• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff Turn

• Section Q

• Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Rangers simply could not afford him. 

This.  Absolutely no chance they could afford it, and why would he want to go there and stagnate. 

In fact, I hope we're done with dealing with them for all future transfers.

and on Steven Naismith:  "The worst outcome is really bad and I don't think it's worth that - especially if he is going to be here long term."

Thought Police

Just wish he’d taken it that one step further and called out the repeated speculation regarding our players when we’re due to play one of the OF

Captain Sausage

Would’ve preferred he had explicitly called the media out instead of walking out but his response I guess treated the questioning with the contempt it deserved. 

Bazzas right boot

Rangers put in their box. 

Still say any Interest from them will just spark a few clubs down south to move. 

If he plays well in the sc final, I reckon he'll be gone. That will be final straw for any interested clubs. 

19 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

and on Steven Naismith:  "The worst outcome is really bad and I don't think it's worth that - especially if he is going to be here long term."

I got a bit too excited about that sentence too!

Absolute Scenes
19 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Has he just let the cat out the bag??!

Tennant's  6's

Good. Tells it as it is, Soutter isn't an old firm sycophant. Maybe one more solid season, and he could be off to a decent Championship team, although I could see him being in demand from abroad,  like Germany or Holland.

Hopefully in the near future our young players will achieve things (Cup Finals/ Euro fitba) before they leave to a better league, not along the M8 to play in the sane footballing backwater for the rest if they'd careers. 

C Patz being the one shinning light of the last batch of Academy players

Lord Beni of Gorgie

No value in saying Naismith will play in the Cup Final, I think he will. Keep everyone else on their toes and taking the responsibility so we will barely notice Naisy scoring the 4th

I was talking to Mike Martin last night, albeit very briefly, and all the advice JS is being given is to leave Scotland if he leaves Hearts. Everyone at Dundee Utd, Hearts and within the Scotland set up know just how good he could be and that Rangers would be the wrong choice. But what does Mike Martin know?

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Brilliant. 

"Go there" 

Showing them the respect they deserve.

Robbo-Jambo

He is correctly being very coy about Naismith but I think he will play in the cup final or at worst be on the bench and also think he will be here next season on a permanent deal. IMHO.

20 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Brilliant. 

"Go there" 

Showing them the respect they deserve.

Gets up and walks out

nae pandering to the media

BZ CL

Edited by BelgeJambo

upgotheheads

John Souttar did the right thing by us by extending his contract. When he does leave, maybe in the close season next year, it will be for a lot more than Sevco are able or prepared to pay. One more factor, JS is an intelligent young man who will have offers from the EPL, he is ambitious and will recognise a dead-end  like Sevco when he sees one.

Thought Police
5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Levein doesn't have much say in it.

No he doesn’t. But Souttar does, and that’s the point he made.

bajthejambo

I think Souttar will end up at Newcastle. Based on absolutely nothing apart from my own thoughts. Feel free to make your own suggestions.

chester copperpot

If John ever does leave us to go along the M8, it wont be to join Rangers that's for sure.

That link to Bears Den is driving me nuts. Know your place diddy teams.

For any Rangers fan looking in, YOU LET YOUR CLUB DIE.

Less history than One Direction

The Treasurer
18 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

If John ever does leave us to go along the M8, it wont be to join Rangers that's for sure.

:laugh2: :thumbsup:

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

Not a chance he goes to rangers. He’ll probably  go to a lower end English premier club

In my fm game ( I know), Bournemouth take him for £8m.

Got £5m later on due to a sell on clause as well. 

I'd take that. ?

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

And ironically they are heading in the "same direction" again. 

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Levein doesn't have much say in it.

He never said he does. 

But with a three year contract in place, he does have a say. ?

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

Not a chance he goes to rangers. He’ll probably  go to a lower end English premier club

Yip, 

If they do thier £1.5m plus Lafferty nonesense, they will be laughed at and imo a few other clubs will step forwards with more realistic bids. 

Giants such as Bournemouth, Cardiff Norwich, Hull, Burnley, Leeds or even a Southampton level club will come in and make rangers look like what rangers fans themselves call a "Diddy club". 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Cruyff Turn

I think big Soapy would suit playing in Germany tbh 

Failing that, I think the likes of Derby, Aston Villa, Leeds Utd, would suit John Souttar.

It makes me laugh how the media here go on like moving to Rangers are this massive step up. Maybe 20 years ago. Not these days. 

If we do sell him we'll get maroon tress and replay screens.  Won't be going to Glasgow and won't be going for less than ,£5m.

haveyouheard 22

Rangers for me could afford Soapy but that would leave them with he haw or next to nothing left

They will of course try to cherry pick anyone available  but thankfully we have the Kid on a long term deal which will scupper those weegie maggots attempts, which is sweet as ferk, changed days eh

I just wish there was some mechanism to make these barstewards pay the £75m to HMRC if tgey really are the same club. See how well they'd be doing with that burden around their collective necks.

2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I think big Soapy would suit playing in Germany tbh 

Failing that, I think the likes of Derby, Aston Villa, Leeds Utd, would suit John Souttar.

It makes me laugh how the media here go on like moving to Rangers are this massive step up. Maybe 20 years ago. Not these days. 

Agree with the teams you mention.

They all try to play football based on quick passing with intelligent players. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Jambo 4 Ever
4 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

I was talking to Mike Martin last night, albeit very briefly, and all the advice JS is being given is to leave Scotland if he leaves Hearts. Everyone at Dundee Utd, Hearts and within the Scotland set up know just how good he could be and that Rangers would be the wrong choice. But what does Mike Martin know?

Who’s mike Martin?

Souttar is too good to risk progressing via Rangers.     I think Levein will tell him that and keep telling him.

It's big money for us when Soutter leaves.     Rangers part in that will be as spectators.     

Naismith may well be looking good for fitness but Levein wont say anything now because of the risk of a set back.     Saying anything to suggest a player is already a guaranteed pick sends out an iffy message to other players.     They all deserve encouragement to compete for a pick.    

I get the impression JS is an intelligent fellow. CL probably felt exasperated that anyone could think this was a flier. Plus ca change etc

Jack Torrance

FFS. No surprises we’re playing one of the arse cheeks at the weekend then? Every time. Sick of these two tumours clinging on to the Scottish game.

Portable Badger

Soapy will be going South when it's time to go.  Rankers have no frigging chance of securing him while he's got a hole in his arse!!!

Naisy - fantastic signal from CL and those on JKB recently who 'had a chat with SN'.   It would surprise me if he's not the Manager in 2 years time.

Huns are spewing they canny afford him hahahahahaha

Also, the lad is going to spend his best years in the EPL, not talking to the Scottish press about how they're still the same club.

Nae Class, Nae Cash and Nae History. 

Jerah Jambo

It never ceases to amaze that the Scottish media seem to think that any young player showing real potential have, as the the height of their ambition, to play for one of the Old Firm.  With the money splashing around the English game and clubs from Europe looking at the UK as a market as well, the opportunities for them has never been better and I'm quite sure JS is aware of that.

6 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

wouldnt usually go on other teams pages but since you posted the link...

"souttar is not a £2m player"

"David bates is better than Souttar"

"hes probably a rangers hating scumbag"

:laugh: