Sh!t Mates

JamboSpur

What about that mate who you’ve persevered with and considered a good mate for years but who continually grinds your gears with their constant shite? 

What to to do if enough is enough?

I gave up on one like that. Haven't as much as sent him a text message in ten years. Met my Mrs through him though and I still see him once or twice a year (she wants to meet up with him when we're in his area and there are other random social occasions that demand it). We get on well when we see each other but he's been far too far over the line for me to still consider him as a mate. I'd rather have no mates than put up with a bad one.

William H. Bonney

I met up with a really good mate I hadn’t seen in a year during the World Cup semi final 2014 between Brazil and Germany. 

He spent the whole night trying to chat up some random woman. 

Hardly spoke to me at all. 

That was the last time I saw him. 

7 hours ago, JamboSpur said:

What about that mate who you’ve persevered with and considered a good mate for years but who continually grinds your gears with their constant shite? 

You always need a mate that's a bit of a prick. Cause if you don't, it's usually you that's the prick.

Tommi smells blood
8 hours ago, JamboSpur said:

Walk away from it, done it a couple of times. You’ll see fairly quickly that you’ve lost very little 

Got rid of a few "mates" over the years. One in particular whom I was actually best man for so we were really good mates. 

He was unbelievably tight. Tight as ****!. We would go out weekends as 4 or 5 of us and always take it in turns to buy KFC, or McDonalds or whatever on way home. He would always find a way to get out of not paying. We as a group got fed up with him not paying and basically said right "XXXX" your turn to pay , get your wallet out and he reluctantly agreed.

One of us went to order a large Big Man meal with a shake and he said he couldn't order that as it was too expensive!!! Made him change his order!

Not long after this he used my garage for storage for a few months whilst preparing to move house. Saved him a ton of money on storage costs. When the move came he told me i was helping him move (not politely asked) then moved his stuff out the garage without even a few beers or a bottle of wine as a thank you.

Emptied soon after the tight prick!!

Harry Potter
8 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

I met up with a really good mate I hadn’t seen in a year during the World Cup semi final 2014 between Brazil and Germany. 

He spent the whole night trying to chat up some random woman. 

Hardly spoke to me at all. 

That was the last time I saw him. 

Did he score.

Aye life and people move on. A negative drain holding you back in life isn’t what anyone needs really.

Hard at the time but you'll get by. Got a mate that we use grab a beer twice a week, last 2 years I've seen him once. He got a woman and i got dropped like a hot tattie, the odd text here and there but im done with it. Actually said to my mrs the other day i don't think im even going to invite him to the wedding, which is sad as he should have been a big part of our day.

Edited by TheStig

All roads lead to Gorgie

I had a mate who was a real petrol head and he used to bore me stupid with his constant chatter about anything engine related. He wasn't into any sport other than motor racing and wouldn't listen if I talked football and it soon turned back to cars. Thankfully he then got a girlfriend pregnant and that stopped him going to the pub and boring everyone. He then left the city, thank feck! 

44 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I had a mate who was a real petrol head and he used to bore me stupid with his constant chatter about anything engine related. He wasn't into any sport other than motor racing and wouldn't listen if I talked football and it soon turned back to cars. Thankfully he then got a girlfriend pregnant and that stopped him going to the pub and boring everyone. He then left the city, thank feck! 

Got a mate like that as well, although he only bores people about motor sport when he's pished. When that happens we usually sneak out the pub 2 at a time, someone has to take a turn at being the sacrificial lamb and has to stay with him on their own for 20 minutes before he can escape.

Adam Murray

You've got to ask yourself with these kind of mates, what do they bring to your life, what way do they make your life any better?

If they are the kind of mate that constantly bring negativity to your crowd, constantly the one with the problems in their personal life, always late, always having to be told it's their round in the boozer, never there when you need them, then you're better off without them.

Cut them out your life, you'll be surprised at how your life changes for the better.

You can also watch from afar as their life crumbles around them.

been here before

Has to be said I opened this with a degree of trepidation.

Thought it was perhaps a sort of fxxk buddy arrangement...

Sort of going through this.

Really good mate. Moved away. He has a "core group" of mates he keeps up with, they are all pals with each other so pretty close knit. I get on fine with them but I don't know them as they are from uni and know him from a completely different time in his life.

He barely replies to texts and altho it's good when we meet up feel like it's always off my back to arrange and hassle him into it.

