Season ticket sales will be above 12k

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

For a bit balance in these gloomy days. 

Cup final

Room for further improvement. 

Halkett and another 3/4 good players to sign. 

Naismith to be announced. 

St sales will soar. 

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• graygo

• Alex Kintner

• Inch Hearts

portobellojambo1

What a strange and yet not unexpected opening post. But there again further improvement from absolute pish has to be termed as progress I guess.

Edited by portobellojambo1

There are undoubtedly a lot of fans who will not renew whilst Craig Levein is manager. I'm not one of them but we must sign better players and announce them early for ST sales to not take too much of a dunt IMO

avhudtheteeshirt

Its all down to the love of"Hearts", just because its been an up and down year why would you stop going?

2 semi-finals and a final to come, and its doom and gloom?

In past years we were fighting relegation and we still bought season tickets for next season!

If you like to moan this is the place to do it, if you feel that strongly about not buying a season ticket, I can't see any point on coming on this forum just to tell everyone?

Just crawl away into a corner and take your impending doom with you!!! PLEASE!!!!!

tynietigers

I have to agree 12k seems about right to me. Social media glorifies all aspects of life but people will still buy into next season on hope and it’s what we do, as sitting watching the Hearts come out on a Saturday win lose or draw.

Phil Dunphy

Yesterday was a clear indication of the apathy of the Hearts support these days.

Anyone who sees it differently is ****ing deluded.

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Its all down to the love of"Hearts", just because its been an up and down year why would you stop going?

2 semi-finals and a final to come, and its doom and gloom?

In past years we were fighting relegation and we still bought season tickets for next season!

If you like to moan this is the place to do it, if you feel that strongly about not buying a season ticket, I can't see any point on coming on this forum just to tell everyone?

Just crawl away into a corner and take your impending doom with you!!! PLEASE!!!!!

Destroyed in one semi final and we couldn't have hand picked easier teams to reach the other. Thankfully most of us have a brain and can see that this season has been a total shambles and we are going nowhere under Levein. 

glynnlondon
18 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

"Room for improvement" is my favourite from that list.

:rofl:

Edited by glynnlondon

avhudtheteeshirt
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Destroyed in one semi final and we couldn't have hand picked easier teams to reach the other. Thankfully most of us have a brain and can see that this season has been a total shambles and we are going nowhere under Levein. 

But you'll still be turning up next season?

Forever Hearts
Just now, avhudtheteeshirt said:

But you'll still be turning up next season?

I'll be picking and choosing my games if there isn't a managerial change. He has sucked every bit of enthusiasm out of me and going to Tynecastle is now a chore. 

John mcCartney

absolute balloons the four of them on here.....one even called us` rodents` the other week

discerning and much concerned punters is more apt

Cruyff Turn

Even if we sold 12,000, that would be over 1,000 decline in from this season. And almost a 2,000 decline from the 2016/17 season.

I can see at least 2,000 more folk not renewing until Levein is gone tbh. This season has been the straw that broke the camels back. If that happens, the loss of 4,000 season ticket holders in 3 seasons should surely send a message to the board.

A lot of folk can no longer see any way forward under this setup now. 

I think the apathy towards the club is much more magnified than under Vlad or Robinson because we’re financed by fans and fans have been pumping cash in for seasons with the club going backwards on the park.

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Boab said:

And this couldn’t have gone on the other thread ?

Jeez !

Of course it could've. But the OP would've got less attention that way. 

23 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Yesterday was a clear indication of the apathy of the Hearts support these days.

Anyone who sees it differently is ****ing deluded.

Absolutely.

A couple of thousand empty seats and a mass walk out 5 minutes into the second half will surely make AB think long and hard about the general direction the footballing part of the club is going.

20 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Even if we sold 12,000, that would be over 1,000 decline in from this season. And almost a 2,000 decline from the 2016/17 season.

I can see at least 2,000 more folk not renewing until Levein is gone tbh. This season has been the straw that broke the camels back. If that happens, the loss of 4,000 season ticket holders in 3 seasons should surely send a message to the board.

A lot of folk can no longer see any way forward under this setup now. 

I think the apathy towards the club is much more magnified than under Vlad or Robinson because we’re financed by fans and fans have been pumping cash in for seasons with the club going backwards on the park.

So you are predicting 10k? I have heard that somewhere before. 

Dagger Is Back

I’ve probably had more crap seasons than good ones in the 44 years I’ve had following Hearts. 

