Steve Clarke

tcjambo

Brighton Jambo

I dont mind managers having a bit of a moan from time to time but he takes it way to far.  And these latest comments are embarrassing.  

Good on him for speaking out. 

Broadfoot is about angle you see it at. Red card from referee's angle. 

Steven MacLean is a shit ref. 

Thought it was hilarious. He's going to get absolutely hammered for it. Tbh, I hope it triggers a referees strike. Anything to get those clowns out of the game and quickly. 

The SFA absolutely needs to look at their current practises. Pretty much every senior referee is from the Lanarkshire association which in their eyes begs no investigation or review? Aye okay.  

Rocky jamboa

Only in Scotland would you have... ahem.... alleged Celtic and rangers fans taking charge of a game involving those teams. 

Mark clattenburg recently came out to say he was a Newcastle fan and hence why he was never allowed to referee one of their games.

rick witter
Just now, Barack said:

Have a drink, rick.  The trolling is getting a bit 2017/18 now. ??

It’s the truth pal. Would you not agree?? 

rick witter
Just now, Barack said:

How do you quantify "ten times"...out of morbid curiosity?

Why not twice? Or a hundred?

Ok to simplify just better then. 

More points, more wins, better league positions. All on probably half of our managers budget. 

rick witter
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Why bring it up then? On a thread that's got nothing to do with Levein. How many threads have you posted your feelings on that particular subject matter...including the Levein "super thread"?

Just lighten up. Or debate the point of the thread.?‍♂️ Up to you, of course.

No answer to my post then?? Obviously you agree 

rick witter
Just now, Barack said:

My thoughts on Levein and his position, have been covered on various threads ad nauseam, rick.

Please don't assume. Thanks.

Apologies for the assumption. 

Thought it was funny but maybe a tad personal. Two of them weren't reds imo but Broadfoot is a complete ***** so I can see why the ref sent him off.

rick witter
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Fair enough.

There are other threads to discuss Clarke's virtues, or Levein's faults. I'm banned from some admittedly...

Too many threads getting dragged off in a cluster**** nowadays.

Ageeed and I’m sorry for that. ??

35 minutes ago, Barack said:

Fair enough.

There are other threads to discuss Clarke's virtues, or Levein's faults. I'm banned from some admittedly...

Too many threads getting dragged off in a cluster**** nowadays.

Good for you, well said.

Edited by Mikey1874

3 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Only in Scotland would you have... ahem.... alleged Celtic and rangers fans taking charge of a game involving those teams. 

Mark clattenburg recently came out to say he was a Newcastle fan and hence why he was never allowed to referee one of their games.

Ditto Michael Oliver, who currently doesn't get Newcastle Utd games as he's a declared Mag.

Big Slim Stylee
4 hours ago, rick witter said:

It’s the truth pal. Would you not agree?? 

Im guessing he’s not actually your “pal”, son.

None of them were red cards. Especially with Findlay’s. If that’s a second booking, then why did Cosgrove not get a second booking? There’s no consistency.

Sounds like a terrible refereeing performance.

58 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

None of them were red cards. Especially with Findlay’s. If that’s a second booking, then why did Cosgrove not get a second booking? There’s no consistency.

Findlay’s first booking is from the incident where Cosgrove could have picked up a 2nd yellow and then it’s one of those incidents where it’s a yellow each or nothing, yet he chooses just to book Findlay.

McLean's father is an ex-Killie player.  He lives in Ayrshire and supported Killie as a boy.  I despair why the SFA would have him officiate a Killie game.  That would not happen in England.

11 hours ago, rick witter said:

Ten times the manager Levein is. 

10 times! You are being highly unfair there rick

On Clarke.

6 minutes ago, Chaps said:

He’s just becoming a moaning faced prick. Every week there’s something new to greet about.

I know. No idea why he's still allowed to post on here!

i wish jj was my dad
9 minutes ago, Chaps said:

He’s just becoming a moaning faced prick. Every week there’s something new to greet about.

Great manager mind.

We have plenty of those on here too. 

