Reserves game tomorrow

MaskedMarauder

MaskedMarauder

Anyone spending their Easter Monday heading along to this at Oriam? Should I expect Vanecek to be playing? 

Footballfirst
15 minutes ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Anyone spending their Easter Monday heading along to this at Oriam? Should I expect Vanecek to be playing? 

I would expect him to play along with Martin and Edwards, at least going by those out training this morning.

been here before
5 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Levein oot. 

In before anyone else turns the thread.

True that. Honestly the actual game is still 23 actual hours away and the actual players have given up already. Theyve all either got actual hearts of chickens kr actual hearts of mice. Some have both.

Leveins an actual dinosaur.

Im going to take an actual coconut regardless.

Edited by been here before

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

True that. Honestly the actual game is still 23 actual hours away and the actual players have given up already. Theyve all either got actual hearts of chickens kr actual hearts of mice. Some have both.

Leveins an actual dinosaur.

Im going to take an actual coconut regardless.

I can see reserve game attendances dropping dramatically unless ANNE does something.

been here before
1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I can see reserve game attendances dropping dramatically unless ANNE does something.

Im only going for the facepainting.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, been here before said:

Im only going for the facepainting.

Get me a half and half scarf, mate.

the general
5 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Is this likely to be on the outdoor pitch? And is there usually an entry fee for these games?

Yes and no !

the general
Just now, Bob Loblaw said:

Cheers!

No probs

3 wee stands along one long side but plenty standing places between them

been here before

1-0 Hearts. Connor Smith nice biy of fancy footwork on the 18 yard line before firing low.

6 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Goal Hearts. Great footwork from Smith at the edge of the box and good finish. 

7 minutes ago, been here before said:

1-0 Hearts. Connor Smith nice biy of fancy footwork on the 18 yard line before firing low.

I would have Connor Smith on the bench on Saturday can't be any worse than what is already on it 

TyphoonJambo

Whos this Charleston-king fellow? 

Edited by TypoonJambo
Spelling

scott herbertson
7 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Whos this Charleston-king fellow? 

Should really have been him who did the fancy footwork

been here before

2-0 Half time. 

All Hearts really apart from one fingertip save by Kello from a free kick. Andy Irving, Connor Smith, Marcus Godhino and Euan Henderson all having a good game. Irving especially with most things going through him.

Henderson couldve had a 2nd with a point header the goalie stopped with his balls.

Vanecek seems to have shifted the beef but... nah its not happening.

As an aside Ive been very impressed by some of the cross field diagonal passes this afternoon

TyphoonJambo
Just now, scott herbertson said:

Should really have been him who did the fancy footwork

Dying to be the first one to shout "Ya dancer" when he scores

TyphoonJambo
Just now, been here before said:

2-0 Half time. 

All Hearts really apart from one fingertip save by Kello from a free kick. Andy Irving, Connor Smith, Marcus Godhino and Euan Henderson all having a good game. Irving especially with most things going through him.

Henderson couldve had a 2nd with a point header the goalie stopped with his balls.

As an aside Ive been very impressed by some of the cross field diagonal passes this afternoon

Kellos back? Bloody hell kept that quiet

been here before
4 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Kellos back? Bloody hell kept that quiet

Aye he's disguised as Kevin Silva though ?

Leveins fault.

7 minutes ago, been here before said:

2-0 Half time. 

Would agree with all of that apart from Vanecek.  Think when it's been played into feet his link up play has been good and he's working very hard.  Possibly dropping too deep at times for the ball but we've not created much for him to work off.   

Good performance all round so far.  Impressed by Irving.

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

2-0 Half time. 

I'd agree with a lot of that. I've liked Irving in the reserves but today, for me, he's given the ball away 3/4 times cheaply that would have the crowd on his back in the 1st team. On the plus side he creates a lot.

I thought Vanecek came into it more in the last 15 minutes and seemed to just adopt a completely free role, dropping deep to pick up the ball and popping up wide right then left. Let's see if he can turn that into something second half.

2 minutes ago, RobboM said:

I'd agree with a lot of that. I've liked Irving in the reserves but today, for me, he's given the ball away 3/4 times cheaply that would have the crowd on his back in the 1st team. On the plus side he creates a lot.

I thought Vanecek came into it more in the last 15 minutes and seemed to just adopt a completely free role, dropping deep to pick up the ball and popping up wide right then left. Let's see if he can turn that into something second half.

I agree with you. A few passes a stray. He wouldn't get away with that in the first team. I do think he needs to be involved in the first team  squad

St mirren pull one back. Penalty. Long ball down the inside right channel catches the Hearts defence. Kello ?guesses right but the penalty is into the corner of the net. 

been here before

Vanacek is a very, very quiet player. I dont think he's raised his voice once. I wonder if its a confidence thing? 

been here before

3-1 Hearts. Lewis more beats a couple of St Mirren players in the box before firing low past the goalie.

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Vanacek is a very, very quiet player. I dont think he's raised his voice once. I wonder if its a confidence thing? 

Noticed that as well sure I read he'd struggled picking up the language that as well as the confidence thing

been here before
1 minute ago, jambocub said:

Noticed that as well sure I read he'd struggled picking up the language that as well as the confidence thing

Surely shouting 'here' or 'yes' or even your name is a universal thing?

been here before

4-2 Ryan Edwards scoring a rebound after a shot by Smith is only palmed out by the St Mirren goalie.

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

3-2 Good run by Corbu down the line and crosses for Breadner to finish.

Roman signed for the Buddies? Kept that quiet as well.  ;) 

17 minutes ago, been here before said:

Noticed that as well, even when he was wanting the ball switched to Hickey he sort of only managed "yeah, yeah" and pointed, could be a language thing as you say but he also looks quite short of confidence.

been here before
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Roman signed for the Buddies? Kept that quiet as well.  ;) 

Cameron Breadner is appears.

been here before

4-2 Full time. Deserved win. St Mirren came back into it a bit in the 2nd half but Hearts just had a bit too much.

6 goals, Hearts win, suns out. An enjoyable afternoon.

29 minutes ago, been here before said:

Surely shouting 'here' or 'yes' or even your name is a universal thing?

Definitely  but he never said anything