CBA with the one way communications anymore.

My oldest mate has turned into a right dickhead over the last few years.

Ever since he met his wife, we’ve all been pretty much dumped. He makes no attempt to keep in touch, if we organise a meet up he always makes excuses not to go, he was even in Edinburgh a few days ago (just 5-10 minutes away from where I live) and didn’t even bother to say.

He even left my wedding early, despite being bestman. 

Best of it is. If we had a night out and didn’t invite him, he’d moan his arse off. Even though he knows himself he wouldn’t have went.

44 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He put a tiger in her tank. 

One for the oldies......

E691B58F-3E4D-4A15-9266-46EE800039C3.jpeg

16 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

I can't think of who that is in my group of mates.....

.....think that means it's me.

:gok:

Well........ 

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

He put a tiger in her tank. 

One for the oldies......

I am surprised he had time or even a GF in the first place as he spent most of his time fiddling with his crankshaft?

19 hours ago, JamboSpur said:

I apologise. You should have said earlier, though. 

Harry Potter
4 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

I've dumped two people, previously good friends, for not trying a leg. Not regretted.

Dumped ha ha, 

3 hours ago, iantjambo said:

My oldest mate has turned into a right dickhead over the last few years.

Ever since he met his wife, we’ve all been pretty much dumped. He makes no attempt to keep in touch, if we organise a meet up he always makes excuses not to go, he was even in Edinburgh a few days ago (just 5-10 minutes away from where I live) and didn’t even bother to say.

He even left my wedding early, despite being bestman. 

Best of it is. If we had a night out and didn’t invite him, he’d moan his arse off. Even though he knows himself he wouldn’t have went.

Shit mates who were best men is a tough one as well, i’m In the same boat.

Салатные палочки

Lost a few friends over the years through realising as I've got older that they are arseholes and I can't be arsed with them. I now have 1 or 2 friends i would call really good mates, one of them being a truly best mate, who would do anything for you. Another few who I've kept in touch with but only really meet up once or twice a year. 

Tommi smells blood
2 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Like ripping off a band aid.

not spoken to my Best Man for about 18 months (he was also mine) don’t miss him one stitch tbh! Mates for best part of 25 years

I’ve got one that I’ve known since I was 5 and had we met later I’m sure I’d have binned her off by now. Tends to just be dinner and drinks every 3-6 months but it’s my 40th in just over a week so no doubt I’ll have to see her soon.

1 hour ago, JamboSpur said:

I know his missus has a lot to do with it.

It was fine when they first got married, as soon as the kids came along, that was it. She expects him to spend every single spare moment with the family!

She even stood up beside him when he did his best man speech!

Cow!!

1 hour ago, Tommi smells blood said:

Like ripping off a band aid.

not spoken to my Best Man for about 18 months (he was also mine) don’t miss him one stitch tbh! Mates for best part of 25 years

Similar position

9 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I know his missus has a lot to do with it.

It was fine when they first got married, as soon as the kids came along, that was it. She expects him to spend every single spare moment with the family!

She even stood up beside him when he did his best man speech!

Cow!!

Oaft! 

I've had plenty of shite pals over the years. Legitimately no lifelong friends as they all ****ed off back in our teenage years to go get girlfriends instead which is fine except I'd usually be the only pal to get the bullet. Don't really care anymore, if someone doesn't have any interest keeping up a friendship, neither do I. I have 3 good friends and that's enough for me

I’m fortunate that have a group of mates - 10 strong and we have all known each  other since we were 12. Pushing 40 now and on the whole we all get on brilliantly. We grew up together, school, football, holidays - the lot and it’s great. The sad part now is we don’t see each other as much due to families, work and so on but when we get together it’s still great. 

One boy has left the group due to personal issues and he was a mainstay of the group - never thought it would happen but it has and hopefully one day he’ll be back.

I also think that if you’ve been mates with someone for almost 30 years you’ll always stay mates in some capacity....unless they’ve pumped your missus, Mum or both. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Lost track with loads of old friends. Made new ones. Doesn't really bother me either way.

Best friend I have, is my missus. She's a pain in the arse...but she's been far more reliable over the years than some.

This cat knows his onions. 

2 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I am surprised he had time or even a GF in the first place as he spent most of his time fiddling with his crankshaft?

