Souttar transfer speculation ( edited )

a11ank

Fxxx the SPFL
3 hours ago, reaths17 said:

no he hasn't, just everybody joining in with the doncasters and such running our game, dragging it down at every opportunity with their negativity and uselessness.

our players aren't as pish as made out. andy Robertson didn't look anything great up here and mcginn was hibs best player by miles.

people, ready to give souttar away for any old bag of washers are idiots. instead of low balling offers, try looking on the sunny side and bum him up(ooh er misses) he's nae baresi but he's still very good and can only improve, worth every penny and more  of what their bumming McKenna up, looks the better of the 2 everytime I've seen either.

instead of knocking everything hearts try looking on the bright side, to many negative,moaning faced, miserable, whinging erses following hearts these days

spot on too many moaning barstewards and i could guarantee the vast majority are young whippersnappers who were brought up in the Romanov era when we were splashing the cash (we didn't have) bringing international players, paying humungous wages, humping the Hobbits regularly. We should send them all back in a time machine to the seventies then they would know what keech it was then, all imo of course  :whistling:

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff Turn

• Section Q

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

spot on too many moaning barstewards and i could guarantee the vast majority are young whippersnappers who were brought up in the Romanov era when we were splashing the cash (we didn't have) bringing international players, paying humungous wages, humping the Hobbits regularly. We should send them all back in a time machine to the seventies then they would know what keech it was then, all imo of course  :whistling:

Yeah the 70s were awful no doubt, the wage bill wasn’t anywhere near what it is now with crowds averaging 6/7k less and turnover far higher now. 

The Romanov era in the main was poor without gaining value for money from the squad, sound familiar?

We have jumped the hobos in most decades of our history bar two I think?

We have played 26 players with International experience this season and only a handful will be on big wages. 

If you have a time machine can we head back to a time where we played attacking football and got value for money, even Levein’s first spell was better although crowds dipped season on season.

4 hours ago, reaths17 said:

no he hasn't, just everybody joining in with the doncasters and such running our game, dragging it down at every opportunity with their negativity and uselessness.

our players aren't as pish as made out. andy Robertson didn't look anything great up here and mcginn was hibs best player by miles.

people, ready to give souttar away for any old bag of washers are idiots. instead of low balling offers, try looking on the sunny side and bum him up(ooh er misses) he's nae baresi but he's still very good and can only improve, worth every penny and more  of what their bumming McKenna up, looks the better of the 2 everytime I've seen either.

instead of knocking everything hearts try looking on the bright side, to many negative,moaning faced, miserable, whinging erses following hearts these days

Spot on. 

41 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Might have to retract this.

The threat of the transfer embargo seems to have been dodged by selling their stadium to the owner for 80 million and thus turning another loss season into a profit 

80 million for Pride Park seems good business for the owner.  Good facilities and smart stadium

The ground sale turned a £65 million loss for 2017-18 into a £15 million profit. As you say puts the risk of sanctions aside. 

But wait and see how much they lose for 2018-19. Still need to get promoted. 

Edited by Mikey1874

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The ground sale turned a £65 million loss for 2017-18 into a £15 million profit. As you say puts the risk of sanctions aside. 

But wait and see how much they lose for 2018-19. Still need to get promoted. 

I have seen them play this season and I would be amazed if they go up, but you never know - its a lottery and not always the fancied team wins

1 hour ago, Russ1977 said:

I hope your last paragraph wasn’t aimed at me as I didn’t even quote anything to do with hearts in my post. 

na, not for anybody in particular, you were quoted simply for mcginn

40 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah the 70s were awful no doubt, the wage bill wasn’t anywhere near what it is now with crowds averaging 6/7k less and turnover far higher now. 

The Romanov era in the main was poor without gaining value for money from the squad, sound familiar?

We have jumped the hobos in most decades of our history bar two I think?

We have played 26 players with International experience this season and only a handful will be on big wages. 

If you have a time machine can we head back to a time where we played attacking football and got value for money, even Levein’s first spell was better although crowds dipped season on season.

Utterly ridiculous statement to make but characteristic.  It's like comparing someone's wage today with what they were earning 40 years ago.

As usual though, nothing to do with the subject of the thread (Souttar) and another opportunity to kick the club.  Well done!

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, reaths17 said:

Hibs fans voted McGeouch as their player of the season last year, but then he’s struggling with Sunderland in the league below McGinn who’s flying with Villa. Shows how much they know.

As for bumming up our players in Scotland you do have a point, it seems the media only do it with OF players and those linked with them like McGinn.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Morph said:

Why should we accept shite now because we were bad in the 70s?

Because we are Hearts supporters and we’ve never been any good apparently, and we are not allowed to hope or want better. We then get accused of slating the club by the same people who say we should accept mediocrity. Ironic and/or moronic ??‍♂️?

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hibs fans voted McGeouch as their player of the season last year, but then he’s struggling with Sunderland in the league below McGinn who’s flying with Villa. Shows how much they know.

As for bumming up our players in Scotland you do have a point, it seems the media only do it with OF players and those linked with them like McGinn.

Again nothing to do with Souttar but seems up to date on ex-Hibs players.  Hmmm

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Because we are Hearts supporters and we’ve never been any good apparently, and we are not allowed to hope or want better. We then get accused of slating the club by the same people who say we should accept mediocrity. Ironic and/or moronic ??‍♂️?

Has Souttar made us mediocre or are you on the wrong thread again?