I think he has a point tbf but he comes across as a knob. In saying that I really hope the GFA appoint him. 

tokyowalnut
12 hours ago, rick witter said:

Ok to simplify just better then. 

More points, more wins, better league positions. All on probably half of our managers budget. 

You're boring. Every single thread you pop up with some Levein related dig, this thread has nothing to do with him. 

--------‐-----------------------------------------

Clarke is right to say something, the standard of our refs is shocking!

part_time_jambo
8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I agree, both were identical challenges. Only thing I can think of is that the Cosgrove one was earlier in the game and the ref didn't want to start sending players off. When Finlay was sent off he may have been trying to calm things down. Inconsistent is the best you can call it.

The Treasurer
13 hours ago, rick witter said:

Ten times the manager Levein is. 

Is that the same Levein who has taken 6 points from a possible 9 from Clarke's team, and would have had 9 from 9 but for yet another bad refereeing decision ?

A decision that strangely, Clarke had nothing to say about

Edited by The Treasurer

weegie jambo

just watched all the sendings off on the BBC site. I cant say I thought any of them merited a red card. Absolutely terrible refereeing,  what happened to managing the game, talking to the players etc. I'm fully in favour of Clarke moaning, someone needs to keep highlighting these problems and telling it as it is.

The Old Tolbooth
5 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

just watched all the sendings off on the BBC site. I cant say I thought any of them merited a red card. Absolutely terrible refereeing,  what happened to managing the game, talking to the players etc. I'm fully in favour of Clarke moaning, someone needs to keep highlighting these problems and telling it as it is.

Totally agree, people (fans of other teams) need to start getting behind managers when they call out refs for being either shite, or bent, and not laughing at them, because if you laugh at them then you're aiding the problem. If that was 3 of our players sent off for those challenges we'd all be screaming blue murder! 

You also need to ask yourselves that if those challenges were made by a Rangers or Celtic player, would they have resulted in any sendings off at all? Not a chance! It would be a wee word in the dish, a pat on the bum, and play on son! Call me a cynic, but Killie are now without 3 of their first team for a trip to Parkhead in a game which could allow Celtic to lift the title at home, unless Rangers win also, then Celtic can win it at Ibrox, which is exactly what the authorities will not want to happen. 

Pretty much bang on, the refereeing in the SPFL is absolutely shite, and the more these things gets called out, and attention drawn to it in the news and on Social Media, the better.  

The first 2 were never, ever red cards.  Not sure what Broadfoot was doing, but it didn't look like he intentionally kicked the keeper in the face.  Findlay's challenge clearly won the ball, which you can see him saying in the highlights, and the Aberdeen player hits the deck after he realises he's not got there first.  It wasn't even an overly physical challenge. 

Sam Cosgrove is quickly becoming one of my least liked players in Scotland though.  He's a moaning, diving, fouling, cheating dick.

All roads lead to Gorgie

It was the usual erratic refereeing we are accustomed to in Scotland but Clarke has gone too far with the personal stuff. It was a lunge on the keeper by Broadfoot and Clarke has no need to moan about that one anyway. 

I am kinda 50/50 about the Broadfoot one. Yes the ball is there to be won but the lunge is pretty late and reckless.

Maybe a yellow but I can see why it was given. 

Last one MacLean has completely made up what he has seen.

Diadora Van Basten

I am not a fan of the kind of challenges on goalkeepers that Broadfoot got sent off for as they are very dangerous.

Shay Given talks about a similar challenge that could have killed him and the medical staff were saying his injuries were similar to people who had been in car crashes.

In my opinion Broadfoots was a dangerous challenge that deserved a red yet the pundits thought a foul was enough as he tried to play the ball.

All 3 were correct decisions it’s not  McLeans fault Killie lost the plot! What he got wrong was no 2nd yellow for cosgrove!

Clarke thinks he’s above the rules, he’ll be back down south in the closed season and we’ll never hear  of him again until whoever the next patsy in the Scotland job gets sacked!

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Totally agree, people (fans of other teams) need to start getting behind managers when they call out refs for being either shite, or bent, and not laughing at them, because if you laugh at them then you're aiding the problem. If that was 3 of our players sent off for those challenges we'd all be screaming blue murder! 

