Haring doubt for final

Clerry Jambo

Robbo-Jambo
44 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

He hasn't been nearly as effective since his return from injury.

Neither has Berra. Possibly the two of them coming back too soon. 

On 22/04/2019 at 04:01, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

I have said it before and I will say it again, the way Levein looks after players with injuries is nothing short of a disgrace

Maybe you have some extra insight into what goes on at the Club, but I'm assuming that Levein would not put a player on the field unless that player has been given a clean bill of health by the team's medical people.

queensferryjambo
On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 09:01, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

I have said it before and I will say it again, the way Levein looks after players with injuries is nothing short of a disgrace

I would think the players have a say in if they are fit or not as well.

I am 100% sure Naismith, Berra etc. were not bullied into playing if they didn't think they were fit enough.

The Treasurer
9 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Maybe you have some extra insight into what goes on at the Club, but I'm assuming that Levein would not put a player on the field unless that player has been given a clean bill of health by the team's medical people.

With the way Levein's own career was tragically cut short by injury, I'd be astonished if he was to risk a players fitness or future by playing them if they were not fit enough.

8 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

With the way Levein's own career was tragically cut short by injury, I'd be astonished if he was to risk a players fitness or future by playing them if they were not fit enough.

I have to disagree with this as CL was quoted a few weeks back on the Morrison Knee injury that (paraphrasing here) . Callum has a knee injury but we are managing it and he will have surgery at the end of the season.

Now IMHO this was a very dangerous to allow a young player, at the beginning of his senior career, to knowingly continue to play with this injury. The injury is now worse to the point of ending his season and it is not beyond the realms of possibility that it could have ended his career.

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
8 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

I would think the players have a say in if they are fit or not as well.

I am 100% sure Naismith, Berra etc. were not bullied into playing if they didn't think they were fit enough.

Yeah players never lie to get on the park.  I get slated on here for my views on Levein and the amount of players that imo are either played whilst injured or return back from injury too soon, problem is I can at least have a go at backing up these views.  I have also been proved right on Morrison who is now out for the season requiring surgery, yet we all knew he was not right months ago.

The Treasurer
10 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I have to disagree with this as CL was quoted a few weeks back on the Morrison Knee injury that (paraphrasing here) . Callum has a knee injury but we are managing it and he will have surgery at the end of the season.

Now IMHO this was a very dangerous to allow a young player, at the beginning of his senior career, to knowingly continue to play with this injury. The injury is now worse to the point of ending his season and it is not beyond the realms of possibility that it could have ended his career.

With some injuries continuing to play will have no long term effect, such as Haring's previous hernia problem.

In the case of Morrison, he was injured playing for the reserves on that shite pitch at Rugby Park, as far as I'm aware  it was not the same injury he has been carrying.

Austin MacGlee
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

With some injuries continuing to play will have no long term effect, such as Haring's previous hernia problem.

In the case of Morrison, he was injured playing for the reserves on that shite pitch at Rugby Park, as far as I'm aware  it was not the same injury he has been carrying.

This is a fair point but then you also have to wonder why he was allowed to play on that monstrosity of a pitch at Rugby Park when it was known he was carrying an injury. I know you've stated here it's a different injury but I wouldn't be risking players who weren't 100% fit on a pitch like that.

Austin MacGlee
8 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Yeah players never lie to get on the park.  I get slated on here for my views on Levein and the amount of players that imo are either played whilst injured or return back from injury too soon, problem is I can at least have a go at backing up these views.  I have also been proved right on Morrison who is now out for the season requiring surgery, yet we all knew he was not right months ago.

Someone mentioned on another thread (can't remember which now) about how our players returning from injury don't seem to be broken back in and are thrown in from the start after long spells out. I'm not sure how accurate that claim is but I'd assume they'd be getting games for the reserves before starting first team matches after long spells out. Do you know if this is the case?

1 minute ago, Austin MacGlee said:

This is a fair point but then you also have to wonder why he was allowed to play on that monstrosity of a pitch at Rugby Park when it was known he was carrying an injury. I know you've stated here it's a different injury but I wouldn't be risking players who weren't 100% fit on a pitch like that.

