Reserves game tomorrow

MaskedMarauder

Footballfirst

I thought Connor Smith was Hearts best player, particularly in the first half.  Irving did misplace a few passes, but at least he does try to play the ball forward. The starting back four was decent and Edwards worked hard in the middle.

Vanacek needs to dispense with the caravan he always seems to be towing.

been here before
13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I thought Connor Smith was Hearts best player, particularly in the first half.  Irving did misplace a few passes, but at least he does try to play the ball forward. The starting back four was decent and Edwards worked hard in the middle.

Doesnt he just. That first 10 yards is like running through treacle.

Thought Danny Baur done well with the 20 or so minutes he got.

CornhillHearts

Another enjoyable watch, top man for me was Connor Smith, it just felt like something positive was going to happen when he got on the ball and it generally did.

Edwards had a pretty energetic display and the difference in the team when he's the "old head" v Martin was obvious. 

5 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

Another enjoyable watch, top man for me was Connor Smith, it just felt like something positive was going to happen when he got on the ball and it generally did.

Edwards had a pretty energetic display and the difference in the team when he's the "old head" v Martin was obvious. 

I think that's as good as I've seen from Edwards in the reserves. Looked like the 1st team squad call up on Saturday has given him a wee morale boost.

Edited by RobboM

We're not too far off winning this league if things go in our favour.  Nice we double for them.

The issue of course is whether two or three of these guys can make the step up.  Let's hope so.

Tommi smells blood

Thought Vanacek link up play was good, showed some good touches and movement. There’s a footballer in there I think.

For me looks like will work in a 2 up top or with a number 10 behind him to keep it moving. Not 2 wide though

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

We're not too far off winning this league if things go in our favour.  Nice we double for them.

The issue of course is whether two or three of these guys can make the step up.  Let's hope so.

Pretty sure Rangers have already won it

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Didn't even know they were in it.  Thought they played foreign sides instead but that may have been last season.

The person who compiled the table I saw on the net may have bern of a Celtic persuasion as rangers weren't listed.  Hibs were 2nd.  Forget who was on top but it wasnt rangers and the lead was only 1 point.

Pleased to say it wasn't Celtic either.

36 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Hibs are top on goals from Celtic who have one game in hand.. rangers are 3 behind but have two games in hand 

We are 7 behind with one game left 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, theshed said:

Hibs are top on goals from Celtic who have one game in hand.. rangers are 3 behind but have two games in hand 

We are 7 behind with one game left 

Ah ok cheers. Last week's win over Celtic wasn't the League decider as reported 

Finlay James
6 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Connor Smith must be edging closer to the 1st team?

The Apprentice

Good game yesterday! Thought Hickey and Connor Smith were excellent and although it was only a reserve game, Edwards looks to have far more mobility than Olly Lee showed at the weekend, especially if you are trying to press the opposition.  Irving lost possession cheaply a few times but as FF pointed out earlier at least he was trying to be positive with the ball and he thundered into a couple of tackles too.

Vanecek still looks to be struggling.  Showed a couple of decent touches and retention of the ball but expected he'd be a bit more up to speed by now.

17 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

Good game yesterday! Thought Hickey and Connor Smith were excellent and although it was only a reserve game, Edwards looks to have far more mobility than Olly Lee showed at the weekend, especially if you are trying to press the opposition.  Irving lost possession cheaply a few times but as FF pointed out earlier at least he was trying to be positive with the ball and he thundered into a couple of tackles too.

Vanecek still looks to be struggling.  Showed a couple of decent touches and retention of the ball but expected he'd be a bit more up to speed by now.

Vanecek meets Gullane Sands should be interesting viewing

:boak:

20 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Whos this Charleston-king fellow? 

His full name is Jay Billy Charleston-King. Signed from Livi a couple of years back