You also need to ask yourselves that if those challenges were made by a Rangers or Celtic player, would they have resulted in any sendings off at all? Not a chance! It would be a wee word in the dish, a pat on the bum, and play on son! Call me a cynic, but Killie are now without 3 of their first team for a trip to Parkhead in a game which could allow Celtic to lift the title at home, unless Rangers win also, then Celtic can win it at Ibrox, which is exactly what the authorities will not want to happen. 

They would not have been sent off and maybe even wouldn't have had a foul awarded against them.

I don't think McLean would have had that in mind as his brother was on Rangers' books.

Really just more evidence of crap/biased officiating from the Lanarkshire/Weegie elite reffing school.

Come Saturday it must be the turn of Clancy or the boy wonder Dallas.

If Levein had said the same sort of thing we'd all be praising him for standing up to the SFA over their shit refs.

Doesn't really matter if he took it too far on this occasion the standard of officiating has been terrible for decades and we need more guys like Clarke coming forward taking them to task.  It's clear as day they're pish and i think it's great he's spoken so strongly against them.

8 minutes ago, Morph said:

If Levein had said the same sort of thing we'd all be praising him for standing up to the SFA over their shit refs.

Doesn't really matter if he took it too far on this occasion the standard of officiating has been terrible for decades and we need more guys like Clarke coming forward taking them to task.  It's clear as day they're pish and i think it's great he's spoken so strongly against them.

Some people would be railing froth foaming from the mouth if CL has said that. They woudl also have questioned his integrity for being so personal in mentioning Mclean's background.

Clarke was right in everything he said. Awful refereeing. How the hell Cosgrove stayed on the pitch, only the ref knows. He should have been off against us too!. 

The Old Tolbooth
33 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

They would not have been sent off and maybe even wouldn't have had a foul awarded against them.

I don't think McLean would have had that in mind as his brother was on Rangers' books.

Really just more evidence of crap/biased officiating from the Lanarkshire/Weegie elite reffing school.

Come Saturday it must be the turn of Clancy or the boy wonder Dallas.

I've honestly never seen such a poor crop of refs, they're utterly murder! I really hope we get VAR up here because by Christ it will show that lot up! 

Seymour M Hersh
17 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

It's no surprise as they virtually all come from three associations surrounding the weej.

Seymour M Hersh
11 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

McLean's father is an ex-Killie player.  He lives in Ayrshire and supported Killie as a boy.  I despair why the SFA would have him officiate a Killie game.  That would not happen in England.

Same reason they gave Beaton our game (plus the fact he's a hun fanatic). There are no referees outwith the west coast who could be deemed neutral at the top table.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Rocky jamboa
20 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It's no surprise as they virtually all come from three associations surrounding the weej.

Precisely. How do they get away with it and why do clubs like us, hibs, Aberdeen not challenge it? I don't get it. 

36 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Same reason they gave Beaton our game (plus the fact he's a hun fanatic). There are no referees outwith the west coast who could be deemed neutral at the top table.

Its getting unbelievably frustrating. There is zero transparency from the refereeing association/ SFA. They actually used to have all the referees profiles up on the SFA website with a short bio but chose to remove it at some point (likely because when every location read 'Lanarkshire' they probably felt it might give the game away).

We shouldn't ever be concerned who the referee is going into a game and yet we constantly are. Clarke might have been a bit aggressive in making his point, but its a point that needs to be made. Mclean with his ties to Killie should never be able to referee games involving them. Its utter madness. 

Sometimes I don't know why we as non-OF fans even bother. The game is pretty much rigged. They have the finances, they have the media, they have the referees, they have the SFA - What is the ****ing point? It sickens me to my stomach and makes my blood boil. We'd have more chance of winning Takeshi's Castle than winning the ****ing league.

Broadfoots leading foot was nowhere near the ball when the challenge was made. He was high and late and can’t complain.

The final red will be rescinded as I think it may have looked like he aimed a punch from a certain angle but he didn’t.