What ever happened?

ollie2004

2014 - 2015 5 year plan!

Grest potential, Walker, Nicolson, King, Holt McHattie, Mackay, Ozturk, Sow, Zeefuik to name a few.

Now we struggle against most sides yet they swept the Championship aside including Sevco and the Vermin. WHY?

Edited by ollie2004
Typo

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1971fozzy

• BOBTHEBRUCE

• Finlay James

• shaun.lawson

Just now, TheBigO said:

Firstly its a very big step up between leagues

Not when you win by 20 odd points!

Look where Sevco and Vermon are now in comparison.

Calebs Grandad

The season previous when we were relegated we were equal with Celtic formwise over the last third of the season. The youngsters who were promoted into the first team performed brilliantly and this carried over into the Championship winning season when we strolled that league. For me a good few players started believing they were the finished article and could play at a higher level but simply were not as good as both themselves and their agents probably believed. 

portobellojambo1

We changed the way we played and suffered as a result. We played on the front foot in the Championship, the players looked as if they were enjoying it and the fans did. First away game back up the management team were shitting it about some guy called Rory Loy (sound like one of the suspects in the game of Cluedo) and we went up to Dens Park, lined up terribly in the first half, reverted to attacking 2nd half and as a result got a good result, but didn't learn from it.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Lord Beni of Gorgie

None of the named have done anything since. 

Rangers were always going to be better than they were then. We didn't sweep Hibs aside in the derbies that season. 

15 16 was ok but for 10 Ridiculous minutes that weren't forgotten. Neilson sulked jumped Cathro recovery job at a snail's pace hampered by injuries 

queensferryjambo
14 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

2014 - 2015 5 year plan!

Grest potential, Walker, Nicolson, King, Holt McHattie, Mackay, Ozturk, Sow, Zeefuik to name a few.

Now we struggle against most sides yet they swept the Championship aside including Sevco and the Vermin. WHY?

Can you tell me what the 5 year plan was again please?

13 minutes ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

2 shite manager appointments  is what happened 

1 actually - Cathro.

The other was a bit of a risk, but unfair to describe it as ‘shite’.

IMO

Edited by Morgan

4 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Can you tell me what the 5 year plan was again please?

Well stated on here and media mate.

Would have expected a return by now hopefullly FOH can help deliver but I for one can only think of one outcome in cup final and am dreading it!

Negative TUCTUCS.

Cathro.

Hanging players out to dry.

Playing injured players.

Over coaching.

Not risking injured players.

Under coaching.

Dinosaurs.

Murrayfield.

Duds.

Finlay James
18 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

Not when you win by 20 odd points!

Look where Sevco and Vermon are now in comparison.

??? The vermin are a few points ahead of us in 5th place and celebrating it like they've won the league.  Meanwhile, we have been beyond shit this season but are still only a couple of points behind them and have reached the last four of the league cup and the final of the Scottish cup.  Don't even get me started in the difference in infrastructure of the two clubs because there is no comparison.

Hibs would give anything to be in our position right now and what we are building towards while they, along with other clubs, stand still.

queensferryjambo
Just now, ollie2004 said:

Well stated on here and media mate.

Would have expected a return by now hopefullly FOH can help deliver but I for one can only think of one outcome in cup final and am dreading it!

If it was well stated I would love to see it. I have tried to find a club statement or a copy of the 5 year plan as given by Ann Budge or the FOH but cannot.

So if you have a link or that info it would be much appreciated.

1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

??? The vermin are a few points ahead of us in 5th place and celebrating it like they've won the league.  Meanwhile, we have been beyond shit this season but are still only a couple of points behind them and have reached the last four of the league cup and the final of the Scottish cup.  Don't even get me started in the difference in infrastructure of the two clubs because there is no comparison.

Hibs would give anything to be in our position right now and what we are building towards while they, along with other clubs, stand still.

Really mate! I think we have regressed, poor fair on pitch and no fight by team.

18 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

We got beat by Aberdeen at tynecastle, changed to a more cautious style of play and it's been that way ever since. 

Is a very succinct way to put it. 

