• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Nookie Bear

• Shanks said no

• Jambo 4 Ever

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

They'll be there most definitely in both ends of the ground.

I think it’s guaranteed this final will showcase the best and worst of our fan base. 

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

From what I'm hearing they've already asked if all their players can wear No5 in tribute to McNeil for the final, they were allowed to do this for Jimmy Johnstone when he died allegedly, but it wasn't a cup final. 

Seriously if they’re allowed this it’s a disgrace, it’s a national cup final not a friendly to commentate the passing of a Celtic legend. They should retire the no5 shirt that would be a far more fitting tribute. 

Honestly it’s starting to wind me right up, I hope the Hearts squad feel the same, would love to smash them in this, sick of us being treated as some wee diddy team that’s just supposed to turn up and get our bellies tickled so the gushing can go on for years!

Ive got every respect for the passing of Billy McNeil an icon of Scottish football but this is a cup final not a tribute game, it’s almost as if we’ll be lambasted if we dare to win it!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
23 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Never said I’d set anything up champ. Just that your lazy comment about Hearts being above such things is arrogant. 

If it works for much bigger and supportive fan bases than our own, then to poo poo the idea because you think it’s something Hibs came up with is a bit sad. 

Never mentioned Hibs champ. Or it being below us.

Just we are traditional. We don't need to do these things for identity. 

The thread thus far bears that out

The Old Tolbooth
2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Seriously if they’re allowed this it’s a disgrace, it’s a national cup final not a friendly to commentate the passing of a Celtic legend. They should retire the no5 shirt that would be a far more fitting tribute. 

Honestly it’s starting to wind me right up, I hope the Hearts squad feel the same, would love to smash them in this, sick of us being treated as some wee diddy team that’s just supposed to turn up and get our bellies tickled so the gushing can go on for years!

Ive got every respect for the passing of Billy McNeil an icon of Scottish football but this is a cup final not a tribute game, it’s almost as if we’ll be lambasted if we dare to win it!

I agree mate, we're simply guests at their treble treble party, that's how everyone outside of Edinburgh sees us. 

I'd imagine there will be a last night of the proms type display organised in some sections. 

#bringthejack

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Marriott said:

I'd imagine there will be a last night of the proms type display organised in some sections. 

#bringthejack

Well I certainly hope Hampden turns out to be our Land of Hope and Glory 25 May 

4 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

That shitty sun thing Hibs did in 2012 was almost as embarrassing as their performance.

Twirly for me.

I'm still trying to work out what the feck that was meant to be.

Another vote for Twirly.

The Natural Order
5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Mass twirly as is tradition. Displays are artificial and there is nothing artificial about Heart of Midlothian Football Club

This. Displays are a bit H1b5.

3 hours ago, TheStig said:

To be fair we have the most boring set of fans around, we can't even do a decent twirly these days never mind set up a good display.

As demonstrated by this post?

6 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Seems to be the norm for the past couple of years fans behind the goals having a display. Is this something the clubs finance and arrange or the SFA put on? No doubt Celtic will have a tribute to McNeil so what is likely to happen in our end? Dig out the old Neilson plane banner and update it?

Seriously hope whoever does get involved for us finds something decent. 

It’s something that’s never going to be as impressive as abroad but some teams’ supporters are trying and I, for one, welcome it. Adds a bit more theatre to an occasion.

Will we do it ?

Fat chance !

Francis Albert
6 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Mass twirly as is tradition. Displays are artificial and there is nothing artificial about Heart of Midlothian Football Club

Correct answer.

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

From what I'm hearing they've already asked if all their players can wear No5 in tribute to McNeil for the final, they were allowed to do this for Jimmy Johnstone when he died allegedly, but it wasn't a cup final. 

Might make it more difficult for the ref to spot Broonie's third red card offense. Not that that excuse is necessary for our refs..

mulleted_jambo
51 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

This. Displays are a bit H1b5.

Teams all over the world do it. Almost every team has done it in a cup final(even semi finals) recently at Hampden. It is nothing to do with Hibs.

If done well it can look very good, although can look terrible if not. Our fan base isn’t organised enough to do a good one though so probably best to leave it. 

17 minutes ago, mulleted_jambo said:

Teams all over the world do it. Almost every team has done it in a cup final(even semi finals) recently at Hampden. It is nothing to do with Hibs.

If done well it can look very good, although can look terrible if not. Our fan base isn’t organised enough to do a good one though so probably best to leave it. 

Correct. 

As a club we seem to hate any kind of organised group

JKB does not help with regards to this with posters slamming those who try anything to improve matters

I am always surprised we have no kind of formal fans group to lead the way in organising displays etc

It can look fantastic but it takes time leadership and willingness......qualities many on here have but others would pillory any attempts to bring fans together

5 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

We shall go on to the end. We shall fight at Hampden, we shall fight in the first half and the second, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our goal, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the benches, we shall fight on the wings, we shall fight in defence and in the midfield , we shall fight in attack; we shall never surrender.