Through my time in the forces I have had a few injuries and been around physios, everyone knows that injuries to one part of the body can easily cause stress to other parts due to imbalances etc, Haring running about with a hernia for months will have been a major stress on his body.

9 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Someone mentioned on another thread (can't remember which now) about how our players returning from injury don't seem to be broken back in and are thrown in from the start after long spells out. I'm not sure how accurate that claim is but I'd assume they'd be getting games for the reserves before starting first team matches after long spells out. Do you know if this is the case?

It's good point you make and not one i can answer fully but perhaps others can?  I am pretty sure Michael Smith was thrown straight back into the derby though, didn't hear much in the way of reserve football, he definitely didn't get 20 mins for the first team before his return.   Hate to say this but noticed that lot had Gauld on the bench for Sunday there, if it was Levein I have a feeling he would have been used right away.

Austin MacGlee
2 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

It's good point you make and not one i can answer fully but perhaps others can?  I am pretty sure Michael Smith was thrown straight back into the derby though, didn't hear much in the way of reserve football, he definitely didn't get 20 mins for the first team before his return.   Hate to say this but noticed that lot had Gauld on the bench for Sunday there, if it was Levein I have a feeling he would have been used right away.

Jesus I'd forgotten they'd even signed Gauld! Suspect you might be right but don't want to speculate too much.

41 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Does this mean that Morrison now has both knees injured or is it 2 on the same knee?

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Does this mean that Morrison now has both knees injured or is it 2 on the same knee?

All 3 knees apparently. ??‍♂️

43 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Through my time in the forces I have had a few injuries and been around physios, everyone knows that injuries to one part of the body can easily cause stress to other parts due to imbalances etc, Haring running about with a hernia for months will have been a major stress on his body.

Absolutely. 

I had a groin injury at the tail end of last year and was advised to dial back my distances until I had strengthened it but declined this advice and in turn injured the knee on my other leg due to compensating for it when running.

The whole 'it's a different injury' argument might we'll be true but I think people really overlook the impact on your whole body whilst carrying an injury not just the impact on the injured part.

I think we made a mistake in not getting this injury dealt with in November instead of waiting until January.

Edited by tcjambo

He will play in the final. Reckon it's just levien keeping his cards close to his chest to keep lennon guessing. Imagine you will see one or two similar suggestions such as uche and naismith not making it, but I'd put money on all 3 playing. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Rolf jokes are a bit inappropriate nowadays. ?

Hence the reason I did not mention him at all and left it up to the reader. If you do not know you cannot be offended but unfortunately now there will be a deluge of snowflakes googling away to find out what is going on then come back all informed and getting all bitter and twisted.

I blame you myself  you wee :devil2: that you are

Robbo-Jambo
8 hours ago, viva hate said:

:cornette_dog:WTF. Some good news at last about an injury.

8 hours ago, viva hate said:

Shame he will not be playing at Easter road, playing with a Hernia for 53 minutes and he was still the best player on the park that night.

Got to have him fit for the final though.

To be honest I dont care if he makes another match before the final as long as he is playing in the final.

Uche, Haring and Naismith all need to start the final if we are to have any chance.

1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

To be honest I dont care if he makes another match before the final as long as he is playing in the final.

Uche, Haring and Naismith all need to start the final if we are to have any chance.

Yup. League is over. Nothing we can really do in the league thats worth anything now. 

Hoepfully he's sensible with our players and makes sure no one picks up any stupid injuries to make the final any harder than it will be.

Robbo-Jambo
9 hours ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Michael Smith, Berra and Naismith came right back into the first team after long term injuries without playing any reserve team football etc. Makes you wonder, Smith couldn't last 90 mins, Berra has not been his usual self and Naismiths knee has needed more surgery. 

2 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

Pretty much what I think as well. 

The worry is though if Haring and Naismith don’t get any games beforehand though.  Absolutely imperative that these 3 start 

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Pretty much what I think as well. 

The worry is though if Haring and Naismith don’t get any games beforehand though.  Absolutely imperative that these 3 start 

?

7 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

This