Peripheral Vision

Tasavallan

Lacking from our midfield players this season.

I have watched Djoum, Mitchell, Haring,, Lee, Bozanic,  Garuccio, Clare and Cochrane get their pockets picked this season by not being aware of opposition players in their vicinity due to their delaying on the ball.  Bozanic's inability on Saturday to be aware of Ranger's players around him was probably the worse surrender I've seen on a football field.

All down to Slow reaction time.  Or as Ron Pickering would comment: lack of spacial awareness.

chuck berrys hairline

Cones don't move in training ? box soccer for you ? 

Edited by chuck berrys hairline

Why no shout from team mates? 

It seems there is no work on speed of thought on even the simplest of things such as 'give and go' or movement into space to receive a pass or even to create space for others. Teams facing us must think they are playing a subbuteo side.

gashauskis9

Neil Macfarlane used to get pelters from supporters, but his peripheral vision was superb.  Not exciting or dynamic to watch, but very rarely lost the ball in the kind of positions we do.  Most of our current midfield are vastly overrated, which is disappointing given how much recruitment  we done in that area last summer.  Beyond Haring and Djoum, I’d get rid of the lot of them in the summer.

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Why no shout from team mates? 

It seems there is no work on speed of thought on even the simplest of things such as 'give and go' or movement into space to receive a pass or even to create space for others. Teams facing us must think they are playing a subbuteo side.

No shout from team mates coz they dont communicate at all. You hear other players shouting. No naismith=silence.

I think it's just down to them not being strong enough or good enough to protect the ball under pressure in dangerous areas.