Souttar transfer speculation ( edited )

a11ank

1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

FFS. No surprises we’re playing one of the arse cheeks at the weekend then? Every time. Sick of these two tumours clinging on to the Scottish game.

Should have been Craigs first words....followed by his response lol.....he's no going there :clyay:

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff Turn

• Section Q

• Bazzas right boot

6 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Levein doesn't have much say in it.

As manager, director of football and a board member, he has plenty say in it. Souttar might end up at Wolves with the Cathro connection.

Bazzas right boot

A wee look on Bearsden, and Suprised to seem some normal posts. 

Also appears CL has a few fans over there because of the way he winds folk up. 

Probably more fans on there than here. ?

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Mr Elwood P
57 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

wouldnt usually go on other teams pages but since you posted the link...

"souttar is not a £2m player"

"David bates is better than Souttar"

"hes probably a rangers hating scumbag"

:laugh:

I like to go on FollowFollow and bask is their misery when they’ve had a bad result. The thread after King’s ‘imminent’ dominance statement was some laugh. Cretins to a man. Apparently they have 15000 on their season ticket waiting list after getting launched out of both cups by Aberdeen!

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Mr Elwood P
46 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

Is he Rangers minded? What does that actually mean? Does he hate Catholic’s? Rangers fans are a wierd bunch

Shallowest end of a very shallow Scottish gene pool. Had the misfortune of having a couple of pints in The Louden pre match a few weeks ago. A staggering bunch, whose idiocy is only matched by their ugliness.

1 hour ago, Darren said:

As manager, director of football and a board member, he has plenty say in it. Souttar might end up at Wolves with the Cathro connection.

Clubs have no control over players these days.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Clubs have no control over players these days.

They have some if they're under Contract for the next three years. 

I would like to think Souttar looks at the likes Of Robertson at Liverpool and thinks to himself, that’s what I need to be aiming for, and not some broken down tribute act and n Govan.

Unknown user
8 hours ago, bajthejambo said:

I think Souttar will end up at Newcastle. Based on absolutely nothing apart from my own thoughts. Feel free to make your own suggestions.

I reckon Wolves are a good shout, Cathro's known him since he was a laddie.

4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

This is the best bit for me...

"Since Gerrard’s arrival at Ibrox, all eyes in the media have been on Rangers and if Souttar submitted the sort of displays for the Gers that he is capable of; then he soon would be highly sought-after."

Are they buying him to sell him?

Completely and utterly delusional! 

14 hours ago, Jerah Jambo said:

It never ceases to amaze that the Scottish media seem to think that any young player showing real potential have, as the the height of their ambition, to play for one of the Old Firm.  With the money splashing around the English game and clubs from Europe looking at the UK as a market as well, the opportunities for them has never been better and I'm quite sure JS is aware of that.

The astonished "he wouldn't go there?" follow up as Levein was getting up really sums it up. They genuinely couldn't comprehend that a player in Scotland would rather go down south than join the Ibrox circus.

1 hour ago, a11ank said:

This is the best bit for me...

"Since Gerrard’s arrival at Ibrox, all eyes in the media have been on Rangers and if Souttar submitted the sort of displays for the Gers that he is capable of; then he soon would be highly sought-after."

Are they buying him to sell him?

Completely and utterly delusional! 

This for me was the best bit.

"Any player would be tempted to jump ship at the thought of racking up silverware and he surely knows that his chances of medals are better at Rangers."

Obviously ignoring the fact that we have a cup final in a few weeks.

If Soapy finishes the season well and gives a strong performance in the cup final then I'd expect some interest.

I think Rangers see a delusional type of deal involving Lee Wallace.

Levein and Budge wont be bullied that's for sure.

Souttar is grounded, has good people around him, intelligent and will only get better and better 

that’s why there is zero chance the windae lickers from the west will get him. The only folk that think there is any hope is the zombie hoardes that follow that dispicable  lot, and since most of them don’t have a brain between them then the notion that he would take a step down in his career after progressing well and go there when He can do far better and go to a far bigger club than that wee lot should be given the ridicule and disdain it deserves 

47 minutes ago, Section Q said:

If Soapy finishes the season well and gives a strong performance in the cup final then I'd expect some interest.

I think Rangers see a delusional type of deal involving Lee Wallace.

Levein and Budge wont be bullied that's for sure.

Extremely delusional , Wallace is out of contract

A_A wehatethehibs

All Souttar needs to do is look at the dreadful post-Hearts careers of: Templeton, Black, Wallace, Holt, Wilson, Lafferty to see what happens to Hearts players who move to Rangers. 

He then can look at the example careers of his team mate and captain Christoph Berra, along with more recently his pals Calum Paterson (earning 4x as much as any Rangers player) Andy Robertson (probably earning the same as the entire Rangers squad put together) and even his old foe John McGinn who will be on a good chunk more than any old firm players & then if Villa go up those earnings will go up massively like Paterson’s 

Based on that it is obvious what the smart move is for a Hearts player / any young Scottish player. Rangers are not a smart destination for career progression, it’s a dead end for the majority of careers. A good move for players like Arfield or Alan McGregor coming back from England looking for a good career ending 3 or 4 year contract

Souttar is a smart guy and it’ll be an upper / mid championship club with a good manager, and it’ll be £3-5m plus add-Ons. Derby have been in for him in the past. If he fails or doesn’t quite make the grade there, that’s when a move back to Scotland to the likes of Rangers or back to Hearts would make most sense in his career. But if he succeeds and gets into that premier league, you are talking a different financial stratosphere and also different class of footballer development, as a pro player without doubt England is the #1 move.

12 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

All Souttar needs to do is look at the dreadful post-Hearts careers of: Templeton, Black, Wallace, Holt, Wilson, Lafferty to see what happens to Hearts players who move to Rangers. 

