• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• The Internet

• shaun.lawson

• Taffin

Diadora Van Basten

Blatant dive for Rangers penalty. According to Andy Walker he’s quite within his rights and won the penalty but if he doesn’t go down he doesn’t get it. I can’t remember seeing that in the laws of the game.

That was some tension at Burnley.

Thought it was going to be one of those days.

City could have scored a few in the second half but the Burnley keeper and defence were brilliant.

In the Burnley end.Some roasters in there.

Bindy Badgy
38 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Villa's own fault, play to the whistle

That was my take on it. Can't blame the opposition if you stand and stare at the ball.

43 minutes ago, Smithee said:

the thing is letting villa equalise has prevented leeds getting automatic promotion. yes sheff utd would still have been heavy favourites but it could have been different. The only thing that might work in leeds favour is they might feel a sense of injustice that could spur them onto winning the playoffs

The Internet
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

He looked very good tbf. Seen him play for Scotland u21 v England and he was just overrun but he stood out for me against barca. Final is tomorrow at 5.

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, Glottis said:

Hope Villa get hammered.

Pathetic behaviour.

Leeds were right to score. No need to let Villa score.

I hope neither win the play offs

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Exactly this. Villa were an utter embarrassment there. Totally on the side of the Leeds defender who didn't want to let them score.

gashauskis9
6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Exactly this. Villa were an utter embarrassment there. Totally on the side of the Leeds defender who didn't want to let them score.

Pontus Janssen is already a cult hero for Leeds fans and I reckon he’s been escalated further after that ?

They need to stop this nonsense of expecting the ball to be played out the park when a player rolls around on the deck. It was not a head knock & looked a run of the mill challenge.

Added to the above, when the play is restarted (not in this instance), the team boot the ball back up to the goalie 50-80 yards away from the where the play has been stopped & folk start clapping for "being sporting". You will never catch me clapping this as it is far from "sporting", different matter if they gave the attacking team the ball back in the attacking half.

Get back to reality. Restarting with a competitive drop ball is a better option than the 80 yard passback!! 

The outcome today was a brawl & I'm surprised only 1 red card was issued.

As an aside, Man Utd would be worried if De Gea is the goalie getting the 80 yard passback......what has gone wrong with the guy? Confidence shot, contract discussions distracting? but he needs dropped for the last 2 games of the season to get him out the firing line.

From a guy who saved them countless points in the past, he is costing them game by game at the moment.

Luton and Barnsley are promoted to the English Championship.

Sunderland and Portsmouth both lost tonight so Play Offs for them. 

25 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Luton and Barnsley are promoted to the English Championship.

Sunderland and Portsmouth both lost tonight so Play Offs for them. 

Delighted with tonights result ( Portsmouth losing) 12 year gap from the Championship, We're Back.

D5bb5A1WwAI3Fs8.jpg:medium

1 minute ago, hatters1 said:

Delighted with tonights result ( Portsmouth losing) 12 year gap from the Championship, We're Back.

Good stuff. Well done. I think clubs like Luton are a good example. And similarly Norwich and Sheffield United doing well perhaps is the template rather than big spending Derby, Middlesbrough etc though Wolves is  different.

Enjoy it. 

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, hatters1 said:

Nice one, especially after the change of manager. 

Suspect Stoke will be one of the fixtures you’ll be looking forward to ?

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

That’s a poor show for Jack Ross imo

A few clubs in the Play Offs who expected automatic promotion.

Sunderland, Salford.

Could say West Brom as well.