Craig Herbertson
9 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We’ll need to push our top wage up at some stage otherwise we’ll always be a mid table team. Good players aren’t cheap but i’d rather have good expensive players than 5 or 10 shite ones on 2-4K a week. 

The wage policy is a myth. We weren’t paying Lafferty sweeties and we’re certainly not paying Naismith buttons either. 

This is my hope. Basically when the work off the field is more or less completed we will start pushing it into the team.

Scott McKenna quoted at 7million

Souttar we start the bidding at 9 million , madness to let him go for any less, in today's market   

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Again nothing to do with Souttar but seems up to date on ex-Hibs players.  Hmmm

Absolutely reekin 

indianajones
13 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

No chance! Surely the clubs would sign them then give them a new contract a month later! 

Yeah good point although maybe the player would hold the new club to ransom a little bit when negotiating new terms.

Like i said, total video game question but something I have wondered about.  

fabienleclerq
8 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Yeah good point although maybe the player would hold the new club to ransom a little bit when negotiating new terms.

Like i said, total video game question but something I have wondered about.  

Probably was an option in one of the champ man's tbf. 

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Has Souttar made us mediocre or are you on the wrong thread again?

There’s barely a post on here talking about Souttar, are you all over their posts or are you just stalking me you utter trumpet. Now for the last time don’t tell me what and ****off and annoy someone else, this is the last time I ever respond to ??????????????????????????.

Edited by Pasquale for King

I like Souttar and he’s an absolute asset to our team in this league but if we get anymore than 3m for this boy we have won a watch! 

portobellojambo1
12 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Bad day at the office and put us under undue pressure a few times today. 

I have an awful lot of time for John Souttar but his performance in the 1st half today was awful, and hopefully he gets that out of his system quickly. He settled down a bit more in the 2nd half but in the 1st hald I thought he had his boots on the wrong feet.

maroonsgotop
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Worth 5,000,0000 Zimbabwean dollars after today’s performance. 

Had a shocker. What was wrong with him? :rofl:

maybe the Derby rumours are true and he is seriously distracted. That first half performance was as bad a performance as I have seen. They must have got a grip of him at half time as he improved quite a bit in the 2nd half

23 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I have an awful lot of time for John Souttar but his performance in the 1st half today was awful, and hopefully he gets that out of his system quickly. He settled down a bit more in the 2nd half but in the 1st hald I thought he had his boots on the wrong feet.

What on Earth was he doing with the ball in the corner near the end? Boy had a shocker. 

Ive a lot of time for Souttar but he’s got a lot to learn, and he’s far far too casual at times.

Rocky jamboa

He had a poor first half but settled more into it. 

I wonder if there was scouts from derby there today, which he was aware of, and put him off his game? 

54 minutes ago, red said:

I like Souttar and he’s an absolute asset to our team in this league but if we get anymore than 3m for this boy we have won a watch! 

Why do folk need to talk down our biggest and best asset? He's young, inconsistency is expected. He's maturing and will continue to improve. At the start of the season he was unreal but as others in our team have failed his form has suffered. 

Does not mean he is worth less. Better and more gifted footballer than McKenna and should rightly go for £5m or more. 

portobellojambo1
24 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

What on Earth was he doing with the ball in the corner near the end? Boy had a shocker. 

Ive a lot of time for Souttar but he’s got a lot to learn, and he’s far far too casual at times.

I was trying to remember any defensive lapses he made in the 2nd half, and couldn't and then guessed you were talking about when he picked up the ball wide on our right near their corner flag in a late attack. All it proved was that in an emergency he is not the player to turn to as someone to play out in a wide right forward position. He did have one colossal tackle in the 2nd half which stopped them just inside our penalty area. I think it was just one of those bad day at the office sort of days where his performance in the first half didn't actually contribute to a lost game, maybe in hindsight the best type of bad day at the office sort of day to have.

Edited by portobellojambo1

42 minutes ago, OTT said:

Why do folk need to talk down our biggest and best asset? He's young, inconsistency is expected. He's maturing and will continue to improve. At the start of the season he was unreal but as others in our team have failed his form has suffered. 

Does not mean he is worth less. Better and more gifted footballer than McKenna and should rightly go for £5m or more. 

I think people are being honest OTT, and he had a shocker of a first half.

He 100% is a talent but that does not mean he can escape criticism.

He almost cost us dearly on several occasions.

46 minutes ago, OTT said:

One bad performance doesn't make him inconsistent 

The Future's Maroon

Was told today he is off to Derby, all agreed between clubs and player....not claiming this is 100% accurate but it was doing the rounds today.

Personally hope not.

maroonsgotop
12 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Was told today he is off to Derby, all agreed between clubs and player....not claiming this is 100% accurate but it was doing the rounds today.

Personally hope not.

might explain why he was so distracted in that shocking first half performance

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Personally hope not.

Who told you?  Presumably someone ITK whose word you trust?

On 24/04/2019 at 23:56, Alan_R said:

would it though. The last poster wasn't giving literal examples, i took it to mean players performing well in the spfl for so called smaller clubs.

Id rather a smaller pool of dependable players than what we skoosh on a sizeable squad that still leaves us short.

Quality rather than quantity makes sense.

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

Who told you?  Presumably someone ITK whose word you trust?

Without sounding cheeky, I certainly ain’t going to name anyone!

The 2nd part of your post, yes I do as same person told me about Clare months before it happened.

I have heard it from three people over the course of today so not just me hearing it, as I stated though I hope it’s bollocks as I think another season with us/Scotland couple up his value a million or two.