Good pizza place in Edinburgh

Romfordjt

Just a quick question. My boy and his girlfriend are heading up for a weekend soon, inevitably the subject of food arose. They are looking for a decent Italian place preferably one that does pizzas as well. Any recommendations from jkbland. Cheers

1 minute ago, Say What Again said:

Origano on Leith Walk's pizza's are excellent: http://www.origano-leith.co.uk/

or if you fancy more central, Civerinos on Hunter Square:  http://www.civerinos.com/home-1

Civerinos have just opened up a third place 'The High Dive' on St Leonards St. It's a 'Pub & Pizza Bar' - went last week, very good and reasonably priced https://www.civerinosthehighdive.com/

They've also got Civerinos Slice at Forest Rd. 

32 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Pizza posto is good if you are just after pizza.

The 60 or so italians in  my office swear by it as it's the only place to get real italian tasting pizza

Many thanks for ths replies I will pass it on to them. Yet again jkb comes up with the answers 

2 hours ago, Toggie88 said:

Civerinos have just opened up a third place 'The High Dive' on St Leonards St. It's a 'Pub & Pizza Bar' - went last week, very good and reasonably priced https://www.civerinosthehighdive.com/

£4.50 for the cheapest pint and £5 for chips? If that's reasonably priced then I'm glad to be out of Edinburgh.

Civerinos is totally over-rated, too.

7 minutes ago, Darren said:

£4.50 for the cheapest pint and £5 for chips? If that's reasonably priced then I'm glad to be out of Edinburgh.

Civerinos is totally over-rated, too.

Pizza is only £6 and chips are a mountain-full - two of us couldn't finish one portion. 

The quality of the pizza beats a lot of places in Edinburgh.

Dough is excellent, Origano too.

Civerinos is a feat of marketing. Run by arseholes for dupable hipsters.

I love The Caprice in Mussy but its probably a nostalgia or loyalty thing more than anything!!

8 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

I’ve never been but a mate of mine has been going to jolly’s for years. Says it’s always great and fairly priced. 

It's brilliant. It looks a bit of a dump but that's part of the charm, it's cheap as chips, the pizzas and pasta portions are huge and it's a proper family run place.

I also really like Pizza Geeks on Dalry Road although it's a bit more of a pit stop for a quick pizza and beer on a night out kinda place. 

I used to love Jollys but the quality has dipped a lot in recent years, pizza Pino or Santino was always my go to but the last couple of times I have been massively disappointed 

It's a shame because when I lived in Niddrie, Vito used to deliver because I was in there so often with my Italian exgf 

Phil Dunphy

Honestly can’t stand the utter guff you’re sold by places live Civerinos, Dough or La Fav. 

I’d rather eat a frozen number from Chicago Town than eat at any of the above. 

Sexton Hardcastle
19 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

Pizza posto is good if you are just after pizza.

Smashing place and the size/quality of the pizza is excellent.

35 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Is Bar Lazio on Lothian Road still going? Never had a better Calzone than theirs.

Closed a few years ago, used to love their Calzone's too.

Like the first couple of recommendations on this thread, I can recommend Pizzeria 1926, cracking Neapolitan style pizzas.

Edited by Louis Litt

Ron Burgundy

Was at Vittorias on George IV bridge on Sunday. First time and thought it was nice. 20% off with a Hearts or Flumps season ticket as well (not the drinks though).

1926, never had a bad pizza there. Their prices have just gone up but still tremendous pizzas. 

I like Pizza geeks at Haymarket/Dalry too, the arcade machine/table a nice wee quirk too. 

21 minutes ago, duncaniw said:

Not been mentioned yet but I can vouch for excellent pizza from East Pizzas on Commerical Street. https://www.eastpizzas.com/ 

Excellent! I was going to post this. The pickle side you can get (take away anyway) is one of the best things I've tasted ...

Posto is decent also

N Lincs Jambo
4 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

Closed a few years ago, used to love their Calzone's too.

Like the first couple of recommendations on this thread, I can recommend Pizzeria 1926, cracking Neapolitan style pizzas.

Cheers Louis, shame it’s closed. I’ll need to try 1926 next time I’m back in Edinburgh 

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Zlatanable said:

dunno if its good, but I am gonna try it

Was just discussing this with a friend, will definitely try it too. 

11 hours ago, Helzibob said:

Was just discussing this with a friend, will definitely try it too. 

Been to the one near kings cross and it was good

Francis Albert
On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 20:23, Zlatanable said:

The best Pizzas in London. Or pretty much anywhere. And, incredibly, cheaper than Pizza Express (which itself is by no means the worst).

On 24/04/2019 at 15:26, Toggie88 said:

Went there after the cup final - really enjoyed it.

3 hours ago, Dunks said:

Went there after the cup final - really enjoyed it.

Think I've been a few times since I first posted that - seems to be doing a roaring a trade and despite being aimed at primarily students, the last time I was in a couple weeks there was a good a lot of families with kids for lunch, which was good to see. 

Maroon Sailor
On 22/08/2019 at 20:23, Zlatanable said:

Went there today and I would recommend it - a really decent pizza 

Pizzeria 1926 on Dalry Road, a few others have recommended this one as well.  Best pizza in town, authentic Naples style and absolutely delicious.

On 25/08/2019 at 11:32, Bigsmak said:

If its just pizza they want - and your boy loves Star Wars or anything like that - try Pizza Geeks - https://www.pizzageeks.co.uk/

Its on Dalry Road, Haymarket end... Good food and a nice place to sit in. 

Great lunch deals too