Cup final display

Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle

Seems to be the norm for the past couple of years fans behind the goals having a display. Is this something the clubs finance and arrange or the SFA put on? No doubt Celtic will have a tribute to McNeil so what is likely to happen in our end? Dig out the old Neilson plane banner and update it?

Seriously hope whoever does get involved for us finds something decent. 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Nookie Bear

• Shanks said no

• Jambo 4 Ever

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Mass twirly as is tradition. Displays are artificial and there is nothing artificial about Heart of Midlothian Football Club

ArcticJambo
7 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Seems to be the norm for the past couple of years fans behind the goals having a display. Is this something the clubs finance and arrange or the SFA put on? No doubt Celtic will have a tribute to McNeil so what is likely to happen in our end? Dig out the old Neilson plane banner and update it?

It's all shaping up to be a procession/nothing but a Celtic tribute.  I seriously hope we can **** them up!

4 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Going by everyone on here will we have enough at the final to cover a display 

We can always use the display to cover up the empty seats.?

Austin MacGlee
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Mass twirly as is tradition. Displays are artificial and there is nothing artificial about Heart of Midlothian Football Club

:spoton:

letsalldothebeattie
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

We can always use the display to cover up the empty seats.?

Excellent idea

Torry Jambo
11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Exactly This

15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Mass helicopter as is tradition. Displays are artificial and there is nothing artificial about Heart of Midlothian Football Club

Now it's a perfect paragraph. ?

Forza Cuore
6 minutes ago, martoon said:

Now it's a perfect paragraph. ?

I'm keeping my trousers up...nae Helicoptering till we've won!

29 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

This.

Just a big white flag! After all we’ll be expected just to surrender, roll over let them win the treble treble and dedicate it to Billy McNeil.

23 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Excellent idea

Its what Hibs would do after all. 

Edited by ramrod

9 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

I'm keeping my trousers up...nae Helicoptering till we've won!

:lol:

You'll be easy to spot at full time. 

The tragic passing off McNeil will almost make this final a tribute to him on their part. Not sure if there’s the will among our support currently for a display.

41 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Just a big white flag! After all we’ll be expected just to surrender, roll over let them win the treble treble and dedicate it to Billy McNeil.

Beat me to it Rudy. Judging by a lot of posters this is what we’d be as well doing. A big blood doesn’t show sign and the twirly is how it should be

Shanks said no
23 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

White handkerchiefs

We shall go on to the end. We shall fight at Hampden, we shall fight in the first half and the second, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our goal, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the benches, we shall fight on the wings, we shall fight in defence and in the midfield , we shall fight in attack; we shall never surrender.

Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

We shall go on to the end. We shall fight at Hampden, we shall fight in the first half and the second, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our goal, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the benches, we shall fight on the wings, we shall fight in defence and in the midfield , we shall fight in attack; we shall never surrender.

We will fight in the stands.

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

We will fight in the stands.

I could also have left in fighting in the streets but thought I better not.

The "Foundation Final" has a nice ring to it. The cup win to be dedicated to all the fans who saved the club. 

Feck Cellik and the weegie press and any attempt to hijack the final.

Shooter McGavin

Fill the place with flags, bit of maroon and white confetti, some streamers and a mass twirly as the players walk onto the park. Job done.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

We have some artificial players

2 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Is Billy McNeil deid!? I hadn't heard.?

To be fair we have the most boring set of fans around, we can't even do a decent twirly these days never mind set up a good display.

9 minutes ago, maroon said:

I liked the streamers in the 2012 final

Yeah - they looked good from what I remember

14 minutes ago, maroon said:

I liked the streamers in the 2012 final

Was just going to post this. Maroon and White streamers, and a mass twirly.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, jambmoz said:

The tragic passing off McNeil will almost make this final a tribute to him on their part. Not sure if there’s the will among our support currently for a display.

From what I'm hearing they've already asked if all their players can wear No5 in tribute to McNeil for the final, they were allowed to do this for Jimmy Johnstone when he died allegedly, but it wasn't a cup final. 

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Beat me to it Rudy. Judging by a lot of posters this is what we’d be as well doing. A big blood doesn’t show sign and the twirly is how it should be

Exactly!

Not the Heart of Midlothian I grew up supporting. Feck them all we should be using this as motivation to ruin their party! You want to make history then you stop the treble treble at the ‘Billy McNeil’ final, will be almost as epic as ramming the Hibs 5-1in a final!

Howdy Doody Jambo

These display placards and streamers are bad for the environment, think about the carbon footprint, cost and man hours to make and tidy up Hampdump just wear maroon and a mass twirly 

20 minutes ago, TheStig said:

To be fair we have the most boring set of fans around, we can't even do a decent twirly these days never mind set up a good display.

True. 

45 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

These display placards and streamers are bad for the environment, think about the carbon footprint, cost and man hours to make and tidy up Hampdump just wear maroon and a mass twirly 

The streamers in 2012 were biodegradable, Hampden insisted on it.

itsnomarooned
54 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

From what I'm hearing they've already asked if all their players can wear No5 in tribute to McNeil for the final, they were allowed to do this for Jimmy Johnstone when he died allegedly, but it wasn't a cup final. 

I think they're doing this at the weekend. Might also for the final I guess.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

How small time. 

E9117853-D042-4D8D-8D6F-D75E44CC2079.jpeg

You set that up, we'll twirl our scarves  :)

Edited by Sir Gio

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We have some artificial players

Hmmm, finding it hard to disagree, but pretty sure their limbs are most likely all "real"

Bindy Badgy
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Surely, I'm not the only one that thought of this

Phil Dunphy
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You set that up, we'll twirl our scarves  :)

Never said I’d set anything up champ. Just that your lazy comment about Hearts being above such things is arrogant. 

If it works for much bigger and supportive fan bases than our own, then to poo poo the idea because you think it’s something Hibs came up with is a bit sad.