That autumn Neilson - ridiculously - attempted to defend half-time leads at Tynecastle against vastly inferior Dundee and Killie teams and paid the price. I’ve no idea what went on in the half-time team-talks that season but I do remember us being there for the taking in the first 15 minutes of the second half of just about every home game.

Of course those were just rehearsals for the worst piece of game management ever.

Edited by leginten

Finlay James
1 minute ago, ollie2004 said:

Really mate! I think we have regressed, poor fair on pitch and no fight by team.

Its temporary mate, we'll be back before long

2 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

If it was well stated I would love to see it. I have tried to find a club statement or a copy of the 5 year plan as given by Ann Budge or the FOH but cannot.

So if you have a link or that info it would be much appreciated.

Check out JammyT thread 16 April 2019 for discussion.

5 minutes ago, leginten said:

That autumn Neilson - ridiculously - attempted to defend half-time leads at Tynecastle against vastly inferior Dundee and Killie teams and paid the price. I’ve no idea what went on in the half-time team-talks that season but I do remember us being there for the taking in the first 15 minutes of just about every home game.

Of course those were just rehearsals for the worst piece of game management ever.

Insert a Perry kitchen type who's only job was to defend and pass sideways. The slow deliberate build up has been the same since and that's with 3 different managers. 

BOBTHEBRUCE

Craig Levein's ego got in the way, 

We failed to keep a lot of decent players

Sacked people, let some go

Brought in a lot of journeymen

Took a lot of risks on injury prone players. 

We are where we are. 6th. 

42 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

2014 - 2015 5 year plan!

Grest potential,

Walker - dropped his pants to Rangers

Nicholson declined in form and refused to stay with us

King, Holt McHattie, Mackay all found their level in the championship

Ozturk got binned by Robbie for God knows what

Sow taken by the Chinese revolution

Zeefuik a loan

Now we struggle against most sides yet they swept the Championship aside including Sevco and the Vermin. Why? Sevco got their money back, or have reverted to splashing cash they don't have. Neilson and Cathro had terrible records against Hibs, 1 win in 8 between them. Levein is currently 3 for 8 against them i think 

Add in all the various factors since. Poor managers, shite players viewed as "a project" and it pretty much covers it 

23 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

What are we building towards on the pitch?????  

22 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Sorry but you are having a laugh.

20 minutes ago, leginten said:

That autumn Neilson - ridiculously - attempted to defend half-time leads at Tynecastle against vastly inferior Dundee and Killie teams and paid the price. I’ve no idea what went on in the half-time team-talks that season but I do remember us being there for the taking in the first 15 minutes of the second half of just about every home game.

Absolutely nailed it!!!!!

25 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Wow. Just wow.

queensferryjambo
2 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

Check out JammyT thread 16 April 2019 for discussion.

I just read the whole thread and it is obvious the thread is made up completely of what people think the 5 year plan is. This appears to vary from person to person with nobody backing anything they are saying up with anything other than a statement from the club saying that there was the existence of a 5 year plan - with no details of the plan.

So basically it appears nobody on here really knows what the plan was but lots of people seem to keep using it as a measure for failure.

Not having a go at you ollie2004 was just hoping that there was a link to something a bit more solid to the 5 year plan. 

Thanks anyway.

55 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

89ACC64E-894A-402F-B6E7-0478AF9FEF1B.gif.9f6be7acb41089314e4e6ccb7e8aa713.gif

WTF ? They are rightfully laughing at us. We were 11 points clear of them when Lennon left. Let that sink in. Let that sink in. We will likely be 6 points begins them on Sunday night. Let that sink in. Let that sink in.

that waste of space manager and coaching staff we have are 100% to blame. They certainly would NOT give anything to be in our position. Jesus Christ. We have Levein and his shit sidekicks

Edited by 1971fozzy

BOBTHEBRUCE
3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Basically this

Robbie has done well since eh.

He was basically serving an apprenticeship. 

We're better than that. 

Edited by BOBTHEBRUCE

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

:bravo: 

:spoton:

Edit: Just read the rest of the thread and can't believe how many think that Hibs are having a much better season than us.

Edited by graygo

3 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Robbie has done well since eh.

