hibsh

Brighton Jambo
35 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

I thought your post was fairly well reasoned until I reached the section G part.  

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

I thought your post was fairly well reasoned until I reached the section G part.  

I don’t sit in G and I understand why the decision was made but why effect everyone that sits there and close the section. How difficult can it be to identify the cretins?

34 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

I back Budge 100% on off the park matters. She has done a fantastic job in the developing Tynecastle into a stadium we can be proud of. She has also introduced proper accounting and corporate professionalism into the Club.

As such I do hope she does not ruin her legacy by supporting a totally under performing Manager of our team!

2 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Off the field the club is growing at a superb rate and Budge & co deserve all the credit.

The football dept has regressed significantly in recent years however. The amount of money wasted on players who were simply not good enough for Hearts will be frightening. 

One thing that I think about is how we managed to lose Paterson on a development fee, had we got him tied up on a decent contract we would surely have got a good fee for him. The football side of the business is lagging and Budge doesn’t want to get involved and has left it to Levein.

davemclaren

I don’t sit in G and I understand why the decision was made but why effect everyone that sits there and close the section. How difficult can it be to identify the cretins?

I doubt she would close a part of the ground if there were easier options. 

Brighton Jambo
10 minutes ago, OTT said:

There is a absolutely no such thing as a ‘Budge out crowd’.  There is a very  small minority who are critical of some of her decisions but to suggest there is a movement seriously suggesting we want her out is insane and just trying to create division. 

davemclaren
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I back Budge 100% on off the park matters. She has done a fantastic job in the developing Tynecastle into a stadium we can be proud of. She has also introduced proper accounting and corporate professionalism into the Club.

As such I do hope she does not ruin her legacy by supporting a totally under performing Manager of our team!

Yet he is one game away from being one of our more successful managers. Such is football. 

gowestjambo
12 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

You need to get it right off the field first before you can realistically build the platform for long-term success.

Why can we not get it right on and off the field at the same time?. Why does the main function of Heart of Midlothian need to suffer, to get it right off the field?

Building any business is providing what Customers want. There is no point in opening a brand new store, if it does not attract customers.

1 minute ago, Jambos_1874 said:

What part of her approach to fan misbehaviour doesn't sit well with you? We have an absolutely rank rotten part of out support that needs to be identified and then prevented from turning up at any Hearts game. Flares, songs about the Pope and the IRA, negative sentiments to the support/club they're meant to support and the fact that they look like they're thick as mince means that a drastic approach is not unreasonable.

As for Levein, I definitely think AB holds him to account. She is an accomplished businesswoman accustomed to success and will do what she can to ensure the success of this club.

Did I not explain that?

For me, its too top down. Authoritarian, 'Do as I say'. I think its far too confrontational. I don't believe the way she is going about it will yield the results she wants. I think her approach has left a lot of fans confused on what they can and cannot do.

You're free to disagree, but I think the evidence is there. Our support is getting more and more divided over issues like this. I think there is a reason owners and chief executives don't get involved in this sort of thing and its for good reason.

I think she's being extremely naive in thinking she alone can fix this issue. It goes well beyond Tynecastle's walls. 

15 minutes ago, OTT said:

There is an easy way to get Ann Budge out, and its the only way - increase contributions to FOH and buy her out early.  Over to the self-proclaimed Budge Out crowd to put their money where their mouths are.

5 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Especially when there is about 300 people dotted about in high vis jackets from Lothian and Borders (I refuse to call it Police Scotland) and G4S.  I am starting to think Ann just likes to publically name and shame our support to make her look good.

Just now, frankblack said:

There is an easy way to get Ann Budge out, and its the only way - increase contributions to FOH and buy her out early.  Over to the self-proclaimed Budge Out crowd to put their money where their mouths are.

She is going nowhere regardles.

4 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

How can you justify that the on pitch product has improved? It hasn’t that’s why.

Because I watch all the games, I don't listen or pay attention to the screwballs that trot out the same tired old pish when we get beat. 

Like I said, everything the club is doing under Ann Budges stewardship is designed to make us bigger, better and stronger for years to come, it baffles me that everybody can't see that at times. 

Just a lack of any business sense I suppose. 

JamboGraham
8 minutes ago, OTT said:

I actually agree with you on the ‘top down’ comment. For me I would be leaving this to the Stadium and Security Heads. However I do admire her being alone in Scottish Football by having the stones to not just call out unacceptable behaviour at her club but also to stamp her name as the most senior person at the club right across the plans to eradicate it.

I also don’t see how we can only conclude that Levein is not being held accountable. Under her watch she has made him roll up his sleeves and clear up the mess he made with Cathro’s appointment and we have no way of knowing what her response will be to another likely 6th place. No matter her views I certainly wouldn’t expect her to make them public only 4 games from a Cup Final unless she intends to replace him before the 25th May.

1 minute ago, Artful Dodger said:

Because I watch all the games, I don't listen or pay attention to the screwballs that trot out the same tired old pish when we get beat. 

Like I said, everything the club is doing under Ann Budges stewardship is designed to make us bigger, better and stronger for years to come, it baffles me that everybody can't see that at times. 

Just a lack of any business sense I suppose. 

Well I guess that’s your view but how you can see our on field performance has improved I don’t know. I believe it has regressed again that’s my view.

I’m not disputing the off field contribution of Ann in general but it’s hardly a normal company.

Well I guess that’s your view but how you can see our on field performance has improved I don’t know. I believe it has regressed again that’s my view.

I’m not disputing the off field contribution of Ann in general but it’s hardly a normal company.

2 trophys realisticly on offer.

1 semi, 1 final.

That's improvement or are we going all Hibs and demanding flair ahead of Silverware as a gauge to suit these days? 

Thought Police

Celtic fans thought Fergus McCann wasn’t interested in winning games. That worked out alright.