You know it's been a season full of talking points when

King Of The Cat Cafe

King Of The Cat Cafe

we get to the middle of April and we haven't had a proper "New Strip" thread yet. ?

I quite liked this seasons kit, 

The umbro embroidery was pretty smart, so more of that again. Maybe add in a collar and drop the weird white line on the bottom. 

I take it Umbro will still be our kit manufacturers next season? I don't remember hearing how long our deal with them was. 

Was having a wee gander at the footystrips page to see if any tops had been released yet. Just the usual supposed leaked shirts with a couple confirmed releases. Happened to see the Teamwear templates for Puma, all I can say is thank feck we are well away from them. I was critical of Umbro at the start but they have produced some very nice gear for us the past two seasons, and light years ahead of the Puma stuff. 

Just now, Manny1874 said:

I take it Umbro will still be our kit manufacturers next season? I don't remember hearing how long our deal with them was. 

Sure we are heading into our third year of the three year deal. 

Doesn't look like any Umbro 19/20 kits have been released yet, in fact very few seem to have been released so far with the only notable kit release so far has been Liverpool.(well unless you count the three clubs in Paraguay whose strip maker has given them Game of Thrones inspired strips) 

I'd like the maroon in our badge to be the maroon of the shirt with an properly embroidered badge. The badge looks red in contrast to the shirt.

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'd like the maroon in our badge to be the maroon of the shirt with an properly embroidered badge. The badge looks red in contrast to the shirt.

One thing I'd like to see is an embroidred badge. Looks much classier

King Of The Cat Cafe

I would also like to see some more reasonably priced leisurewear in the shop.

It is one thing for football obsessives to pay £50+ for a top, but that may be a bit steep for the casual stuff.

I was in before the derby and there were some US tourists in and they were not really interested in a lot of the stuff.

Perhaps we should have a better range of more-casual Tees and polo shirts at about the £20-mark.  

We should be making more of the fact we are an Edinburgh club.  Tourists are more likely to go home with something that has, for example, our badge and the tagline "The Heart & Soul of Edinburgh" - rather than the badge alone.

Салатные палочки
37 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Was having a wee gander at the footystrips page to see if any tops had been released yet. Just the usual supposed leaked shirts with a couple confirmed releases. Happened to see the Teamwear templates for Puma, all I can say is thank feck we are well away from them. I was critical of Umbro at the start but they have produced some very nice gear for us the past two seasons, and light years ahead of the Puma stuff. 

Umbro's templates and their attention to detail, their training wear and their retro range put them right to the top of my favourite manufacturers. The Adidas championship shirt takes some beating but Umbro have come close. 

Psychedelicropcircle

Would be nice to see the new manager advertising the new kit......

too soon?

48 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Doesn't look like any Umbro 19/20 kits have been released yet, in fact very few seem to have been released so far with the only notable kit release so far has been Liverpool.(well unless you count the three clubs in Paraguay whose strip maker has given them Game of Thrones inspired strips

Link or pics? Intrigued

55 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Puma were the only company that would take on the foundation strip. That’s why we went with them ?

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/04/paraguayan-clubs-launch-game-of-thrones-inspired-kits.html

Although seeing as they're not licensed from HBO i doubt they'll actually make it into the new season

They are actually quite cool i think. Not a fan of silly shirts but they aren’t ott.

thanking you

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Yes!

The embroidered badge is by far the best and, as you say, the classiest. ?

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Correct, I've been saying this for ages. Maybe a wee tweak with the letters too, something like this would sit nicely I feel

316051253_HMFCCrest.jpg.b73a18575cfa0e9ff39bbc95d5c85fbb.jpg

32 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Correct, I've been saying this for ages. Maybe a wee tweak with the letters too, something like this would sit nicely I feel

316051253_HMFCCrest.jpg.b73a18575cfa0e9ff39bbc95d5c85fbb.jpg

?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Cup Final would have been a great opportunity to launch the new kit and get extra sales people buying it to wear on the day

58 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Cup Final would have been a great opportunity to launch the new kit and get extra sales people buying it to wear on the day

And a great reminder of a 5-0 drubbing.....

Lord Beni of Gorgie
46 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You should forget about football. Clearly makes you unhappy. Try jigsaws or knitting 

53 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You should forget about football. Clearly makes you unhappy. Try jigsaws or knitting 

But I love football - not the shite served up by Levein!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Just part of being a Hearts fan 

Tommy Brown
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

In case it's not obvious, those are concept designs from November, they haven't released their actual kits yet

I'm an old fud

i wish jj was my dad
9 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

When have you loved football out of interest. I started going in 78 and there haven't been that many seasons we have played flowing, creative football. Well organised and plenty endeavour under Doddie but the main tactic was to hit Sandy Clark. Generally, eye bleeding under Jordan. Nearly relegated under Sandy and the hamster. Spells of genuine excitement and some shite with Mr Jim. CL followed the Doddie blue print. Robbo never had enough time. Burley was as good as it gets but not sustainable. File the next lot under Meh until Mr Jim and even he had to deal with torches and pitchforks. Mr Sergio would have been run out of town but for the cup win. McGlynn and Lockie were hounded from the off despite not having a pot to piss in. Robbie brought back the feel good factor but had planes flying over the ground telling him to GTF. Cathro was a nightmare and CL is now following an all too familiar pattern. 