Suffered SCF maulings, cup disappointments galore, especially to teams we should have been beating. Suffered relegations, league titles disappearing with 7 minutes to go.

We’ve occasionally threatened the Uglies and in one off games we have some wonderful memories.

Our derby record is something to be proud of.

That having been said, some have an overwhelming sense of entitlement. I get that given how much fans have supported this club and got it back off it’s knees.

The last two seasons have been awful. Levein is past his sell by date and we need new blood both on/off the park.

There have been days when it’s been difficult to get motivated to trudge along to Tynie only to be served up a dish of bland, uninspiring, and one dimensional football.

Theres a number of reasons to buy a ST. Loyalty, hope, camaraderie, get away from the family etc

I’ve bought mine for next season. Depriving the club of much needed income  is not an option. We’ve suffered horrendous seasons before and we will undoubtedly again. 

I’m going to stay on the train and hope that the football Gods smile on us on 25 May.

I think there will be positive changes over the summer and for me, now is not the time to abandon ship

Edited by Dagger Is Back

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I’ve probably had more crap seasons that good ones in the 44 years I’ve had following Hearts. 

Suffered SCF maulings, cup disappointments galore, especially to teams we should have been beating. Suffered relegations, league titles disappearing with 7 minutes to go.

We’ve occasionally threatened the Uglies and in one off games we have some wonderful memories.

That having been said, some have an overwhelming sense of entitlement. I get that given how much fans have supported this club and got it back off it’s knees.

The last two seasons have been awful. Levein is past his sell by date and we need new blood both on/off the park.

There have been days when it’s been difficult to get motivated to trudge along to Tynie only to be served up a dish of bland, uninspiring, and one dimensional football.

Theres a number of reasons to buy a ST. Loyalty, hope, camaraderie, get away from the family etc

I’ve bought mine for next season. Depriving the club of much needed income  is not an option. We’ve suffered horrendous seasons before and we will undoubtedly again. 

I’m going to stay on the train and hope that the football Gods smile on us on 25 May.

I think there will be positive changes over the summer and for me, now is not the time to abandon ship

PHM 

?

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Absolutely.

A couple of thousand empty seats and a mass walk out 5 minutes into the second half will surely make AB think long and hard about the general direction the footballing part of the club is going.

Aye, send the team off on a high to win our 4th trophy in 50 plus years. 

Great "supporter" you are. 

Bazzas right boot

I'm waiting to renew, I want to move. 

Should be plenty choice by the sounds of it as fans go off in the creame puff. 

Calebs Grandad
29 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I've bought 5 for my wife, 3 kids and I.

HHGH

Renewed our 3 as well. The ‘pick and choose’ brigade can go **** themselves HHGH 

Just now, Calebs Grandad said:

Renewed our 3 as well. The ‘pick and choose’ brigade can go **** themselves HHGH 

Renewed mine too.

:clyay:

Calebs Grandad
14 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I’ve probably had more crap seasons than good ones in the 44 years I’ve had following Hearts. 

?????? This 100% 

16 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

100% DiB, well said.

As to those jesting that we will not reach 12k season tickets.

I think you need maybe look at those around you who are loyal

and have a little more pride in yourself and the club.

We were always the bridesmaid and it will be tortuous but we fought through then so why not now.

Finlay James
9 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

???

Phil Dunphy

"We've always been shite, though" is the ****ing worst attempt at a sales pitch for folk to renew.

As if what we've been going through in recent years is some kind of badge of honour.

Cruyff Turn
27 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So you are predicting 10k? I have heard that somewhere before. 

A bit more than that probably. I think 11,000 will definitely renew. Look at the home games this season, many season ticket holders don’t even turn up. 

More people will choose their games. 

We’ll see but I’d expect the uptake to significantly decline again if CL remains as head coach. 

Change the setup and we’d probably  sell 13,000-14,000. 

Edited by Cruyff Turn

heartandsoul
1 hour ago, Haringshairband said:

I won't be buying one until Levein goes and I imagine there will be a few who feel the same.

This

portobellojambo1
35 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I’ve probably had more crap seasons that good ones in the 44 years I’ve had following Hearts. 