He then can look at the example careers of his team mate and captain Christoph Berra, along with more recently his pals Calum Paterson (earning 4x as much as any Rangers player) Andy Robertson (probably earning the same as the entire Rangers squad put together) and even his old foe John McGinn who will be on a good chunk more than any old firm players & then if Villa go up those earnings will go up massively like Paterson’s 

Based on that it is obvious what the smart move is for a Hearts player / any young Scottish player. Rangers are not a smart destination for career progression, it’s a dead end for the majority of careers. A good move for players like Arfield or Alan McGregor coming back from England looking for a good career ending 3 or 4 year contract

Souttar is a smart guy and it’ll be an upper / mid championship club with a good manager, and it’ll be £3-5m plus add-Ons. Derby have been in for him in the past. If he fails or doesn’t quite make the grade there, that’s when a move back to Scotland to the likes of Rangers or back to Hearts would make most sense in his career. But if he succeeds and gets into that premier league, you are talking a different financial stratosphere and also different class of footballer development, as a pro player without doubt England is the #1 move.

Agree with this. Anyone with confidence in their ability would want to play at the top. Soapy had an unhappy last season at Dundee Utd and will want to chose carefully if/when he moves. Rangers have an awful lot to do to gain any credibility in the game. Young players should take note.

The Real Maroonblood
23 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I think big Soapy would suit playing in Germany tbh 

Failing that, I think the likes of Derby, Aston Villa, Leeds Utd, would suit John Souttar.

It makes me laugh how the media here go on like moving to Rangers are this massive step up. Maybe 20 years ago. Not these days. 

Good post. 

maroonnicky63

The thing is levein takes a lot of stick on here but he has had faith in Soutar even when he struggled with form at times and deserves loads of credit for that. Just look back and see how many doubters there were on here who slated the young lad on many occasions, the usual ones will come on here and say they can’t remember him getting pelters but he did, plenty of them. Souter is a prime example of being patient with young lads and letting them grow naturally, a few red faces on here who have gone very quiet on the young lad. Hope he doesn’t go any where near Rangers, if he wants to improve he needs to get away from this one horse race of a league and good luck to him. 

TorinoJambo

If he was at a division one team just now, say Coventry or Blackpool, and a top Championship/ lower Premier team wanted him the going rate would be 6-8 million at least. That should be the benchmark.

On 18/04/2019 at 17:56, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Who’s mike Martin?

Used to be involved at Dundee UTD, chair who brought the Americans in.

22 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Extremely delusional , Wallace is out of contract

That would be even sweeter. Extend Wallace’s contract to use him as a bargaining chip. Told to GTF by Ann.

Left with a player they have no intention of playing for another 2/3 years. 

Phil Dunphy

John Souttar won’t be going from Hearts to Rangers. No interest in playing for them at all. 

Source? John Souttar. 

Derby are under threat of a transfer embargo, so can't see them having 5 million to cough up unless by some miracle they get promoted to the EPL.

And, the Deed lot haven't got it

Record stirring the pot

Derby need to get promoted. 

If they do all the current issues will go away as they will be in a different league. 

Need to get into Play Offs first then get past Leeds and Aston Villa or West Brom. 

Edited by Mikey1874

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Derby need to get promoted. 

If they do all the current issues will go away as they will be in a different league. 

Need to get into Play Offs first then get past Leeds and Aston Villa or West Brom. 

Which is not going to happen, if they do make the play offs they won't win it, not good enough.

Famous 1874

Type of team he could go to. Milk a 5 million plus fee and stick on a 20% sell on fee. 

Although that will depend on their financial and transfer state. 

Austin MacGlee
9 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Agent putting the players name about? 

This is where I'm at too. His name is being bandied about a lot just now...

12 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Which is not going to happen, if they do make the play offs they won't win it, not good enough.

In which case they are in the shit. 

With or without Frank Lampard. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Apart from Uche, Haring and Naismith I simply could not care about losing one player.  I like Souttar but we were always going to lose him for a juicy carrot.

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

Sorry but £5 Million is never going to happen, not in a million years.  I will be gutted if we cash in any form all the same.

Inch Hearts
9 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

This is where I'm at too. His name is being bandied about a lot just now...

Yeah, if it’s just the huns as usual trying to get him on the cheap then why would there be publicised competition.  He’s done us a great turn and will get good money but I think he will go come the summer, definitely down south though. 

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Apart from Uche, Haring and Naismith I simply could not care about losing one player.  I like Souttar but we were always going to lose him for a juicy carrot.

I don’t think you need to worry about Uche. Nobody in their right senses is going to make a bid for him.

1 minute ago, Prof said:

I don’t think you need to worry about Uche. Nobody in their right senses is going to make a bid for him.

:what:

I'd hope Souttar recognises he can be much better than English Championship level. I wouldn't be surprised if a reasonably well established Premiership club ended up buying him - a Newcastle, Crystal Palace etc. The Scottish market is cheap and if Souttar played down south clubs would be paying far more than the £3-5 million he'll probably end up going for. Alfie Mawson (same age, similar career appearances) going to Fulham for £20 million last summer shows that. 

StirlingJambo

We sold Craig Gordon 12 years ago for 9 million because he was young and had so much potential. John is in the same bracket and I don’t think we should be selling him unless it’s for the same price or more especially with what the transfer market is like nowadays.

Maroonblood22

"It means the Ibrox side need competition for Connor Goldson and Nikola Katic ahead of next season."

:rofl: What a ****ing rag that paper is! Souttar to join the huns as competition for those two :rofl: 

This would be the same Derby County currently under a transfer embargo

They certainly must be looking at the scottish market with their interest in Shinnie also but looking is not the same as buying and if £5 million was on offer we'd be mad not to snap it up