:rofl:

12 hours ago, VladMagic said:

Got rid of a few "mates" over the years. One in particular whom I was actually best man for so we were really good mates. 

He was unbelievably tight. Tight as ****!. We would go out weekends as 4 or 5 of us and always take it in turns to buy KFC, or McDonalds or whatever on way home. He would always find a way to get out of not paying. We as a group got fed up with him not paying and basically said right "XXXX" your turn to pay , get your wallet out and he reluctantly agreed.

One of us went to order a large Big Man meal with a shake and he said he couldn't order that as it was too expensive!!! Made him change his order!

Not long after this he used my garage for storage for a few months whilst preparing to move house. Saved him a ton of money on storage costs. When the move came he told me i was helping him move (not politely asked) then moved his stuff out the garage without even a few beers or a bottle of wine as a thank you.

Emptied soon after the tight prick!!

That reminds me of a story I had totally forgotten, I had a reasonably good mate, wouldn't call him a best mate, who was a real tightwad, who had just finished his law degree and was presumably on OK money. Anyway he stayed at mine one Saturday night after a sesh so on the Sunday we went round to the shops for fry-up material, which I paid for, and he knew full well  had come to six quid. Later on he is saying his goodbyes and I politely reminded him he owed me for the brekkie. He plonks down £2.60 which normally wouldn't bother me with most folk but because of his usual behaviour I told him it had cost £6. He replied "Aye but we didn't eat all the bacon"!!

Captain Sausage
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Lost track with loads of old friends. Made new ones. Doesn't really bother me either way.

Best friend I have, is my missus. She's a pain in the arse...but she's been far more reliable over the years than some.

Spot on. She’s the one you have to see before/after work and at the weekends, might as well get along. 

8 hours ago, Morgan said:

A pool cue round the napper does the trick.

So I’ve been told.

pGJ3AF.gif

John mcCartney
2 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

. He plonks down £2.60 which normally wouldn't bother me with most folk but because of his usual behaviour I told him it had cost £6. He replied "Aye but we didn't eat all the bacon"!!

wow,thats ****ing ridiculous....what a tight fisted git chief

Unknown user
4 hours ago, Barack said:

Correct, if your best mate lets you touch her boobs, you're one lucky chap

10 hours ago, Barack said:

This. My Mrs is my best pal. 

rudi must stay
On 21/04/2019 at 22:25, JamboSpur said:

If they aren't good for you I would say get rid of them, I had a mate I knew since I was 5 and a few years ago he blocked me on all the social media sites for no reason whatsoever. As other posters have said there are people that just think about themselves I think, and they make ***** mates

On 21/04/2019 at 22:25, JamboSpur said:

Mate from Craigshill and I got involved in a shady deal which I fronted half the money. If the deal came through  (which it did) then I was to treble my investment. However he fronted feck all and buggered off with my half of the money I put up front and the proceeds of what should have a successful scam. So instead of walking away with £600.00 profit I ended up almost £400.00 out of pocket :seething:

Edited by Marvin

Seymour M Hersh
On 22/04/2019 at 15:13, Morgan said:

E691B58F-3E4D-4A15-9266-46EE800039C3.jpeg

th.jpeg

Got a lot of work that fella.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

No wonder. He is hung like a horse...

When he says "Theyrrrrr great" he is probably talking about his Leightons.

Thanks Tony.

:lol: 

CavySlaveJambo

I have a number of friends who I don’t speak to very often but I know they are true friends. 

However I have one (online) friend who is a pain in the neck.  It seems I am the one putting all the effort in, to try and communicate, they won’t listen, it seems to be all about the value of gifts.  Also doesn’t seem to understand that I have all the bills to pay which they don’t.  Thinking I am going to distance myself over the next year or so

12 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

I have a number of friends who I don’t speak to very often but I know they are true friends. 

However I have one (online) friend who is a pain in the neck.  It seems I am the one putting all the effort in, to try and communicate, they won’t listen, it seems to be all about the value of gifts.  Also doesn’t seem to understand that I have all the bills to pay which they don’t.  Thinking I am going to distance myself over the next year or so

An online friend who's a pain in the arse? Just delete them. Life's too short to get dragged down by assholes, especially when you only know them online. 

:bolt:

16 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

An online friend who's a pain in the arse? Just delete them. Life's too short to get dragged down by assholes, especially when you only know them online. 

:bolt:

Agreed. Life's too short...