A View From the Terrace

Cheile

Stendelnator
8 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Jack Ross coming over very well on this evenings episode. 

He did. Able to laugh at himself. 

I like vftt but for me the minute they talk about women's football is as good as  an advert break and time to put the kettle on.

10 minutes ago, braveheart said:

I like vftt but for me the minute they talk about women's football is as good as  an advert break and time to put the kettle on.

think the guys do genuinely do enjoy it

if i was paid to follow Scottish football then I’d probably watch to just out of boredom. But for everyone else, it just doesn’t appeal. Quality is so bad and they shouldn’t be pretending it’s not

Салатные палочки

Telfer's New Order t shirt was pretty cool. 

Another good show tonight. 

Stendelnator
44 minutes ago, R1874 said:

if i was paid to follow Scottish football then I’d probably watch to just out of boredom. But for everyone else, it just doesn’t appeal. Quality is so bad and they shouldn’t be pretending it’s not

If you’re trying to get the game to grow, should you emphasise the positives or just focus on the negatives?

English football is boring as sin a lot of the time yet it’s talked about an an art form with that PR machine behind it 

All roads lead to Gorgie
8 hours ago, Tazio said:

Jack Ross coming over very well on this evenings episode. 

He did. I laughed when they asked if there was a procedure by clubs before a sacking and he said yes, they just tell you you're sacked 😂

Rogue Daddy
8 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Yeah I've enjoyed his punditry too on recent football matches too. Can tell he is an intelligent guy, covering old ground but still maintain Hibs would be much better off if they hadn't got rid of him.

Got to agree with you here. He's far better than some of the twats that are wheeled out.

8 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Telfer's New Order t shirt was pretty cool. 

Another good show tonight. 

Ha ha first thing I noticed was his Technique t-shirt. Think he wore one of the New Order Spezial shirts as well once so obviously a man of decent music taste (yes I'm such a sad sack for remembering this stuff).

Jack Ross came across well I agree.

There is a parallel universe where he doesn't leave Hearts and takes over from Neilson instead of Cathro and never gets the Hibs job the poor guy.

8 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

If you’re trying to get the game to grow, should you emphasise the positives or just focus on the negatives?

English football is boring as sin a lot of the time yet it’s talked about an an art form with that PR machine behind it 

Absolutely bang on. That Wolves/Leeds game last night was an absolute yawn fest. The result was so predictable I switch off the TV at half time!

Perth to Paisley
10 hours ago, R1874 said:

When was the last time you actually watched  a top level game?

You do know that low level men's football is "so bad"

hoof.hearted
1 hour ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Playing without a goalkeeper would be an improvement,  less to cringe at. 

The men's game gets slautered if someone makes a mistake but God forbid we criticise women's football. Everyone should be able to play whatever sport they chose to, but let's stop pretending it's any good. 

1 hour ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Football in general is pretty bland thing to watch scattered with 1 or 2 bits of entertainment.  Its those one or two moments of pure joy that keeps people going and engaged, mixed in with the tribalism of it being 'our' club.

Problem with English football that is so often over hyped that expectations are never met.

• 1 year later...