Now, I'm not saying it can't be better but spitting the dummy at 6th and before a cup final suggests that following Hearts might just not be for you. 

15 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Puma were the only company that would take on the foundation strip. That’s why we went with them ?

?

Their stuff wasn't too bad, but there was nothing unique about their designs, same style for everyone.

3 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

When have you loved football out of interest. I started going in 78 and there haven't been that many seasons we have played flowing, creative football. Well organised and plenty endeavour under Doddie but the main tactic was to hit Sandy Clark. Generally, eye bleeding under Jordan. Nearly relegated under Sandy and the hamster. Spells of genuine excitement and some shite with Mr Jim. CL followed the Doddie blue print. Robbo never had enough time. Burley was as good as it gets but not sustainable. File the next lot under Meh until Mr Jim and even he had to deal with torches and pitchforks. Mr Sergio would have been run out of town but for the cup win. McGlynn and Lockie were hounded from the off despite not having a pot to piss in. Robbie brought back the feel good factor but had planes flying over the ground telling him to GTF. Cathro was a nightmare and CL is now following an all too familiar pattern. 

Now, I'm not saying it can't be better but spitting the dummy at 6th and before a cup final suggests that following Hearts might just not be for you. 

Now it's all put out in front of me, **** that I am away to support someone else, been wasting my weekends for over 40 years now.

Is there a chance we might release a "cup final strip"? Which could delay the new strip for next season?

15 hours ago, copa-mundial said:

Full black change kit. Or the old styled Inter kit from the 94-95 season would be ?

:wub:

Yes please.

Maroon and White home.
Blue and Black away.

Full Black Third Kit with monochrome Hearts badge.

:clumshot:

14 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Yes please.

Maroon and White home.
Blue and Black away.

Would be excellent!!! 

6 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Feck me I wish I’d known that back in 1964 when my old dad took me to my first game!!!!

Edited by Thomaso

3 hours ago, cheetah said:

Now it's all put out in front of me, **** that I am away to support someone else, been wasting my weekends for over 40 years now.

??

andythejambo
17 hours ago, copa-mundial said:

Full black change kit. Or the old styled Inter kit from the 94-95 season would be ?

When would we wear it...? Even the Inter kit in it's day could not be worn versus Dundee, Falkirk, Raith...etc....that's why the honking yellow kits had to be cobbled together. The change kit needs to be light.

rudi must stay

For the past few years I don't think anyone gives a jot about our new top. It is interesting we have not rushed to renew the Umbro deal after 'how popular it was with the fans before' hopefully we can get Under Armour or New Balance. They make quality tops

18 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Bold

And also horrible

Edited by rudi must stay

SpikeDudley
22 hours ago, Taffin said:

I thought I was the only one bothered by this!

18 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I don't think we'll win by that much though ?

Captain Lithuania
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Yes please.

Maroon and White home.
Blue and Black away.

Always wanted a black Hearts kit. 

31 minutes ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

Always wanted a black Hearts kit. 

Absolutely loved the fact that we had some black and grey/white training stuff in the Club Store this season.

Just imagine what could have been though... :wub:

HeartsBlack.png

Edited by tian447
Disclaimer - this took about 45 seconds to put together in MS Paint, and then using the re-colour setting after pasting it into MS Word!

48 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

I don't think we'll win by that much though ?

?

It should have been ten
On 22/04/2019 at 16:09, i wish jj was my dad said:

Absolutely 

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, andythejambo said:

When would we wear it...? Even the Inter kit in it's day could not be worn versus Dundee, Falkirk, Raith...etc....that's why the honking yellow kits had to be cobbled together. The change kit needs to be light.

Little chance of playing either of these sides next season unless Dundee get their act together immediately or we draw either away in a cup. 

I reckon it would be given an outing against Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hamilton (if they stay up) and Dundee United (if they come up). 

Bazzas right boot
On 22/04/2019 at 19:52, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Support Celtic then. 

Join in on the reble treble celebrations you seem keen to insist is going to happen. 

?

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, tian447 said:

Absolutely loved the fact that we had some black and grey/white training stuff in the Club Store this season.

Just imagine what could have been though... :wub:

HeartsBlack.png

Could you do that with a maroon badge and no sponsor.... ?