Tonight's Football ...Manchester Derby etc

CJGJ

The business end of the season and strange things happen like actually wanting Manchester United to win or at least get a point  :helpsmilie:

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• The Internet

• shaun.lawson

• Taffin

gashauskis9

My brother in law is a Man U fan and categorically wants them to throw the game tonight.  He’s shitting it at the thought of Liverpool winning the league.

Bayern - Bremen DFB-Pokal semi-final on German Football YouTube channel, in case anyone’s interested. Last night’s semi between Hamburg and Leipzig was brilliant.

Say What Again
17 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

My brother in law is a Man U fan and categorically wants them to throw the game tonight.  He’s shitting it at the thought of Liverpool winning the league.

Man U fan (from near enough Manchester!) at my work says he hopes they play well and lose by the odd goal. 3-4 would be brilliant he said. 

Edited by Say What Again

indianajones
25 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Absolute shitebag fans with that mentality. 

Its your city rivals ffs. 

Tourist league. 

Will Manchester United and their fans show any honour tonight ?

Can't help remembering when Blackburn won the league and all the stories about how Liverpool would lie down came about from those same fans who are now talking about letting City win to stop another side who they deem as greater rivals from winning a title.

City are a far better side and should win tonight but it would be nice to see them get a challenge at least

It will be weird to see the Stretford end celebrating another City goal if what we read is true.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

The thing is man utd need to win for their own league season. 

If they were comfortable in 3rd or 4th then I'd get that, but a defeat could leave them with no European football at all. 

Putting your rivals possible success ahead of yours is just daft, never mind the fact it is man City that will benifit. 

chester copperpot

When Blackburn played us in 95, I was quite happy to lose the game. 

We didnt and I cheered the goal like I should (couldn't get tickets for the game).

Bet the plastic glams lie down like the bitch team they have become.

Paying 800k a week for Pogba and Sanchez tells you everything that is wrong with that club.

shaun.lawson
1 hour ago, leginten said:

Bayern - Bremen DFB-Pokal semi-final on German Football YouTube channel, in case anyone’s interested. Last night’s semi between Hamburg and Leipzig was brilliant.

'Mon Bremen. And 'mon Dortmund in the league too. ABB. 

shaun.lawson

Now then, this game. Logic says United will hardly be able to get the ball off City and City will win 3-0 in their sleep.

But here's the thing about rotten dressing room mentalities. They always show themselves up in away games or less important games. A bunch of arrogant wasters will always get themselves up for showpiece games.

I think one of the worst things that could happen for United is that they win tonight. Because:

1. It'll paper over the cracks

2. It'll put them right back in the CL race, meaning Ole might end up seen as a hero after all

3. If they make the CL, their atrocious board probably won't do all that much

4. From United fans' point of view... it'd help Liverpool end their drought

I know this sounds crazy - but they actually need to get completely humiliated at home for anything to change there. Whether they are depends on whether this game is decided on logic... or on emotion and bits of luck. And in one-off games, as this one is, anything can happen.

shaun.lawson
13 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Will Manchester United and their fans show any honour tonight ?

Can't help remembering when Blackburn won the league and all the stories about how Liverpool would lie down came about from those same fans who are now talking about letting City win to stop another side who they deem as greater rivals from winning a title.

City are a far better side and should win tonight but it would be nice to see them get a challenge at least

It will be weird to see the Stretford end celebrating another City goal if what we read is true.

I've been wondering how Liverpool will react if they don't win the league and especially if they end up winning nothing. A lot of people will laugh at them and assume that's it. I think they're only getting stronger... meaning they'd just win the league next season instead! 

Difference is the fans can want what they like, if Utds players turn up and win the game there’s not much they can do... utd need the points, and an off form city ship goals like a Sunday league team!

However what seems to be getting forgotten here is an on song City could take 5 off Utd on any given day, if they do then the Utd lay down chat will start which won’t be the case!

IMO both teams will have a real go at each other should be plenty goals! So get your money on 0-0?

4 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Now then, this game. Logic says United will hardly be able to get the ball off City and City will win 3-0 in their sleep.

But here's the thing about rotten dressing room mentalities. They always show themselves up in away games or less important games. A bunch of arrogant wasters will always get themselves up for showpiece games.

I think one of the worst things that could happen for United is that they win tonight. Because:

1. It'll paper over the cracks

2. It'll put them right back in the CL race, meaning Ole might end up seen as a hero after all

3. If they make the CL, their atrocious board probably won't do all that much

4. From United fans' point of view... it'd help Liverpool end their drought

I know this sounds crazy - but they actually need to get completely humiliated at home for anything to change there. Whether they are depends on whether this game is decided on logic... or on emotion and bits of luck. And in one-off games, as this one is, anything can happen.

Strangely I find myself agreeing with you! Pogba will show up that’s for sure always does for these games!

The Internet

Man utd will be trying to win, they're hardly going to just roll over because it damages Liverpool. 95% of the utd players probably only found out about that rivalry when they signed for utd anyway, they won't have the same attitude as the fans. Going to be an interesting one anyway. Looking forward to it. 

Doesn't matter how the game goes, if Man City win it won't be because they are a far better team it will be because nobody wants poor Liverpool to win the league.

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I see Carraghers had a Man U strip on today what an absolute roaster!

See above.

chester copperpot
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

A derby that I just can't take seriously.

Because one team wants to lose to let their city rivals win the league.

Laughable. And one time I totally agree with you.

I posted on Facebook today about being a one time only Man u fan and all the cockney glams came out and full on wanted their own team to lose to stop the 'scum' to win. 

Edited by chester copperpot

51 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

When Blackburn played us in 95, I was quite happy to lose the game. 

When did Hearts play Blackburn in 1995? 

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Keane tore into Pogba. The panel pishing themselves.

Was absolute quality ? whether you like Keane or not he tells it how it is.?

4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'll tell you what they will get. 

A farter as wide as the Mersey tunnel. 

?.   

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

One would welcome a stream?

2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

That’s why I’m here. 

Anyone?

I'm on a boat in the Atlantic with minimal internet so can't post a link but hesgoal.com football news usually have a stream or two. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Not working for me but cheers Governor. 

Try a couple of different browsers, Ron. 

Good luck. ?

Decent battle so far, obviously blood pouring from the eyes of the JKB intelligentsia. 

I'm enjoying it though.

3 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Plastic fan signaller if ever there was one...

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Arsenal managing to really make an arse of getting top 4.

shoogly peg looming

wow that's some scoreline

N Lincs Jambo

Jeez just seen the Wolves - Arsenal score. 3-0 HT with Matt 1-5 Doherty on the scoresheet 

rudeskaboyuk

Can't believe how many tackles in this game are just as fouls and no cards shown. If this was a Hearts HIbs derby the ref would have had his card shown about 8 times in this half. 

This is something I have noticed about the English game. The fans and players are not all screaming for sending offs and yellows at every tackle. Most of the time the players realise it's a foul and just get up and get on with the game.