Liam Boyce

Italian Lambretta

Italian Lambretta

Don't know if its been mentioned on here but he's leaving Burton at end of season in the hope to win back his place in the NI team. Would be a better option than curtis main

At this rate we should be challenging for the title next season. If we get Boyce and Main, Celtic wouldn't stand a chance. 

At this rate we should be challenging for the title next season. If we get Boyce and Main, Celtic wouldn't stand a chance. 

With Levein's expertise the other teams will be quaking in their boots, literally. 

Edited by innerjambo

Finlay James
13 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

With Levein's expertise the other teams will be quaking in their boots, literally. 

???

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Some monotonous unoriginal patter right now. 

Boyce scored goals regularly in this league but he doesn't seem to have had much luck at Burton 

29 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Add Bryson who went of injured today 

12 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Add Bryson who went of injured today 

Classic, we might get him on the cheap now.

53 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Don't know if its been mentioned on here but he's leaving Burton at end of season in the hope to win back his place in the NI team. Would be a better option than curtis main

Where did you hear this?

8 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Classic, we might get him on the cheap now.

He's out of contract, I believe.

Boyce has another year to run so would probably cost a fee,

Not entirely sure there'd be more to it than him wanting to get more football, certainly not where we're concerned. He'd be a good option for us though

Just a hint but are we N. Ireland we will take you because your playing shit and it might boost your chance if not 3 year contract for doing piss all

Italian Lambretta
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Where did you hear this?

Belfast Telegraph i read it from time to time ?

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Some monotonous unoriginal patter right now. 

Boyce scored goals regularly in this league but he doesn't seem to have had much luck at Burton 

didn't he get injured pretty soon after joining burton. it looks like he has played around 40 games this season in the league and cups mostly starting so i would imagine he would want to stay.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

didn't he get injured pretty soon after joining burton. it looks like he has played around 40 games this season in the league and cups mostly starting so i would imagine he would want to stay.

Did his ACL. Ankle problem today.  Top scorer for The Brewer's this season. 

Italian Lambretta
7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/nigel-clough-fears-northern-ireland-ambitions-could-cause-liam-boyce-to-leave-burton-37990199.html

He's well thought of by Burton and they don't want to lose him. 

He would command a decent fee and I'd imagine there would be some interest from the English championship. 

If he got released and was looking for somewhere to make a comeback then we'd probably be a good place to do that. He knows the league, he knows MacPhee. Sadly, I think he's caught in that no-mark english club trap where the money on offer is just to good. Doubtful we could or would spend the cash required but even if Burton wanted rid, we'd be hard pressed. 

Boyce may well be leaving Burton but he isn't being released as he still has a year on his contract. He will probably go to an English Championship team for a lot more money that we would pay.

Obviously all of the above depends on his injury today.

5 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Ex Hibs James Collins is top scorer in that league. Boyce hasn't really set the heather alight down there.

Boyce has been excellent after his serious injury that kept him out for almost a season.

Cruyff Turn
43 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Boyce has been excellent after his serious injury that kept him out for almost a season.

His goals at Ross County in the SPFL speak for themselves. 

Totally agree. He’s not had much luck with injuries. A fit Liam Boyce would rattle in 20 a season at Hearts and probably most leagues tbf. A natural born goalscorer. It’s a talent. A complete no brainier if we could get him. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

His goals at Ross County in the SPFL speak for themselves. 

Totally agree. He’s not had much luck with injuries. A fit Liam Boyce would rattle in 20 a season at Hearts and probably most leagues tbf. A natural born goalscorer. It’s a talent. A complete no brainier if we could get him. 

If Boyce hadn't got injured at the start of last season Burton would have stayed up. Unfortunately he wasn't so there you go?. Unless we are willing to shell out north of £1m he ain't coming here.

There is an interesting story about another player that moved to Burton even though his preferred move was Hearts.

9 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

If Boyce hadn't got injured at the start of last season Burton would have stayed up. Unfortunately he wasn't so there you go?. Unless we are willing to shell out north of £1m he ain't coming here.

There is an interesting story about another player that moved to Burton even though his preferred move was Hearts.

Fraser

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Yes he also plays for Burton. Well done.

You obviously want us to guess who the other player was...can only be Fraser or Templeton. 

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

I probably would sign him but I think he's another Billy McKay. 

Edited by JackLadd

6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

You obviously want us to guess who the other player was...can only be Fraser or Templeton. 

Nope neither. I would have thought an agent would have known this sort of stuff.

Edited by Notts1874

4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I probably would sign him but I think he's another Billy McKay. 

You said he hasn't exactly set the heather on fire down there. Seen much of him down there?

Tommy Brown
4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Nope. Clue? He isn't Scottish and is no longer at Burton.

Jackson ??

Aussie boy, can't mind his surname

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Jackson ??

Aussie boy, can't mind his surname

Irvine. Yes that's the chap. Neilson didn't fancy him . We had a bid to match Burton's.

Tommy Brown
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Irvine. Yes that's the chap. Neilson didn't fancy him . We had a bid to match Burton's.

Just remembered his name after posting.

Where is he now?

2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Just remembered his name after posting.

Where is he now?

Hull. Burton sold him for almost £2m

7 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Then has Attitude about it........strange 

Nookie Bear

Ah, that marvellous time of the season where the ITK'rs emerge from their hibernation to offer scraps of 'information' to whet our appetite and boost their egos.

Pasquale for King
23 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Injury prone slow striker, currently injured,  no doubt we will be interested as we were before.

Edited by Pasquale for King

18 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Jesus Christ. If thats true I withdraw any notion I'd take Neilson back. 

Neilson trying to spot a player like...

giphy.gif

Edit: Could Boyce have a relegation clause in his contract? 

Edited by OTT