I, too, have renewed DiB, but I do understand why many are considering not doing so. I've highlighted two or three sentences from your post above. By going to watch HMFC every week, home and away I don't think I have an entitlement of any sort but I do have expectations of those who are involved on the football side of the business, whether it be managing, coaching or playing. Your other two sentences sum it up for me, the last two seasons have indeed been awful and at the moment the excitement about getting ready to head off and watch the team isn't there on many occasions, because before leaving you know what you are going to witness. Someone else on the thread mentioned loyalty and truth is that sometimes blind loyalty can be a danger as well. I'd be lying if I said that a change in the football management and coaching staff will bring instant success. Only time will tell in that respect. But I also think it is very safe to say that no change on that side will inevitably mean no change in what football is on show going forward. And it is this aspect that is making an awful lot of people consider not renewing, something I understand fully. Those who accept failure are not benefiting the club in any way.

People on this thread are coming out with stupid comments along the lines of if people don't renew it means they can then pick different seats to sit in. Any loss of financial input needs to be given careful consideration, especially when many of those saying they won't renew have been loyal for as long as yourself.

I will be 70 this year and have followed hearts all my life I have already renewed for next season as you must support them during the bad times as well as the good

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

"We've always been shite, though" is the ****ing worst attempt at a sales pitch for folk to renew.

As if what we've been going through in recent years is some kind of badge of honour.

Exactly, talk about having a losers mentality.

I never seen that line in the 2019-20 ST brochure !

:kirk:

Tynecastle was soulless yesterday,pre match to post match,from pitch to stands.

Whole experience was rank.

Will no doubt renew out of habit and loyalty but really feel like im just throwing my money away.

Pi$$es me off how $hit my club is just now,can't even get excited about the final. ?

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Aye, send the team off on a high to win our 4th trophy in 50 plus years. 

Great "supporter" you are. 

I gave my all for 48 minutes at Tynecastle yesterday which is more than the majority of the players did.

Phil Dunphy
36 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Exactly, talk about having a losers mentality.

Might just be me, but I'd quite like my football club to shake the perennial losers aura around it.

Not add it to our honours list.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I, too, have renewed DiB, but I do understand why many are considering not doing so. I've highlighted two or three sentences from your post above. By going to watch HMFC every week, home and away I don't think I have an entitlement of any sort but I do have expectations of those who are involved on the football side of the business, whether it be managing, coaching or playing. Your other two sentences sum it up for me, the last two seasons have indeed been awful and at the moment the excitement about getting ready to head off and watch the team isn't there on many occasions, because before leaving you know what you are going to witness. Someone else on the thread mentioned loyalty and truth is that sometimes blind loyalty can be a danger as well. I'd be lying if I said that a change in the football management and coaching staff will bring instant success. Only time will tell in that respect. But I also think it is very safe to say that no change on that side will inevitably mean no change in what football is on show going forward. And it is this aspect that is making an awful lot of people consider not renewing, something I understand fully. Those who accept failure are not benefiting the club in any way.

People on this thread are coming out with stupid comments along the lines of if people don't renew it means they can then pick different seats to sit in. Any loss of financial input needs to be given careful consideration, especially when many of those saying they won't renew have been loyal for as long as yourself.

Great response to a great post. I will renew again but like last season it will be reluctantly, because that’s what we do.  I do understand why people won’t go until Levein leaves but I think it’s better to make your feelings known at the game, Cathro was only sacked after another poor performance and the complaints the board heard loud and clear at the game.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Might just be me, but I'd quite like my football club to shake the perennial losers aura around it.

Not add it to our honours list.

Yes indeed, too many have grown to accept mediocrity.

Bridge of Djoum
35 minutes ago, Boab said:

I never seen that line in the 2019-20 ST brochure !

:kirk:

It's been in the Hibs brochure since 1876.

3 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

For a bit balance in these gloomy days. 

Cup final

Room for further improvement. 

Halkett and another 3/4 good players to sign. 

Naismith to be announced. 

St sales will soar. 

I think even if we sell 12k it'll be well down on the past two seasons. A drop of 2k at around £300 - £400 each is a huge drop in revenue and it's solely down to Levein and match performance. I hope Budge can show some leadership here. We should be looking around for a new coach now.

It's like some people would prefer us to be shite, just to prove how big a supporter they are. Talk about misguided loyalty.

Calebs Grandad
1 hour ago, Jimbojack said:

I will be 70 this year and have followed hearts all my life I have already renewed for next season as you must support them during the bad times as well as the good

???? Unfortunately we seem to have a lot of whinging snowflakes in our support who see things differently from the rest of us.