Run over phone

Prince Buaben

Prince Buaben

The wife left her phone on the car roof, it’s flew off and been run over. It’s turned itself off. Is there a way of getting the data off it such as the photos?

Have you tried just plugging it into the laptop to see if it actually connects?

If not, I'd bin the wife, and start taking new photos with a new bursd.

28 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

The wife left her phone on the car roof, it’s flew off and been run over. It’s turned itself off. Is there a way of getting the data off it such as the photos?

Hmmm. What she should have done is backed up all her photos to a cloud storage service like Samsung Cloud, Google Drive, OneDrive or something similar, then she would be easily able to access and recover them online in circumstances such as this.

zV2u-jKs_400x400.jpg

Prince Buaben
4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Have you tried just plugging it into the laptop to see if it actually connects?

If not, I'd bin the wife, and start taking new photos with a new bursd.

Yeah not registering in the computer at all

Prince Buaben
3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Hmmm. What she should have done is backed up all her photos to a cloud storage service like Samsung Cloud, Google Drive, OneDrive or something similar, then she would be easily able to access and recover them online in circumstances such as this.

zV2u-jKs_400x400.jpg

:spoton:

2 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

Yeah not registering in the computer at all

You might be lucky, and they'll be able to recover the data from the memory, as long as it's not been cracked or damaged.

You'll not know unless you take it in to a shop and ask them to have a look.  Probably best going into the Samsung shop, as they might be able to transplant the bits into a working phone and grab the content.

If the board or memory chip is damaged though, you're humped.

33 minutes ago, Rab87 said:

Did she have an SD card in the phone?

Think she needs an SD card to remember to take the bloody phone off the car roof next time! 

1 hour ago, Prince Buaben said:

Maybe it's just a flat battery. :peepwall:

I can't help, but can advise that Google Photos is such an amazing app to backup photos automatically as soon as you go into WiFi, so make sure she has this app going forward. 

I have years of photos taken from several different phones all backed automatically. 

Robbo-Jambo
4 hours ago, Prince Buaben said:

Sorry mate but that made me laugh a bit when you said it got run over like a cat or dog.

Hope she gets it sorted ok.

I once did that after the wife asked me to use my phone because hers had run out of battery. 

Totally innocent. 

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

I once did that after the wife asked me to use my phone because hers had run out of battery. 

Totally innocent. 

Did you manage to get back into your Tinder ok?