• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Justin Z

• Governor Tarkin

• ri Alban

• Bridge of Djoum

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Adam Murray said:

There'll be a few on here who can't wait for the pi55 taking of Ramadan this Sunday, and all the Muhammad cartoons and memes that go along with it...……………...oh wait ?

I think it's pretty normal to be more vocal about the daft religions we grew up with, we understand the context, the culture, how it affects society.

None of my Mrs' family are awful, nasty, obnoxious muslims parading their beliefs in my face, they're christians. Her grandad honestly thinks all poofs should be taken out and shot, all catholics sent to Ireland. All of them. Church elder. Respected man in his community.

I don't apologise for having a problem with christianity!

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
4 hours ago, Adam Murray said:

There'll be a few on here who can't wait for the pi55 taking of Ramadan this Sunday, and all the Muhammad cartoons and memes that go along with it...……………...oh wait ?

Mohammed is a *****. 

Maple Leaf
4 hours ago, Adam Murray said:

Maybe the fact that it's a "Christ the lord ... " thread has something to do with it.

It seems Christian's are the most persecuted according to a recent report.

Described as ethnic cleansing.

Because that's what is happening .

4 hours ago, jake said:

It seems Christian's are the most persecuted according to a recent report.

Described as ethnic cleansing.

Because that's what is happening .

Religious persecution around much of the world is still extremely rife. Humanity would be better off without it at all--one fewer excuse to treat other humans poorly.

Der Kaiser

It's amazing the huge coincidence of religion and geography.....born in a certain country and it just happens that the right god has saturated the market there. He really does work in mysterious ways.

Praise the lord....or lords....or lady......or maybe they don't identify as a gender.....praise them all the less.....

21 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

It's amazing the huge coincidence of religion and geography.....born in a certain country and it just happens that the right god has saturated the market there. He really does work in mysterious ways.

Praise the lord....or lords....or lady......or maybe they don't identify as a gender.....praise them all the less.....

It's remarkable . . . I wish a study was done correlating religion and place of birth. I guess though we'd still be stuck with the same problem: People who compartmentalise and ignore reality as needed to maintain their god delusion.

40 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

It's remarkable . . . I wish a study was done correlating religion and place of birth. I guess though we'd still be stuck with the same problem: People who compartmentalise and ignore reality as needed to maintain their god delusion.

Another remarkable stat!...The most prayerful countries are the most deprived...big deefy getting slinged universally.

1 minute ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Another remarkable stat!...The most prayerful countries are the most deprived...big deefy getting slinged universally.

You can break this down more regionally too . . . the most prayerful counties in the United States also tend to the most deprivation. ?

As Christopher Hitchens said on religion and geography :

Why, after 80,000 yrs of humans miserable existence , did the son of god appear at that time, and to the most backward, superstitious tribes, in the most barren, illiterate area of the world, where all subsequent revelations happened , and which became the new birthplace of salvation and right & wrong.  Not in China or the Indus Valley for example , where  reading and maths had already developed .

5 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Religious persecution around much of the world is still extremely rife. Humanity would be better off without it at all--one fewer excuse to treat other humans poorly.

Humans don't need an excuse or religion to persecute others. 

Governor Tarkin
On 04/05/2019 at 07:15, Justin Z said:

You can break this down more regionally too . . . the most prayerful counties in the United States also tend to the most deprivation. ?

Your Philistine statistics don't impress me.

I am impressed thet your familiarisation with the vernacular now stretches to "big deefy getting slinged", however. 

On 04/05/2019 at 12:15, ri Alban said:

Humans don't need an excuse or religion to persecute others. 

Atheist regimes have murdered so you are correct.

21 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Your Philistine statistics don't impress me.

I am impressed thet your familiarisation with the vernacular now stretches to "big deefy getting slinged", however. 

:lol: They say travelling changes a person . . .

11 minutes ago, jake said:

Atheist regimes have murdered so you are correct.

Usually religious folk. Did the Soviet Union not persecute millions of Christians.

Indeed. As already discussed, it had a religion--the state itself--to replace the other religions within it with.

Bridge of Djoum

Happy Sunday, everyone. I welcome you back to JKB from your morning prayers. How is the Lord today?

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Happy Sunday, everyone. I welcome you back to JKB from your morning prayers. How is the Lord today?

Hes doing fine.

I'm feeling blessed this morning .

Simple things make me happy.

Hes worried about you though.

But says he loves you anyway.

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I'm sound, cheers

Bridge of Djoum
9 minutes ago, jake said:

Hes doing fine.

I'm feeling blessed this morning .

Simple things make me happy.

Hes worried about you though.

But says he loves you anyway.

He still hasn't forgiven me for an incident back in 94'.

Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

He still hasn't forgiven me for an incident back in 94'.

That's why hes worried.

Hell for you I'm afraid

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, jake said:

That's why hes worried.

Hell for you I'm afraid

A new one?

42 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Indeed. As already discussed, it had a religion--the state itself--to replace the other religions within it with.

Just read some of that back.

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Probably fecking knackered, his one day of rest, his one day off to put his feet up and survey all that's he's created and what happens, millions of people want to talk to him, when all he wanted was just one day of peace and fecking quiet, just one day out of the office being the 'almighty', nay fecking luck, well you know what they say 'no rest for the wicked'.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Probably fecking knackered, his one day of rest, his one day off to put his feet up and survey all that's he's created and what happens, millions of people want to talk to him, when all he wanted was just one day of peace and fecking quiet, just one day out of the office being the 'almighty', nay fecking luck, well you know what they say 'no rest for the wicked'.

Also, I think Man U just ****** his accumulator.

Tough day for the Almighty.

Watt-Zeefuik
On 04/05/2019 at 03:15, Justin Z said:

Although the causality on that one is questionable. . . the most deprived counties in the US are often African-American, who are also among the most religious Americans, and it ain't religion that's making black people poor in this country.

Watt-Zeefuik
On 05/05/2019 at 08:37, Bridge of Djoum said:

Flew down to Florida on Saturday for my aunt's funeral. She could be hard to be around at times but also raised a gigantic amount of money through the church for food for immigrant farmworker kids. She also ran the annual fundraiser at the church for Heifer International and did it so well that Heifer flew folks out to see her to find out how she did it.

The flights back were totally messed so I ended up catching the first leg, renting a car at 1 in the morning (because our trains are beyond shit), driving to my parents' house, sleeping for four hours, then driving the rest of the way to make it to church so I could watch the kids. Fortunately there were at least a dozen folks willing to jump in and help with our baby (who has pink eye so couldn't go to the church nursery where he usually spends Sunday morning) and several more ready to console me for my family's loss, my wretched travel, and my lack of sleep, and to bring me coffee.

No one has seen God, as the Gospel of John says. Just some folks trying to do their best, falling short, and trying some more.

6 hours ago, Ugly American said:

Although the causality on that one is questionable. . . the most deprived counties in the US are often African-American, who are also among the most religious Americans, and it ain't religion that's making black people poor in this country.

That is a very good and very fair point. It prompts the question, what is the connection here?

Sorry for your loss as well, and for your travelling travails.

Ron Burgundy
On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 09:13, felix said:

As Christopher Hitchens said on religion and geography :

Why, after 80,000 yrs of humans miserable existence , did the son of god appear at that time, and to the most backward, superstitious tribes, in the most barren, illiterate area of the world, where all subsequent revelations happened , and which became the new birthplace of salvation and right & wrong.  Not in China or the Indus Valley for example , where  reading and maths had already developed .

Jesus as a Chinaman, that's a tough sell.