Bit rangers, no?

Shanks said no
6 minutes ago, Nightwing said:

Bit rangers, no?

'The Hun is always either at your throat or at your feet'

Speech before a Joint Session of Congress on 19 May 1943.

This time no editing was required

Love the twirly. One of the best sights in Scottish football. However, it would happen regardless.

Some sort of display would also be cool though.

?

In keeping with the progressive nature of HMFC I would like to see a display of maroon and white streamers and flags only as long as these disintegrate after 90 mins, and cause no offence to anybody at the match, are environmentally friendly and display a friendly gesture to the opposition manager in the hope he forgives the Gorgie for felling him with a coin under the Gorgie lights.

2 hours ago, mulleted_jambo said:

Wouldn't matter what we do it would be outshone by TGFITW .

We are guests on their big occasion that is the glorious TREBLE TREBLE.

Any display we concocted likely wouldn't even catch the sight of a TV camera.

At least that is how it feels going into this final.

The only difference I can see from 1976 and the Rangers party for the Treble that year is that at least we won't have to share a terracing with thousands of drunken Rangers fans mocking and looking for fights.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

As a club we seem to hate any kind of organised group

JKB does not help with regards to this with posters slamming those who try anything to improve matters

I am always surprised we have no kind of formal fans group to lead the way in organising displays etc

It can look fantastic but it takes time leadership and willingness......qualities many on here have but others would pillory any attempts to bring fans together

Yeah. Kickback seems to be the focus point for a lot of fans but perhaps is a slightly older demographic who tend to turn their noses up at this sort of thing?

Different Class
29 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

In keeping with the progressive nature of HMFC I would like to see a display of maroon and white streamers and flags only as long as these disintegrate after 90 mins, and cause no offence to anybody at the match, are environmentally friendly and display a friendly gesture to the opposition manager in the hope he forgives the Gorgie for felling him with a coin under the Gorgie lights.

:sleep: ?:sleep:? 

9 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Yep, spot on, good old fashioned scarf display with a few big rolls thrown for good measure. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Yep, spot on, good old fashioned scarf display with a few big rolls thrown for good measure. 

Bog roll. Touch of class  ?

3 hours ago, mulleted_jambo said:

Take our shit attempt at the thunder clap. If you're going to do something do it right.

Hackney Hearts

So that's decided then - a mass twirly, then a small card display which reads "CARD DISPLAYS ARE A BIT HIBS"

4 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

So that's decided then - a mass twirly, then a small card display which reads "CARD DISPLAYS ARE A BIT HIBS"

Good enough for me :laugh:

Deans Jambo

The Foundation of Hearts flags looked decent in the Wheatfield Stand for the Foundation day thingy.

North stand = flags. 

West Stand = twirly and/or steamers. 

The blizzard to be followed by a do or die performance which will be too much for Celtic.  That pre-supposes that Levein will be able to play his strongest side.

If our 5 at the back play well and our midfield contest every ball and get us moving forward, Uche and Naismith will do the rest.

I'm thinking positive for the first time since Sunday.  They will rightly be celebrating McNeil.  We will be celebrating John Cumming.

Two absolute greats.

• 5 weeks later...
Sexton Hardcastle

Appears the club have organised something. Giant hearts badge or ‘Gorgie Rules’?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Appears the club have organised something. Giant hearts badge or ‘Gorgie Rules’?

I hope its decent then. I don't like these things, traditionalist, but understand that plenty others do.

As someone mentioned earlier, Hibs one in 2012 was chronic. Maroon and white sections with flags, like Foundation Day would be a winner

Sexton Hardcastle
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I hope its decent then. I don't like these things, traditionalist, but understand that plenty others do.

As someone mentioned earlier, Hibs one in 2012 was chronic. Maroon and white sections with flags, like Foundation Day would be a winner

That was their fans/teenagers who sorted that shambles. If the club are funding it they will chucking a few grand at it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

That was their fans/teenagers who sorted that shambles. If the club are funding it they will chucking a few grand at it.

I'm sure we will Sexton. Be a great build up to this one.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Giant UJ plus flares and smoke bombs under every seat is what I've heard :eek:

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

You got any more info on this?

Thought Police
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Nailed it

9 minutes ago, jambo1998 said:

Hunners of flags

That will look the business. Well done to all involved. 

On 24/04/2019 at 09:39, Sir Gio said:

I'll be twirling my scarf above my head like is was in 98 ?

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Giant UJ plus flares and smoke bombs under every seat is what I've heard :eek:

Seriously hope anyone trying to get in with UJ is banned.  No need to bring one

If I see any tomorrow, I will point them out to the stewards