He was basically serving an apprenticeship. 

We're better than that. 

He is a million times better than the waster we have in charge now. Fact

BOBTHEBRUCE
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

He is a million times better than the waster we have in charge now. Fact

He was learning from the "waster"

Is it any wonder things started to go down hill for him. 

Neither of them are the answer. 

I was not a Neilson fan but by god I’d have him in a heartbeat compared to Craig Levein and his merry men. 

Neilson won the championship (which Id doubt our serial loser Levein  would of done), then got us 3rd and when he left we were 2nd.

just look at the state of us now. Absolutely woeful. Many of us are fearing not winning again this season and with good reason with that dinosaur and his sidekicks

Edited by 1971fozzy

Finlay James
8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

89ACC64E-894A-402F-B6E7-0478AF9FEF1B.gif.9f6be7acb41089314e4e6ccb7e8aa713.gif

WTF ? They are rightfully laughing at us. We were 11 points clear of them when Lennon left. Let that sink in. Let that sink in. We will likely be 6 points begins them on Sunday night. Let that sink in. Let that sink in.

that waste of space manager and coaching staff we have are 100% to blame. They certainly would NOT give anything to be in our position. Jesus Christ. We have Levein and his shit sidekicks

Mate, open your eyes and stop looking only at the here and now

4 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

He was learning from the "waster"

Is it any wonder things started to go down hill for him. 

Neither of them are the answer. 

Come on. At least he got results.

1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

Mate, open your eyes and stop looking only at the here and now

Eh ?

what does that even mean ? The here and now affects the future. 

BOBTHEBRUCE
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Come on. At least he got results.

It was Levein football towards the end. 

We won the championship so easily because we were in a position to buy premiership level players, not because Robbie was a tactical genius. 

5 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

It was Levein football towards the end. 

We won the championship so easily because we were in a position to buy premiership level players, not because Robbie was a tactical genius. 

And  rangers and hibs never ?

come on. They had budgets on a par at the least. Look I was not a Neilson fan in the main but he’s a tactical genius compared to the one dimensional shitefest we have now.

Levein had little to fek all to do with the managerial championship run and I know that for a fact. Neilson had a free reign with input if required. 

Edited by 1971fozzy

BOBTHEBRUCE
3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

And  rangers and hibs never ?

come on. They had budgets on a par at the least. Look I was not a Neilson fan in the main but he’s a tactical genius compared to the one dimensional shitefest we have now.

Levein had little to fek all to do with the managerial championship run and I know that for a fact. Neilson had a free reign with input if required. 

Rangers and Hibs were a financial mess 

We got to start all over again due to the fans, debt free, feel good factor etc etc. 

That's why we had success. 

I agree with your point about it now being a 1 dimensional shit fest and something needs done about it. 

Robbie Neilson however.... Not the answer. 

JamboGraham
1 minute ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

We got to start all over again due to the fans, debt free, feel good factor etc etc. 

What a lot of pish...the club was just out of admin and were begging us to pay cash for season tickets so they could put a squad together...

BOBTHEBRUCE
Just now, JamboGraham said:

What a lot of pish...the club was just out of admin and were begging us to pay cash for season tickets so they could put a squad together...

We put the cash in, Ann put the cash in, We signed good players. If we didn't have the money, we wouldn't of. 

What do you put it down to?  Robbie the rookie Neilson and his vast experience of technical knowledge?

1 minute ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

We put the cash in, Ann put the cash in, We signed good players. If we didn't have the money, we wouldn't of. 

What do you put it down to?  Robbie the rookie Neilson and his vast experience of technical knowledge?

To be fair set out to beat rangers at Ibrox on day one and it worked. Set the tone for the season. I believe he changed to levein ball after getting humped off Aberdeen.

Levein had nothing to do with Neilsons management reign in the championship. He was only ever asked for advice.

thank god

Edited by 1971fozzy

31 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

I agree with your point about it now being a 1 dimensional shit fest and something needs done about it. 

Robbie Neilson however.... Not the answer. 

Not quite true mate. 

4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Levein had nothing to do with Neilsons management reign in the championship. He was only ever asked for advice.

thank god

What about the premier league.